All Comments on 'It Started With Not Feeling Good Ch. 02'

by wieliczka

Sort by:
  • 39 Comments
betrayedbylovebetrayedbylovealmost 10 years ago
Okay

Alright we have a ch.2 in the books. Two words were not said by the cheating whore. "I'm sorry." Now a question needed for ch.3. "How long during our twenty-five year marriage have you been having affairs?" In your prologue you talked about family and how a 25+ year relationship is worth staying together? How about the 25 years was all built on lies and deception, infidelity and humiliation? In your 40 years listening can you answer that question?

No rating

sugnasugnaalmost 10 years ago
Terrible

You have just described a terrible relationship! She is a monster and he is a co-dependent. They need to understand who they are and to get away from each other. Her kids are better off without her in their lives. She is a selfish bitch and she will continue to be an evil influence to those around her. Especially because another generation is eminent, it is time to end this family pathology. The kids were right, send her packing. He is a nice guy, he chose peace rather than war with his wife in order to help the kids have a stable home life when they were young, he did his job, they are grown, he has to get out. Even if she hadn't been cheating, this is an unhealthy relationship and it is time to end it. He can find plenty of nice ladies out there who'd be grateful for a nice boyfriend or eventually a nice husband. Life is too short to waste any more time in a twisted marriage.

MrVdogMrVdogalmost 10 years ago
Martial counseling vs. marital counseling -

I thought they were going to be drilled on the manual of arms... I see the counselor now, looks like R. Lee Ermey... "What you maggots need is DISCIPLINE," he yells...

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 10 years ago
DAMN, MrVDog,

...you stole my thunder.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 10 years ago
when did

social workers start being marriage counselors. This went from a story to a fairy tale.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 10 years ago
Yes , Word Choices are a bugbear

it started with ' Session 1 Martial Counseling. by " in the synopsis. An error there usually indicates fun times ahead.

" Gleamed " is entry no 1 in the word choice contest. "m" and "n" are far too close together on the keyboard.

" over rule ", un-hyphenated and unjoined, was too easy.

" nodded no " perhaps shook his head 'no' . Nodding infers an 'up and down' motion.

" took the lead " yes, you mean ' was in front ', not as " stole the heavy metal" .perhaps a re-cast was wanted here.

......... and then, in the final paragraph, when we thought it was safe ...'councilors"

But the tale itself, Pretty d**n good, realistic, and a likely follow-on from Chapter one.

Cheers, and Thanks,

Kilroy.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 10 years ago
To anon,

In this country, marriage counselors are CSW which stands for Clinical Social Workers.

looking4itlooking4italmost 10 years ago

The way you've stated it 40 years of experience could be 20+ people with 2 years or less each. That doesn't give me much belief in your credibility.

I have to agree with BBL, where is the sorry? Individual therapy, marriage group and now couples counseling. I hear (read) taking responsibility but I'm not sure there is proven remorse.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 10 years ago
To many sick anonymous people. Out there

You shouldn't allow anonymous to write , so many are empty in their thought process and some are just virile with no stated reason for their sick reasoning.

BigJohn601BigJohn601almost 10 years ago
Sort of pointless........you just messed up chapter one.

Even his children had more sense than the father to take the selfish cheating whore back. Is there going to be a chapter three where he starts eating creampies from the whore's snatch?

RhomanovRhomanovalmost 10 years ago
Interesting .....

Are you using an actual session(s) as the framework or just "best guess"?

Interesting read and looking forward to your next install.

Not many actual counseling tales .....

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 10 years ago
re: To many sick anonymous people. Out there

Interesting comments from someone who posted their comments anonymously. I hope you realize such a ban would apply to you, too. I also noticed that, despite your comments on others, you didn't mention one thing about the story. They comment on the story, you comment on them, and yet THEY'RE the ones who are "empty in their thought process". Right.

x_witless_xx_witless_xalmost 10 years ago
You can't change the past, only make amends for it - but

should be able to direct your own future. It hasn't been a happy marriage but there is huge investment and possibly loneliness and oblivion for one or both without it. Maybe 'sorry' will be the final word of the final chapter? 4*

chilleywilleychilleywilleyalmost 10 years ago
I don't know much about councling

So this I good for me. I do think it would be much better to submit the story in much bigger sections. For example, the councling covered maybe 5 or 10 minutes of the session, so little that nothing much was discussed before part 2 of the story ended in mid air. You should at least finish a chapter to a point where the subject at hand is completed. Also when chapter 3 dribbles out, most of what you covered in chapter 1&2, stuff you struggled to get just right, will have been forgotten by the readers, thus loosing continuity.

Chilley

Richie4110Richie4110almost 10 years ago
This is going to last a while

I hope this will be worth the wait. So far I like the writing and the story line. I too love to read about counseling sessions and how relationships can evolve after a trauma. Please don't string us out too long. And, thanks for the effort.

hindsight2020hindsight2020almost 10 years ago
Not much development for a second chapter

Most I can give this effort is a keep writing 3*.

chytownchytownalmost 10 years ago
It's A Read**

Thanks.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 10 years ago
2

pages of nothing ? start writing or quit

MattblackUKMattblackUKalmost 10 years ago
A good work in progress

Well done, keep the good words coming!

njlaurennjlaurenalmost 10 years ago
I like the idea of the story

Part 1 was a little dry and mechanical,and somewhat unreal,but still had merit.This is better,it does a decent job of showing counseling...but the 1 page is too short,it dumps you off in the middle of nowhere.Chapters need to push the story forward and leave you feeling like you have the,appetizer but want more

whorehaterwhorehateralmost 10 years ago
yup,

Just like in other coment i posted on another story similar with this one, its not her fault,is her fathers fault,wilicza, after a 25± years mariage of bitching, and whoring, why counseling?Counseling is a form of being absolved from your mistakes, and put it on the others, father , mother neighbor, dog, cat, etc..,but nobody cant complain because the doctor said so.the man in your story, lived his life as a pussy ,with his balls locked up in the attic for no use, and at the end he is going down still as a pussy.A 25 years mariage is your excuse? A mariage of wat?When you let your wife to wlk over you , she will lose her respect for you,and the same go for the wife, a mariage is a partnership not a dictature,o fuck it, you are to pussy wiped to understand,and centralcoast cruiser, go eat shit if you have a probkem wth their children, they did wright ,family comes first, and they did that..

Drbeamer3333Drbeamer3333almost 10 years ago
Enjoyed it

Thanks for the offering.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 10 years ago
This whole verb tense thing has you fucked up, hasn't it?

You change tenses like they were underwear.

"At this point tears begin to well up in John's eyes. For the first time since that day at the motel, she reached over and held his hand quietly."

Within ONE PARAGRAPH, you slip from present to past.

Inept and borderline unreadable.

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
Too big of a gap . . .

Between what you are obviously thinking, versus what you are actually writing. I think I can feel the emotion and energy in your mind, but your words and you style are rather dry and passive. Lacks energy and punch. Wish I could give you better advice, but its like trying to tell a budding chef what ingredients he used wrongly, or not at all. All I can tell you is that this offering is too bland, barely warm, and not well presented. But I will keep trying if you will.

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago
one thing is

sure your not very bright

AnonymousAnonymousabout 8 years ago
Not very bright ?

Mr. Anonymous says "your not very bright" . Four words, and he can't even get that right. Learn the difference between your and you're. It's taught in grammar school.

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
"my father was Southern Italian."

So?

A person's ethnicity determines their behavior? Wops are this, niggers are that, honkeys are over here and gooks go there? Hell, let's inject religion and just move the story to Interracial while we're at it?

DrSemblanceDrSemblanceover 7 years ago

Everyone is nailing it. The excuses (like the ethnicity) is pathetic.

Her level of betrayal, disrespect, and dishonor cuts deep and cruel.

The kids are all well into adulthood. The divorce would have a hellova very slight if any impact on their lives. They all know she is a whore. They won't be in the least bit of pain if he divorces her.

What the bloody hell does a grandchild on the way have to do with fuck all!

How is that grandchild's life affected one iota if this guy divorces the cheating cunt!

This whole damn thing made no sense except to portray him as a pathetic wimp wallowing in self pity when he is the victim of a cheating cunt.

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
Why live a lie

Adult Children DO NOT need protecting.They're adults and have their own lives. Better to get the truth out in and in the open. No need for secrecy on the demise of a marriage. Why lie and say you just drifted apart when the real culprit was infidelity. If you're worried about what your children will think of you then don't do things that will lessen their opinion for you and your character. If you're unhappy in your marriage leave it before you cheat on and disrespect your partner.

26thNC26thNCover 2 years ago

Bitch is a perfect word for her.

PrefshavenPrefshavenover 1 year ago

Sometimes people cheat, because they think they could and can. They are somehow entitled by it and justified because of their achievements.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

Very clinical. Get the divorce if you want to talk about it afterwards then go ahead.

AnonymousAnonymous11 months ago

Gleaming knowledge is a wonderful thing.

AnonymousAnonymous11 months ago

For some people, verb tense is the forest.

oldtwitoldtwit7 months ago

mmmmmmm still not sure

AnonymousAnonymous6 months ago

Martial counseling? Really I see there is a part three, so I am bailing out now. Two stars for what I have read so far.

JPB

AnonymousAnonymous4 months ago

This was better, It was tidied up quite a bit and the two MCs became more human.

JR

ForensicFossilForensicFossil2 months ago

Southern Italian???

She is an impatient bitch because her father was southern Italian? I have read many fatuous things in my life, and heard more, but I don't think I have ever read or heard anything more pitifully silly than this explanation for her bad character.

AnonymousAnonymous25 days ago

John's subjected to at least emotional abuse for a long time. WHY he let that happen is beyond my ability to deal with. For a time, allowing frustrations in her life that affected her mood is one thing; happening for years & feeling like "a hired hand" is something completely different.

His excuse of having kids is bullshit. He can divorce, start over & still be there for them. Happens often enough- probably too much. And the kids had to know what's happening.

John should've at least separated from Carol long before the events of this story. Separation with alerting her that if she doesn't straighten up, it's divorce time. But that wasn't done.

Carol giving her husband an STD should've been the final straw. Divorce, do not collect $200 (lol). She was caught having an affair, & I'm sure the wife of her lover didn't cave in as John eventually did. He never gave his lawyer son the go-ahead for the divorce. Did everything but. His strong actions before became the mouse that roared, so to speak, for a short time, then returned being a mouse.

Didn't want counseling but that's what wound up happening. In fact, they started going for teas after the group counseling. She admitted to having a few affairs; without that, having the long running affair with her boss + her attitude towards him's enough for the divorce.

John's kids were "aware but didn't know" about Carol's adultery. WTF? If you're aware of something, you know that something. (That's part 1) Why didn't they say anything? Worse, seeing how Carol changed after counceling, they told him to "step up". Really? There should be no stepping up after the abuse & cheating. That he did it shows the spineless part of him. He put forth having a grandchild. You can have one & just be pleasant to your spouse without succumbing to that pressure, whatever there was of it.

Tell the kids there's too much hurt & cheating done over the years & he doesn't trust his wife not to cheat again in the future. Even if she doesn't, what she's done was enough; if his lawyer son doesn't want to complete the divorce, it's understandable but he'll get a lawyer that will.

On a weaker side, you need help with your writing. Too much was in the present tense. There's some repetition in what you wrote; the most glaring- the guy's her boss; 2-3 sentences later, you write that he's her supervisor. We've learned that already. Like I wrote, overall, this's just an observation to help.

NOT rating on the writing I described above but on the story thus far, & I don't plan on reading the other 4 chapters as the author is making the husband, as I wrote, spineless. 2 stars Bob

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userwieliczka@wieliczka
I am married to my first (and only ) wife of 38 years. Only in my extended family, (two continents) has there ever been unfaithfulness. There has been divorces, remarriage, trials and tribulations. Life is messy, I look toward building bridges, not tearing them down. In th...