Into the Vampire's Lair Ch. 07

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Dominic must be nodding for Sydney continued talking. "It will take them time to track her down to where she's at now. And even when they do, they will not take her out in front of the humans. They might be ruthless if she was in our midst because we already know they exist but they will not expose themselves to the mortals."

"I never thought of it that way... but what if they do find her? Who's keeping guard of her? I know Eian hasn't sanctioned any of the Betas to stay and keep an eye out for her."

"Stationing too many Beta wolves at the same location will only give their hiding location away! No... Eian has sent some of the younger Weres to study there remember? Some of them still have not expressed their wolf-qualities yet and they smell just like any other humans. I think they report back daily. Besides, she is going by her official name now right? I doubt even the Council knows that."

"Yeah, Fiona really put a big whammy on her. She doesn't even respond to 'Amber' anymore. It's kinda funny though coz I think one of the guys shortened her name because he thought her eyes looked like amber. He must be blind or something for her eyes are blue not yellow! But she immediately loved it and started going by that name."

"You're just stupid honey. Her eyes are like amber; the blue varieties. Anyway, Ambrosia sounds so... old fashioned. I don't blame her for choosing to be called Amber instead."

"Thank god you didn't shorten your name to Syd or something. I mean, imagine me moaning out Syd when we're making love. Totally not sexy."

Alaron had heard enough. Suddenly he forgot why he was standing outside the door in the first place for his mind was occupied with worry over his brother. If they had put a 'big whammy' on Amber as Dominic had said, it must mean that Eian had found out about it! Damn! That was sooner than he expected.

Walking away as fast as he could towards the reception area, Alaron dialed Draven's number. His brother picked up on the third ring.

"Are you in trouble?" was the first thing he asked.

"I'd rather say you are. Where are you?" asked Alaron, glossing over Draven's question.

"I'm on my way home. Why?"

"Which home?" Alaron's voice was brimming with impatience. "You better not be going back to Father."

Draven kept silent.

"Oh god... you are? That is seriously the most stupid thing to do at the moment. I'm guessing if Eian knows it, Father will know about it by now. He'll be enraged!"

A soft sigh accompanied Draven's voice, "Don't be so dramatic Alaron... everything is fine. Eian will not tell Father anything because there is nothing to tell. I want to go home and let Father know about my decision to return to the Council."

This time, Alaron kept quiet. Draven's decision to return to the Council had obviously stunned him.

"You're all grown up now Alaron... surely you don't expect me to be around to take care of you right?"

"But the lab..."

"I'm sure you can handle the work there. You're a smart, resourceful boy. You were quite a genius in isolating that gene for Fiona remember?"

Alaron was quiet. He knew that Draven was just trying to cheer him up when in fact his brother was the one who needed it. In all his life, he had never seen Draven taking more than a glance at a woman and yet he had been enamored by that Doctor, even forgetting the consequences of his actions.

"Brother..." whispered Alaron in what almost sounded like a plea. "Please don't go to Father... he can scent out a lie from a mile away."

"It will be fine Alaron... Unlike you, I've had centuries to practice the art of lying. Besides, I just want to let him know about my decision to return to service."

When Alaron didn't say anything, Draven continued, "Alright then, I've got to go. Take care and stay out of trouble understand? Everything will be fine."

Then he disconnected. Alaron looked down at his feet and whispered sadly, "You're lying..."

***

"You're lying," said Aramis matter-of-factly as he raised his head slightly from staring at the reports on his desk. His eyes glanced blandly at his son. He had no idea what brought about this sudden urge to return the Enforcers' service but he knew that whatever concoctions Draven had just told him was just that- a lie.

"Please Father. I have been out of the service for some time now. I am bored. I've been doing research for so long now that inventing doesn't hold much appeal any longer..."

Aramis raised a hand, causing Draven to halt mid sentence. "If you want to be on the Council so much, then take my place. Or have you forgotten? It's our family's turn to sit on the board of Elders this century. I've already served for the past ten years; nosed around more like it but it doesn't appeal to me."

Draven stared open mouthed at his father. He had not forgotten but he was just shocked at the responsibility his father was conferring to him. The Elders had reserved one token seat for the Purebloods to play a supervisory role. In actual fact, the Pureblood in that position hardly ever meddles with the Council affairs unless it concerns their class directly.

Draven was unsure if this was meant as a good or bad news. Good in the sense that if he was serving as an Elder instead of an Enforcer, he would have much more control over the decision making pertaining to termination, should there be any, with regards to Amber. But the bad part...

"You're not saying anything."

"I am most grateful for this opportunity Father... but perhaps it is still too early for me to take on such a great responsibility."

The pen that Aramis was holding fluttered down from his fingers. "My son, you are half a millennium old. Still relatively young but you have proven much to the Council in the past years. Surely they will not object to this decision. Furthermore, it's just another ninety years. It is not a long time."

Draven tried not to falter his gaze on his father but he knew that there was a 'however' coming...

True enough, Aramis clasps his palms together and spoke, "However... if you wish to take up this position then I have one request."

It took every nerve in his body not to swallow in fear. "What would that be, my Lord?"

"You will take a wife."

Unable to control himself anymore, Draven balked. "No! I mean yes but no!"

Aramis raised an eyebrow curiously over his son's strange response.

"I'll take that as a yes. You can see yourself out," he said before returning his eyes to his reports.

Draven knew it was now or never. He knew that by 'wife' his father meant a Pureblood which was why he said 'no' initially but then he did want to take a wife... he already knew who she should be but the thought of punishment made him blurt out another no.

"Father, what if I choose not to marry a Pureblood?"

The startled gesture of his father was nothing compared to the anger in his eyes. Even though he kept his voice calm, Draven knew that he had now entered the dragon's den.

"What nonsense is this?"

"Father... I just don't want to marry for the sake of marrying."

"It is your duty!"

Draven swallowed his saliva down slowly. Was his father really this archaic in his thoughts? This was the 21st century for crying out loud!

"I will produce an heir but with the woman of my choice... and not now."

"Then I forbade you from returning to the Council... in any position." His voice was firm and unyielding.

Fear washed over Draven's face at his father's reply. He had to get on the Council no matter what! It was the only way for him to ensure that Amber would be kept safe from his kind. Draven was caught in a dilemma now. If he refused his father's condition, he might be powerless to stop his father's orders should he ever find out about Amber.

"Let's say... for argument's sake that I concede to your request and produce a legitimate Pureblood heir, would I then be free to marry the woman I choose after that?" There was a silent 'like you' behind it and Aramis was aware of that.

"That would be your liberty," he answered casually.

Braving himself, Draven continued, "Even if it's a human or a... werewolf?"

Aramis's eyes widened into large saucers as he stood up. Draven tried not to give in to his fright at the sight of his father coming closer.

SMACK!

Draven felt the sting of his father's palm and smelled the blood from his nails but he kept still and stared expressionlessly at Aramis.

"Do not compare Fiona to yourself! I have secured her a political marriage that benefits not just our status but also our kind. An allegiance with the Orginal Wolf is bound to grant us a lot of concessions."

"Was Fiona just a pawn then?"

"Don't you dare speak to me like that Draven," warned Aramis. "What I choose to do is my prerogative. Even you, my heir, have no right to question it."

Draven turned away in disgust. He knew this was coming but somehow hearing it from his father's mouth made him angrier. His father has no notion of his children's happiness.

Draven was raised to be a warrior with harsh military training, no emotional connections and a polite but cordial relationship with his father. His mother hadn't even cared about him for she left soon after he was weaned. Then when it was Alaron's turn, Father had no idea how to raise him and had left Draven to do it but at least this time, his stepmother was around. He wasn't sure if she loved him as much as her own son but she showed him kindness and affection. But when she died, Father didn't do anything to help Alaron but simply told Draven to take care of things. And Fiona? The moment she was turned, she was literally carted away to live with the Werewolves.

Draven's heart was slowly turning bitter and he refused to look at his father anymore. Keeping his eyes down, he turned and gave a quick bow before walking towards the door.

"Since you dare to turn your back on me while I'm still speaking, then the decision is mine to make. I will find the suitable girl and you will marry on the day of the equinox."

Draven's hand stilled on the door handle. Surely his father did not mean the March equinox? That is in eight days!

***

"How about Equinox?" asked Erika as she and Alaron stared at the empty retail space.

"What about it?"

"For the name!" she exclaimed, "It's befitting. Equinox means there's equal day and night right? And Fiona's the dweller of the night and I'm the sunshine of the day!"

Alaron gave her a sideward glance. "You're kidding right... dwellers of the night? You make us sound so exotic."

"Aren't you?"

"Aren't I what?"

"Exotic?"

"I'm not a tropical fruit Erika!" he snapped, quickening his pace. "And besides we can go out in the sun."

"Poo! You are so spoiling my image of Dracula. At least he's much more exciting and scary."

Alaron rolled his eyes but before he could retort, she turned suddenly and said, "So? What do you think of the name?"

"How would I know? I'm not the co-owner of this place!"

"Yes you are now. You signed at the bottom of the form too remember?"

Yeah, only after she whined and begged like for half an hour.

"Uh... yeah but still you've got to discuss it with Fiona. I'm what you call, the sleeping partner."

"Sleep all you want. You hold 51% of the shares so that makes you the owner."

"Yeah yeah yeah. Owner, slave... whatever," he muttered, ushering her inside. He had no interest in the shop whatsoever and didn't even bother telling Erika that both she and Fiona were the owners as far as he was concerned.

"You're such a sour puss," she said, making faces at him. "Wanna check out the loft? I bet it's just spacious!"

Alaron didn't even bother saying no for she was already dragging him by the wrist. Her initial shriek caused panic and alarm to streak through his body. Instictively, he pulled her back and stepped forward to face the danger... only that there was none.

He turned and narrowed his eyes at her. "Why did you scream?"

"Just look at the space! Oh I can just die from excitement! Come!" she squealed, pushing away from him. "Oh, I'm going to install the kitchen area here and then maybe a sitting area by that corner. Oh and I think I'm going to put my bed by this wall over here," she rattled on.

"Actually I think it'll be nicer if you place your bed under the window. That way the sunlight will shine on your face to wake you up."

"Ouch. I can literally feel the sun zapping at my skin cells."

"It's tinted see? And I think treated for UV too. Please, you're renting an expensive property. It's not the cheap see-through glass that you used to have in your old loft. Besides, I think you look beautiful when you wake up with the light in your hair and all."

Erika twirled on her feet to face him with surprise. "Was that a compliment?"

"What?" he asked in alarm. Did he say something wrong again?

"As in, that's the first compliment you've given me," she explained then smiled. "Thank you."

"Oh, err... welcome."

Erika was smiling as she tiptoed to press a kiss on his cheek. "You're actually quite a nice guy Alaron. I'm sorry about this morning."

Alaron didn't reply her; his mind whole concentrated on not making a move he'd regret. She had kissed him, in a friendly way and here he was thinking of the most lustful things he'd rather her do to him. Instead he closed his eyes and tried to stay calm and logical. He liked this annoying woman... a lot and he didn't want her to think he was a horny bastard.

"Alaron?" she asked nervously. The air in the room was suddenly electric and there were no sounds except for their soft breathing. Her hand gently laid on his shoulder, jerking his attention to her before she jumped back in surprise. Alaron's eyes were blazing, a bronze hue taking over the dark brown irises.

"If you leave now, I wouldn't do things I'd regret later," he said as calmly as he could.

"Like what?"

Alaron muttered a curse under his breath before growling at her. "Like this."

Erika could feel the violence in him as he claimed her with his kiss but while his lips and hands were demanding, she knew that he would stop if she asked him to. It took her a few seconds to decide between asking him to stop or to kiss him back. Erika chose the latter only to groan in disappointment when he stepped reluctantly away from their embrace.

"I think we better leave," he suggested, tearing his eyes away from her lest he maul her right there and then.

Disappointment and embarrassment flashed over Erika's face as she understood the dismissal.

"Okay."

They stood staring at each other for a few heartbeats.

"I was thinking my bed but if you'd rather the cold floor, I don't mind either," he said slowly.

It took Erika a while to understand what he meant. She flared her eyes when understanding finally kicked in. His bed... wow.

She shook her head slightly and whispered, "Here... now."

No sooner had those words escaped her lips, he was already tugging at her dress, his lips pressed against hers once more. She in turn was pulling his shirt out of his jeans, impatiently unbuttoning them to touch the body she had only seen in the past week.

She was kissing him back this time, with equal passion, her need mingling with his as he pressed her against the nearest wall. He was already shrugging out of his shirt and Erika suddenly felt eager to have her own dress out of the way so that she could feel his naked flesh against her own. Her fingers moved down to the hem of her dress and she helped them both by pulling it up and over her head, tossing it careless to the floor.

She heard him groan slightly when his eyes rested on her nearly naked body but he made no attempt to touch her yet. Instead, he bent his head to trail his lips along the column of her neck, licking and kissing it till he reached her ears.

"Tell me to stop Erika," he half moaned, half whispered for she was currently unbuckling his jeans and reaching inside his boxers for his hardening member. A hiss escaped from his lips when her fingers closed around him; her warmth sending shivers down his spine.

She continued to stroke him, aware of the sharp intake of breaths he took or the occasional moan that told her she was doing it right. There was no way she was going to stop now. She could feel him pushing his jeans further down for her and that was permission enough for what she had in mind next.

"Erika, what!" she heard him gasp as she went down on her knees, pulling both his jeans and boxers all the way to his ankles. "I don't think you should... oh god your mouth is so warm..." he could no longer think as he felt her mouth engulfing his cock. He was hard now and looking down, he could see her having some difficulties trying to get the whole length into her mouth.

But it was the sounds that she was making that were turning him on beyond reconciliation; she sounded so needy, so horny and ravenously hungry... for him.

Alaron braced himself by placing his palms on the wall, trying not to give in too much to the sensations. He had planned to be the dominant one and here she was doing all sorts of delicious things to his senses. Reluctantly, his hands moved to pull her head away from his cock.

He noticed the sexy way her wet lips glistened from all that sucking. How did something so simple look so erotic? He needed to taste those lips again. He pulled her up in one stroke and crushed his mouth against hers, hearing the soft protest die on her lips. Strawberries and coffee invaded his senses as he sucked on her lower lips. So that's what that shiny stuff on her lips taste like, he mused. Maybe he should make her try on every lipstick she has then kiss it off and make her reapply again.

He'd like that very much.

"Are you going to kiss me the whole day Alaron?" she groaned, pulling away from his kiss with some effort. She leaned her back against the wall and wrapped her legs around his waist suggestively. There was only so much that a woman can hold on to when she's horny.

"What do you have in mind?" he whispered in amusement at her brazenness. She merely whimpered against him, her lust flashing boldly in her eyes. "Tsk tsk Erika... I didn't know you were such a horny girl."

Despite her previous boldness, Erika blushed.

"That's so cute," he chuckled before covering her lips with his again. This time, his fingers began working on the bra that she was still wearing; eager to release the warm flesh from their confines.

Tossing the material aside, he pulled his lips away to examine her firm breasts without the lacy bra in the way. He traced a finger down the centre of her chest to her belly button, noting the way her nipples suddenly turned hard even though he wasn't touching them directly.

"Don't stare at them," she pleaded, jerking his attention to her face but Alaron simply smiled as his hands moved to cup her breasts gently. They were much smaller than the breasts of the women he was used to but he liked the way they fit perfectly in his palm. Giving a gentle squeeze, he bent forward to capture a nipple between his lips and heard her moan.

He didn't give in to her silent plea when her body arched against his, desperately wanting more than his torturous licks and gentle bites. Her need brought pleasure to his ears as he heard the rush of blood from her heart down to her throbbing centre.

Carefully stepping out of his jeans, he carried her and laid her down on the pool of clothes they had tossed carelessly earlier.

The sight of her thighs parting slightly made him swallow in fascination. It wouldn't hurt to have just a taste now would it?

His fingers deftly eased the elastic band of her thong down her thighs, slipping them off her legs. Parting her legs carefully, he hooked each knee on one of his shoulders and began running his tongue along the smooth skin of her inner thighs towards her sweet throbbing pussy. He inhaled the scent of her arousal and immediately moved closer to begin pleasuring her. He lavished her clit with as much attention as he could; licking and sucking the sensitive bud until he could hear the blood singing in her veins next to his ears. She was going to have her first of many orgasms, he mused, listening as she screamed out in pleasure; her body rocking with intense sensations. Turning his head, he sank his teeth deep into the vein at her thigh, taking in her essence and her pleasure as though it were his own.