All Comments on 'Into the Storm'

by TRIAX

Sort by:
  • 1 Comment
AnonymousAnonymousalmost 4 years ago

To stilted in the story telling parts, and too much non-essential radio chatter, especially using names and ranks over the radio. In the story telling bits, one time mentioning the full nomenclature of a tank or other equipment, then just a short name. leapord instead of adding the model etc with it. Ditto, if you ARE going to use rank and name on the radio in a combat situation, which you shouldn't, you don't need to say "First Lieutenant" plus his name." Just 'L-T' or Lieutenant.

In my time, admittedly around forty years ago, officers in the same company, regardless of rank, in an informal situation, just used their first names among themselves once they knew each other. Of course on the job or in a formal situation, rank and last name. And NEVER use a person's name on the radio. You should always be conscious that the bad guys are also listening to you. The less they know about you the better. And the bad guys artillery is using your radio transmissions to develop a firing solution. Too much chatter and you suddenly start getting incoming arty, mortars, and rockets.

Otherwise a good plot.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous