It Didn't Work Out Ch. 04

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
-Ripley-
-Ripley-
1,306 Followers

Don flushed but said he understood. He got up and went to the bathroom for a few minutes. When he came back, Bridget was back in control. When he got back onto the bed, she moved over and curled up in his arms and they kissed.

"What happened then?" Don wanted to know.

"Actually that was the more erotic moment of the night," Bridget said. "We never got so wild again after that. We kissed and danced close, but it was never so sexual. It was just nice being with her, you know?" Her voice was contemplative as she thought back. "Other than that, it was really just another step in our dates. A little opening and more becoming sure about how we feel." She looked up at Don. "I told you that I would share all the stuff that was sexual and I wouldn't share the stuff that was about us."

"I know," Don said. "I just wish there was a little more of the sharing stuff."

Bridget looked at the clock. They still had time to make love. She started to caress his thigh and kiss at his neck. She wasn't really excited at the moment but she felt like she could get there. She rolled more on her side so that she could touch him. She slipped her hand under his robe and began to run it up and down his side. After a few moments, she noticed that he was still completely soft.

"Aren't you interested, Sweetie?" she asked him.

"I'm always interested, you know that. It is more a question whether or not I'm capable. I just came and ..." he trailed off. He looked chagrined and his cheeks went bright red. "When you were out, I was pretty excited so I watched a couple videos. I ... um ... came a few times last night too, between the videos and thinking about you being out with her." He couldn't meet her eyes. "I'm not sure I can get it up right now."

For a moment, Bridget felt a little irritation. Over the last few weeks, she hadn't necessarily desired having sex with him, and now for the first time in a while she did. And he couldn't do it because he had jacked off too many times. Beyond being a little frustrated, she was looking forward to reconnecting with him in this way. She knew that she was getting heavily invested emotionally with Sian and wanted to make sure to balance it with Don. She took a deep breath and slowly let it out.

Then she thought about how difficult this must be for Don. He was left alone while she was out having fun with Sian; her girlfriend. She hadn't promised him anything and she probably couldn't blame him. The reason they started this was to fulfill his fantasy. Beyond that she wasn't excited enough that not doing it would be a letdown. She would have to work at it to get aroused, even if she was pretty sure she could. There was also the clock, ticking down until they didn't have any more time. Overall it wasn't the best time for them to enjoy making love.

Stretching her body, Bridget kissed him on the lips. "I understand. I wish we had time tonight but I probably will be crashing tonight. I was up late! I doubt I will be capable of making love when we get home. And tomorrow, I have to get to the gym in the morning to workout. I'm not going today because dancing last night was a good enough workout but I will feel lousy tomorrow if I don't. And then Sian and I will be spending the day together before the championship, and celebrating their victory after!" Bridget's certainty that her girlfriend's team would win came through in how she said it.

As Don listened, he just felt relief. He had been worried that Bridget was going to be upset that he couldn't make love to her. Her acceptance felt a little bit like getting a reprieve. It wasn't until they were out on the road doing their errands that he realized it probably meant that they wouldn't make love until sometime next week. Even with the errands, they found that they were often splitting up to get more done in the little time they had available. They needed to get some of their Christmas shopping done so they divided the list, agreeing to meet in two hours by the Christmas tree in the center of the mall.

The holidays were always incredibly busy no matter what. As she was standing in another line, Bridget thought that it would be even more so this year. Whatever she did normally seemed like it was going to have to be doubled. Today she was shopping with Don. Tomorrow in between Sian getting off work and the game, the two of them were going to be doing the same thing. There was also a long standing tradition that Sian would host a party. Bridget was nervous but looking forward to being her date for it.

"Thank goodness almost all of my friends are going to be at the party tonight," she thought. "I don't know how I could have found time for another one." At least there was only about a week and a half until Christmas. "Hopefully things will relax after that," she said to herself. Even as she thought that, she remembered that she still needed to figure out Christmas itself. "In a perfect world, I would just split myself so I could spend Christmas with both of them." Then it was her turn and she was forced to focus on getting all of her things rung up and paying for them. After that it was off to the races again to get to the next store. Still despite mostly having to focus on finding what she was looking for, Bridget was able to think about what to do about Christmas. By the time she headed to meet Don, she had a possible plan worked out.

"Hi Sweetie," Bridget said as she gave Don a hug and a kiss when he got there a few minutes after her. They gathered up their bags and started walking out to the parking lot. She waited until the crowds had thinned out a bit. "Don, I've been thinking about Christmas Eve. We usually just do something low key and stay home in front of the fire. Would you mind if I invited Sian to join us and to spend the night with us?"

Don immediately jumped to conclusions. "You mean that would be when the two of you ..." He paused and looked around them. "You know what I mean," he finally said. Even still his excitement was evident in his voice.

"Not necessarily, Sweetie. I'm not saying it wouldn't be, but I just don't know." Bridget waited as they stepped outside and walked towards where their car was parked. "What I mean is you're my husband and I have to have Christmas with you. She's my girlfriend and you're supposed to spend Christmas with your girlfriend. It doesn't seem right to me that she doesn't get to spend it with me. But I'm spending Christmas with you. The only way that she doesn't get left alone is if she stays with us. And while I can't promise you anything, maybe you would get the present you want the most." Bridget looked at him as she stopped talking.

Don didn't answer immediately. More than anything so far, Bridget's concern about not being with Sian on Christmas drove home the idea that she was in a real relationship. Still it was clear to him that he was her priority. "It's not like she didn't tell me this before we started," he thought to himself. As they came up to the car, he popped the trunk and they tried to fit all the bags in it. When the trunk was shut, he looked at Bridget's apprehensive face. He hadn't said anything the entire time and he could tell she was imagining the worst about his reaction.

"Sorry, Honey! I got distracted with putting things away," he said with a smile. "Sian's important to you and you care a lot about her. If you care for her, so do I. Of course she is welcome to be with us. I want both of you to be happy." His smile got bigger when he saw how Bridget's face lit up. "And if the present happens, it will be an extra bonus but it's more important that you can be with both of us," he finished saying.

"Oh thank you, Don!" Bridget said as she gave him a big hug and a kiss. "I haven't talked with her about this yet, but I can call her in the car. I hope she is okay with it too."

They were running a little late so Don started heading straight home so that they could get ready for the party. As he drove, Bridget made the call. It was the first time Don had listened to them talk like that.

"Hi there," Bridget said as Sian obviously answered. Don noticed that her voice changed. It was soft and somewhat sexier. It reminded him a little of how she talked on the phone to him when they were first dating.

"Yeah, just finishing."

"Me too." Bridget glanced over at Don as she spoke but didn't try and hide anything she was saying. He could only hear her side of the conversation so he could only imagine what Sian was saying to her. His imagination filled in the blanks with more suggestive options.

"You know I did." Don glanced over as Bridget said that. The sexy lilt in her voice was especially evident that time.

Bridget was quiet as she listened to whatever Sian was saying. "That sounds good," she finally said. "Listen Sian, what are you doing for Christmas Eve and Day? I know your family isn't around and we haven't talked about it."

"I get that, Darling," Bridget said. Her cheeks blushed just a little as she remembered that Don was right there. She didn't think he had ever heard her call Sian that before. "That's why I'm asking, because I didn't think you would say anything. I know that you feel like you don't have a right to ask me to be with you then."

"It is hard," Bridget said after listening for a few seconds with an emphasis on the "is." She continued, "I want to be with you and I want to be with Don. So the only way I can see this working is if you come over Christmas Eve and you stay with us."

"Yes, I mean stay the night and be with us on Christmas Day," she smiled as she said it. Then the smile slipped a little. Don guessed that she asked the same question that he had.

"I don't know, my darling Sian. Maybe. Would it bother you?" Bridget asked.

After a few moments, Bridget chuckled and again glanced over at Don. "You know he would." She giggled at something else Sian said. "No, you would be the only one who would get to unwrap that present."

"God, you are bad sometimes," Bridget blushed again. "And you are making an assumption. I said maybe." She paused while she listened. When Sian finished talking, she looked at Don and nodded. "I'm so glad, Sian. It will make a wonderful Christmas for me and hopeful for all of us. I wanted you to be part of it and now you can."

They were almost home and Bridget started to wrap up the call. "I would too," she said. "It's only fair though." Bridget turned slightly away from Don as Sian continued to talk. "Tomorrow," she answered.

"Thank you, Sian. You always make me happy. I try to do the same for you," she said before she finished. "Me too. See you in the morning." With that she ended the call.

"I know I keep saying this and you probably think I am weird, but that was hot," Don said. "I have no idea what she was really saying, but it sounded sexy!"

Bridget's blush got deeper and her smile got a little guilty. "Well she was kind of teasing me just a bit," she said. "So you liked it? Let's see." Reaching over, Bridget put her hand between Don's legs. "Hmmmm, where was this earlier? I would have found a use for it."

Even though she didn't mean it be, her words felt like a jab to Don. It reminded him of how he had let her down in the bedroom that morning. He wished they had a little bit more time so that they could try again when they got home. As it was they were going to need to hurry.

Bridget noticed that rather than getting harder from being touched by her, Don's cock was getting softer. "You okay, Sweetie?" she asked, feeling a little concerned.

His smile was sad as he looked over at her. "Yeah, I'm fine. I just wish we had been able to make love," he replied. He looked so depressed that Bridget leaned over to kiss him on the cheek.

"I know. Me too, but we don't need to do that for me to know that you love me, Sweetie. Okay?" Bridget said softly and then kissed his cheek again.

"Well I do love you. I don't tell you enough, I know," he said as he turned into their driveway. That got him one more kiss before he parked. Then together they got out of the car and unloaded it before getting ready to go to the party.

It was a rush but they managed to get ready in time. Don felt better as they walked out the door hand in hand. Bridget looked beautiful and it was the first thing they had done in a while where he really felt like a couple.

-Ripley-
-Ripley-
1,306 Followers