All Comments on 'It was Written in the Stars Ch. 03'

by laptopwriter

Sort by:
  • 141 Comments
AnonymousAnonymousover 10 years ago

Now that was good!!!!

Five stars!

AnonymousAnonymousover 10 years ago
Great

Cora matured, and got some solid karma to make the lesson stick. Plus love how the man she threw over got his happy ending and all she tossed aside for her 'dream guy'.

AnonymousAnonymousover 10 years ago
Um... The chances are pretty fucking good that she'll meet a good guy.

After all, she's youngish, pretty and childless. But after 4 fucking years, she wouldn't be fucking crying!!!! Seriously, no one does that. NO ONE!!!!

betrayedbylovebetrayedbyloveover 10 years ago
Excellent

Superbly written. You also took care of all loose ends. A happy ending for everyone involved. Well, almost everyone. Cora should live a very long life. Alone.

Carry on.

FullCircle56FullCircle56over 10 years ago
Excellent!! Great Story 5*s

This whole series was very very good. A little bit of everything. I am glad you didn't dwell on Cora finding happiness. She deserves everything she got. Which was nothing but heartache for being stupid. I still admit the best scene on this whole website is the ring smashing!! As I said before "Very creative". Reread it a couple of times already and will again in the future I'm sure. Looking forward to more stories from you. Thank You!!!

OneShotOneOneShotOneover 10 years ago
A well written story

Thumbs up for the dating tribulations. Most LW stories have the protagonist married to the first good looking woman he meets you at least had Steve go thru some minor trials before getting back to Megan. A thumb slightly down for Cora pining for him years after their divorce. She would have grieved and moved on by this point, that's how women are.Despite that a very good piece.

AnonymousAnonymousover 10 years ago
Panderific!

Just what the doctor ordered for the oft-cucked lollygaggers prone to prattle here. Thumbs up to your editor, perhaps they will have something less banal to edit next time.

Vulcan_in_OhioVulcan_in_Ohioover 10 years ago
Entertaining, third chapter was better than first two

It's good the author wrapped this up fairly expeditiously in this installment. Still could use some editing. Example: "There" was used in place of "their" at least once. I am going to "their" house (in the story, the author used "there" as the possessive, incorrectly). But ignoring little mistakes of this sort, it was a pretty good story and at least, the good guy wins in the end. Thanks for writing.

AnonymousAnonymousover 10 years ago
Best Revenge

As mentioned in your tale the best revenge is a life well lived. Indeed it is. I have have watched lives unfold in a very similar manner to the ones in this story. No, there was no astrology, but there was an equally stupid belief system in the mind of a young wife. Now, 25 years later, she is past her childbearing years and a regretful, bitter woman. He moved on, worked hard and was snapped up by a smart young lady who recognized him as a good man to share her love and her life with. They have three, great kids and are very happy. Stay away from the nuts. They may appear cute and "quirky" but that is not what you want in a spouse or parent. Remember there is only one game in town. Play to win.

duncmiesterduncmiesterover 10 years ago
so good

Like all your stories so far though I would prefer the one long story method as oppose to the separate chapter style you use. You do a good job of leaving me wanting more at the end of the chapter. Thanx for the stories and keep up the excellent work.

EgoTrixiEgoTrixiover 10 years ago
Absolutely well done

Going through the comments on the first two chapters, I am glad you kept up the niveau in chapter three. You have - as most comments stated - written a wonderful story that had it all. Please keep it up. This one will be in line with a handfull of stories that deserve the verdict "outstanding". Thank you.

Of course - 5*

Drbeamer3333Drbeamer3333over 10 years ago
Loved it

Absolutely amazing. After the pacing of the first two chapters I half expected a few more. There were multiple layers in this story and my only wish is that you would have gone longer. Brilliant. Excellent writing. Quickly becoming one of my favorites. Five stars.

lonewolf3307lonewolf3307over 10 years ago
Well, you certainly finished on a high note...

... Unlike so many writers of multi-part stories whose stories seem to just run out of steam and stop rather than actually end, you really delivered the goods with this one. Oh yeah, I really don't mind multi-part stories when they are delivered over three straight days. It's when they trickle in at three or four weeks or months that it becomes very annoying. Again, nice story, timely delivery, what's not to love. Good job!

JounarJounarover 10 years ago
Great stuff

Fantastic story overall with a good feel of reality about it. I did feel the Steve's concern about his ex wife over Barbara's death and moving on with her life was out of character considering how badly she hurt him tho.

Please don't ruin this with a sequel like you did with "Is it illegal" by making hubby suddenly turn into a hero, saving the day for the ex wife and them all becoming friends afterwards.

EngineCo1EngineCo1over 10 years ago
Great Job!

Very, very nice.

Thanks.

AnonymousAnonymousover 10 years ago
Predictable pablum

Royale with Cheese or an episode of Friends - rarely find anything original or unexpected in this category anymore, the imaginative authors have moved on to other less intolerant categories. 3*

AnonymousAnonymousover 10 years ago
what was different.....

was that the husband didn't just find a hot date the next day of his divorce or just after he found his wife cheating, it took some time he had to go through some rejections and one horrific date and hadn't turned into a babe magnet just bcoz of getting divorced as most protagonists of this category tend to become.also i loved the rationale that karen gave for not dating him.......that kind of experience does leave a man scarred no matter who he is....nice going ,,,,,hope u write more.

AnonymousAnonymousover 10 years ago
Five Plus

No words available to express my thoughts on your story, just - 'Beautiful' and so very realistic!

Thanks!

DepopuloDepopuloover 10 years ago

Not much to say this time besides...

5 of 5 and thanks for the read

nonethewisernonethewiserover 10 years ago
Parts really spot on

I think the best part of the story as far as realism goes was he troubles dating after divorce. Very realistic, as opposed to the creative and interesting -but not very realistic -notion of an intelligent, educated and successful banker being so into astrology that she throws away a marriage based on it.

Overall one helluva good story - thanks.

IronDragonIronDragonover 10 years ago
I called it!

That's not a bad thing. I loved how this one turned out, as it's how I would have done it. Happy endings all around except for Ex-Wifey and Asshole. They're getting what they deserved. :D

I'd give this one 20 Stars if I was able, but you'll have to settle for 5. :)

tazz317tazz317over 10 years ago
EVEN THOUGH THE STARS MAY TELL

they never compel or leave dust. TK U MLJ LV NV

AnonymousAnonymousover 10 years ago
Wonderful

Very well done - a masterpiece. Thanks

LordSlamdawggLordSlamdawggover 10 years ago
Its a Shame ;about total shamelessly, schmaltzy ending !

Because the writing before that was 5 star quality cc the narrator's sojourn in the dating wilderness inhabited by damaged souls working through their issues. This was still a worthwhile read but to get full marks the consistency has to run from start to finish.

The cheesy ending with narrator achieving total bliss in new couplehood and cheating Cora left bereft & almost whored out was fetish material for those with a BTB mindset. Only fairytales should disdain reality in such cavalier sashion at happily ever after sign off. .

Excellent work, however, by Laptop Writer as before with his creation and utilization of memorable minor characters. I especially enjoyed the waitress's lucid explanation of why she doesn't date men fresh out of a breakup. She is bound to score a better gig then 3rd shift at Denny's with that mind. **** stars

AnonymousAnonymousover 10 years ago
What were the chances ?

To answer the author's last statement Cora's chances for redemption would be slim to none. Mainly due to the excessive baggage of being an adulterer based on Astrology, and also because she was past her prime and every year that would pass made her less desirable.

In summation Cora proved again that someone who is truly ignorant of life's most important issues can easily demolish all she had that was worthwile.

LickideesplitLickideesplitover 10 years ago
Almost Great

I really loved the failed amorous attempts - a near-perfect amount of detail without going overboard on false starts. Enough to make the point about looking deeper into others than their good looks, and applying repulsive aspects of others to your own situation!

Schmaltz! LSD manages to find the perfect word AGAIN. Good Guy wins (almost) everything. (LapTop forgot Hubby's Irish Sweepstakes ticket!) Bitch loses (almost) everything. (LT forgot the inoperable hairy wart that grew on Scorpio Sweetie's nose!)

Nonetheless, gots to give

5*

rjordanrjordanover 10 years ago
Good Story

The first two chapters were interesting and it was easy to stay engaged. Then this chapter began by "knocking it out of the park". The situations and dialog during the dating scenes were exceptionally well executed. The women involved were perfect and their responses were spot on. In fact all of your characters were well developed.

Then things got kind of smarmy. In my mind I actually visualized the last scene entirely in black & white like a 1950's movie. The happy couple is dressed in their Sunday finery, wheeling their perambulator full of smiling children while Cora lurked in a doorway grumbling and blowing her nose on a wadded up tissue like Ruth Buzzi's most famous character, Gladys.

Anyway, very well done. Thanks for a story I actually looked forward to following. Looking forward to more.

looking4itlooking4itover 10 years ago
Agreeing with LSD

I thought this was a compelling read most of the way through. I was thoroughly pissed where you left the first chapter and a little by where you ended chapter, only because it was a cliffhanger moment and I didn't want a cliffhanger right then, lol. However, as I've noticed with many writers, especially in multi-chapter stories, when the light at the end of the tunnel appears there seems to be a let down in style and momentum. Even though this is the longest of the chapters I felt it had the least to offer beyond the conclusion. I do have to agree with some of the others commending you on a natural revulsion to dating and relationships after a divorce, especially a hurtful one. I won't go 5* like some because the last chapter was very disappointing but definitely worth 4 for the above average writing and the insidious cliffhanging moments in the first two chapters.

AnonymousAnonymousover 10 years ago
Lordslamdawg is correct

5* up to the ending. Last chapter gets a 4* mainly on the strength of earlier writing. It's OK to write a happy ending for the husband although total bliss stretches believability.

However, unless you're just sucking up to the BTB crowd, depicting the ex as miserable and with little hope for the future is unnecessary and almost childish. She's young, pretty and highly likely to find another husband and do it right next time.

Despite the wishful thinking of the pathetic set, his happiness does not require her sadness. In any event, if you're truly attempting to make them happy, just making her sad wont do it; they need torture and death in excruciating pain to feed their emptiness.

Writing is still good. Except for the unnecessary layer of revenge at the end, all is well.

john1946john1946over 10 years ago
ok

The 5 is for the whole story. It was well written and strong. The ending.......a bit weak....overall a good story and a fun read. Thanks.

AnonymousAnonymousover 10 years ago
This was a fun read.

Thanks for your efforts in writing it and sharing it with us.

AnonymousAnonymousover 10 years ago
lordslamdawg nailed it

well written overall with an ending meant to suck up to the closeted cuckold fetish crowd. still worthy of 4 stars

MattblackUKMattblackUKover 10 years ago
A true 5* read

The ending was well-realised.

Thanks. Now we have to wait for your next story...

AnonymousAnonymousover 10 years ago
It wasn't good. It wasn't bad. It just ... was.

It was a little too convenient that Mark was such an asshole. It was a little too convenient that he wound up with the first woman he met. It was a little too convenient that every other woman had, well, issues. It was a little too convenient that Cora came to her senses just a little too late.

<P>

I liked it that there wasn't a forced reconciliation, but the rest is just was ... meh. It was okay, and that's about the extent of it.

AnonymousAnonymousover 10 years ago
It IS Written for Five Stars

Bueno.

AnonymousAnonymousover 10 years ago
Ofcourse it was good

Too convient my foot .... Lol ... Ur ready to assume his first wife cheated on him no problem ... Just accept the rest if your going to be a critic do it about something that isn't just pure opinion like say spelling errors ;) but its a great story ... Nothing bad about it know plenty of guys who got divorced and married the first woman they met after u can start with this guy right here :) sooo and it was convient thanks

AnonymousAnonymousover 10 years ago
Best story in a long Damn time!

Thanks for showing us how it can be done. *****

AnonymousAnonymousover 10 years ago
Your story

I liked it. It held my interest. I didn't get bored and was a little anxious for the following chapter(s). It was a little predictable in places and as one person wrote a bit too stridently I think, convenient in some of the attempts at relationships. But what the heck, you kept my attention, not an easy thing to pull off. So I would say well done. I hope you continue to hone your writing skills, I will be on the lookout for future contributions.

cpetecpeteover 10 years ago

As others have said -the details of his dating follies were spot on. The "stars" angle was a new reason for cheating, so kudos for something different.

Well done, good characters, thanks for posting

tazz317tazz317over 10 years ago
#2 WHEN WE ALL COME TO GRIPS WITH A BTB ATTITUDE

and rethink out positions sometimes all is well and confirmed. TK U MLJ LV NV

chilleywilleychilleywilleyover 10 years ago
Decent tale

Dalton was too sweet, almost child like with no tough decisions, no business troubles. row row your boat gently down the stream...The business stuff was so simplistic as to be fantasy. I too liked the unsuccessful dating attempts, but Megan throwing herself at him and Dalton dumb enough to hire her, man, don't fuck the help. So it was all so sweet, not gritty in the least, and grit is what I like.

Got a good score, so maybe it's just me.

overthehillmedicoverthehillmedicover 10 years ago
Best story of this year

It is a great story from the airgeaded first wife to the the ending at the mall where she got to see what she gave up for some stray cock. It is funny to me why they think that affairs are great to have right up to the time they are cought. They never act normal once they deside to stray, they just act and look differnt. Hard to miss.

ChagrinedChagrinedover 10 years ago
5 Stars!

It is not often I can give out five stars, but this score was written in the stars! An excellent job and great alternative to the BTB. This was excellent! Laptop, you care going to have to work to equal this one!

Very Best Regards,

C

DunaDunaover 10 years ago
A good Romantic Revenge Story

To the revenge story haters. THIS STORY IS REVENGE STORY TOO AND A CHEATING WIFE ROMANTIC REVENGE STORY IS ALWAYS BTB STORY! The revenge stories are not only the cruel revenge stories, not to sell cheating wives to Central American Whorehose stories. The Romantic Revenge is same BTB as a Modern Figaro Type Revenge Story too. What is it like the Romantic Revenge weapons. To live better IS NOT ROMANTIC REVENGE. The Romantic Revenge is when the cheating ex wife knows her ex is live better and she gets this information in a shock..................This is same BTB, as a Central American Whorehouse........

The story Have two Romantic Revenge weapons:

1. When Cora came to the studio to confess she did not believe in the Astrology and to hope a reconcilation.

2. The Mall scen with the baby and the pregnant Megan.

AnonymousAnonymousover 10 years ago
Astrology worked after all?

Didn't the cheating wife predict this accurately? Her husband did something to end their marriage, he caught her cheating. How dare he! She found her perfect mate, too, after all who did she deserve, the loyal husband or the rat with the perfect match chart? Chalk one up for astrology, I say!

AnonymousAnonymousover 10 years ago
Good story

But the punctuation was poorly executed; the constant overuse of a certain punctuation mark was grievous; misuse of punctuation made the story hard to get through; your future stories could benefit from the services of a good editor. Hopefully, enough said.

artykay63artykay63over 10 years ago
excellent

well thought out and excecuted.

bruce22bruce22over 10 years ago
Fine entertaining Story

Obviously anything that is posted in LW will be full of echoes. In this case the plot motivators were a bit different and there are a lot of fascinating cameos. I especially like the scenes with Karen the waitress. The idea of Megan being in love with him before he even met her is fascinating even if unlikely to really occur.

Five stars...

searching0240searching0240over 10 years ago
Unbelievable

First...,

Oriental?????

The author absolutely must be a white male in his 50's or older.

2nd...,

Christians believe in this magical being, who is omnipotent, and omniscient, and who shows his love by allowing his acolytes to do horrible things to innocent people. Astrology is ridiculous. But all other religions are equally ridiculous.

Other than the racism and religious bigotry, it was an entertaining story.

Robert

IronDragonIronDragonover 10 years ago
"Unbelievable"

@searching0240

Yeah, Christians do believe in God. It's the Atheists that are the reason the moral compass in this country is going downhill fast.

Me? I'm a dyslexic agnostic insomniac. I stay up all night, contemplating the possible existence of a Dog.

This is still a 5 Star read.

phil2213phil2213over 10 years ago
Incredible story with love lost and new love...very rich and entertaining.

This wasn't a fun story but it had drama emotion pain and hope and finally lover's bliss. The story as tight well constructed and flowed nicely. I enjoyed the characters especially the main ones. I felt sorry for Cora. The follies of youth and poor judgment ruined their marriage. Her sadness at the end was a mixed bag of sorts, while on the one hand she deserved punishment for treating her poor husband badly and then I felt sorry for her. I guess she was fortunate to realize the error of her ways so she has an opportunity to move forward. Living well is the best revenge! Thanks for your effort!

TavadelphinTavadelphinabout 10 years ago
I liked it a lot -

The use of the Astrology charting was a priceless gimmick - she believed in a fantasy and ruined her life over it - she felt this non-science was better than her own life as it was - right in front of her eyes. Well close but then again - not even.

Nicely written and as for the fairly tale ending for all involved including Karen 0- well fine you tied up all those loose ends people scream about - not required but just fine LOL

ACP45ACP45about 10 years ago
Cora was right about one thing

Cora was absolutely right about Mark being her perfect mate. Both of them were made for each other – lying cheats with no concern about naive concepts such as honor, integrity and marriage vows made before God, family and friends.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 10 years ago
Damn, that was good! 5*****

Thanks for writing. tom anon

P.S. I'm a good guy who could make Cora a happy woman. Can you fix us up? I'm an Aquari...oh shit--forget it.

Thanks again, your work is giving me a lot of entertainment.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 10 years ago
Mindless garbage !

1 Star !!!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 10 years ago
and dear annony. You must be an ass hole

gave it a 5! Just to piss you off

bonnietaylorbonnietaylorabout 10 years ago
Gutless????? This from a ass hole who won't

use his/her name. Dear Annony!! You are such a fuck bubble and you have no idea of the definition of gutless, When you look it up, your face appears in the definition.

urbane500urbane500almost 10 years ago
Not too impressive

Your negative comments on a submission attracted my attention so I read some of yours. I was taken aback by the length and pointless content. Good composition but fails in the erotic department.

You might gain some insights by reading Quinn Rogan's material. Top notch!

Here's his address -- http://www.literotica.com/stories/memberpage.php?uid=35760&page=submissions

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 10 years ago
A 5 star story

I too do not understand the negative comments? I often find myself watching Dr. Phil and have to listen to babbling couples explain away why they cheat and divorce. Its simple, her views of her life and family, home and marriage were different. Cora broke her own vows, oath, trust or bond even pledge. Nobody not even the stars are to blame. even in her despair upon witnessing her wedding ring being smashed, the symbol or circle of a bond in marriage, Cora never fought to reclaim their marriage. Instead she continued her relationship with a man that as she put it was never in the stars. The ending however shows me, Cora might not be a stalker now, but soon will be. Seen Megan now pregnant and with another child by her EX, will and have pushed her over the edge. In reality I would be fearful of Cora for fear she would do harm to Megan, having children and Cora now being single slowly losing time to have children will make her do crazy things. I am glad this is fiction, or hope it is.

DjshengDjshengalmost 10 years ago
Great read

I saw some negative comments about negative comments. I think that everyone should be allowed their own opinion and if they didn't like the story, then they didn't like the story. Big deal it's not the end of the world and it's not like it stopped you from enjoying the story. Either way, this story was a great read and I agree with the guy who said Cora and Mark belong together because they're both scumbags haha, good one!

PhotoproffPhotoproffalmost 10 years ago
The wedding ring.

I was fine until Megan placed her fathers ring on Steven's finger. Isn't it human, how some little insignificant sentence can cause one to tear up. Great story.

tazz317tazz317almost 10 years ago
THE CHANCES ARE FOR EVER THE SAME

what she needs is opportunity. TK U MLJ LV NV

OnethirdOnethirdalmost 10 years ago
Very nice all around

Really great story, with good balance. If you are with someone who has a really different world view, that's trouble that you usually can't paint over. Someone who is gullible enough to think that the stars and planets determine your life has a serious problem, the old "have an open mind, but not so open that you brains fall out" problem. When she came to him after being caught and apologized but still said it was in the stars I think I would have strangled her just a little. Anyhow, a nice resolution and happy ending.

AmbivalenceAmbivalenceover 9 years ago
How stupid could she possibly be...?

Her starting an affair, especially with the intent of eventually being with the guy permanently, and changing the way she treated her spouse for an act he had yet to commit all because "the stars said to" is as stupid as taking a stranger's word for something that will be life altering.

If a stranger said your spouse were cheating you'd like to think you'd at least look into it before deciding to just shoot them...

And the fact she had YEARS of seeing how he was to build her thoughts upon and then to just brush all of that aside for stars...?

Geese, woman, get a mind of your own...

Good read about stupid obsession.

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
The Stars

I wonder why Cora didn't 'see' her future in the stars??

Great story - keep 'm coming.

loveoverlustloveoverlustabout 9 years ago

Do not ridicule the TRUTH of religion,for the foolishness of its followers.

Never teach medicine to a fool.He will turn out to be a charlatan.

All the knowledge on earth cannot redeem a fool.

Yep,you guessed it right,I'm talking about Cora & Astrology,of course.

sugnasugnaalmost 9 years ago
Well Written, Good Plot

Easy to read without tripping over the writing, good realistic, believable plot. Almost too realistic. A lot of the potential dramatic tension was sacrificed to the main characters' calm, cool headed approach to his situation. The writing kept the story flowing but not enough was made of him finding new love in his life. We needed that moment where he realized that it was not astrology (flaky as it is) that was the problem. It was Cora. Cheating is always a matter of character. The problem was HER, not some crackpot superstitious hokum. If Mark had been her "perfect mate", if she really believed that; then a conversation, followed by a divorce prior to cheating would have sufficed. In fact, she simply was into the romance of cheating and being the center of intense attention. She was living her fantasy and her husband was going to pay the bill for it. What should have been brought home more was the value of love and family. More about the relationship of him and his second wife, more about them and their kids. That is what life is all about. It would have been nice if it had ended with him realizing that Cora had never really been his wife, she was just playing a game. They were married in name only. It would have been nice for him to reach a place of total indifference to her in the realization that she really was nobody to him, or anyone else.

sbrooks103sbrooks103almost 9 years ago
Thoughts

“they both started coming back to the meetings” – Sure, once they no longer needed the meetings to cover for their cheating they could go again.

“Karen told me I'd better tell you how I feel or I could lose you." – LOL, TELL him, you didn’t have to seduce him!

As for Cora, as long as it wasn't with Mark, I guess she's done her penance, and I wish her well.

sbrooks103sbrooks103almost 9 years ago
Ring Smashing

While I agree that it was a nice dramatic touch, rings, especially engagement rings are expensive! He should have sold them better!

I also agree with the comments about him NOT immediately getting a hot babe, and how he had to work through his grief over the end of his marriage. And Karen, as much as she wanted him, having the common sense not to jump into a relationship that he wasn't ready for, and getting HER good man in the end.

sbrooks103sbrooks103almost 9 years ago
Cora

I disagree with those who want her to live a lonely, miserable life.

Unlike most of the cheaters here, she didn't cheat out of malice, or selfishness, but out of foolishness, which she has paid for and regrets deeply.

She has learned her lesson, and as long as she works for it, she deserves it.

sbrooks103sbrooks103almost 9 years ago
Other Thoughts

Astrology Worked? NO! Astrology said that he lacked integrity and would lie to her, he never lied to her, SHE was the one who lied and cheated!

Re: Religion – I’m a Militant Agnostic – I don’t know, and YOU don’t either!

icebreadicebreadalmost 9 years ago
Yep another one..

A good story thank you.

sbrooks103sbrooks103over 8 years ago
Jeanette

The problem with Jeanette was similar to the problem in “But, Honey, It Was Just A Dance”. If the other guy doesn’t have enough class to ask the escort’s permission before asking the lady to dance, SHE should turn to her date and ask him HERSELF, not simply go off with the other guy!

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago
Good

I love your story writing I love how it's just not about sex also love the characters and the story line. Can't wait to read more of your work

JudyLeeJudyLeeover 8 years ago
Stupid should be painful.

I dabbled in astrology and tarot when I was much younger, but I have grown out of that phase of my life. It's so easy to let the stars or the cards make your decisions for you. I do hope that Cora finds happiness someday. If mistakes are made but lessons learned, the experience can make one stronger. JudyLee

Drbeamer3333Drbeamer3333about 8 years ago
Second time through...

A five star effort. Certainly an interesting premise.

Pappy7Pappy7almost 8 years ago
Not a bad story. I bet there

are multitudinous people who want the main decisions of their lives taken away from them. So they turn to things like astrology to use a formulaic approach to their lives. If they like it and it works for them, their outlook, let them do it. I do however disagree with the idea that her cheating was better than other cheating because she wasn't malicious about it. Doesn't matter what the reason's for cheating it is wrong and should call for some form of retribution. She set out to cheat and did, even if she had tripped and fallen on the other guy's dick, it was adultery. So I call bullshit on excused cheating, can't happen. Sad thing is, people like her look just like real people and appear to be normally intelligent. Can't really tell that they have a malfunction at times. If she didn't love her husband and he wasn't the one for her she should have divorced him and moved on, no excuse to do it like she did. As for the waitress, I would image that so hard on the heels of his betrayal when she looked into his eyes all she could see were the bowels of hell. A good thing to stay away from and keep your child away from. She knew he was a nice guy, he was just too damaged at that time. All's well that ends well. Hooty-hoo

georgelittle2000georgelittle2000over 7 years ago
Great!

Awesome story!

His frustration and sadness is almost palpable. Besides, how do you fight against someone's convictions, even if they're that silly?

I hope you continue writing that kind of stories

rightbankrightbankover 7 years ago
I liked most of the ending

But I wish the story had finished on a happy note after the wedding instead of going negative with the bit about Cora.

Ib_SaysIb_Saysover 7 years ago

It think it should have ended with us seeing Steve and Megan happy together, the bit with Cora just turned the end into a bit of a downer.

DoctimeDoctimealmost 7 years ago

I have to agree. We did not need to revisit Cora. Sometimes it is hard to know when to stop. However that is what editors are for.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 7 years ago
Very well done

I thought the ending was very good. The entire story was excellent. Thank you

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 7 years ago
Sch good writing, with only a couple of burps:

"Megan road with me, Erica and Jean drove together, …"

"We sat and watched from the large rocks as bright yellow moon beans danced on top of the black water."

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
Wine and Whines

Quite a bit too much preaching for this reader's taste. And why the breathless feminine crying fits from the protagonist? It's unnecessary, unless of course the man is wearing pantyhose.

But it's the hook of this tale, the title and the related subject matter, that falls completely flat. Really flat. Like Bonneville Salt Flats flat. A complete non-starter with no depth whatsoever. It quickly devolved into something pathological on the part of this writer and the protagonist. There is nothing in this man's character or person with which to sympathize. He is a dolt. A joe camel with a low brow, pedestrian attitude.

Astrology in the modern day is the dried husk of a former vital way of understanding the universe, something that could be called Astrosophy. But even in its current degraded condition it is quite a bit more creative than drooling football watchers and nutless, pathetic, political dupes mindlessly consuming their one-dimensional media verities.

The constant fist pounding and breast beating of this loser protagonist is a huge fail. It would seem, though, that he makes out in the end. But why should all three or four women shamelessly kiss his ass? That doesn't make for good reading.

tazz317tazz317about 6 years ago
THE TRANSFORMATION IS COMPLETE

all the way to the sellers remorse and regret, TK U MLJ LV NV

FD45FD45about 6 years ago
You know what would have made this perfect?

A scene where Megan visits that Old Woman in the Woods, paying her off for doing the Tarot Cards which lead her to Steve...and maybe that little love potion she mixed in when she was sent out to lunch. Obviously Astrology is bunk but Tarot....

It would have been ironically fitting.

NexttimeroundNexttimeroundabout 6 years ago
Nicely written

with plenty of character development and coherent scene development. Well done. I was keen to read right through.

Cliche ending? Well why not.

danoctoberdanoctoberabout 6 years ago
Very Nice!

Simply a wonderful story with all the elements of a good LW's story. *****

etchiboyetchiboyalmost 6 years ago
Another Literotica classic. I think I finally figured out why...

... this and a few other of LTW's stories I consider thus. Not only are they technically well written, have good dialogue, and character development and stays relatively focused (as do most of the other great writers here), but also have interesting, or unusual singular elements (in this case the smashing of the rings), AND also a unique or unusual main twist within the story (not just a "twist" in the end). In this case it's the astrology aspect. Combine the 4 or 5 (or 6) elements and you get a classic.

I've given many stories on Litererotica 4-stars (or 4.5-stars if it were possible), but the 5th star has to have all the above, at least to a certain extent.

26thNC26thNCover 5 years ago
Another

Another great story by one of the best in Lit.

tazz317tazz317over 5 years ago
ONE BAD...ABOUT THE STAR WRITINGS

whatever is there its the viewer who interpets, TK U MLJ LV NV

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
Another 5 * Story

I have read about how much faith women put in horoscopes, women's magazine questions such as "Do You Have a Happy Marriage?" This story bears witness to my thoughts. This is not to disparage women (which I love all of them), but shows how easy people can be swayed from that which they believe to be true. Many stories here relate to how divorced people sway others to join them in their so called love feasts by their one night stands. We are in year 52 of our marriage... bumps, pot holes, you bet, recover, double you bet.

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
Your quite the romantic. That's a very good thing.

Your quite the romantic. That's a very good thing.

dark2donut2dark2donut2over 5 years ago
Good idea, decent start

and then a cliche ending. Well at least the main hero is the man of the highest possible virtue. Thank god we did not get more chauvinistic proselytizing which is usually the main game in these semi-BTB stories.

I love when one refers to "models" as "hard-working girls". :-)

PowersworderPowersworderover 5 years ago

What a great story! Steve was actually very lucky to divorce the crazy slut before they had any children. Cora freaking out about her husband supposedly lacking integrity, then her going on to have an affair proved what a loon she was.

Ironically, Cora and Mark were a perfect match. Both of them were pieces of shit, so they were well suited together.

Like the comments below said, the final few paragraphs with Cora were unnecessary. Her crawling back to Steve to tell him her tale of woe, only to find out he'd upgraded and moved on was enough. Cora crying her eyes out as she left in misery was a fitting end for the appalling way she treated her loving husband.

Rhinoman1951Rhinoman1951about 5 years ago
About the dance request. ..

Sbrooks was almost a like mind when he said if his date was asked to dance by a man before he asked Sbrooks if it was OK with him, she should ask Sbrooks herself, implying that would make it right. Personally, in that instance, I would tell her to go ahead and dance so she wouldn't be lonely after I was gone! Any woman who would dance with a man that rude would have no appeal to me. Her only appropriate response should be an immediate and emphatic &quot;No.&quot;

AnonymousAnonymousabout 5 years ago
Chicago to Peoria

The story did a great job of holding my attention from start to finish.

I am from Chicago and ended up in Peoria.

I found this story to have some similarities to my own experiences.

I'm old school and a true Romantic.

Very good job but yes a bit scary to some of the similarities of my own experiences.

Ocker51Ocker51about 5 years ago
Loved It

Worth 5 stars and more ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 5 years ago
***** minus * = ****

Subtracting one star for refusing to listen to phone messages. That robs the story of significant content.

ChagrinedChagrinedover 4 years ago
Well done!!!

Nothing much to say after that!

12
Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous