All Comments on 'It was Just a One Night Stand.'

by Dinsmore

Sort by:
  • 34 Comments
AnonymousAnonymousover 18 years ago
A winner

Another winner from the 'King' of Literotica.

AnonymousAnonymousover 18 years ago
Sweet and VERY romantic.

It was predictable, but you wove the predictability into a very sweet and stylish little story. It would make a good movie of the week.

KathiKathiover 18 years ago
Great Story!

Fast moving, believable and with enough detail to allow the reader to generate the images in our minds.

AnonymousAnonymousover 18 years ago
A beautiful love story

Dinsmore:

As I read the story something kept beating at the back of my mind and as I finished the story it came to me. Romance and love in the dog-eat-dog corporate world, especially where sales is involved, must be the rarest commodity in the world. To be able to write about it and to try to fit it in the corporate world must also be most difficult. Congratulations you did a most excellent job. Thank You. Ronnie W.

Aussie_TeacherAussie_Teacherover 18 years ago
I never read 4 page stories

but this time I forgot to check the length until the end of the first page. Boy, am I glad I ever did. It was a truely great story. Bravo!

AnonymousAnonymousover 18 years ago
Story sucked

If you want a romance novel go to Barnes and Noble... this story wasn't erotic and went on and on with no point.

AnonymousAnonymousover 18 years ago
Outstanding

Another great story - I loved it. You are one of my favorite authors on Literotica. I watch for your new stories and go right to them.

AnonymousAnonymousover 18 years ago
I admit it!

I admit it...I like "old fashioned love stories" and this one had all the ingredients. The author has alot of skill in writing as it seemed that the whole story went together very well!

rgraham666rgraham666over 18 years ago
Sweet

Liked it a lot.

gatorhermitgatorhermitover 18 years ago
Good story, well told

Predictable but still fun. Good work!

AnonymousAnonymousover 18 years ago
Great

Another first-rate romance by you. Keep up the good writing.

Boyd

grumbletasgrumbletasover 18 years ago
Heart warming romance

A lovely story that clicked with my romantic heart.

It had some rare elements, honour, respect and integrity in a corporate environment.mmmmmmmmm hard to believe that but it is good to imagine it :). (My back is still bleeding from the back stabbing I got in the large company I worked in for 20 years LOL. One of the married supervisors was very busy screwing our shared 19 yo secretary, nothing like morals and ethics, eh!)

So apart from my cynicism of real world antics, it was a wonderful story, thank you

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 17 years ago
That Georgia Cracker is a fire cracker!!!

I have been addicted to your stories for days now and keep reading them and commenting on them - especially the romance stories, especially where you let the lovers grow old together. My comment about this and these stories is: "Well there's the end of another beautiful story, and WOW, Earth really can be a paradise."

It was painful for me, an older than you guy, for Kayla to tell Mike she was going on a date after they got to Chicago, and again when she told him that he was the best before or since South Georgia. He knew that - she knew he had quit one night stands years ago because of her; in my opinion, it would have been much nicer without the "unintentional?" barb. She could have told him he is the most precious thing that her life had given her. The sexual reference was gross, hurtful, and un-necessary.

AnonymousAnonymousover 16 years ago
worst

its the worst story on literotica

grumbletasgrumbletasabout 16 years ago
outstanding

A heartwarming tale of love, respect and achievement! Always a sucker for romance, this one really appealed to me.

Thank you

AnonymousAnonymousover 15 years ago
Good

Loved it!

CallieWCallieWover 14 years ago
beautiful

a really nice stroy. warm and sesnitive. loved it

AnonymousAnonymousover 14 years ago
OUTSTANDING

The other comments have covered all the superlatives. I cannot thnk of any other original ones.

(except for 2 cowardly clowns.)

But this submission was superb & deserved a positive comment.

I hope you are, now, a successfully published writer, & making a good living from it. I would love to read more stories from you, here.

All the very best from now forwards. Your enthusiastic fan, Dan.

AnonymousAnonymousover 14 years ago
First story I've read from this author

and I can't wait to read the others. This was romance at its finest. A wonderful read. Can't imagine what the two "0" givers were thinking. Story sucked because of romance? Funny how there is always somebody that thinks so different from everybody else. Well done author. You're a fine writer with a well developed story. Thanks. ML

AnonymousAnonymousabout 14 years ago
awkward

and i found the lead character intensely creepy

xtremeddxtremeddabout 14 years ago
I enjoyed the Hell out of it..

Dinsmore,

Great story/ending "real" story "real" ending "Really Good Story"

Thanks for sharing your great work!

xtremedd

SqueezeplaySqueezeplayover 13 years ago
Great story

I really enjoyed your story. It was not too long, but long enough to truly develop the plot and characters. I have only one small criticism - a mistake many writers make - the misspelling of high heels. It is not spelled heals. Keep up the good work.

Privates1stClassPrivates1stClassover 10 years ago
Great story

In the dog-eat-dog world of business, sales in particular, Kayla and Jack did extremely well--and even better in the sack. Worth at least five stars.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 10 years ago
I like the story

but I hate the Jacks and Jills of the world; I'd like to take em all all out and horsewhip em; One-Night Stands / Fucks are for damn losers and that's what he was until he got his head out of his ass. He "knew" how she'd changed him, yet it took another 6 years to fix it, argh!!!

Thx;

DKP

TavadelphinTavadelphinover 9 years ago
A lot of fum - again

The math is off though - she retired before 40 after almost 22 years past since her 30th birthday?? More like she was about to turn 50??

And that was twenty-two years ago.

The company got bought a few years ago and I took a liberal buyout

Kayla stuck around for a few years

Kayla took a liberal buy out and retired before her fortieth birthday

29 plus 22 equals 51 minus a couple but not a few LOL equals late 40's

But minor issue in a fun story -

OldfatanduglyOldfatanduglyover 9 years ago
Great story

Second read, and I enjoyed it both times. A few spelling errors, but they were minor. Can't help noticing that all of the trolls are Anon...

AnonymousAnonymousabout 9 years ago
beautiful shitfilled story

He suddenly realized he was in love? She never talked to him friendly...she seemed mostly arrogant....and what is she....a superwoman? She never gave a hint of her love all these years? Just throwing in a few business words won't make a good plot, my friend. As the saying goes..." Think before you act, fuckface!!!!!"

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 8 years ago
Unquestionably - a FIVE Star

The title of my comment says it all. Absolutely Great.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 7 years ago
5 Again

I go through my favorites every now and then to see if they have written anything new. I still enjoy the old ones. Dave, the Captain and Kate are three of my favorite people. Please humor an old man an write something new.

Rancher46Rancher46over 3 years ago

Another wonderful love story. Well done Dinsmore.

All these anonymous negative comments are really a lot of BS. Lay you odds they have never written 1 word and wouldn't know a good story if it smacked them in the face.

macrumptonmacrumptonover 2 years ago

Great pacing and characters. A bit light on the sex scenes, but the story is sweet and feels true.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Loved it!!! 😊 5⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️s!!!

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

If 30 year old Jack was telling Ray about women and sex 20 years before the events of this story, he’d have been only 10 years old. Need to work on your timeline.

Rapierwit24601Rapierwit24601over 1 year ago

I understand that you don’t write anymore, for all we know you may be dead. Yet, I still need to make one comment.

This was an almost perfect love story. People of like minds, like ambition and a fear of commitment. They fell in love, not with sex, but with their souls.

It was, however, marred by a full page of corporate bullshit. It’s obvious that you find money and upward mobility incredibly important, but most of us don’t.

I’ll admit that I am an artist turned educator, who is a contractor on the side. If my university career hadn’t worked out, I would be a contractor full-time. I like to see what I create be it a house or a sculpture. The most frightening future for me would have been working in corporate America. I could not watch the TV show the office, because working at Dunder, Mifflin seemed like worse than hell.

I’m pretty sure I’m not alone. Trimming that down substantially would have kept us focused on the romance and not the inherent avarice.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous