It was Written in the Stars Ch. 03

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
laptopwriter
laptopwriter
3,550 Followers

***

It was a Sunday afternoon and a perfect day to go shopping at the mall; a very pregnant Megan walked beside her husband who was pushing Lindsey in the stroller. They were all smiles, talking and laughing while on their way to buy baby clothes for their new arrival; they hadn't even noticed Cora as they passed the food court; but she saw them. She watched as the proud parents walked on by; they were so happy together.

She remembered the conversations they'd had about having children when they were still married; at the time they made her so happy sometimes she thought her heart would burst; now they were just sad remnants of her childish stupidity.

Cora reached up and pulled the tears from her eyes but there were more right behind them. "Oh God how could I have been so blind," she mumbled to herself. They were now several stores down and she could only see their backs as she wondered if she would ever be that happy, would she ever find anyone who she could love like she did Steve; would life give her another chance; did she even deserve a second chance?

More tears rolled down her cheeks and she let out an inadvertent sob as she pulled a tissue from her purse. There was one thing she was sure of; if she ever did find another man; a man she could love and who would love her, she wouldn't blow it again. She would be the best, most loving wife and mother a man ever had, but what were the chances?

The End.

laptopwriter
laptopwriter
3,550 Followers