All Comments on 'It Could Happen to You'

by carvohi

Sort by:
  • 129 Comments (Page 2)
AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
A fine story, but you didn’t resolve the “weird looks” from mom and dad, the...

... changed bedroom behavior with Celine...etc.

Except for the apparent belief that errant spouses should never suffer for their misdeeds, I really enjoy your writing style.

I hope one time or other, you’ll write a story where the cheating spouse gets some comeuppance. I don’t mean to say you should write a total BTB (Bitch or Bastard, your choice), but people when hurt (especially women), are often vengeful.

You want to tell realistic stories? Try reading some of the family court proceedings in your state. Man, some of them will curl your hair.

And for the record, I for one, do not believe that “sucking it up and working it out” is the noble thing to do in many cases. While I don’t like the divorce statistics in North America (yup, both USA and Canada have similar marital failure rates), it is also true that many of them are fully justified and rightful.

Anyway, I always look forward to a new story from carvohi....whether I agree with the premise or not.

Please continue.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 5 years ago
God, this is stupid on soooooooo many levels

She loves him, but decides to date other men?

She get upset with him dating other women when she made it clear she doesnt want him?

She lies about having had sex with other men just to make him jealous on the eve of finally getting him to commit? For no reason what so ever?

Literally after three years of an on again off again relationship she has ZERO pictures of him and her bedroom is a shrine to his brother?

He says he has a great relationship but never tells her his brother is a drug addict ex con?

She doesnt love him, she loves her life with him, a monumental difference

She is self aware enough to know this and not fuck up her gray train, but she's never loved him, and probably never will

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
That was good!

I kept waiting for the other shoe to drop, as is so commonplace in these stories, but she actually turned out to be a good faithful wife.

MarkT63MarkT63over 4 years ago
Good

Good story. No cheating yet...

lee5456lee5456over 3 years ago
Thank you for this story

It really helped to cure my insomnia

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago

Writing is like painting, in a way. Words paint pictures, and if you lack an artist's viewpoint, the pictures painted with words may be absurd or jarring. "She turned me around, it was easy because I was skinny". This creates a picture of a bone thin person being twirled effortlessly. Absurd. Another example of absurd imagery, you wrote that after the protagonist made a date with her, she "scampered away." Ridiculous description. Generally speaking, adults don't scamper. You make her into a puppy or child, using quick short steps to run away. Better description, "She smiled as she walked away." Sadly, these types of poor choices are rife throughout your writing. I am surprised by the high scores you have received. Good for you that you have persisted, but I find your work unreadable. I am unable to remain engaged with your stories by virtue of poor word choices and unintentional absurdity. Apparently, there are many readers on this site who have a less critical eye.

carvohicarvohiover 3 years agoAuthor
In response to anonymous 11-13-20

Life is absurd. I find it absurd that you decline to provide an identity I could respond to. I like it when women scamper. I also like acronyms as much as I like words.

This one's for you.

G.F.Y.

carvohi

WargamerWargamerover 3 years ago

Good story, lovely romance

Worth 5/5

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
Refreshing

An extremely well told story. Absolutely one of Carvohi's best. One hated that Celine still carried a torch for his shit brother but she explained that appearance very convincingly. Deserves all of 5+*'s.

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
Good authors must be entertaining...

.....and this one certainly is! I am working my way alphabetically through this man's oeuvre and I have yet to award less than four but mostly five stars. This story is uniquely contrived and easily deserves five stars.

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
Loved it and a rarity in this category

An actual loving wife. No cheating to cause drama and make the story entertaining. Very refreshing and great story. Thank you.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago

The story was too long and drifted all over the place. I like a good romance and this had potential but I skipped from page 3 to 6 and I really didn't miss anything.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

I have been through quite a few of your stories and noticed that in most of the stories where there is a hospital scene there is a 'foreign doctor' and he speaks 'a language difficult to understand'. That doesn't make you look any smarter as a writer. As a matter of fact that makes you look petty and even racist.

carvohicarvohiover 2 years agoAuthor

To the anonymous writer immediately above. I never gave much thought to the foreign doctor thing. I'm not a racist in that direction. Sorry if I misled you. I'll try to do better.

carvohi

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Well done.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Kind of a rambled on dragged out story with no major announcements or surprises. So no expose about David, apparently even to his wife????

I think the point of the story is finding and keeping love, but there was a lot of missing communication between a lot of folks and that causes trouble with a capital “T”.

When you have doubts, lack trust, and don’t communicate - it’s only a question of time until the festering backfires. Long story that is missing so much opportunity!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

Good story about two kids growing up, maturing and cementing their trust and love.

Hiker66BikerHiker66Bikerabout 2 years ago

Great story which kept me reading in one session. 5 stars

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

So he has to walk on eggshells because of her fragile ego? Sorry but that doesn't fly, she should be upfront and honest about the whole thing with her hubby.

SunnyU2SunnyU2almost 2 years ago

never fails, you always throw in one racist line your stories. not subtle

Just_WordsJust_Wordsalmost 2 years ago

That is a good story! I read it for the 2nd time and it's intense. Some stories are all action and some are mostly occurring in the mind of the narrator. It's the latter that really get into your head and this one got there. Good job.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Good one, thank you.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

>Was I her first? I think so. Does it matter? I mean really matter?

It actually does.

If a girl marries as a virgin the odds of the marriage lasting long-term (at least a decade) are about 97%.

If she gets to the altar with just 1 notch on her bed post, the odds are ~94%.

The more sexual partners a woman has the lower the percentage gets.

Her past does matter despite what seething beta males and raging feminists would have you believe.

WillupbossWillupbossover 1 year ago

You got me! Nice job. A few grammatical errors as usual but they were slight and easily overlooked. Good story and well told.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago
1*

couple of shitheads. I think they are a good match.

AnonymousAnonymous9 months ago

Seething beta males? Lol. It seems like that anonymous commenter is the only one seething. He probably thinks he’s an alpha while jerking it in his mom’s basement wondering why women hate him

MasterKoteMasterKote8 months ago

Sorry but he should've confronted her and maybe left out his ditching class part and say a neighbor saw something

AnonymousAnonymous8 months ago

I agree it matters. It goes to her basic character. Is she lying or not? If she's lying, then she's not trustworthy regardless of how you feel in the moment. I can't say I enjoyed the story, as I didn't like any of the characters, but it was a suspenseful read.

AnonymousAnonymous2 months ago

Not bad, bud the MC is still a wimp for not taking out the trash sooner.

12
Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous