It Started with a Kiss

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
Alex De Kok
Alex De Kok
1,361 Followers

"Wait until the papers have gone through, maybe by Wednesday, before you organize the actual shipping," said Sally, "but I think it will be okay."

"Thanks, Sally," said Roxanne. "This is great."

"You two go on down," said Sally. "I'll just lock up."

Outside, we waited beside the cars for Sally, who was only a minute or so behind us. She gave Roxanne a card.

"That's the office address. We're only a couple of blocks away from where you're working, so it shouldn't take long. Jack, will you let this lovely lady out during work hours?" Sally grinned.

"Martha's her line manager, but I think I can say yes on her behalf," I replied, with an answering grin.

"Okay. Ten o'clock on Monday, Roxanne, and we'll sort out the details," said Sally, and then she was away. I looked at my watch. Just coming up to eleven.

"The day is young," I said, "anything you want to do?"

Roxanne grinned. "Yes, get some clothes, and buy you lunch." She cocked her head. "And aren't we supposed to be seeing some young ladies?"

I gestured to the car. "The chariot awaits. Let's go!"

By one we were done. Roxanne had four or five shopping bags, and we'd had a nice simple lunch in Reilly's bar. Imported beer and good sandwiches. And yes, Roxanne had paid.

Back in the car I grinned at her. "Ready for the human energy machines?"

"Ready and willing."

Annie and Frankie were running towards the car before I'd even set the parking brake, with cries of 'Uncle Jack!'

I got out of the car and was immediately entwined with the two of them, competing, I think, to see who could get closest! Eventually, I calmed them down. Roxanne was standing by, trying not to laugh, I think.

"Girls! Behave yourselves! You have company." They quieted, grinning. I reached out for Roxanne's hand and drew her forward. "Roxanne, my goddaughters, Annamaria and Francesca. I'll let them tell you which one is which. Girls, this is my friend Roxanne."

"Hi! I'm Annamaria, but call me Annie - "

" - and I'm Francesca, but you can call me Frankie."

"Annie, Frankie, it's very nice to meet you both. Jack has told me all about you."

The girls giggled. "Not all, I bet!" said Annie. Or it could have been Frankie.

"He's a man," said Roxanne, with a wink for me. "And men never know everything about us girls, do they? So, how about the two of you tell me all about yourselves?"

As simply as that, she conquered them. I did get the occasional kiss and hug during the afternoon. But the day was Roxanne's. Francesca laughed with me as we watched the three of them.

"I think you might have lost them to Roxanne," she said.

"Only until they're teenagers," I said, laughing. "Then they'll discover boys and Roxanne will be the wicked aunt."

"Yeah," said Francesca, sighing. "May the years pass slowly, Lord, if you would," she said, eyes raised to heaven, hands clasped.

"Francesca, hon. Raise them with love, teach them by example. They'll be fine."

She hugged me. "I know, I know, but wait until you're a parent. You'll see, especially if you have a daughter." She gestured towards where Roxanne was, with the twins. "Roxanne? Is she the one?"

I followed her gaze. "I don't know, Fran, I just don't know. But maybe, just maybe."

She squeezed my hand. "I hope so, Jack. She's one of the good guys, I know."

Too soon, the girls were pouting as we said our goodbyes, hugging and kissing us both, standing, arms around Francesca, one on each side, waving until we were out of sight. I drove Roxanne back to the motel, and parked outside her room.

"What do you want to do tonight?" I said.

She put her hand on my arm, and her voice was hesitant when she spoke. "Jack, would you mind if I said I just wanted to chill, wash some clothes, slob about by myself?"

"No, that's fine," I said, hiding my disappointment. "Don't forget the barbecue at Bill's, tomorrow. I'll collect you at about half after three. They have the pool, so do you have a swimsuit?"

She grinned. "I bought one when you were looking at sporting goods, while I was buying underwear." She winked. "You missed a treat."

I laughed. "Never mind, I'm sure there will be more in future."

She nodded. "There will. Okay, let me get my things from the trunk, and then you can get yourself away."

Ten minutes later, I was on my way home, Roxanne's parting kiss still on my lips. More than friend, not quite lover, not yet. I'm patient, but I wanted her.

The evening was lonely, but I caught up on some paperwork and some neglected correspondence, answered some emails, and cooked myself supper. Around ten, I took myself off to bed, read for a while, and then crashed for ten hours.

I was early again, twenty after three, but Roxanne was waiting, ready. She came straight into my arms for a hello kiss. Nice, long kiss, too.

"All ready?"

"Yep. Sure am. Appetite honed, swimsuit and towel in my bag." Shorts and a tank top, today. Nice legs. Nice, long, legs. Nothing wrong with what was filling the tank top, either.

Bill greeted us cheerfully. "You two are the first. Jack, you know where the cabana is. We're using that for the men to get changed, today. Roxanne, Leanne will show you where to change. That is, of course, if you're planning to swim?"

"I am. Maybe not immediately, but yes, later."

"Come on, I'll introduce you to my wife and daughter. Leanne is in the kitchen. Kirsty, of course, is already in the pool. This way."

By four-thirty, everyone who had been invited was there. Roxanne was introduced to those she hadn't met, and like she had been with the twins, was accepted instantly. Tony and Kirsty seemed to be in the pool all the time, Martha and Leanne were catching up, Ben and Jo chatted generally to everybody, and Roxanne happily followed their example.

About five, I decided I wanted a swim. I caught Roxanne's eye across the room where she was talking to Martha and made swimming motions. She nodded. I made my way to the cabana and changed. Outside, Martha was standing, watching Tony and Kirsty in the pool as Kirsty climbed onto Tony's shoulders, laughing with me as she fell off again. Martha turned to me.

"Roxanne?" she said.

"What about Roxanne?"

"I think we hired us a good one there, Jack. She's quick, she's accurate, and she can take instruction. I'm giving her some time off on Monday morning; apparently she has an apartment lined up, and needs to see to some paperwork?"

"She does, yes."

"I'm glad she's settling in okay."

"Me, too." Martha seemed about to say something, but hesitated. I thought I guessed what it was, and forestalled her. "Martha, you're her boss, and she knows that. Yes, I'm dating her, but we don't talk about work, except in general terms. I know she likes you."

Martha smiled, wry. "I like her, too. Don't let us lose her, Jack."

"Do my best, Martha."

Her attention was on something behind me, and she gestured. "She's just coming, Jack." She grinned. "Prepare to drool." I turned.

In her bikini, Roxanne was Woman personified. That she was full-figured I knew already, but the bikini cried it to the world. Full breasts, woman-wide hips - all curves, no angles, like some smaller women. Probably a few pounds overweight, but she carried it well, the extra just blurring the muscles. She grinned at me as she passed, and there was a touch of color in her cheeks. I turned to watch, mesmerized by the roll of her ass as she walked barefoot to the pool and dived neatly into the water, surfacing beside Tony and Kirsty, who began immediately to chat to her.

"You can roll your tongue up now, Jack." Martha's dry voice broke into my consciousness. I turned to her and she winked. "She's all woman, Jack, no two ways about it."

I nodded, giving Martha a wry look. "Was I so obvious?"

She laughed. "Bill, too; Ben, as well, I think, but it's you whose eyes she wanted on her, believe me." She paused, holding my eye. "Don't rush her, or you'll lose her, Jack." She gestured. "Go, join her. That's what she wants."

I didn't need a second telling, and in a moment I was in the pool beside Roxanne and the two youngsters.

"Hi, Uncle Jack," said Kirsty, with her elfin grin. She's a natural in the water, Kirsty, and had just made the school swim team. "Me and Tony were just gonna have a sort of game of water polo. How about it? Us against you and Roxanne?"

"Dunno. Roxanne, what do you think?"

"Having seen these two in the water, I think we'll get our asses licked, but hey! Why not?" Roxanne grinned, sweeping her wet hair back and I couldn't take my eyes off her breasts as they lifted with her motion.

We did indeed get our asses licked, but it was fun. Nobody was bothering to keep a proper score, but there was no doubt that the two youngsters had won.

"Do we win a prize?" said Kirsty, grinning.

"I don't know. Do they?" I asked Roxanne.

She laughed, a good laugh, and I fought to keep my eyes away from the visible thrust of her nipples in the bikini top. "Why not, but what?"

I looked at the eager faces of the two youngsters. "A meal out, my treat?"

They looked at each other, then at me, nodding simultaneously. "Please," said Kirsty. "Can we go to Francesca's?"

"Yeah!" said Tony.

"Okay. Next Saturday. Seven. I - we - will collect you both. I'll get in touch some time through the week to make arrangements. Okay? And if I haven't been in touch by Thursday get your folks to remind me."

"Great!" said Kirsty. She swam across to hug me, and kiss my cheek. "Thanks, Uncle Jack."

"Well, now that you have exhausted me, I'm going to have a shower and get dressed, then I'm going to help Bill with the barbecue, because I'm hungry!" I turned to Roxanne. "You?"

"Yes, I'll get dressed too, I think."

We swam to the edge of the pool and I hauled myself out, then turned to give Roxanne a hand. She grinned at me. "You like my new bikini?"

"It's lovely, but what I really like is the way you fill it."

She stared at me for a long moment, and for a second or two I thought I'd gone too far, but her lips curved in a smile and she winked. "It worked, then." and she was away, moving towards the house and her clothes. I laughed, and turned to Martha and Leanne who were sitting, chatting.

"I've promised to treat those two to a meal at Francesca's next Saturday, because they beat me and Roxanne at water polo. If I don't get in touch by Thursday to make arrangements, will you remind me?"

"You're feeding my son?" said Martha, laughing. "Jack, he's hollow!"

"I'll take my chance," I said. "Now for a shower, and put my clothes on, then I'll help Bill with the barbecue. I'm hungry!"

It was about ten-thirty when I helped Roxanne into the BMW to drive her back to the motel.

"Enjoy yourself?" I asked as I backed the car off Bill and Leanne's driveway.

"I had a wonderful time," she said. "They're all so nice."

"Yeah. I'm lucky in my friends and fellow workers, I think."

"I think so, too." She was quiet for a while as I drove, but when I pulled up outside her motel room, she put her hand on my arm. "Jack?"

"Yes?"

"I was thinking. Next weekend? If I get the early flight on Saturday, I can get home, sort out what I want packed, and arrange with my dad to get it shipped out here. I can come back on the Sunday, ready for work again on Monday."

"Sounds good."

"Except I'll miss the meal with Kirsty and Tony. I was looking forward to that."

"I'll have a word with them. Maybe reschedule for Thursday or Friday. It's still summer recess, so neither of them have school work to do."

"Oh, good! That would be marvelous. Um, another thing?"

"Yes?"

"Can I arrange to have my stuff shipped to the office? I don't really want it at the motel, and I don't know if I'll have the apartment by the time it arrives."

"Not a problem. Have a word with Jeannie in reception, get the official shipping address from her, and warn her what to expect. She'll take it from there."

"She's good, isn't she?"

"Yes, very." I gestured. "Here we are again. The Mountain Vista Motel, your home from home."

She sighed. "Yes, and where I won't, I can't, somehow, invite you in. Silly, I know, but that's the way I am."

"What about your apartment, when you get it. Will you invite me in then?"

She held my eyes, and there was a promise in hers. "Yes, Jack, I will."

"Well, then, Roxanne Delacour. I can wait, and something tells me you're worth waiting for." I reached out and squeezed her fingers. "I like you, Roxanne, I like you a hell of a lot. Maybe it's more than just liking, I don't know, not yet, but I do know one thing. Well, two, I suppose."

"And they are?"

"You're the last thing on my mind at night, and the first in the morning."

"Thing?" she said, but she was laughing.

I laughed with her. "You know what I mean, Roxanne Delacour."

She sobered. "Yes, I do know. Would it please you, or frighten you, to know that the reverse is also true? You, on my mind, I mean."

Well, what d'ya know! "It would please me," I said. "It would please me very much."

"It's true, Jack, it's true." She took a deep breath. "Now, kiss me goodnight, and go!"

"What about tomorrow night? Dinner?"

"My turn to pay, then!"

"No way! I ask a lady to dinner, I pay."

"Jack, please, I need to pay at least some of the time."

"Why?"

She shrugged. "I dunno. Because it's an expression of independence, maybe."

"Dutch, then?"

"Dutch? Okay, that I can accept."

"You're a stubborn lady."

"Jack, you see the color of my hair? It's real, and my temper can match it."

"In that case I'll be careful."

"You do that! Now, that goodnight kiss?"

It was another long, longing kiss, a promise from each of us to the other. I badly wanted to touch her, but I knew somehow that when she was ready, Roxanne would let me know. I suspected it would be when she moved into the apartment. That could hardly come soon enough for me.

That was the pattern for the week. Roxanne opted not to come out with me on Tuesday and Thursday and, to be candid, I didn't mind, because I needed to get caught up on my own domestic chores. Friday, we took the two youngsters to Francesca's. Friday instead of Saturday, as Roxanne was flying home on the Saturday morning.

We watched in awe at the amount of food Tony consumed, but then, as his mom had warned me, 'Tony's hollow.' Kirsty's appetite was daintier, but she still managed a decent amount. We took them home about nine, having thoroughly enjoyed the outing with the youngsters.

Parked beside her motel room, Roxanne took my hand, squeezing my fingers.

"Something to tell you, Jack."

"Oh, yes. What?"

"Sally phoned, just before we left the office this afternoon."

"And?"

"I get the keys to the apartment, first thing Monday."

"Great!"

"Yeah. Martha's letting me take Monday afternoon off, and I'm going to get the apartment sorted out. Tuesday?"

"What about Tuesday?"

"I'm asking you to come to dinner. I want to cook something for you. Any favorites?"

"You've seen the sort of thing I enjoy when we've eaten out together. Something on those lines will do me fine."

"So, maybe a prawn and melon starter, chili chicken with savory rice and zucchini fritters, and maybe just ice-cream for dessert?"

"Sounds wonderful. I'll bring some wine. White I think."

"Okay. Tomorrow?"

"What about tomorrow?"

"Can you give me a ride to the airport?"

"Of course. When's your flight?"

"Ten. Check-in by nine forty-five."

"It's a half-hour drive. Pick you up at, say, eight forty-five?"

"Great. But now, my goodnight kiss, please?"

"My pleasure. Come here, girl!"

The weekend went slowly without her, but at six-thirty-five on the Sunday afternoon I was waiting at the gate at the airport for her. She came out, straight into my arms for a long kiss.

"Missed you, Jack."

"Missed you too, hon. Welcome home."

"It is, isn't it? This is my home now. Well, Corby is."

"Yep, sure is. Bags?"

She grinned. "It cost me a fortune in excess baggage, but I brought all of my clothes. Dad's shipping the books and other stuff for me, tomorrow. Should take about three days. He's selling my car, too. I'm going to look for a new one. Well, maybe not new, new, but not too old."

"Sally's husband is a dealer. Jeff will get you a good one."

"Good. Ah! My bags!"

"Three of them? Good god, woman. I should have brought the pickup!"

I was kidding of course, the trunk on the BMW swallowed them, no bother. We were well on our way back when Roxanne surprised me.

"Jack? Can you keep my bags for me, until you come for dinner on Tuesday? I can make do with what I have for two days. Saves me having to move them from the motel."

"Of course, no problem. Want to come to dinner tonight?"

"Jack, do you mind if I say no? I'm kinda tired what with the packing, and the traveling."

"Sure, hon. No sweat." I hid my disappointment, at least I thought I did, because Roxanne squeezed my arm.

"I'm disappointed too, sweetheart, but I am shattered. I wouldn't be fit company."

"You're always fit company, girl. Shattered or not."

"Yeah, well I don't feel fit. I've missed you, too, Jack, more than I thought I would. All of the time I was away I just wanted to be back here. I mean I love my mom and dad, but I couldn't wait to get away from them again."

"Maybe once you're settled in your apartment, you'll feel ready to relax. You've been living out of a suitcase for two weeks now. You need to unwind."

She laughed. "Two weeks? It feels a lot longer!"

"No, it's only been two weeks. Two weeks since that idiot in the Mustang brought us together."

"Did they ever find out who it was?"

"Some small-time hophead car thief. He'd been in and out of prison since he was fifteen, apparently. The autopsy said he was stoned on cocaine, and three times over the legal limit of alcohol. Miracle he got as far as he did. The cruiser had been chasing him for about five miles."

"I suppose I was lucky to get off so lightly."

"I was the lucky one, on two counts. He missed me, and I met you."

Roxanne laughed. "I guess I had some luck, too, in that case. Meeting you." She sobered. "What time is it, Jack?"

"Um, almost eight-thirty. Why?"

"Like I said, I'm shattered. I think I'll go straight to bed. So, goodnight, Jack. If I don't see you around the office, I'll see you at the apartment, seven o'clock on Tuesday, okay?"

"Okay. Now come here and be kissed."

"Mmm, yes!"

Monday and Tuesday would have dragged, if I hadn't been preparing for a presentation to a possible customer later in the week. A local one, this time, so at least I'd be sleeping in my own bed. Or Roxanne's? There'd been a definite promise in her invitation, I thought. And hoped.

I showered and shaved before I left to see Roxanne. And I masturbated, too. If there was any chance at all of us making love, and I was praying for that, I did not, no way, want to go off first pop because I was excited. I wanted to make it last, for both our sakes.

She must have been watching for me, because I didn't need to ring her bell. She had the door open, waiting, and moved straight into my arms for a kiss, a long kiss, a kiss of promise.

"I've got your bags in the car," I said. "Shall I fetch them? Oh, and this wine needs the refrigerator."

"Give it here. I'll be setting out our starters while you fetch the bags. The table's all ready."

It took only a moment or two for me to fetch her bags, and at her instruction I left them in her tiny hallway. The table in her dining nook was set, ready, a bright checked tablecloth and sparkling cutlery.

"Hang your jacket up, Jack. Might as well be comfortable." She laid two plates on the table. "Cold starter. Prawn and melon. I made the dressing myself. Olive oil, ginger and honey. Hope you like it."

Like it? I loved it!

Finished the starter, Roxanne brought me the wine, and the corkscrew. "Open that and pour for us, while I serve the main course."

Alex De Kok
Alex De Kok
1,361 Followers