It's Always Been You

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

"Look, Mark," she smiled, "I was going to cook something anyway so, don't even think about saying no."

"Okay," I relented smiling, "You win, Abbey, thank you."

"You're welcome," she sweetly grinned, "Now; make yourself at home while I go take a quick shower."

~~~~~~

When Abbey returned from taking her shower, she wasn't wearing any make-up and while it was obvious that she'd only towel dried her hair; it fell wild about her head, giving her a sensuous untamed look. She was wearing just a pair of shorts with a tee shirt which made it obvious that her beautiful full; round breasts lay unfettered beneath it.

I couldn't keep my eyes off of her, and at one point she unintentionally made it obvious that she was aware of it, but this was something that I'm quite sure I wasn't supposed to know so, I acted accordingly. She sat down next me on her couch and began combing her dark mane out, still drying it in places with the towel she'd brought with her, and said, "Do you like Teriyaki Chicken?"

"I sure do," I smiled, "It's one of my favorites."

"That's good," she mischievously giggled, "Because I'm making spaghetti," and then she began to girlishly laugh, reminding me of our younger days when she and Taylor would get me into trouble with Mom.

"Some things never change," I laughed.

"Why Mark," she replied, feigning innocence, "What do you mean?"

"You know exactly what I mean," I teased, "You're still a brat."

"Whatever," she giggled, "Are you gonna help me?"

"No," I continued teasing, "I figured that I'd sit on my ass and let you do all the work."

"Get your lazy ass up," she laughed, "You can cut up the vegetables while I cook the chicken."

"I thought we were having spaghetti," I chuckled, "Damn, woman, make up your mind."

"You were the one who said I was a brat," she giggled again; "I just thought I'd act like one, that's all."

~~~~~~

Dinner was great, and while we ate, I got to sit and actually talk to Abbey for the first time with no distractions. She was very knowledgeable, about a great many things, and it was then that I began to look at her as an equal as opposed to just being one of my little sister's friends from long ago. Being away from home had matured her in a way which, had we not practically grown up together and knew one another, I would've never recognized.

Yes, she had certainly become more beautiful than any woman I had ever seen, but I guess because of the training she'd undergone in college, she seemed much older and wiser than her years, suddenly becoming that much more attractive to me.

~~~~~~

As I drove home from Abbey's house that night, I thought about everything that had taken place that day. I was still reeling from the way she had handled those two assholes that we'd encountered earlier, but now there was something about her that I couldn't quite put my finger on, nor could I get enough of, and the trouble was......I wanted more.

"Damn," I said aloud, "What're you doing, Mark?"

~~~~~~

The moment I pulled into my driveway I could tell that something was amiss. Every light in my house was on, and the front door was standing wide open. I put my truck in park, left the engine running, and then reached into my glove compartment and retrieved my father's old U.S. Navy issue, Colt .45 automatic pistol. And after chambering a round, I got out of my truck and quickly made my way to the house.

~~~~~~

I was relieved to find that there was no one there, but whoever had been there had completely ransacked the place. I could tell that it wasn't a common thief who'd broken into my house, because too many things, like my stereo, television and other valuables had gone untouched. No, whomever it was that had broken in was searching for something specific, and I knew what that something was. However, before I touched anything else, I called not only the police, but I called my sister as well.

~~~~~~

"Oh my God, Mark," Taylor gasped, at the sight of my trashed home, "What the hell happened?"

"The police should be here in a few minutes," I replied, in a hushed tone of voice, "We'll talk about it after they're gone."

~~~~~~

The police came and took my statement while the Crime Scene Investigators did their jobs. They collected finger prints, samples of dirt that had apparently been tracked in by the intruder, and various and sundry samples of everything. They even swept the carpet for hair fibers. It was really pretty neat to watch these people work, or at least I thought so. Once everything had been done that was necessary, I gave the police my contact information and they informed me that I would be hearing from them after the CSI had run the samples they took.

~~~~~~

"Do you wanna tell me what the hell is going on, Mark?" Taylor asked, at the first given opportunity.

"Okay, here it is," I began, "Do you remember when Kerrie and I went to Jamaica the year before I caught her fucking the neighbor kid?"

"Of course, I do," she smiled, "You bought me that beautiful pearl necklace while you two were down there."

"Well, I went SCUBA diving while Kerrie spent the morning in the hotel spa, "I told her, "It was our gift to one another."

"Dammit, Mark," Taylor disgustedly laughed, "I don't wanna talk about that whore so; get on with the damn story."

"Okay," I chuckled, "Anyway, I saw something reflecting the sun from the ocean floor while I was diving. And when I went to check it out; I found a small gold box buried in the sand and lodged against the bottom of a large brain coral. It was pure luck that I found it, but the thing is, I didn't tell anyone on the dive boat about because I knew that I would have to turn it in to the Jamaican Government, or probably pay a very heavy tax just to get it out of the country.

"Holy shit, Mark" Taylor gasped, "You mean you smuggled it out? You could've gotten into big trouble if you'd been caught, you dumb fucker."

"Who're you calling a fucker?" I teased, "Besides, that's not the half of it. When I got the box home and was cleaning it, it popped open and inside of it were three gold coins, Spanish Pieces of Eight."

"Really," Taylor gasped, "Is that stuff worth anything?"

"That's the thing," I grinned, "I did some research and I found out that in seventeen thirty-two; King Phillip of Spain had three particular coins minted, which were basically prototypes, and after his approval, would be mass minted and then circulated into Spain to be to be proclaimed as His Majesty's gift to his people."

"And I can only imagine that you told your slutty ex-wife about it," she accusingly said, "Didn't you?"

"Well, of course I did," I sheepishly replied, "That's back when I thought I could trust her. Besides, she never really cared about that shit anyway."

"Well, it seems that someone is interested now," she venomously replied, "And I'm willing to bet that it's more than likely Kerrie, that fucking cunt."

"Damn, girl," I laughed, "Why don't you tell us how you really feel?"

"I never liked her, Mark," Taylor replied, her eyes beginning to fill with tears.

"Taylor," I gently asked, beginning to feel like shit because I felt I'd some how hurt her, "Why didn't you ever say anything?"

"Because," she openly cried, "I knew that you were happy, and I didn't want to sound like some kind of whiny little wimp."

"Don't cry, sweetie," I said, as I pulled her into my arms, "I only wished that you'd said something. You're my family and we've always trusted one another, haven't we?"

"Yes," came her muffled cry.

"Alright then," I smiled, holding her at arms length as I wiped away her tears with the palm of my hand, "No more secrets between us from now on, okay, little sister?"

"Okay," she smiled, "I'm sorry, Mark."

"It's alright, sweetie," I gently soothed, "There's nothing to be sorry for, okay?"

~~~~~~

"Who's responsible for this?" Abbey asked, as she and Taylor helped me clean up the mess left in the wake of the intruders who'd ransacked my home that night

"That whore he was married to," Taylor spat, "I am so gonna kick her ass the next time I see her."

"I heard that," Abbey laughed, "Save some for me, Taylor."

"Now wait a minute," I said, "We don't have any proof that she was responsible for this, you two."

"Oh come on, Mark," Taylor impatiently replied, "You said so yourself that she....."

"I said that I wasn't sure," I interrupted, "So I don't want you to go getting worked up over this. Besides, you could end up getting hurt, and then I would end up in prison."

"What you mean, you'd end up in prison?" Taylor asked.

"Because I'll fucking kill anyone that hurts you," I coldly replied.

~~~~~~

Chapter Four

"We found a few smudges, but that's about it," said Sergeant Ross, the responding officer who'd been at my house after the break-in, "This was done by a professional."

"So," I pointedly asked, "What am I supposed to do when whoever it was that broke into my house comes back?"

"Do you own a gun, Mister Albertson?"

"No," I replied, "Why?"

"You didn't hear me say this," he replied, leaning in secretively, "But in this state, if you shoot and/or kill an intruder during a home invasion, as long as the body is still in your house when we get there, then it would be considered a case of self defense."

~~~~~~

After I left the police station, I drove back home. I wasn't about to buy a gun, nor could I shoot anyone even if I did, besides; I already had Dad's, and also, I sure as hell didn't want that kind of thing on my conscience. Things were getting bad enough in the world as it was and I didn't need any more complications in my life than I already had. And as far as my ex-wife was concerned, I knew she was dumb bitch, but I didn't think she was that crazy. Little did I know what would unfold in the coming weeks?

~~~~~~

Hi, Mark," Taylor said, when I answered the phone.

"Oh, hey sis," I smiled, "The sergeant I talked to said that they didn't find anything other than some smudges here and there, nothing they could use."

"Dammit," she replied, "Well maybe whoever it was won't come back, especially since they didn't find anything."

"Maybe," I replied, "Let's hope so anyway."

"Listen," she said, "I'm having some friends over for a pool party this afternoon, and I was wondering if you'd like to come? I'm even having it catered so that you won't have to cook...Please Mark?"

"Hell," I relented, "Alright, Taylor, what time?"

My sister began giggling like she always does when she's being a smart ass and said, "In about an hour or so...bye."

~~~~~~

"It's about time you got here," Taylor grinned, when I arrived at her house, the party in full swing, "I thought I was going to have to send out a search party to come and get you."

"Hush, girl," I smiled, "I'm not late and you know it, smart ass."

"Come on in, then," she replied, "Did you bring your swim suit?"

"I'm not going to swim," I laughed, "I'd rather eat and drink the beer that I know you have plenty of."

"Uh huh, that's what I thought," she said, reaching into the front hall closet and retrieving a Wal-Mart bag, then handing it to me, "Here, I knew you weren't gonna bring some shorts so; I got Abbey to stop on her way over and get you a pair. Now go get changed or go back home."

"So," I teased, "It's gonna be like that, huh?"

"Come on, Mark," she crossly replied, "Don't be such an asshole. Lighten up and have some fun, okay?"

As I took my pants off to reveal my shorts, I laughed and said, "I was planning on going swimming. I just like yanking your chain."

"You fucker," she laughed, "Why do you do that?"

"For the same reason a dog licks his dick," I paused for effect, "Because he can," and then laughed my ass off.

"Fuck you, Mark," she laughed, "The beer's in the cooler outside."

~~~~~~

I was sitting outside talking to some mutual friends of mine and Taylor's, having a blast of a time. The food was very good and I thought it couldn't get any better until.....

"Hello, Mark," said a familiar female voice behind me, making me turn around.

My mouth went dry and I thought I heard my heart skip a beat, when there before me, stood the most beautiful thing I'd ever seen in my life. Abbey was wearing a dark blue bikini which wasn't skimpy, but it was more like a second skin and it looked extremely good on her. Her hypnotically blue eyes were dancing like candles as her shiny long dark mane flowed all down her beautifully bare shoulders.

I never knew that her breasts were as big and round as they apparently were, and I suddenly wanted to eat off of her flat beautiful stomach. But the way her bottoms hugged her tight but very muscular ass sparked a tingling in my groin that I hadn't felt in too many years.

"Hi, Abbey," I smiled, as she took a seat next to me, "Wow, you look great."

"Thank you," she sweetly replied, "I'm glad you think so."

"Have you eaten yet?" I nervously asked, "The food's pretty good."

"I was gonna get in the water first," she smiled, batting her eyes at me while turning my stomach to jelly, "Care to join me?"

~~~~~~

"Taylor told me what you did," Abby giggled, while we were floated in the pool, "I thought it was funny as hell."

"What are you talking about?" I asked.

"I was talking about when you got here, with your swim shorts on under your pants," she grinned, "Taylor got all pissy when I laughed about it."

"Oh that," I laughed, "Yeah, well, like I told Taylor, I love yanking her chain."

"I was wondering if I could ask you something." Abbey inquired, "It's kind of personal so, you can tell me that it's none of my business if you want to."

"What is it?" I smiled, "What do you want to know?"

"Well," she shyly began, "I wondering if you've ever thought about maybe trying to find somebody new, someone who can make you happy?"

"I don't know, Abbey," I replied, knowing where she was going with this and being a little intrigued, believe it or not, "The last conversation I had with my ex-wife proved to me that she was a lying, manipulating bitch."

"So, you're saying that you're over her then," Abbey inquired, "And that maybe you're ready to move on."

"Yeah," I nodded, "I guess so."

Because we had both been lying facedown on two separate floats while we talked, Abbey pulled my float towards hers until we were face to face, mere inches between us. Then gently touching my face, she smiled, and in a near whisper, said, "We're not all bad, Mark. I would never hurt you, not ever."

"I know, Abbey," I softly replied, "I know."

The tender moment we were sharing was suddenly interrupted by the loud squeal of my sister as she'd tried to throw her fiancé, Travis, into the water, and ended up with him taking her with him as they both fell together.

Abbey and I both were laughing our asses off, as was Travis, when Taylor emerged from beneath the water, sputtering and yelling loud obscenities at us.

"Stop laughing, you fuckers," she playfully spat, "That wasn't funny."

"Yes it was, baby," Travis laughed, "You should've seen the look on your face."

Then she looked over at Abbey and irritably replied, "Men are such cocksuckers, aren't they?"

"No," I smirked, "I believe that's a woman's job."

When Travis laughed and said, "Oh, hell yeah, Mark," it was the last thing I heard before Taylor and Abbey both tackled me, dunking me beneath the water to chastise me for the crude remark.

~~~~~~

After everyone else had gone there were only Taylor, Travis, Abbey and I left sitting on the back patio watching the sun setting into the western horizon.

"I think everyone had a great time today," Taylor proudly smiled, "What do you guys think?"

"I thought it was great, sweetheart," Travis smiled, placing his arm around Taylor's waist and tenderly kissing her cheek, "And I heard more than a few people talking about what a nice time they had when they were leaving this afternoon."

"I don't know about you guys," I smiled, stretching out on the double Chais lounge beside Abbey, "But I really love this time of the evening."

"You're right, Mark," Taylor replied, looking dreamily into Travis' eyes, "I know what would be perfect right now," and with that said, she quickly disappeared into the house.

"Where's she going?" I asked.

"That's what I love so much about her," chuckled Travis, "I never know what she's gonna do next."

Suddenly the sound of David Gates and "Bread" began to gently flow from the stereo system, and Taylor returned with a tray containing a bottle of brandy with four snifters.

"Here's something that will warm us all from the inside out," my sister giggled. After filling all four snifters and handing them out as she poured them, she raised her glass and said, "Here's to the three people that I love the most," then took a sip of the amber nectar therein.

After we'd all taken the first sip, Taylor set her glass down, turned to Travis, and then taking his hand, smiled and purred, "Come dance with me, baby."

"You've got it, darlin," Travis grinned, as he and Taylor began to gently sway to the music, making smile because my little sister had someone to love and be loved by.

"It's good to see you smile," Abbey said, breaking me from my reverie.

"Oh," I said, regaining my composure, "I didn't realize that I was."

"Well that doesn't mean you should stop either," she softly giggled, "It's alright to be happy, silly boy."

It was then that I began to realized that, while I might not be totally happy, I was content with the direction my life had taken, very content.

"Would you like to dance with me, Mark?" Abbey shyly asked.

"Why sure," I smiled, offering her my arm to help her up as I stood, "I think that would be nice."

~~~~~~

The song, "Everything I Own", was playing, and as we danced together, Abbey gently pressed her body, now covered by the long tee shirt she wore over her bikini, firmly against mine, and softly laid her head on my shoulder.

I feared her when she hugged me like this a couple of months earlier, but now it suddenly began to feel like I was right where I was supposed to be; and for reasons unknown to me at the time, I wrapped my arms around her, firmly but gently holding her against me.

"It's about time," Taylor giggled, "She's only been waiting to dance with you since she and I were thirteen, Mark."

"Dammit, Taylor," Abbey angrily said, "Will you please shut the fuck up?"

"Chill out, Abbs," Taylor smiled, "My brother likes you, I can tell."

"Son of a bitch," Abbey replied, tears of embarrassment pouring down her cheeks, "Sometimes you make me so fucking mad." And then she broke away from me, turned and went inside and began gathering up her belongings.

"Wait a minute, Abbey," Taylor said, following her inside.

~~~~~~

Deciding not get involved, Travis and I sat back down and finished our brandy. And after a couple of sips, he looked at me and said, "I'm not trying to be disrespectful. Mark, but sometimes Taylor...."

"Can be a real pain in the ass," I interrupted, finishing his sentence, "Yes, I know very well."

~~~~~~

"Way to go, sis," I sarcastically said to Taylor, as she came back out onto the patio after Abbey abruptly left.

I could tell by the way she was acting that she'd had way too much to drink as she slurred, "I was only teasssing her, she just can't take a joke."

"Whatever," I angrily spat, "Look, you're drunk and I'm leaving."

~~~~~~

My phone rang at eight-thirty the next morning, and knowing who it was before I answered it, I picked up the receiver and said, "What do you want, Taylor?"

"How did you know it was me?"

"Because I know you," I disgustedly replied, "You got drunk and showed your ass last night, and now you're calling to apologize. I'm right, aren't I?"

"I'm really sorry about last night, Mark," she quietly said, "I really am."