It Started with a Kiss

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
Alex De Kok
Alex De Kok
1,361 Followers

Bill nodded. "No, she said nothing about the Mustang. I guess she was a mite shook-up, in which case she impresses me even more. Dinner, huh? Good job she'll be working for me, then."

"Yep, I reckon. Bill, she asked me when she'd know about a starting date. I think sooner rather than later would be good, from her point of view."

"The office space is ready. She could start tomorrow as far as I'm concerned, but we have only her San Francisco address on file. Can I get in touch with her locally? I'll need to talk to Martha first, of course."

"She's at the Mountain Vista Motel. Room five. Here's her cell-phone number - saves you going through José and Maria." Yes, and I had a copy of it myself.

Bill nodded. "Okay, Jack, leave it with me." He grinned. "You go and get us some more work."

The flight to Atlanta was only forty minutes, and I spent the whole time thinking about Roxanne Delacour, instead of the company I'd come to see. But what the heck, I'd done my research, and at ten the following morning I was talking to the CEO and IT director, and a couple of other senior management. By three that afternoon Alton Software had a contract that would help - a lot - in keeping us going for the next two years.

I accepted the CEO's invitation to dinner, and kept up a polite conversation with him, his wife, and the lady friend that made up the foursome, but declined the invitation by the lady friend for a 'nightcap at the Country Club', pleading an early flight next morning. I wondered at myself, for the woman was dark and attractive, and patently willing to dally, but the vision in my mind was gray eyes and copper curls.

I was back in the office on Friday morning, and went to see Bill, to see him about the contract I'd signed for us. We discussed it, and decided we could handle it with present staff, no short-term contracts needed. I was wondering whether to mention Roxanne when Bill forestalled me.

"Remember you asked me to let Roxanne Delacour know about a start date?"

"Yes. And?"

"She started yesterday. Martha had a subroutine that had been giving us some bother. Delacour took it away, went back to Martha with a couple of queries, then told her last night that she thought she'd found the problem. Martha said that she planned to go over it this morning with her. I think we hired a prize, Jack, if she's really that good, and that quick." He shrugged. "She's on the usual three-month trial, of course."

I nodded. "Of course."

He studied me for a moment. "Jack, Leanne and me, we're having a barbecue on Sunday, and of course there's the pool. You're invited, of course. Martha and Tony will be there, and Ben and Jo. If you want to bring Roxanne, she's welcome."

"Thanks, Bill. I'm supposed to be taking her out to dinner tonight, so I'll ask her then. Usual time?"

"Yeah. About four. Okay?"

"Okay. Thanks, Bill."

"No sweat. Now if you'll excuse me, I need to do some work. And so do you," he added with a grin.

I held up my hands in protest. "Yessir, massa, I's goin'." He was laughing as I left the office. Good partner, Bill. He'd been my wingman in the Air Force, and we trusted each other.

Around six, I rang Roxanne's number. She answered on the second ring. "Roxanne? It's Jack. Are we still good for dinner tonight?"

"Yes, of course. Seven?"

"Later, if you'd prefer. Do you want to go back to Marie's, or would you prefer Italian?"

"Ooh, decisions! Um, Italian, I think. Can we make it eight? I need to wash my hair, and it takes some drying."

"You're still at the motel?"

"For the moment, yes. I'll tell you the news when I see you later, okay?"

"Okay. See you at eight."

"Jack? What do I wear?"

"Nothing fancy. Something like you wore to Marie's will be fine."

"Okay. See you later."

Next call, Francesca's. I was smiling as I rang, and it was Francesca herself who answered the phone.

"'Allo?" No mistaking the throaty voice, husky, sexy. Happily married and the mother of twin girls; seven they were, now.

"Hi, Francesca, it's Jack."

"Jack Allen! Where you been, hiding?"

"Working."

"Working, he says. Sheesh, when do you do anything else?"

"Tonight, maybe? Table for two, at eight-thirty, please?"

"Hmm, for two, he says. You bringing a lady, Jack?"

"I am, Francesca, so behave, okay?"

"Huh. What you expect? I set the twins on you, maybe?"

"Not tonight, Francesca. Another time, eh?"

"Okay, not tonight. They be disappointed, not seeing their Uncle Jack." A laugh. "Eight-thirty's after their bed time, anyway. I won't tell them you're coming."

"Tell them I'll see them Saturday afternoon."

"Promise?" The voice was sharp.

"My word on it, Francesca."

"Okay, I tell them. Right, table for two, eight-thirty. What she like, this lady you bringing?"

"Wait and see, Francesca. Wait and see."

A laugh. "Okay, Jack. See you at eight-thirty."

Roxanne was ready, waiting, when I collected her. She stepped close and gave me a light kiss on the lips.

"Mmm, lady, you smell good!" She did, too. Spring-flower fresh, fragrant. A dress this time, the v-neck showing the beginning of the cleft between her breasts. Generous breasts, too. I wondered what she looked like naked. Ripe, I guessed, like a Rubens nude.

"Thank you. So, where are we going?"

"Francesca's. Table's booked for eight-thirty, so we'll take our time." I opened the car door for her, and waited as she settled herself, then went around to the driver's side. She smiled at me as we buckled ourselves in. "So," I said, "what's the news?"

"Well, I started work yesterday, thanks to Bill. Martha gave me a subroutine problem. Tricky, but like one I'd seen before, so I was able to impress her with my speed." She laughed. "We went over it this morning, and I think I got a good start with the company. I like Martha, she seems like a good boss."

"I think she is. What about an apartment? Sally have anything?"

"She does, but I asked her if we, if I, could look at them tomorrow."

I nodded. "Do you need a ride, or will Sally collect you?"

She frowned. "I was just going to get a cab."

"No need, I'm not doing anything, at least, not in the morning. What time? Did Sally say?"

"She wants to see me at ten, at the Johnson building, Eighth and Cedar."

"Good apartments. A little small, but a good price because of that."

Roxanne nodded. "That's what Sally said. If I like it, it will be a good start. Gives me time to look around and take stock. Settle in, get my books shipped."

"Books? Plural?" I grinned.

She laughed. "Yes, plural. About one hundred of them. Only a few fiction, I tend to get those from the library, as my tastes keep changing, but I have about fifty programming tomes, and some on photography."

"You like photography?"

"I do, yes. You?"

"Funnily enough, yes. I paint a little, too." And I'd love to paint you, Roxanne Delacour. Naked!

She laughed. "I wish I had some artistic talent. Guess I'll have to make do with being a good programmer."

"Indeed. Okay, it's almost ten past eight. Only ten minutes to Francesca's, but she fusses if we're late."

"You know her?"

I grinned. "Yeah, since high school. She and her husband, Guiseppe, have twin daughters. Seven years old. They're my goddaughters." I hesitated, but she was quick to pick up on it.

"Yes?"

I shrugged. "I promised to call and see them, tomorrow afternoon. You can come along if you like?"

No hesitation. "I'd love to, please."

"Another thing?"

"What?"

"Bill and his wife, Leanne, they're having a barbecue, Sunday afternoon. Would you like to come along? Won't be many there. Bill, Leanne, their daughter, Kirsty, she's eleven. Martha will be there, with Tony, and Ben, Ben Anderson, he'll be there, with his wife, Jo." I glanced across. "You've met Ben?"

She nodded. "Yep. Martha introduced us this morning. He was away yesterday."

"Yeah, Ben does the on-site installations. Local this time, so he got to sleep in his own bed."

"Is he away much?"

"Not really. Probably five or six times a year, and only for a few days each time." I laughed. "Jo gives herself a makeover each time. Ben says he's come home to fifteen different wives so far."

Roxanne laughed. "Sounds like fun. Yes, I'd love to come to Bill's barbecue. I think the only one you missed out is Tony?"

"Sorry. Martha's son. He's just about a teenager now."

Roxanne frowned. "Jack, stop me if I'm getting into any forbidden area, but Martha's only what, twenty-eight? Twenty-nine? And you say Tony is almost a teenager. Makes Martha kind of a young mother?"

We had arrived at Francesca's, and I didn't say anything until I'd parked the car. I turned to her. "It's no secret, but best if you know, so you don't step on any skeletons. Martha's fiancé was in the Marines. Childhood sweetheart. They were getting married as soon as he came back from the Gulf, except he didn't come back. Well, he did, but in a coffin. She found out he was dead about the same time she realized she was pregnant. She's proud of Tony, very proud, and she's worked damned hard to get where she is."

Roxanne gazed at me for a long moment, then nodded. "Thanks, Jack, it's better knowing, isn't it?"

"I think so." I grinned. "Enough gloom. Come and meet Francesca."

Francesca and Roxanne took to each other immediately. Francesca was almost a head shorter than Roxanne, and dark, but in other ways they were similar. Full-breasted, full in the hips, a little on the plump side. There was no doubt at all that they were both fully-functional females. Francesca had given us the little corner table beside the window, set for two, although it would seat four. The restaurant was about half-full. It would get busier later, but for the moment the noise level was low. Animated, yes, but that's the thing about Italian restaurants, in my experience. Family places, and animated. A happy buzz.

Francesca left us to study our menus and Roxanne looked around, then smiled at me.

"If Marie's and here are examples of Corby cuisine, I think I'm going to like it here."

"There's the Country club as well, but it's a bit snootier. Bill and I are both members, but we don't go often. Yuletide Ball, usually, and another in the late spring." I shrugged. "I prefer here, and Marie's."

"If the food here is as nice as Francesca is, I can see why. Do you eat out all of the time?"

"No, I actually enjoy cooking. Have to admit, I tend to cook in batches, and load up the freezer. I'd like to cook for you sometime soon."

She cocked her head. "You would, would you?"

"Yes, I would. You doubt me?"

She shook her head. "Of course not. I'd like that, Jack. Once I get an apartment, I'd like to return the favor. Cook something for you."

"Something for us both to look forward to, then. Apart from seeing the deadly duo tomorrow, and the barbecue on Sunday, of course."

"Deadly duo?"

"Annamaria and Francesca, junior. Annie and Frankie."

"Annie and Frankie. Check. They're twins?"

"Yep. Two peas from the same pod. Annie has a tiny scar at the end of her right eyebrow. Only way I can tell them apart."

Roxanne laughed. "I'm looking forward to meeting them." She looked up. "Oops. Better choose something. Looks like Francesca coming for our order."

The meal was even better than at Marie's. Not because of the food, but because of the company. Roxanne was getting more relaxed with me, and I thought that this night I might try for a proper kiss. We were laughing together over our coffee when Francesca came back, twirled a chair away from another table, and sat down beside us.

"So, Roxanne, how do you like the food? We'll assume the company is adequate," she added, with a wink, and a dismissive gesture at me. I pouted at the laughter they shared, which just made them laugh even more. Francesca gazed at me fondly.

"Poor Jack. Getting laughed at by the girls." She turned back to Roxanne. "Jack tell you about the twins?"

"He did. Annamaria and Francesca, right?"

"That's right. You coming with him tomorrow to see them?"

Roxanne nodded. "If it's okay with you?"

Francesca grinned. "I'll tell them their Uncle Jack is bringing a pretty lady to see them."

"You do that, lady," I said. "Maybe they'll behave this time." I winked at Roxanne. She laughed.

Francesca pushed her chair back. "Guess I better look after my other customers, yes? Roxanne, any time you want to make girl talk, you being new in town, you just ring me, okay?"

Roxanne blinked, and smiled. "Thank you, Francesca. Thank you very much. Might just do that."

Francesca nodded, and bent to kiss my cheek. "See you both tomorrow." And she was away, calling cheerful greetings to regular customers.

"She's really nice," said Roxanne. "And she obviously likes you."

I shrugged. "I guess." I saw no need to tell her that I'd once saved Francesca from assault, possibly rape, or that I'd loaned her and Guiseppe the money to start the restaurant, when the banks were giving them the runaround. Not yet, anyway. Maybe later. "Excuse me for a moment. I'll just go and pay the bill."

"And I'll visit the ladies' room. See you at the door."

Francesca grinned at me as I went over to the desk. "She's nice, Jack."

"I know. Um, thanks for the girl talk offer, Francesca. I think she appreciated it."

Francesca nodded. "I know what it's like, being a stranger in town. If she wants to chat, I'm ready to listen."

I nodded. "Okay, girl. What do I owe you this time?"

"Nothing, Jack. Tonight is on us."

I blinked. "Oh, yes? And why is that? You know I pay my way!"

She nodded. "I know. Any other night, yes. Tonight? You know what date it is?"

"Yes. August 29. So what?"

"The third anniversary of the loan you gave us, Jack. Tonight of all nights, you eat for free."

I stared at her for a moment, then nodded. "Don't tell Roxanne. Okay?"

She frowned. "Okay. For now, anyway. Maybe later I'll tell her."

"Maybe later it won't matter. Thanks, Francesca."

"Okay." She gestured. "Roxanne's coming." A bright smile as Roxanne joined us. "Good night, Roxanne. See you tomorrow."

"I'm looking forward to it."

The drive back to the motel took only five minutes, and I walked Roxanne to the door of her room.

"Thank you, Jack, for a lovely evening. You have wonderful friends."

"Guess I do, at that." I reached for her hands and drew her towards me. "I won't ask you to invite me in, but I would like to kiss you goodnight."

She smiled. "So kiss me."

The kiss was friendly at first, gentle almost, but deepened, strengthened, as we held it, and I felt Roxanne's mouth soften against mine, her lips parting, her tongue tip playing against mine. There was a soft moan, deep in her throat, and suddenly she was clutching me, straining against me, her mouth working against mine, in a kiss without end. Well, almost, because Roxanne broke it, shuddering, her mouth working, but no sound emerging, her eyes enormous.

I drew a deep breath. "Roxanne, I - " She put a trembling finger across my lips, shaking her head. Steeling myself, I let her slip from my arms. "I'll collect you at about half after nine, tomorrow, okay? Take you to see Sally." I hardly recognized my own voice.

She nodded, her breathing as uneven as my own. "Okay, Jack," she managed. I turned to go, and she touched my arm. "Not in a motel room, Jack. I couldn't. I want to, but - " She broke off, shaking her head, her eyes anxious.

I took her hand, squeezing her fingers. "It's okay, Roxanne. Honest, hon, it's okay." I managed a smile. "See you in the morning."

I masturbated when I got home, to the remembered feel of Roxanne's breasts pressing against me as we kissed. Yes, and the promise in her parting words.

I was early next morning, barely a quarter after nine, and there was no reply to my knock, but I heard a call and there she was, coming along from Marie's place, a smile on her face.

"Hey, give a girl time for breakfast, won't you?"

"Sorry. I think I tend to be early for pleasant appointments."

Her brows arched, but she didn't say anything, just came up, kissing me lightly on the lips. "Two minutes to powder my nose, and I'm good to go."

"I'll wait in the car."

It was probably five minutes rather than two, but what the heck. The finished product looked good enough to eat. Blouse and skirt again, with the light jacket.

"I need to get the rest of my things shipped, if Sally has an apartment for me, or else buy one or two things. I hadn't really anticipated starting work quite as quickly." She touched my arm. "Don't get me wrong, Jack, I'm pleased I did, but I need some changes."

"We can probably give you an advance against salary if it would help?" I said. "Would it? Help, I mean?"

"Oh, I have enough for some clothes, Jack, no worries there, but not to keep in a motel room, even one as nicely kept as the one I'm in." She shrugged. "I need a place of my own."

"Well, let's go see what Sally has to offer."

We were early, but Sally was waiting for us. She smiled at Roxanne, and gave me a hug and a kiss on the cheek. "Hi, cousin, long time no see."

"My fault, probably, Sal. How's Tom and Tony?"

"Both good, glad to say. Okay, to business." She turned to Roxanne, with a smile. "Do I call you Miss Delacour, or Roxanne?"

"Roxanne, please."

"Well, Roxanne, let's go look at an apartment. You coming, Jack?"

I turned to Roxanne, and she nodded. "Please, Jack."

Sally had a second-floor apartment to show Roxanne. Freshly redecorated, too. Only one bedroom, but that was a double, light and airy. The living-room was a decent size, with a dining nook in the corner, kitchen next to it. The bathroom had both tub and shower. The furniture was nothing exceptional, but no significant marks, and the upholstery on the couch and armchair was in good order. Roxanne and Sally went into a huddle about prices and services, and I relaxed in the armchair.

"Jack?" Roxanne, getting my attention.

"Yes?"

"What do you think? I like it, and it's almost seventy dollars a month less than I was paying in Frisco."

"It has to be your decision, but I'd say it looks good. Who are the neighbors, Sal?"

"It's a block of four, as you know. One of the two first-floor apartments is a working girl like Roxanne, and the other is an older couple, just retired. The other second-floor apartment is another single woman, older, about forty or so."

"No noisy neighbors, then?"

Sally laughed. "No complaints from any of the present residents."

"Parking?"

"Each apartment has a reserved parking place, and there are another four for visitors."

"Looks good, Roxanne. Any others, Sal?"

"None as nice, but there are two more I had to show, if Roxanne wants to see them." She turned to Roxanne. "Do you? Want to see the other apartments, I mean?"

"I was wondering, if my mom and dad came to visit?"

"The couch makes a bed. That might do for short visits."

Roxanne laughed. "Short is good!" She looked around again. "I think I'll take it, please."

Sally nodded. "We'll need to check your references, of course, but unless there are any skeletons in your closet, that should be a formality. Three months lease paid in advance, and there's a six-month approval period. Okay with that?"

"Approval period?"

Sally grinned. "The owners want the chance to weed out the misfits. Never had one yet. Most folk move out to somewhere bigger, or because they're getting married or moving or something." She began to put the papers back in her briefcase. "Can you drop by the office on Monday? We'll get things moving, maybe have you in by the following Monday. That okay?"

"That would be marvelous. I'll need to get a couple of changes of clothes, because I hadn't reckoned on starting work quite as quickly as I did, but now I have a place of my own, I can see about getting my other stuff shipped."

Alex De Kok
Alex De Kok
1,361 Followers