Iron Rain Pt. 17

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

"I am Bennu I am Nikolas' wife," the woman claimed.

"WIFE," Akira called out in shock. "When the hell did that happen?"

"This very night," Bennu said calmly.

"But..." Akira tried but the shock and pain were just too much and the tears flowed as she sobbed.

"It is time Akira Kusanagi," she said.

"Time... time for what?" she managed through the sobs.

"It is time to bid farewell to Nikolas," Bennu said with a smile.

"Farewell... lady if you hurt him I swear..." the anger sliced away the sorrow instantly.

"You misunderstand," the amethyst eyed beauty said. "I mean only that the Nikolas that you know will be gone and the new Nikolas will take his place."

Akira moved passed Bennu and knelt by Nick's side.

"Kouryou what is going on," Akira whispered in his ear.

"Akira is that you," his voice was deeper and his skin was so pale.

"It's me," she said reaching out to hold him.

"NO," Bennu called out. "He is sanctified you may not touch him."

"Kouryou is it true that woman is your wife?"

"Did she say that?"

"Yes," Akira told him and he seemed a man lost in a dream.

"Akira... I always thought that you and I would... oh it burns Akira the blood burns me!"

"Who's blood Nick?"

"HERS..." his voice dropped another octave as his eyes snapped open and Akira knew why the shadowcat had fled the field.

"OH KOURYOU YOUR EYES," Akira cried out seeing the black orbs with no hint of white whatsoever.

"I can feel the sun Akira," he moaned. "The day star approaches and I will be helpless before it."

"Let me take you away then," she begged. "Please Kouryou before it's too late."

"It is already too late beloved," Nick intoned. "The wheel turns, the world changes and so must I."

Bennu approached and laid her hand on Akira's shoulder.

"The dawn is nigh it is Nikolas' time stand with me and witness a miracle."

"What kind of miracle?" Akira asked.

"Where there was one now there are two," she said cryptically.

Nick stood and stripped off his clothing and stared unblinking at the eastern horizon. The black of night slowly gave way to indigo and navy blues. The inky shroud of darkness lightened noticeably as brighter blues and tinges of ruby and citrine painted the heavens. The edge of the world was a golden halo as the dawn star made its appearance and the first rays of true day lanced out to greet the world. Nick flinched and his body stiffened as his face became a mask of pain yet still he stood his ground. Akira watched on as his skin began to smolder and a white smoke seemed to envelope him. His body was burning in the searing daylight. His hair seemed to shrivel and blacken as did large patches of his skin then they cracked and gouts of flame shot from his eyes as his wordless scream split the air. With a suddenness that caused all to take a step back Nick's body erupted in a gold-red light and was gone, not even ash remained. The Osirins wept for their Master now gone but it was Akira who had fallen face first onto the dirt and screamed at his utter and complete loss. But Bennu watched and smiled knowing something the others did not. The earth trembled and storm clouds rose up from nowhere and spread across the horizon covering the whole of the earth. The torrential rain that followed drove the mourners inside all but Akira who lashed out at the storm for the man she loved and had lost.

South Pacific

The wail that came from his throat was like a new born infant but instead of crying from being torn from the womb he screamed as he fell from the dizzying heights far above the cloud line. He tumbled head over feet and it took him a moment to right himself and stretch out his arms and suddenly he was floating well not floating but falling slower than before. Just like parachutists he assumed a position that allowed him some measure of control over his decent. His eyes burned from the sheer velocity of his fall but there was the most amazing thing happening below him. An island was slowly rising from the depths of the ocean so at least if he survived his fall he would have some place to take shelter. The thunder and the lightning were his constant companions as he hurtled to the earth and as the ocean raced up to greet him he did the only thing that seemed natural he leaned forward and dove head first into the clear blue waters.

His body cut through the water like a knife and had the Olympic judges been there it would have been tens across the board for his flawless entry. The young man came up for air after his long swim back to the surface. A gasp for air and he swam for the shore of the queer looking island.

Naked he walked on its alien beach and looked at the cyclopean buildings littered across the islands surface. He barely registered the pouring rain as he strode into the city of dreaming gods. It was a strange place indeed. For example if he went down a flight of stairs he in fact found himself on top of one of the monuments. Likewise if he went up a winding path he plunged into the shadowy depths of this necropolis. Somewhere in his mind he seemed to know where he was going as if this were the end of some dream quest and his reward was nigh. At the intersection of a monolithic graveyard stood the stone; it was a little taller than he was and possessed six sides and its mirror bright surface was covered with strange yet familiar glyphs. A word formed in his mind... Keystone.

"The SHAW," came a voice that didn't register in his ears but in his mind.

"Who is there?"

"Turn around and know me better," the voice said again.

The young man turned and saw what had to be the largest tomb open and he stared dumbfounded at the alien mechanics of the portal. The door began to open from right to left but by the time it had finished it was resting at the top of the doorway without apparent change of the hinges positions. How was that possible? Then out of the darkness of the tomb strode a figure that was impossibly tall and was the stuff of nightmares. It was roughly humanoid but there all semblance of sane biology ended. It's head was like a great octopus topping its great bloated body with massive bat like wings and clawed hands and feet.

"You are the SHAW," it rumbled.

"I am?" the young man replied having no memory before his fall.

"Yes and you have been a very naughty boy," the Dreamer in the Deep said.

"I am sure I had good reasons," the young man replied.

"Oh indeed you did," the towering titan said.

"What am I doing here?"

"You are here to learn and when you are done you will return to your people a much changed person."

"Oh... okay. Where do we begin?" Nick asked as the Dreamer began to speak.