All Comments on 'It was Written in the Stars Ch. 02'

by laptopwriter

Sort by:
  • 95 Comments
OneShotOneOneShotOneover 10 years ago
Good story

Smashing the rings was a really nice touch.

RePhilRePhilover 10 years ago
Really enjoying this story

Very unique slant on a failed marriage. I'm looking forward to the next chapter

Richie4110Richie4110over 10 years ago
WOW!

Wonderful story. Looking forward to the next chapter.

Thank you.

AnonymousAnonymousover 10 years ago
Over the top

Your protagonists lines all seem unnatural and over the top. When he laments to everyone how his 'new love will be (his) work' it all gets a bit too dramatic for me.

Real people don't speak like that, and when you ignore that and have your protagonist speak like that anyway, it comes off as cheesy rather than powerful or potent. It probably would have been better if you'd had him subconsciously do what he said he'd do because it hurt too much to socialize.

AnonymousAnonymousover 10 years ago
hey cansellyou

You and Bill, I mean Barb, still over in H block?

oscar73oscar73over 10 years ago
the stars forgive all

I am amazed that cora's family that that just because he wasn't born in chicago that it made him unsuitable for her. Her beliefs are fine but if the rest of the family is like that steve is safer away from all those people. Cora's excuse for cheating that their stars aligned and that should forgive all proves that she was worthless in the first place. She admitted that they had a great marriage but for the one thing that she didn't even know about she threw away her marriage vows and WENT after a replacement husband. Personally I hope the stars align just perfectly and she gets screwed in a good way and steve can get over this and hook up with the new chick. Being honest the sign thing would make him a little gun shy but come on its just a way of asking when you were born. Good story and waiting for the next one. Also Cora better watch the sky and her back because if she believes in astrology then she better believe in Karma and its a bitch.

MrVdogMrVdogover 10 years ago
I recall a playboy bunny

who said her sign "was Esso, I was born in a gas station."

jeeter4ujeeter4uover 10 years ago
Great Closing

Short and sweet: Great closing, I just loved it. Totally unexpected for me and perfect to the story and its future installments! Thank you, thank you.

looking4itlooking4itover 10 years ago
Can't agree

I disagree with the anondiot who can't believe the dialogue. I think it's quite possible for someone hurt so badly to make these decisions AND tell people about them, especially friends. It is very 21st century to be open about who you are and how you feel. I'm hoping for Karma against Cora, Mark is obviously not afraid o play behind someone's back. We will see...

AnonymousAnonymousover 10 years ago
An excellent story......

You really got me hooked. Can't wait for the next installment.

AnonymousAnonymousover 10 years ago
W O W

Great in depth story you got me hooked. Looking forward to the next chapter.

LordSlamdawggLordSlamdawggover 10 years ago
Fun read & ride ( with a few pothole en route ) !

I'd like to congratulate the writer on finding a great premise for the demise of the marriage. Astrology fanatics defionitey can go over the top in their passion.This is a solid, stick to ribs four star story by my lights. To get full marks, the husband and wives characters needed to be more two dimensional.

More research into the fields of both photography and astrology would have added heft to the story. Cora's 180 degree turn around from loving wife to cheater based solely on revised star charts stretches belief. A few more flaws in her base makeup would have set up the action better.

Also Mark Goodsom's character ( her cheating cohort ) had missed villain potential. He is introduced in one paragraph and discovered in bed with Cors shortly thereafter. Too quick ! The narrator's character is just a little weepy and soft for my personal taste but a good job in terms of his eventual rehab followed.

Laptop Writer also deserves props for judiciously introducing ancillary characters. Like Barbara & Brad who keep plot humming at sprightly pace. I'm also glad that after suitable period of mourning, Steve has a love interest in the offing. A gpod man deserves a good woman. I wish this prospective couple & their author the best.

AnonymousAnonymousover 10 years ago
Not far enough

For a cheating wife Cora was let off the hook a little too easy; should've shown her the true stars and future. Castration of her lover for start and that there is never a good future between cheaters; she will either cheat again on new lover or, he will cheat on her and leave her just as broken as she left the husband in this story. I've seen stuff like this happen to people who fall for all the astrology bull; worse liars & deceivers in the book.

Later chapter "good-ole" lover boy could be found out to have lied about his astrology too; wouldn't that be a good kick in the butt for loving Cora.....

EgoTrixiEgoTrixiover 10 years ago
Wow...

..some great story this is.I can hardly wait for part three. Absolutely a story that arouses my greatest interest and brings up all the spectrum of emotions I expect of a great tale. As I said: Looking foreward to the next part.

Of course: 5*

BriteaseBriteaseover 10 years ago
hooked is the word

can't wait. Great place to break the story both times by the way;

doberincadoberincaover 10 years ago
Original

After reading a lot of stories on this site, this one is very original. I like it very much. Thank you! Full house....

tazz317tazz317over 10 years ago
WHEN A PERSON ZEALOUSY COVETS

beliefs and hobby's a nova explosion is the only safe linear. TK U MLJ LV NV

Drbeamer3333Drbeamer3333over 10 years ago
Loving it

Wow! This is very good. Your best offering yet. Loved the smashing of the rings. Brilliant. Loved the fact that you opted to follow a more realistic plot where the wife is not begging for him to take her back. I do think the flaws in her reasoning could have been driven home a bit harder. You astutely had the husband pointing out the irony of her "integrity" problem, but for some reason she till clings to it when she meets him at the bank. If Steve was no longer her perfect match given his star charts inclination toward lying, then how does her lover (who Steve pointed out as cheating with a married woman) become perfect in her eyes?

Drbeamer3333Drbeamer3333over 10 years ago

By the way, five stars for this offering and I can't wait for more.

AnonymousAnonymousover 10 years ago
Stories should be interesting with complex characters

This is a well written story, well thought out. However Cora's blind trust in a pseudo science such as Astrology that leads her to commit adultery over and over again, all the while lying to the husband of 5 years because her charts tell her he will be the one to commit adultery is a borderline fantasy which very doubtfully ever existed in our society. And then the mere mention of a new attractive woman telling our hero her sign sends him packing into the night to set up Chapter 3. This astrological is really a gimmick in the story and it is ruining a good writer's chances at a good story.

chastenchastenover 10 years ago

Very nice. I'm looking forward to the next installment.

AnonymousAnonymousover 10 years ago
Nicely done

Using astrology was genius. I know people who emphatically believe in that crap.

Very original story, and loved the ring smashing scene.

FullCircle56FullCircle56over 10 years ago
Very Good

Excellent story. If you believe in that "stuff" then you have to believe in karma / fate. And sometimes it can be a real bitch. The best action scene I've ever read so far is when he smashed her rings. That was absolutely awesome. Very creative. Looking forward to chapter 3.

MattblackUKMattblackUKover 10 years ago
5* Star +

Really with this chap! God! The angst! And the unexpected twist!

Really look forward to part 3!

AnonymousAnonymousover 10 years ago
Okay...I'm Waiting - But

Your story has me, well - a lot of us, holding our breathe for the next chapter. It does seem a little kindergarten in logic at times but overall, very catching so - next?

Now - 'Cora'! For a woman who was an educated goddess in looks, figure, education and character, an honest loving women who betrays our guy in the worst possible way, well - I'd like to hear she didn't do so well, for any reason. No BTB, just doesn't get to be everything she once was or could have been as a good and intelligent woman and WHY...? Not because of her dedication and worship of the stars but because for a so called decent woman, she stooped to lying, adultery and showed that she was every bit the low life slut that she probably wouldn't approve of. Too difficult for her to just tell hubby that she wanted to separate and probably get a divorce, too dishonest to say she met someone else and wanted to try him out - NO, just cheat and lie so...I'd like just a little about how she doesn't fare too well!

Thanks, I'm enjoying your story!

JounarJounarover 10 years ago

A great second part mostly but Cora seemed to get off way to easy tho the rings smashing was cool but I felt hubby was to nice to people like Barbara who knew all along his wife was a cheating slut.

lonewolf3307lonewolf3307over 10 years ago
5* Star +? Really?...

... Let's not get too excited, Matt. I've seen too many of these multi-parters start off pretty good and then turn to shit on a dime. I will admit that this one is off to a pretty good start. I'll reserve my final comments for the end.

imhaplessimhaplessover 10 years ago
Ditto to what Lonewolf said

5 for now, hope that it doesn't disappoint.

IronDragonIronDragonover 10 years ago
Astrology...

I almost got involved with a woman who wanted to "chart" me. Damn glad I didn't!

5 Stars for both chapters. I REALLY hope Megan isn't a fanatic like Cora, though!

AnonymousAnonymousover 10 years ago

5 stars so far please don't screw it up by making Steve a cuckold and taking his whore wife back

john1946john1946over 10 years ago
ok

it could be 5 but I am a skeptic and don't usually comment until the final chapter. This just really has my interest. Well written

LickideesplitLickideesplitover 10 years ago
Sweetie?

If Sweetie is actually gone from this story, it was a lot of work flushed down the drain. On the other hand, given her parting belief that her method was poor but the rationale was totally correct, it would be very hard to bring her back! Waiting with bated breath!

Pity the hosts didn't brief Matchmakee that 'What's your sign?' would be a disastrous ice-breaker!

AnonymousAnonymousover 10 years ago
Grand

I like it soo far hope Steve ends up finding a new woman who can see him for him and not take back the woman who was soo into the stars she broke his heart.

connoisseur29connoisseur29over 10 years ago
So far ---

To this point it's a good story and well constructed - *****. Difficult to wait for chapter three. Cheers!

AnonymousAnonymousover 10 years ago
Pretty good story

A few comments:

1. Never use more than one semicolon in a sentence (or even in a given paragraph). You actually had a sentence with three:

"Yes, I don't think I realized how badly you were hurt until you smashed my rings and told me that was the way I smashed your heart; God, I'm so very sorry, Steve; I handled things all wrong; I really messed up."

You should have used periods, instead. I suggest you stop using semicolons altogether. They are not necessary, and are easily misused. A semicolon is basically a "weak" period. If a semicolon is used, then both clauses must constitute complete sentences (i.e., if a period was used instead, then they would constitute two complete sentences). The sentence I quoted above was a run-on sentence, strung together with inappropriate punctuation. I realize that it was dialogue, which is different from text, but still, it was improper and annoying.

2. Please avoid having male characters cry, become nauseous, or vomit when they are confronted with emotional issues. Few, if any, men do those things. Such reactions are not interesting to read about.

3. I enjoyed, and appreciated the scene in which he and his wife discuss her cheating. Too many authors get lazy and just have the male lead refuse to talk to the "slut". Dialogue and emotion in these stories are good things. Avoiding confrontation and leaving the reader to guess as to the cheating woman's motives is just lazy. JPB does it all the time, but that's just because he is being lazy. Having a distraught character delete phone messages without listening to them is another lazy author's tool. If someone is upset and looking for answers, they are not likely to delete messages, and certainly as a reader I would rather know what is going on. I don't want to have to guess.

4. I hope we never hear from Megan again. She sounds like another lunatic.

Please keep posting.

AnonymousAnonymousover 10 years ago
Like all the other

closeted cuck commenters I am just waiting to see if they get back together before castigating or commending - that's also the sole basis for scoring.

Plot, editing, structure character development, don't matter (hell, most of us are far too stupid to recognize any of that anyway).

AnonymousAnonymousover 10 years ago
Fantastic!!!!!

The concept, the ring smashing!!!! A very entertaining story. I do have reservations if takes her back. And Megan I thought she was the one until she asked him for his sign. Too bad, she was gorgeous. But with all the curves you are throwing, the ending is up in the air.

I think he is too emotional which detracts and Cora is a shallow person for her part. I give kudos to Barb for not lying to him and disagree that she should have called him. She did not know him that well, but when asked she came through with flying colors.

Your photography knowledge is good, and overall this worked very well. I think you should describe your characters more to give us a better visual.

And finally, a story where the man doesn't hook up with the lovers wife. Ahhhhhh

IronDragonIronDragonover 10 years ago
2nd Comment

I think Ex-Wifey is going to find out too late that her obsession with astrology is the only thing that led her to cheat, and she's going to realize far too late that she gave up the only man who would ever love her. I somehow feel that Megan will get her shit together and after talking with Brad and Gail, that she said the absolute wrong thing by asking Steve what his sign was.

But then, it could go somewhere else completely. Just as long as he doesn't take Ex-Wifey back, it's all good. :)

katibkatibover 10 years ago
Nice

Good story. Interesting, and quite well edited, with only minor slips. As for one commentator's remarks about semi-colons, don't listen to him or her. They are a perfectly proper substitute for a coordinating conjunction; you used them well to indicate concatenating events or statements that did not require a full stop. But I'm sure you know that.

Thanks for a good story.

AnonymousAnonymousover 10 years ago
well the cheating adulterous slut proved she could not be trusted

no chance of this being a mistake or not planned, it was shown in her converation it was a thought out and planned affair with the intention of divorce. She really did burn all her bridges behind her. Please, oh please, dont bring in the famous female excuse, hormonal problems, as the reason for her mental instablity.

AnonymousAnonymousover 10 years ago
Crazy people

If you find yourself in the company of crazy people who believe in astrology and magic, do not hesitate - walk away. After decades of experience dealing with people, I can tell you they are irrational losers and will only drag you down with their insanity. I don't care what she looks like, walk away.

BTW Great story so far!

AnonymousAnonymousover 10 years ago
nice job

Two well written chapters so far. Looking forward to see what happens to Mr. Virgo! Thanks for writing and sharing.

AnonymousAnonymousover 10 years ago
The problem with stupid people

Is if they do breed, they end up with stupid kids.

AnonymousAnonymousover 10 years ago
harry was right... one truly sad weak and stupid Husband

yeech... and what is worse the ex-wife has gone on to another better life and man while this idiot is crying in his beer

AnonymousAnonymousover 10 years ago
Good story but

the cheating wife should not get away with all the crap she is into. There needs to be some 'payback' here.

theanalisttheanalistover 10 years ago
an observation

do you know why you get low rating for the initial chapter? its because it deals with the cheating part. If you write the story in a single chapter format, you can avoid that. Of course I voted 5 * for both.. But still, most of us don't like to read the cheating part in too much detail. So in one chapter format we can see some retribution soon and have some satisfaction. nevertheless I liked your works. But please don't come up with a sequel like in "but is it immoral" dealing with the cheater.

ChagrinedChagrinedover 10 years ago
I luked it. I like sone of the wordsmithing, too

It is good, so far. I am interested in seeing where this goes. While I don't want them back together, I do hope Cora finds that making life's decisions based on the input of the stars only is very stupid!

hiDavidhiDavidover 10 years ago

2 very good Ch. Nice lead into Ch.3&4? 3+ star.

TheUnoriginalistTheUnoriginalistover 10 years ago
Yes

Always glad to see someone writing a story about human emotions rather than catering to the losers who jack off to fantasies about getting back at people who were mean to them.

I can understand being upset that someone did you wrong, but losing yourself in revenge porn fantasy is the ultimate wimp defeat.

Vulcan_in_OhioVulcan_in_Ohioover 10 years ago
My wimp detection radar has been activated . . .

Steve, our "hero," cries a lot and expresses his feminine side too much, as other comments have suggested. Maybe photographers, being somewhat artsy, would be more emotional than most males, but it is really a turn off and makes Steve appear weak, his mallet at the motel door notwithstanding.

I also found the first chapter wordy and repetitive (the second chapter less so). The idea that Steve is so traumatized by the whole astrology subject that he would bolt when, just making conversation, Megan asks his Zodiac sign, is pretty far out as well. Again, Steve appears cry babyish and wimpy, at least in this reader's mind. I hope the next chapters correct my impression (if indeed it is wrong). Thanks for writing.

jasonnhjasonnhover 10 years ago
Good story

I liked the direct method he takes to deal with his ditzy wife. He verifies she is cheating and then symbolically smashes the marriage like he smashes the rings. Outstanding symbolism.

I agree that the emotional breakdowns are WAY overused and have become a turnoff. You tell me he leaves the hotel after confronting his wife and collapses in tears? OK. Enough. The long walk to the lake was more realistic and better story telling as well. Total collapse months later just because someone mentions their "sign", come on!. Maybe "Astrology is a really bad subject for me" comment.

I also think the dopey wife got off too easy. She is an airhead and caused a lot of pain by being stupid. But stupidity is not a "get out of jail card" She deserves a bit of karmic payback, like perfect mate cheating on her. Beyond that, I hope we don't hear about her again.

Overall I like the writing but the story is still pretty much in the air. Where it lands is going to determine how it holds together for me.

AnonymousAnonymousover 10 years ago
So far. So good.

I hope that our hero gets some revenge on his ex and her "perfect match". Please dont wimp out and do the "Oh, I told you the stars were right thing." That would be such a disapointment. Your story is one of those rare ones, that truly causes anticipation of the next installment. Your writting evokes emotion and connection with the characters. I look forward to the next chapter. Thanks!

DunaDunaover 10 years ago
A famouse Japanese song

There are a famouse Japanese song. The English name is Sukiyaki, the singer is Kyu Sakamoto. He died in that Boeing 747 crash JAL 123 in Aug 1985. The lyrics are about a crying man after the disapointment from his girlfriend.

From YouTube:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0U2nBre-JEU

betrayedbylovebetrayedbyloveover 10 years ago
Cheating By The Stars.

Fucking cunt. Do people like that exist? Destroyed their happy life because he wasn't born where she thought he was? Still he over-reacted when asked what sign he was. Excellent so far.

AnonymousAnonymousover 10 years ago

Another fucking wimp that cries all the time. It's a damn shame because this story was well written but the authors here are obsessed with writing about wimpy cry babies. I can only give this 2 stars and that's a shame because it was written better then that but the wimpy cry baby husband got old along time ago! Capiche!?!?

norcal62norcal62over 10 years ago
Ditto to 8/19 Anonymous.

Said it very well.

TavadelphinTavadelphinover 10 years ago
Wow a stupid botch and a weak guy -

He had the strength to go and find the truth and then act in it - what happened to soften him up so much he ran away?? I get the hermit bit we all lived through those bad times and maybe even some went away completely - BUT she made a stupid comment in ignorance - let her know why at least or push it back with a smart assed remark about my sign is "Hard Left Ahead" or STOP or whatever..

Let's see if he can get his head back on straight and if she gets burned as badly as she deserves -

AnonymousAnonymousabout 10 years ago
Stop with the tears already!

Really great writing, love your talent and style.

What I don't get is why Stevie the Teary-eyed doll can't get a grip. I'm thin-skinned, emotional, cry at the Kodak feel-good commercials and I would never be the ball-baby this dude is. Making him act like a middle school girl is hurting the story.

connoisseur29connoisseur29about 10 years ago
***

Betrayedbylove said Steve overreacted when the chick asked what his "sign" was. Hell, I'd be spooked too if something was said like that. As with most of the other commenters, I don't see the crying bit adding to the story except to make Steve a wimp. Cheers!

KarenEKarenEalmost 10 years ago
Honesty?

Let me see, she's so hung up on integrity because someone lied to her, but she's cheating on her husband?

Even if you want to believe in the stars, wouldn't "integrity" require you to leave your husband before hooking up with you star mate?

ohyessssssohyessssssover 9 years ago
nut case

He should be thankful that someone else took that nucase off his hands. Thank you lord.

Tim413413Tim413413about 9 years ago
LTW is one of

my favorite authors. I hope he doesn't have Steve wimp out.

sbrooks103sbrooks103almost 9 years ago
Thoughts

She’s worried about HIS honesty, but SHE cheats? I was going to put this in my comment on Ch 1, decided to wait till we saw it, then saw someone else said the same thing, LOL!

Barbara says she doesn’t know, but come on! She believes in the stars and her chart and Mark’s are a perfect match. She AND Mark haven’t been at the meetings even though she LIED and said she was going and was late because she was talking to Barbara. The neighbor said she was dressed hot, but she came home in normal clothes, OBVIOUSLY because she changed! You don’t need a chart to get the picture here!

I don’t know anything about astrology, but I wonder if Mark rigged his chart to ensure their “compatibility”.

He says he can’t lose her – HE ALREADY HAS!

And how he can even IMAGINE that it’s something innocent is beyond me! MAYBE without the lying about the club meetings, but that coupled with the other stuff, she’s guilty as sin!

The “trainee” has a question important enough to call her at home, but she abruptly hangs up on him?

"My rings...my rings," – She’s worried about her RINGS? Too bad she hadn’t worried as much about the marriage that the rings symbolized!

Not that it really matters now, but I wonder about her “dinner” with Doti!

What the hell good is counseling? After deciding that the “stars” showed that HE lacked integrity SHE lied and cheated, refused to rationally discuss things with him. Now that she’s been caught, NOW she wants to talk, LOL!

I call bullshit on Cora. If she REALLY believed in the stars so much that it wouldn’t have worked out between them, then she should have left him and asked for a divorce, NOT cheat on him while leading him on that their marriage still had a chance.

I like how Gail wanted him to give her a second chance, while it’s obvious that Cora doesn’t WANT a second chance, she STILL believes that she and Steve AREN’T compatible and she and Mark ARE!

Megan’s NOT to shy to run through the building to try to meet him, but she’s too shy to go to his studio to meet him?

While "What's your sign" might have just been the cliche ice-breaker, how Gail couldn't have alerted Megan to Steve's feelings about astrology baffles me!

sbrooks103sbrooks103over 8 years ago
Re-Reading

“I handled things all wrong” – There was really no way to handle them RIGHT! There were only two “right” things she could have done: Accept that her astrology beliefs were foolish, and accept her real-life experience with Steve, OR, especially since Steve’s presumed problem was his honesty and integrity, to divorce him before taking up with a lover!

Drbeamer3333Drbeamer3333about 8 years ago
Second time through...

Still five stars. Still love it. Powerful end to this chapter.

rightbankrightbankover 7 years ago
We determine our lives, not the stars

.

It's ok for men to cry.

Instead of being intolerant, there are better ways to deal with the beliefs of others with which we do not agree.

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
Ok for men to cry?

Yeah, I cried when my Dad died, when my 16 year old Jack Russell died. I shed a few tears when I saw the 1st tower collapse on 9/11 'cause I knew it had to be full of firemen, cops, and employees. I did NOT cry when my long-time girlfriend in college decided to party with another guy one night, resulting in me finding out and telling her to hit the bricks. I didn't cry when she tracked me down and cried/begged for a 2nd chance. I didn't cry when she called for 4 days crying that it was only because she was drunk and it didn't mean anything. I was thankful I found out before we got married.

It's okay for men to cry - but it's NOT okay to weep uncontrollably for days on end like some 15 yr old girl upset over Bieber's newest gay hairstyle. Grow a pair dude. The crazy cheating bitch is screwing another man because the stars said she should? Kick her ass to curb, kick her boyfriends ass and tell him if he calls the cops you'll have a friend cut his nuts off, and count yourself lucky that you dumped this lunatic before having any kids. Stop crying like a baby, you're supposed to be a man, for pity's sake!

And before all the pansies start commenting about how emotional today's modern man is supposed to be and how wonderful it is that they feel comfortable enough to weep openly about the great color choices for their hybrid queermobiles - you'll be wasting your time trying to convince me. Why is it most of these stories have the "men" crying uncontrollably, wondering if their cheating wife will take them back and still love them? What? Are all American men becoming British? There are millions of women out there - go find the right one. Yeah, it hurts that she ran around on you, it will always hurt - but that doesn't mean you have to stop being a man. Suck it up and FIDO (fuck it, drive on).

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
The stars we're wrong

Cora's stars were wrong. She destroyed Steve, lying to him over and over, having an affair, and yet she still believes in them. She was the one that destroyed the marriage. She couldn't accept what was right in front of her, that Steve was totally devoted and in love with her. And so her meeting with him just confirmed that she doesn't love him, no matter what she claims.

Her insisting that she loves him is one of the biggest lies she told. You don't cheat on your spouse if you love them. Cheating and love are not compatible. And then she claims that it is better that that she is with the other dude, even though she lives Steve.

Utterly selfish. My guess is that her reading will be a self fulfilling prophecy of sorts. Maybe something like she realizes that the stars are meant to be looked at instead of predestination and wants to get back with Steve as she realizes her mistake. But unfortunately for her he tells her he doesn't love her anymore in order to try to get on with his life

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
1* Wimpy Cuck Crybaby Crap

All of author's husbands are obtuse, wimp, weak, crybaby characters.

Pathetic. When is this guy going to write a strong husband character?

And that cheating slut and lover should have burned to ground. Man up Laptopwimp.

tazz317tazz317over 6 years ago
NOW YOUR GUT IS IN YOUR HEAD AND BRAINS"what you have remaining'

and yet you wonder if the Insane Asylum is still open, TK U MLJ LV NV

AnonymousAnonymousabout 6 years ago
The bank would be in trouble

I would report what the bank vp did to every banking oversight commitee in the land.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 5 years ago
Mostly fun story so far

"Oriental" is considered a rude term for asians, by the way.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 5 years ago
Another good chapter

As for the asswipe who is concerned about the use of "oriental", it simply means "Easterner" as "occidental" means "Westerner". It only offends orientals who are full of cultural marxist bullshit.

Now for a couple of comments on the story:

1. Authors need to stop with the "if I beat the puke up a bit I'll go to jail" crap. If you have a clean record, teaching fuck boy a lesson will not result in jail time. Simple assault (some punches and kicks to the solar plexus, a couple of kicks to the balls, some bitch slapping, etc) will NOT result in jail time, but it will make a painful impression on fuck boy. Prosecutors and the rest of the judicial system have their hands far too full with seriously bad guys (MS 13, etc.) to get involved in any significant way with a little street justice being meeted out to a fuckwad like Mark. Beating him half to death or maiming him would be another story. There is no need to make cucked husbands a bunch of pussies because they have an imaginary fear.

2. "avoiding her is the cowardly thing to do; man up and talk to her, I told myself." I understand that "the talk" is a device for advancing the plot, but there is no reason to absurdly claim it would be "cowardly" not to talk to the cunt. Treating her like she's dead is an excellent punishment and just. A different motivation should be given.

3. Authors need to save the "closure" crap for interviews with Dr. Phil and Oprah. It means just about nothing. It's feminized psychobabble. Women may want to talk things to death, but actual men don't.

Grimjack01Grimjack01over 4 years ago
Pathetic

Once again a pathetic excuse for a man, I've seen devices helped pick friends up, this way too over the top for me.

jtwheelsjtwheelsabout 4 years ago
His stupid pills real addictive

Your worst

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 4 years ago
She was lied to in a previous relationship

And is afraid hubby will lie too.

As supposed to "She kept it from you because she knew how you felt... ", her lying is perfectly OK, huh?

I think she got the fortune cookies mixed up as to who is the deceitful one.

MarkT63MarkT63almost 4 years ago
Wow!!!

Are all the women in this story astrology nuts and sluts???

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 4 years ago
All writers.

Please stop with the lead man being a pussy and crying through 3/4s of your stories. Must be the Tide Pod Generation.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 4 years ago
This really doesn't make a lot of sense

Your character development with Cora is all over the place. If she truly believes that they shouldn't be married then why the running around? Why would she care about the rings at all? If she wants steve to just go away then why the theatrics and the company wide bulletin? I am sorry but your final confrontation with Cora doesn't match the aftermath.

francemanfrancemanalmost 3 years ago

Beautiful suite.5⭐

I really like that betrayed husbands get divorced in your stories.

And that you never mention a male ego problem but a feeling of betrayal, loss of confidence, loss of respect, pain ...

On the other hand, your husbands are often holy men:

no party, no sex date, no single life ......

in fact you make them a little too perfect.

Thanks for sharing your talent.

SignedBTWSignedBTWover 2 years ago

Don't Suppose Mark

Might have skewed things just a bit to make his chart match Cora's perfectly? Naw, he is an honest person, Cora wouldn't be with him otherwise. Just like she's an honest person. So how come if he is fucking a married woman and her being that honest, married woman who just happens to be fucking a man who is not her husband in a cheap motel room can they lay claim to be these oh, so honest people? And through out all of this she believed Steve was the one who either was or would become a liar? She agonized over the destruction of her rings, not what they symbolized. You just can't fix stupid.

Hey Gail, thanks bunches for trying to get me together with Megan but not bothering to clue her in about my little problem with astrology. Two things you can be certain of; I wouldn't have had that little sit down talk with, she wanted it but I wouldn't have wasted my time and you can bet that I'd have a plan for those photos. Signed: BTW

Pjam1968Pjam1968about 2 years ago

The final is just hilarious, I loved it, I cracked my ass laughing

AspernEsslingAspernEsslingabout 2 years ago

The guy drinks Miller Lite. He deserves whatever happens to him.

NitpicNitpicalmost 2 years ago
This

This as the makings of a good story,hopefully with Cora marrying Mark her perfect match and then for him to turn out to be far from perfect.

NitpicNitpicalmost 2 years ago
Makings

Makings of a good story.Hope Cora marries Mark and he turns out to be far from perfect.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

Was she Dick Biondi's granddaughter?

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Bloody hell, someone get "Emo" Steve a "tampon" for fuck's sake!

HighBrowHighBrowover 1 year ago

Great opening plot, but the cuckhold’s recovery never interests me.

GuyfromShadesGuyfromShades12 months ago

People are so amazing Thanks for your writing.

miket0422miket042212 months ago

He nailed it. Cora was convinced from his new star chart that he wasn't a man of integrity.

Yet, her new supposed perfect match was willing to seduce a married woman. Regardless of how strongly she believes in astrology how can she possibly think Mark is a man of integrity?

sbrooks103xsbrooks103x12 months ago

"According to the fucking stars it was my honesty that was in question. You were so worried about me lying to you, but it was you who lied and schemed behind MY back;" - He stole my comment!

\

"My rings...my rings," - She's crying over her rungs when she's betrayed everything they stand for.

\

He didn't need to go to the bank to close his account, just write a check to "Cash" for the balance and use it to open a new account elsewhere.

\

If she's so sure that they're just not compatible, why does she run after him? Just let him go.

\

Not to be redundant, but if honesty is so important to her, and she believes so much in the stars, why not just divorce him and move on, why cheat?

\

I guess she deserves some credit for not trying to take part of his business.

\

Why the Hell didn't Gail warn her not to mention astrology?

AnonymousAnonymous8 months ago

He needs to tell the world about the assholes at the bank stalling him and NOT giving him HIS money in a ;prompt and efficient manner. As a person who worked for a nationally-recognized bank for over a decade, I'd quite literally have fired the VP and the manager. And a "VP" in a bank really doesn't mean what people think it does.

AnonymousAnonymous2 months ago

Seems like a decent story so far. All of your stories are well written. I am confused about why she reacted so dramatically to him smashing her rings. She was so affected by it, that she sat in a doorway naked and then went wild went her perfect match came to her aide. Seems a strange response considering she had all intentions of leaving him. She also has everyone looking for him and speeds to the bank just to tell him he'll find somebody new? Again, strange. Not a bad story though.

TrainerOfBimbosTrainerOfBimbosabout 2 months ago

I think you really screwed up with the Cora character - either she was totally on her way out of the relationship with her astrological star chart match, or she was regretting it and wanted to get back with her husband, but you tried to split it both ways and it didn't make any logical sense to us, the readers.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 month ago

These revenge cuckold stories are hard to do well.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous