Is Sacred Sex Possible?

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

There is a second side to that coin however. It is very easy to rationalize and by so doing miss the whole point. Justifying karma generally does not clear it, accepting it, on the other hand, may well clear it. There can be profound learnings in getting past these justifications.

It takes courage to explore your karmic history. If you find out about a karmic debt it is important to face it and not run from it. It is best to come to it with compassion for everyone involved. A 'tooth for a tooth' is generally not a good idea. I believe that any karma can be resolved painlessly for all involved if we bring enough wisdom to the situation.

----------

Spiritual sex seems tied to unconditional love. Does unconditional love tend to lead to spiritual sex or is it the other way around? It may well be that they tend to be mutually arising.

It is easy to love when things are going right and to assume that that love is unconditional. The test comes when things aren't going right. This can be anything from something trivial such as a minor disagreement with your spouse, to overhearing creaking bed springs and knowing that it is your best friend screwing the love of your life, or staying married to a partner who does not wish to have sex with you. It can even be the Tibetan Buddhist nun talking about her years of torture at the hands of the Chinese, saying that the most difficult part of the ordeal was not hating them.

Unconditional love requires courage, wisdom and integrity. It entails loving appropriately where what is appropriate comes from an inner 'knowing' rather than a set of external rules. It is living and loving in full acceptance of the consequences of one's choices. It is also living without expectations, living fearlessly, living harmlessly, living compassionately, living in the flow. Nonetheless sometimes unconditional love will manifest as 'tough love.'

It is living with reverence. Not reverence for some external God but with reverence for the God within. Then taking the experience of being the God within and reflecting it out into the universe so that everything and everyone becomes sacred.

It is bringing the fullness of your nature to bear in relationship and inviting your partner to do the same. I use the word 'inviting' deliberately - No more and no less.

---------

My conclusion is that sacred sex is possible but not easy. Likewise it will be something that you relax into rather than force. Miracles happen when we allow them.

Thank you for taking the time to read this essay. I look forward to comments, questions and discussion. I hope that this essay will encourage those who feel so inclined to write further essays exploring this subject or write more stories exploring sacred sexuality.

12