All Comments on 'It's Gill with a 'G''

by Kezza67

Sort by:
  • 102 Comments
JADED_ONE1969JADED_ONE1969over 15 years ago
Some good, some bad

Hello Kezza. Interesting story. All the right emotions are there and all the right reasons are there for a couple getting back together. The only thing I would say is what ever happened to the ex-wife's boss. I can't help thinking he got away with it. I wouldn't really get back with someone who kept a daughter away from me for eight years! She claims she didn't want to hurt the ex-husband anymore and didn't want to confuse the child. But I can't help thinking that she isn't as clever as the ex-husband thinks she is. Well stand back and wait for the torch the bitch crew. I can hear their teeth nashing as they read this story.

As for me well written story that was good but could have been better. I don't really have a reason for saying that it is just something about awife who didn't let a daughter see the father. The fact they still love each other and always will and the fact that this was a one time thing does indicate to me that the couple could get back together. But after eight years it would be unlikely.

AnonymousAnonymousover 15 years ago
superb

we surely do need more of this. Thank you very much for this lovely story. G.Belgium

bruce22bruce22over 15 years ago
Very enjoyable

If you like to cry. Yeah I am a wimp but once Anita entered in the story I could not resist. I guess I will have to try this bit of a rise instead of a raise on my daughter who lives in England.

It really does sound as if Gill has a tendency to be submissive and did not feel that her husband was assertive enough. I guess the thing that bothered me the most is that she never sought to explain herself... or ask for forgiveness from her husband. Great Story. Please keep posting.

BriteaseBriteaseover 15 years ago
Oh yes

Is this the best story I've read on Literotica??

I'm not absoluetely sure, but if not then it's not far from it.

We're obviously around the same age, and I went to an all boys Grammar school and university (Loughborough) which totally changed my life. I remember so many of the things you bought into this story from the buses to the adverts on TV.

Thanks a lot Kezza -- Good one.

AnonymousAnonymousover 15 years ago
I loved it

I agree this is one of the best stories I have read here. I hope you keep writing.

AnonymousAnonymousover 15 years ago
A really good story

and also very thought provoking.The real star of the story was Anita,and the author must have(or have had)a daughter of that age, as he has described exactly what an eight year old would do and say.It is such a relief to realise that a few good writers do still appear on this site.

AnonymousAnonymousover 15 years ago
OK?

Ok, she let him fuck her when she was drunk, but why was she kissing him in the lift? Sweet prose, but totally unconvincing plot.

AnonymousAnonymousover 15 years ago
good

nice, well written story

AnonymousAnonymousover 15 years ago
you are

a true romantic at heart. unfortunately as you can see in some comments some people never got enough love to believe it is possible. even less young people believe that true love really exist as they never experianced it themselves or have seen it somewhere in their family. I wanna thank you for this story because I can see now I'm not alone believing that true love exists. Let's hope that some more find out about the difference off love and just fucking sex.

AnonymousAnonymousover 15 years ago
Well written

Great job! only issue would be that the heavy kissing in the elevator and moving into boss's apt don't jive with the direction of the story, you should have gone back and changed these a little to make it more logical. Story was an enjoyable read! This is my first 100% grade

AnonymousAnonymousover 15 years ago
Beautiful story

Cheating wives tales do not have to end badly and this is one of the very good ones. Thank you.

cageyteecageyteeover 15 years ago
A lovely story!

I enjoyed reading it a great deal. That, I believe, is the whole point of writing . . . so that our readers can enjoy it! I'll be sure to look through the rest of your work to see what else I have been missing,

AnonymousAnonymousover 15 years ago
Excellent!

This is so indicative of how real people wish they could act. The author let the story unfold - he didn't push it on the reader.

This is absolutely one of the best i've read on Literotica.

Since real men don't cry, I won't admit to having done that!

Rich

shangoshangoover 15 years ago
It's Garbage

With a "G". She didn't confess, tried to lie her way out of it when confronted. Never truly explained moving in w/her Lover (what if Loverboy hadn't split? Would they have stayed together?) AND the slutty and shameless display in the elevator in open view for any and all. But of course, she LOVES him!!

Give the keyboard back to the Orderly, eat your tapioca pudding and then take our meds. Lights out is at nine.

What a stinker.

AnonymousAnonymousover 15 years ago
Good Story!

You have become a favorite author for me on this site. This story was well written and nicely told. The only thing that might have made the story a bit better would have been if Gil would have had to explain a bit more of her behavior. Ok, she was taken advantage of in the office when she was drunk. What about the elevator ride where she swapped spit with the boss in front of her husband? Also, she did go to live with the boss and stayed with him at least up to the time of the divorce because the communication that the attorney received back from her as the action was proceding continued to come from the boss's address. It appeared that she really did choose her boss over Andy when she moved all of her stuff out of the house and into the boss's apartment. As it turns out, her choice was a bad one of course, but all she left Andy with was a "Sorry, I love you" note and no other explanation and no willingness to discuss it. It just would have been interesting to understand whether she thought that she really loved her boss when she went to him instead of wanting to try to work it out with Andy. But, it was a good story! Thanks for sharing and I look forward to your next offering showing up on the New list!!

HagarTheHorribleHagarTheHorribleabout 15 years ago
Trust

When you cheat you break the trust of your spouse. That's almost a cliché on these pages. But in a story, there's another aspect: you also lose the reader's trust. Some readers, of course, will say "if the author says it's okay, that's fine by me." The rest of us, though, will want the story to show us that the cheater, in this case Gill, is really worthy of our trust. For some unfathomable reason they call us the "torch the bitch"-crowd.<p>

In this story, the author doesn't convince us. Or rather, Gill doesn't convince us. The first clue is when she lies about how the affair started. You do realize that she does that, don't you? She describes it as a drunken mistake where she almost didn't have a say. Oh, yeah? How do you explain the passionate "fuck me"? How do you explain the kiss in the lift? How do you explain the her moving in with her lover right after she was discovered?<p>

Once we realize that Gill's a liar, the whole story unravels. Has anyone noticed that she always put herself first in everything? She has an affair. She does nothing to try to put her marriage together. When Andy, after eight years, tells her he's suffering and needs to talk, she refuses because it would hurt. Worst of all: She denies her own daughter the right to a father because of how it would look.<p>

All this paints an entirely different picture than the one, the story pretends to paint. This is the story of a completely narcissistic (possibly even sociopathic) woman who enters into an affair with eyes wide open. Once she's caught out, she acts insulted (as these kinds are wont to) when she finds that she can't just get away with it. She leaves straight for her lover and breaks off all communication with her husband, twisting the knife deeper into the wound.<p>

Andy is so broken that for the next eight years he cannot successfully enter into even a semblance of a relationship. He is like a crack addict who cannot get his drug. Gill's tactic has worked and all she needs to do is to wait for him to come home and get his fix.<p>

If this was meant to be a story about a broken victim returning to his tormentor like a battered wife returning to her husband, then it's one of the best on this site. If it was meant to be a story about everlasting love and the sweetness of reconciliation, don't kill the messengers when we point out that it wasn't.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 15 years ago
"Back to Birmingham?"

Your story is a twin brother to GaryAPB's "Back to Bristol" with exactly the same wholes et the same flaws. It turns around a incomprehensible plot, fails completely to give us correct explanations and answers and is nothing else than an endless string of sentimental waffle. It's a pity for your style of writing is rather good and surely above average.---Bavarian---.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 15 years ago
I guess

I guess if your retarded you would like this story.To forgive someone is good,to take them back after they piss in your face also your family face, she not worth the effort her mother and father put in to have her.

Scotsman69Scotsman69almost 15 years ago
Lovely story

Sweet and convincing and honest. Real folk DO make mistakes,and get into the most awful tangles because of them. This is a fine and convincing story. But you did make one typically anglocentric mistake. The King James Bible, and all that goes with it, was commissioned by the presbyterian Church of Scotland, at a General Assembly in Burntisland Kirk, late c16. There James VI of Scotland commissioned the translation, long before he was King of England and assumed Henry's mantle as the pope of the anglican church. It wasn't completed until after James had become King of England also, but it is Scots in essense. That apart, a wonderful tale!

fregenfregenalmost 15 years ago
It all comes down to

He was happier with her than without her.<P>

As a matter of fact he was distinctly unhappy without her. There was no rush to reconcilation in this story. Eight years is quite long enough for him to make the decision to try again. He dated other women during this period so he had a basis for comparing.<P>

Is she worthy enough to take back? I think so. Her actions over the prior eight years show remorse and regret. She hurt him badly in a moment of weakness and I have to wonder why she let it continue. But I do not think she will allow herself to do that again.<P>

I do have to agree that her keeping his daughter a secret was reprehensible despite her reasons. He deserved to be treated better than that.<P.

All in all a nicely romantic tale I very much enjoyed. Thanks for sharing.

AnonymousAnonymousover 14 years ago
Well done...

If I have any complaint about this story, it is the length of time you had them seperated. Love is strong, but individuals move on, they develop other relationships, etc. While not beyond the relam of possibility, I think the length of ther gap was highly improbably and therefore took away from the story for me. A shorter one of say two to three years would have worked as well and been more believable, yet taken nothing away from your story. Still, I enjoyed it.

AnonymousAnonymousover 14 years ago
very good

though you could have improved it with more discussion of the slut's affair. She may have been drunk and taken advantage of the FIRST time she screwed him over, but why did she continue with it? When they discuss it she explains the drunkeness but then they move forward as if it were a 1 time thing not an ongoing affair that apparently lasted for months. Then she made no attempt to talk after she found out, no sign of remorse, she just asked if he wanted her to leave and then immediately moved in with her real love. I also agree regarding the time frame, no one stays that obsessed for 8 years, people forget and move on. So, whil;e this is a very good and heart warming story it could have been improved if these 2 issues had been dealt with better. Otherwise, excellent work.

ephraimephraimover 13 years ago
A Wonderful Tale!!

It is truly a rare story that can provoke the tears of an old man, this one is a precious exception. The story flow and characterization are superb. You should eliminate the disclaimer as it may discourage the simpleminded from enjoying such a touching story. The lesson of love and forgiveness should be learned well and never forgotten.

DWornockDWornockalmost 13 years ago
Nice story

However, 8 years apart is unrealistic. They might grieve for a year but after that they would move. There is no such thing as a single person for a mate or even the best mate. There are millions that either would be just as happy with.

BetterEndingBetterEndingabout 12 years ago
Inconsistent

OK, being an old softy, I really liked the story. There were a couple of things that bothered me though.

First was the inconsistency around the cheating event. For a good part of the story, it seemed you were trying to pass it off as a drunken mistake made at the Christmas party. If that was true, then why the kissing in the elevator? If she had really been sorry for what she had done and felt guilty about it, why had she continued? You even wrote that she came home happy from the party. Further, she went to her lover when hubby asked her to leave. At one point, you even had her admitting that she had left a good man for a bad one.

None of those things is consistent with acceptance of her dalliance as a drunken mistake at a party. I was very disappointed that you did not have him question her further on those topics. It left the impression that it was reconciliation at all costs, and that is not palatable to even someone like me who likes reconciliations. By the way, is it common for after hours office parties to not include spouses in the UK?

The other issue I had was the eight year long period they were apart. Since they had been married for six years, that meant they both spent their late twenties and early thirties alone. That really stretches credibility.

Please keep writing but close some of the holes. I would like to have rated this story higher.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 12 years ago
RAAC story

first it sounds like they had been married barely a year when she started fucking around. Also if it was a one time druck thing as she claimed why not just tell your husband. Then .you get caught kissing the same guy.......hummmm sound like another lying slut and RAAC story to the core.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 12 years ago
coherent and readable which means

the huecucks are squealing and crying - slightly wordy in one or two spots but well worth a 4 rating.

rixelsrixelsalmost 12 years ago
2 readings and it is still great

In most cheating wife stories I cannot see how the husband and wayward wife could reconcile. In those stories I like to see some sort of justice for the husband and comeuppance for the wife. The thought of a whining hubby, laughing wife and smirking boyfriend starts me on a slow boil. A story with a well written reconciliation is more rare than reconciliation in real life. This story was well written. The only fault that sticks out is the 9 years of separation. Did it really need to be NINE years!

BTTapBTTapalmost 12 years ago
Enjoyed this

Well-written, emotional, and well-plotted. I thought the themes of growth were explored. Pretty erotic, too. I sensed the characters' individual personalities and their reactions seemed authentic.

I've never read this author before, and it was a nice discovery.

Three things did bother me a bit. First, I get the drunken slip with the skilled seducer who had been working on the wife, patiently, for several months. But, there was no sign of guilt or remorse thereafter, and he then discovered the wife snogging with the asshole in the elevator some time later. So, it wasn't a one-time drunken slip, was it? That's fine, as a story element, but the Andy seems to relegate the incident to a "drunken slip" after his reapproachment with Gill. WTF?!? I get that the theme of this was forgiveness, but I really thought Andy was after the "why" of the affair. Hard to get to that, if he doesn't know the "what" of the affair.

My second issue is that Gill seemed stupid. Gill presumably had unprotected sex with the seducer (at least the one time), when she was off birth control and trying to get preggers with Andy. Andy states that she is smarter than him, but how dumb is that? She herself thinks the baby might be the asshole's. Once she moved in with the other guy, did she keep throwing caution to the wind? Seems a stupid choice, if she had any hope that Andy might come back some day. I get that she was almost certainly racked with guilt and shame after her affair was discovered. Given her religious background, etc., I get that she could not go to her mother's after she was thrown out by Andy. However, if she had any hope of reconciliation, moving in with the other man would tend to drive the final nail in that coffin, wouldn't it? I get that, in times of severe emotional turmoil, people will do strange things, but that just seems, again, very stupid.

The final thing that bothered me was the failure of Gill to disclose Andy's daughter to him. I get her motivation to not want Andy back only because of her daughter, and her fear of living in a loveless marriage, etc. But, there IS such a thing as co-parenting. After 8 years, didn't she suspect that maybe Andy wasn't coming back? So, her selfish (and rather stupid-she doesn't HAVE to enter into a loveless re-marriage for the sake of her daughter) motivations deprived Andy of his daughter, her daughter of her father and grandparents, and her daughter of financial security, etc.

I don't have a problem with the 8 year span from Andy's perspective. Maybe 90%-99% of people would move on, but I can accept the ties of love with these two.

tazz317tazz317almost 12 years ago
A GILL BELONGS ON A FISH

waiting to be re-caught, TK U MLJ LV NV

Huedogg2Huedogg2about 11 years ago
I love when a gay-assed anon call me a huecuck or people that think the same way huecucker's

it's means they have taste, just because you're a bright eyed, bushy tailed cuck wanna be, doesn't mean everyone else is.

I agree with what anon 02/19 said: "first it sounds like they had been married barely a year when she started fucking around. Also if it was a one time drunk thing as she claimed why not just tell your husband. Then .you get caught kissing the same guy.......hummmm sound like another lying slut and RAAC story to the core."

Maybe not to that degree, I don't think he would be that lonely unless he wants to be. I mean really, he's misses her so much that like sucks for year. Take care of the kid, fuck the slut. She cheats, gives not reason(not that there is a reason) for cheating and moves in with the lover. Wouldn't give a damn about the reason anyway, fuck her and move on.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 11 years ago
that was awesone

thanks. forgiveness and love what our Lord Jesus taught. love one another but love Him above all others. Andy will get there THANK YOU

firas01firas01about 11 years ago
So...

she has sex with another man, dumps her husband in hopes of building a life with her boyfriend, hides the daughter from her father, her boyfriend dumps her, her husband proudly says that he has sex twice in all the years apart, and goes back groveling for her to take him back, don't you think that this story is tilted to one side against the other and if there is no sense of justice than there is reconciliation, ALSO, she didn't choose her husband over other GOOD options, he was there when she was down and she was happy that he can get her out of her misery, she didn't choose him when there was an exciting boyfriend, and i wonder what would happen if another exciting man would appear in her life.

cantbuymycantbuymyabout 11 years ago

don't see it like the other one did. she got drunk and fucked. left in shame and did not use the kid to get back at the husband. would have liked to see some payback for the seducer but inasmuch a I hate fucking cheaters I can go with this one, but only this once.

AnonymousAnonymousover 10 years ago
Needs a re-write

Gill screws P(B)erryman at her Christmas party, is passionately kissing him a couple or three weeks later in the lift, runs off to live with him without talking to her husband at all. Only after the boyfriend runs out on her does he become a no-good bastard.

9 years later Gill reconstructs history to sound like she screwed around because she was drunk. Was she drunk in the lift 3 weeks after the Christmas party?

I suspect that the writer wrote the lift part as a vehicle for Andy finding out about the infidelity. By the time he got to the reunion the details of what happened were forgotten. Without the lift scene and without the boyfriend cutting country I have no problem with their getting back together. No need for Andy to cut his nose off to spite his face.

AnonymousAnonymousover 10 years ago

It's a pity to see the author fail to address the 'kiss in the lift' chestnut as it was an isolated event from the Christmas party. With this said, most can read between the lines and ascertain the kiss being insignificant because it was obvious there was more to the illicit tryst (i.e. a full-blown affair). It is therefore easy to conclude Gill moving into her lover's home after the split was sufficient evidence of her actions and perhaps motives, yet it should have been elucidated by the author nonetheless.

monkcalmmonkcalmover 10 years ago
funny is it not

all the UK writers are...what is the polite word for wimpish writers,sissies ,Nancey boys, umm yeah she cheated=no reason,no regret,,she lives with the guy she cheated with= no reason no regret, she loves him= what the UK writers show as love festers the very eyes that read such lying common crap, why does he runs to take her back why? logically why, what Benefit, none is shown other that reused hash writing of because "i write it to be so".

what i want is remorse regret redemption and she showed none

"No! You can't. And I don't need your help. Go." and his hahahah "Now I understood that I wouldn't get it, the wound to my heart had been opened again, and only Gill could heal that lesion." really really wow thats awesome writing, because.....wait why does this abused man who gave it all to the woman he loved feel this way..oh yes British writer, i mean mother of god people are all these stories written from UK authors by the same person, same style, same format, same plot,and if you check the comments same praise and the women all cheat because they are just women no real plot and the men always take them back with out any real reason or growth because they cant understand how to write a story where the man is happy not being stepped on by a woman.

"No, Gill. But neither will you. You have explained what happened, and I can understand that, it still hurts when I think about it, but given the choice of having you in my life or allowing that to spoil our lives, I have to say I choose you. I know now that you and I are one, we were always meant to be. I love you"

over the top haggish writing way out there in wimp slave territory and she never really regrets cheating only losing her meal ticket, must be why UK women sleep with so many foreigners, better to fuck a real cock than be married to a limp dick. once again most of the "UK" writers follow this same flow in story and resolution why? England had the "The Bard", a country where the king didn't like the bitch so off with her head...what happened? education dont mean you loose your balls.

empiricalempiricalover 10 years ago
Dear me.....

Someone's got a bug up their arse about Brits. Get a grip mate it's just a fucking story.

empiricalempiricalover 10 years ago
Aaaaahh.......

Gimme a big kiss cuz and stop acting like a queen. Oh! By BTW I'm Irish. Slainte.

AnonymousAnonymousover 10 years ago

oh Christ what a pile of sickly cucky shit!

Drbeamer3333Drbeamer3333about 10 years ago
Loved it

Five stars. Excellent storyline. Love the reconciliation. I still have questions, that I can't imagine Andy himself wouldn't want to know the answers. When she immediately moved in with her lover, was it because she truly wanted to be with him, or because she felt so disgusted with herself and had no where else to go?

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 10 years ago
unlikely

unlikely tale on so many accounts esp the 8 years. I like happy endings and this was one but went away feeling it was a fairy tale (play on words?) unfitting of a Literotica story.

Other than the above, it was well written with good plot and character development. I'm giving it a 4 on those points

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 10 years ago
nice tale....

but in rereading this the same criticism is evident to me. The daughter's actions and speech are those of a 4-5 year old, not an 8, soon to be 9 year old. While people do remarry, I cant buy that he could overlook that she simply liked fucking the other guy more and left to be with him. Good fairytale though.

TavadelphinTavadelphinover 9 years ago
I do not see that she left to fuck him -

She left to leave as ordered by her husband - who she honored and obeyed - albeit a little late.

She said and we must accept (it is the author's story after all) that she has not had sex since that day and so she did not leave to fuck him she left and went where she hoped she would find succor - but did not - it seems.

As for the 8 year old behaving a little young - it is not that unlikely as she had lived in a very stunted environment all 8 years but was shown to be articulate, complaint, bright and witty - if somewhat short on the details of social propriety - MAYBE.

The challenge for me is his acceptance that seeing her kissing him in the elevator was somehow part of the original indiscretion though days or weeks later. That is a missing piece uncovered in the text.

But still and all a good story and whatever the detail there probably the right ending.

Chief3BlanketChief3Blanketover 9 years ago
A fine tale

Yes there are some things in this story that can be nit picked. But keep in mind a story is an authors imagination at work. There is an underlying element in this story, and that is very few people men or women, ever totally get over or forget the first person they seriously and completely fell in love with no matter what may have happened to end the relationship. The memory of that love of many years ago is there, some where in the mind and heart until death.

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
Good reconciliation

Enjoyable story, well told. I can understand the reconciliation, neither were happy away from each other, the presence of the child accepted even before he realised she was his. Revenge on the elevator kisser also didn't come into the picture, this was a story of two people meant for each other, not of retribution. Glad you didn't fall into that trap.

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
lol

voted 5 stars , and then noticed the previous comment .

am always surprised by how many people seem to only be able to focus on a tiny part of the story , and be able to so easily discard so many of the other Salient points.

am also shocked that the Psychiatric wards in places like broadmoor have internet access for the patients & prisoners . That is the only conclusion one can make , for surely those views have no place in a sane & rational society.

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
Interesting parallel

I understand love, a deep love that sprung from a time of youth. I grew up next door to the girl I planned to marry since we were entering grade school. We spent the next 10 years or so together, though we never became intimate with one another. This girl was perfect, smart, athletic and I believed, loved me desperately.

Until one day she came to me and said she wanted to break up, she wanted to see other people. I was devastated. To the point where for the only time in my life, I needed my mother. For months I was despondent and it was made worse when I saw her with a new boyfriend, kissing and sucking on each others tongues. Indescribable pain. For the next two years I watched them together from afar whenever we were placed in proximity of one another, we lived in a very small town.

I didn't have another girlfriend while they were together, the idea of experiencing the pain she had put me through when she cut me loose to great. Then one day I was out hiking and passed by lovers lane on my route. I happened to see her boyfriends car parked and couldn't figure out a way to get past it without being seen. Gritting my teeth I walked past it but didn't need to worry, she was on her back, legs spread on the back seat with the door open for more room, while he grunted and groaned while pounding her cunt. I barely made it out of sight (they never knew I was there) before vomiting.

Not long after that I went to a party, something I normally didn't do. We were milling around, these were mostly all friends of mine and I was fitting in. Then I saw a bedroom door open and there she was, walking out with a different guy while having obviously been pounded. There were even some cheers and they actually gave bow to the crowd and I took the opportunity to make myself scarce. It was hard to still be carrying a torch for her I didn't want, and be thrown into situations like that.

Another year went by and I had thrown myself in to my job, making very good money. I invested some into a really nice older house with property and took the time to fix it up in to very nearly a show home. But I was alone if you didn't count my 12+ hour days 6 days per week job.

And then one day I was sitting on the front porch drinking my Sunday morning coffee and I saw someone walking by. When I realized who it was, I immediately got up and went into the house. No one knew I lived there and I wanted to keep it that way. But somehow she, Jodi, had found out. She knocked on my door but I was terrified to have to talk to her again, afraid she'd see I was still in love and didn't answer the door.

She knocked on my door continuously for 'about' two months and I refused to answer the door. If I saw her somewhere I turned and walked the other way. Unfortunately, late on Saturday night in my back garden, I was actually gardening a small plot in my back yard, I heard her voice. "No way you can run from me now." I turned and there she stood, as beautiful as ever. Not being that rude, I invited her to the front porch for a soda and we talked, more easily than I would have believed.

Over the next few months, she made it a regular thing to stop by a few days per week. I never invited her in, we just sat on the front porch and talked. I could sense she wanted more and would bring up much of our past when we were young. I did my best to just listen and not offer a lot in response, even excusing myself and going to bed when it got late because of my job and working 75 hour weeks.

I was on my hike again and unfortunately saw another car and waited for a while hoping it would leave but it didn't and it was getting dark. Walking past, I glanced in and saw Jodi on her knees being pounded from behind by a guy I didn't know. He saw me and grinned, not knowing who I was and went back to pounding Jodi.

The next time she stopped by she wanted to go out on a date together and I didn't mind, I enjoyed talking with her, though any love I had was rapidly dwindling. I hadn't expected that but it really didn't bother me anymore. Then one afternoon, still sitting on the front porch, she asked me if I was interested in her. I said yes, I enjoyed her as a friend. She was taken aback and when she told me she was interested in more than just friends, she wanted to rekindle what we used to have. I have to admit, I was shocked and believe she saw it in my face. I told her we could be friends, I wasn't her type of guy anymore. It was obvious she didn't agree and asked if we could continue to date and I agreed.

Not long after that, I happened to meet another girl at work, they transferred her in to help take the load from my shoulders. About 3 years younger than me, just 22 years old, she was a delight. Where Jodi was about 5'3" and 115lbs, Janel was 5'9" and 135lbs, just a bigger, though more willowy girl. Really a fun girl that was able to talk to anyone about anything at any time! She actually asked me out and we really hit it off. Jodi didn't know anything about her and I felt no urge to tell her, it wasn't any of her business.

One afternoon I was caught at the local coffee house by Jodi when I was on my way to work. She asked me on a date and made it sound as if she wanted me to stop by afterward and perhaps spend the night, she was ready to lose her virginity to me! I think she misunderstood when my jaw fell open and giggled. Looking at my watch quickly, I told her I couldn't, I was busy after work, which was true. At work I firmed up my date with Janel, we were going to what I thought was a small party of a few friends.

Unfortunately when we got there, it was a full blown party with kegs and folks running around. I apologized to Janel and offered to leave but she said no, if I could handle it, she could too. Talk about bad things all over again, we were sitting on a couch with a couple of my old HS classmates and who walks down the stairs to cheers, but Jodi with yet another guy. She wasn't wearing much and I was seeing more of her than I'd ever before and it seemed most everyone had already seen it and more than a few had had it. I watched while we talked with my buds, dirty dancing and really, just being nasty. Perhaps it was that I was unconsciously comparing her to the fresh breath of air sitting next to me and if I was, Jodi was sorely coming up short.

Then she saw me. Right in the middle of a nasty dance with some guy I didn't know, she happened to glance over and see me sitting next to Janel and watching her. The change that came over her was stunning. She went from a nasty dancer who'd just been fucked hard, to a shy demure girl who walked over to us. I introduced her to Janel as a co-worker and to Janel I introduced Jodi as an old friend from years ago. Janel didn't take it as a slight but Jodi did and I could see the introduction hurt her feelings. I took Janel home and didn't see Jodi for a few months and when I did, she was cool though not cold and she invited me out to lunch so we could talk and I agreed, it was time to cut the cord.

At lunch she told me how hurt she was being introduced as only an old friend. My answer was simple, that IS what we were. Old friends. She disagreed and once again, reiterated she wanted it to be more and she was stupid to have split with me years ago and she'd been waiting for someone like me. I let her know it wouldn't work, she wanted something from me that I didn't have go give anymore. She asked if we could stay in touch and have coffee every so often and I said sure.

The very next day I was on my hike again, this time with Janel in tow, she wanted to do everything with me, from movies and shows to hiking and working in my garden. I knew this was the girl for me. When we came to the area where kids went to park I turned to Janel and let her know someone was there and we needed to try and sneak past. We made our move but unfortunately the back door of the car on our side was open and there she was in all her glory, Jodi buck ass naked being pounded from the back with her tits swaying. I stopped, Janel stopped and Jodi looked up at just that moment. She froze but the guy behind her didn't, his eyes were closed or looking at her asshole and continued to pound her. Janel and I just turned and continued, giggling the whole way!

It was a month before Jodi gathered the guts to stop by. I have having coffee on the front porch when she walked up my drive and asked to sit. She apologized and told me it was her first time, he had just popped her cherry because she'd been drugged. Her excuses continued until the door behind us opened and Janel walked out of my house, somewhere I had never invited Jodi into. Janel broke into a smile and sat with her own coffee, it was fairly early in the morning. She offered Jodi a cup but she declined while she looked at me as though I was cheating on HER!

It was at that point I couldn't stand it and told Jodi I'd love to stay friends with her, but that's all it would ever be. She wanted to know if it was because of what we saw when she was being raped. I told her no, and listed off the times I happened to have seen her being fucked up there and at a couple different parties and named off the basic times and who had fucked her. She didn't deny it but I told her being with a liar wasn't what I wanted and it was at that moment when she looked at Janel and asked about the engagement ring she was wearing. Janel had a huge smile on her face and told her she'd got it the last weekend. Jodi wanted to know who the lucky guy was, maybe she knew him? Janel threw her arms around me and hugged me hard, saying 'this big old lug'.

The next time I saw Jodi was about 15 years later. Janel and I had twin boys playing peewee league baseball and we were rooting them on. Jodi made her appearance and sat in the stands below us, not seeing either Janel or I. Jodi's nephew was playing and she'd came to see him. Recognizing my voice when I cheered for the boys, she turned around and I had my first good look at her. It seemed over the past 15 years she'd been rode hard and put up wet too many times. There was a hard look about her and it was sad to see. She smiled and gave a half hearted wave which we returned and simply got up and left.

We heard the next day about what happened. She took an overdose of sleeping pills combined with muscle relaxers and died in her sleep. We both went to her funeral and yes, I cried for the friend I'd lost and Janel cried because of my pain.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 9 years ago
A sad story

My own wife and I were married young. She was 18, I was 19. I thought everything was going well until I got sick. She always left before me, her job started at 6 am and mine at 8 am. When my alarm went off I was sick as a dog so I called my employer and begged off, falling back to sleep.

I was awoke when our apartment door closed, fairly loudly and I heard voices. I waited for my wife to come in and check on me and when she didn't, I got up after about 15 minutes to see if she was even still there. Oh yes, she was still there, on her hands and knees, being fucked by a coworker on their lunch break. The look of enjoyment on her face told me this wasn't the first time, nor would it be the last. I went back to our room and started packing.

I didn't have much to pack and when I came out of the bedroom with everything I owned in our two ratty suitcases, they were sitting on the couch, haven't yet even pulling their pants up. I could see the cum running out of her pussy. Their eyes were huge the instant they saw me and I stopped long enough in front of my crying wife to toss her my wedding ring I'd already removed. Then I left, to the sounds of her bawling.

We didn't have much. No savings and little in our checking account. I took the bus to my place of employment and asked my boss if I could have an advance, explaining what had happened. He was horrified and cut me a check immediately. I deposited it in a new checking account after he gave me a ride to the bank and then to his place, where I stayed with he, his wife and family for a month while I looked for a new place. I'd left my phone at home in the bedroom and my wife had no way to contact me. The few times I saw her hanging around outside of my work, I left another way and was able to avoid her.

Over the next year she looked for me and finally my boss told her he didn't know where I was anymore, which was technically true. I was out on a delivery and he never knew where they were. She quit looking.

A year later I saw her on the street but when she attempted to walk to me, I help up my hand and shook my head no. She got the idea and I continued on my way. It's been 5 years now and I have no idea if I'm still married and don't care. I'll never marry again. I see her but she knows better than to attempt to talk with me. Her boyfriend gave her the message never to try again, when she went to visit him in the hospital.

TrtrolesTrtrolesalmost 9 years ago
Great coments from two

Interesting parallel A sad story

I read your story guys,and it is sad,almost like mine.

Cheers

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 9 years ago
Nice Story.

I'm not British, but am an American. In answer to some of those anonymous, and apparently American, critics of the British authors, I'd just say that they obviously must be satisfied with a four sentence story. "I loved her." "She cheated on me with him", "I killed them both, slowly". "I'm so smart that I got away with it." Gee, that's great isn't it, and so erotic and intellectually stimulating as well.

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago
so many

American commentators on this site are totaly eaten up with envy and jealousy of british men.

no surprise really as most yanks are such utter wimps they need guns to sort out arguments, most would last all of half a second in a street fight with an average British guy.

Tw0Cr0wsTw0Cr0wsover 8 years ago
not entirely

The British are not the most cowardly and treacherous.

However they have been contaminated by close contact with the French, who ARE the most cowardly and treacherous.

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago
Well written and interesting story but a few issues about the plot.

I am happy with reconciliation generally if the circumstances are apt and indeed in this case I think that was the right thing to do as they were both lost without their love for each other but there are several unanswered issues that were not addressed. If they had been then they would have needed to work harder on the reconciliation which to my mind would have made the plot more realistic and the story more enjoyable:

- if she only gave in because she was drunk at the Christmas party why was she kissing her lover in the lift when she was sober.

- if she was kissing him the lift at work when sober and in the New Year then she must surely have had further sex with him in private when sober

- when she moved out of her marital home and moved in with her lover then she would have surely again had further sex with him all the time she was living there during the divorce proceedings, hardly a one time mistake.....

- it seems fanciful that one of the main reasons that she cheated was because their love life was not vocal enough and he thought that was the only thing they needed to address second time around. Seriously?

- then there are the various issues with failing to tell her ex of his child - for eight years! I think being accused of trying to force him back is far outweighed by his right to know as a father.Not exactly a taxing ethical dilemma.

- Finally in her wedding speech she talked about not forgetting her betrayal and that every day she would be reminded of the cost of cheating and would thus not do it again. Hardly a great philosophy for a Christian who really should be not cheating because that was the correct moral position in a marriage.

Would have been 5* if not for the above but still gets 4*

ps I love some of the American / British comments putting the one dimensional hard asses in their place. They are the wimps who can't face life but have to run away with their toys from life's issues by refusing to deal them like real men.

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago
The idiots

who wrote the comments just before this are beneath notice and beneath contempt. My third time through this splendid story, and I love it every time. One of Kezza's best, and Kezza is one of the best.

Drbeamer3333Drbeamer3333over 8 years ago
Second time through....

Still five stars. I understand him leaving some questions unanswered after eight years. That's natural. However, form the readers standpoint there are too many unanswered questions. You did a great job of convincing us that they were so much in love and so perfect for each other. You did not do such a good job of establishing why she would cheat in the first place. She was drunk? What about the kiss in the elevator? In front of all her co-workers who clearly knew she was on the make with this guy. That's significant disrespect toward hubby. It just doesn't seem to fit.

rightbankrightbankabout 8 years ago
a well written love story

with good people, warts and all.

ErotFanErotFanover 7 years ago
Once again a wonderful story. Well told.

This is the second LW story in your sequence. I am partial to that genre at this time.

Therefore I'n going to Whiteone Redones' story Suspicion, then back to your sequel. Ta ta.

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
Enjoyable but

This story is so completely lacking in explaining and examining her cheating.

Too many unanswered questions.

Why didn't she confess? Why did she continue it?

How long?

Why did she move in with him?

You are woefully inadequate when it comes to these issues though you write well.

Only 3* for an incomplete story.

tazz317tazz317over 7 years ago
IF THEY CAN SIDESTEP THE EGO AND GUILTS

with communication and love, they will make a go of it. TK U MLJ LV NV

AnonymousAnonymousabout 7 years ago
sorry

I see my wife kissing a man in elevator, I am told his name, where his office is, I am either running up stairs or jumping in other elevator and go confront them immediately.

Story could continue as is from there but would have been more plausible not too mention satisfying for husband.

You do write well though

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 7 years ago
I guess the lack of emotion and details regarding her cheating is an English thing?

That's fine. Like English cooking, it fills, but it seldom excites. Glad the new husband finally gets to benefit from what the slut learned while whoring. One question he never seems to notice is, how long would Gill have continued to fuck around if her husband had not caught her? Words are cheap and easy; actions are reality. She denied him her fidelity, then denied him his child, and wanted to deny him his reconciliation. Years from now when she's feeling old and unappealing you wonder what she might risk to feel sexy and desirable, again. Ah well, I'm sure whatever she does he'll keep a stiff upper lip. Sigh.

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
Beautiful story BUT

This is a beautiful story. However, the kiss in the elevator indicates an ongoing affair and infidelity that is not clearly dealt with in the dialog. Also, it is time to go fuck up that Berryman asshole in a very big, and unChristian, way.

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
WOW

Just WOW.

It's hard to believe that someone has the skill to craft such a marvelous story. Plus to an American like me it is given an exotic flair by the British flavor and British speech expression that just sends it deliciously over-the-top.

I love a good reconciliation story. This is one of the best (the best?) I have read on Literotica. Hardly ever bought to tears by one of these stories. This one did it -- more than once.

Paul in Oklahoma

penneydog55penneydog55about 6 years ago
Come

On You can't say that You don't like it! Its Sentimental and its sickly sweet! And it has a good story!

One Question:- What happened to the asshole who buggered up their marriage and why didn't Andy Sue or at least rearrange his features?

So that's what I feel about this story Thanks! ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ WOOF!

penneydog55penneydog55about 6 years ago
Me Again

Sorry! I know that I am contradicting Myself but I just can't seem to let this go! ?

When Andy and Gill got back together, Gill broke down and cried and said that the Asshole left her when he found out that she was Pregnant! PLEASE! for fuck sake are all women that gullible. To run straight away from Hubby and Jumping in bed with a Predator! FUCK ME THIS WOMAN IS REALLY A STUPID SLUT. ★★★★★ WOOF!

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
Wow , the best reconcilliation story I've read

A real tear jerker. That wife was so stupid yet they could not live without each other. Pretty good plot .2013 was the last story .sorry you went away. The only thing I find weak is when he saw her in the elevator kissing this guy she cheated with drunk at a party knowing her mistake ,see was still continuing the affair than fixing the mistake that statement put a different light on her confession years later.

26thNC26thNCover 5 years ago
Good

Pretty good story. Took the long way round to a reconciliation that was certain from the beginning.

frazodfrazodover 5 years ago

Really liked this one. I've read it before.

This is one deserved reconciliation. I agree it is one of the best reconciliation stories on Literotica.

Thank you for writing this.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 5 years ago
Great

Perhaps the very best from the very best.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 5 years ago
I am very pleased...

...that the writing made it believable that Andy was educated.

So many times, I have read stories on here that were so poorly written, that it made the premise preposterous.

As to the story itself, he is a better man than I. They deserved their happy ending... not easy in this minefield of LW literature.

So, on consideration, taking all that into account, this says that you are a very good author. Thank you

A reconciliation justified, in the lowly opinion of this anony BTB commentator.

Well done. Five stars

SpencerfictionSpencerfictionalmost 5 years ago
Loved this story

it's great with a 'G'.

Xzy89c1Xzy89c1over 4 years ago
Gil did not talk to her mother for 8 years?

That is absurd

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
Couldnt finish this

Im all for reconciliation stories but inhatebit when the wife cheats and chooses to go with the other man. That for me is no coming back from. Its just a story but Andy deserves better then that whore.

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
Nicely written

Very seldom is a reconciliation in an LW story credible, but this one is. I had assumed at the outset that this story was a 1, but I was very pleasantly surprised to give it a 5.

LickideesplitLickideesplitover 4 years ago

An English major (in England) does not know the difference between a vagina and a vulva? Otherwise, not bad at all. Gave it 5* on first reading. Still would (hey, the both start with a V - kinda like a camel-toe!)

PencarrowPencarrowover 4 years ago
IS THIS CREDIBLE? IS THIS THE BEST RECONCILIATION STORY EVER?

I really liked this story but it left me feeling strangely unsatisfied and perhaps a bit uneasy.

I couldn't immediately put my finger on why that was, but after reading it again and then reading all the comments I can see why. The reason I feel uneasy is that this was almost two separate, unrelated stories with a short "bridge" between them.

The first story was of a cheating wife and a devastated husband. Pretty normal fare in Loving Wives but in this case really well done (I really empathized with the pain the husband felt, which is how a good story should make a reader feel). And I could almost believe the initial years the husband spent in the wilderness, but 8 years seemed a bit too much.

The second story was a reconciliation story, and it also was really well done. Having the husband discover his unknown child is always a good plot device too and never seems to hurt.

But the real flaw for me was linking the two together. I think that the wife's betrayal was too great, and her reasons and explanations in the reconciliation story did NOT match with what we know from the betrayal. Plenty of commenters have already expressed this better than I can so I'm obviously not alone in thinking this way.

So, is this one of the best reconciliations stories? My answer is a reluctant NO - the author made the wife's actions during the betrayal and afterwards (like staying with her lover, not communicating in any way with the husband, and then keeping the child secret for 8 years) too deep to be easily fobbed-off as a "one-time drunken excuse", and this made the reconciliation seem like an unrelated story.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 4 years ago
Anita

I loved the story and I love your style, befitting a Cambridge English graduate. The only problem I had with it at all was that the 8-year-old child acted and was treated much more like a 4 year old.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 4 years ago
Not for me

Left a bad taste in my mouth. When I got up to when they reconnected and it was him that was chasing the whore for reconcilliation, I couldnt read much more and had to skim the rest. She cheated, she left while pregnant with his baby and once again she was selfish and put her needs in front of everyone else. She was too scared to let him know and let her baby grow up without a father. When they reconnect, instead of remorse, shes angry at him asking if he came to gloat. I felt no sympathy for the whore and she was lucky that he was a wimpy fool who took her back. Wish you went the other route and gave the husband some balls to move on.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 4 years ago
Maybes

I might go for RAAC and forgiveness on my ex wife, but there will be no forgiveness for the predator. I will become a demon and I will skin him alive. I will slaughter his own family

Ocker53Ocker53almost 4 years ago
No Balls

I’m not opposed to reconciliation but why do all these authors make the man so pathetic? ⭐️ One star for zero originality.

Huedogg2Huedogg2over 3 years ago
Gave it a 4

i don't have a problem with them reconciling, but he acts like a bitch

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
Third time

And it’s still a charm. One of the best reconciliation stories ever.

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
Yeah no

I prefer reconcilliation endings but not in this story. She cheated and left him for another man and yet, he is the one to return and fight for her? Oh and lets not forget about the fact that she hid his kid from him for 8 years. Her reasoning was selfish and didnt think about the childs need, so the child suffered as well. Also they didnt discuss why she cheated and after years apart, he just forgives her? Way to make the likeable MC a wimp.

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago

Trash, plain garbage

AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago

Great love story. But don't you just love the comments from the loveless miserable trolls who have no idea what real love is. Such a bunch of miserable shits I wonder they don't all run out and throw themselves under a bus. What horrible lives they must lead.

This is a story about true love. Having met my wife when she was 12 and I was 13 I fully appreciate the love Andy and Gill had for one another. Fortunately we've not been in the same situation but I can fully understand how they reconciled.

silentsoundsilentsoundabout 3 years ago

Fuck off anon. Comment on the story you pathetic condom chewing shit.

This story is gay as fuck.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

are all british men spineless or just british writers? please grow some balls and develop a sense of dignity and pride. stop embarrassing your countrymen. better yet, just stop writing.

Cee2ShiningCeeCee2ShiningCeeover 2 years ago

Very late to the party, I know! I enjoyed the story. I was curious to know why Gill took up with her boss after the first drunken mistake. She punished herself for years, but that didn’t fit with giving in to the boss.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

I don't understand why Gill went off with the boss, it is one thing to have an affair but to move completely in with the man is a decision. She would still be with the boss if he hadn't left her. She only regrets it because the man ran off. At least that's how the story reads.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

A great and lovely story.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

There are many missing links in this story.

Why Gill get back to his boss after her drunken mistake!

Why she again moved to her boss after being kicked out of house instead of going back to her mother!

What's happened when she was with her boss!

And why the boss left her all on a sudden!

And finally what happened with her after that!

Writer should be careful about all these missing links.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

I actually thought this was quite pathetic. But two things saved it from giving it 3* instead of 2:

1. Anita!!! Need I say more?

2. The story took place decades ago where people had different mindsets and probably also talked a bit different.

Yet Andy's reasoning was a bit flawed. He might have been a victim by Gill's treachery. However, to remain in victim mode and stay chaste for that long time in London was a conscious decision.

And the story was way too long!

AnonymousAnonymous12 months ago

Umm while the author is good with the English language, the actual story doesn't fit well together with many holes and missing key plot elements. Almost if two stories smashed together. One the introduction m, build up and betrayal with sudden severing of their marriage. An the other a story of reconciliation and forgiveness. Yes the story takes place in the 1960s, so certain social mores are different. But it still doesn't explain the missing plot elements. We know she had borderline nonconsensual sex when Berryman took advantage of her and practically forced himself on her. In the 1960s, women would sometimes go doe-eyed and just not react when raped. Women back then were fed the garbage that if they tempt the man they are at fault. This can create a huge guilt trip as the woman asks herself repeatedly why didn't she fight the aggressor. Yes she was drunk buy not enough that she passed out or couldn't have screamed. She froze, got fucked and fell ashamed. Her entreaties to Andy were to reclaim her. However, then the story goes off rhe rails with no explanation, and basically precluding reconciliation. He stumbles a couple of weeks after New Year's Day, into her office building and sees her playing tonsil hockey with Berryman. Umm why is she doing this? Sometimes in the story it is suggested that before their confrontation when she came clean and he told her to leave, that she had only been sexual with Berryman once. Probably didn't see each other much over the holidays in the UK since don't go to work much etwren holidays, less so than in the States. So was her making out with Berrymanz the result of him worming back into her good graces? Convincing her it was no big deal and she was fantastic and he can't wait for round two? Maybe he turned her around convincing herself there is a deep connection, not just sex? Maybe Berryman is much better than Andy at sex, though they didn't seem to have many complaints beyond maybe not cutting loose. We have no clue why she re-associated with Berryman. Heck it is jsut as likely that despite starting with a drunken, almost nonconsensual tryst, that they went back to bed to have swx more than once, sneaking around on the few days they overlapped at work. We have no information. But what really boggles thr mind is how ge tells her to leave a d she just stays away and goes to live with Berryman. To be honest we don't know for sure that she is living there more than a temporary stay. She is terrified and ashamed of her mother, and saw the hurt she inflicted on Andy and hence was a coward and did not see him again. Berryman probably charmed her into to be her port in the storm as she had no money, was not going to fight a divorce and nowhere else to go, since she was so ashamed and thought she had broken Andy and that her mom would strangle her. But she hee associatio with Berryman after discovery could nit have bee chaste. She had some ideas of restarting with him. Why? Because she is angry when she told Berryman she is pregnant (probably only 3-5 weeks after the fateful discovery and her being requested to leave), and that she blew up her marriage to thr love of her life for a "Shit", that being her words. But if she wasn't using protection and off the pill (not as robust and bit trickier in the 1960s) to try to get pregnant, and realized she had a drunken tryst with Berryman (didn't go all night, they did it in his office and she was back by 10:30 pm), wouldn't that put a halt to further money business until contraception is restarted. That seems to support that they only screwed once prior to discovery. It is implied by the author and their word choices. But it is also assiduously avoided. But doesn't jive with her making out with him in the elevator of their office building. Andy blithely accepts that Berryman took advantage of Gill and forced himself on her when drunk, completely ignoring that she was passionately kissing the guy in the elevator when he showed up with a client. Huh? Then there is her going off to staybwith Berryman. Seduction, nowhere else to go, shame, feelings for Barryman? We have no idea. Just all speculation. The two main characters never discussed this hugely important aspect. Maybe when she got pregnant and went to Berryman after confirmation at a doctor's office, she thought it was Berryman's as assume she and Berryman didn't use contraception that night of the Christmas party. As a side note, company Christmas parties are 10-14 days or so before Christmas. Thr "fuck me Andy" session that raise his alarms before he let it slide, was 2 days after her party when she was taken by the predator Berryman. Meanwhile Anita's birthday is in September, so she was conceived about 40 weeks earlier, remember is counted form last menstrual period, so closer to 9.5-10 months. So conception was before the New Year. If conception had been at New Year's Eve, the 40 weeks is October 2nd. So in reality conceptio is right in the period that she got fucked by Berryman and has her sessions with her husband. Of course she may have done Berryman again other times between Christmas party and discovery but used a condom or gone back on the pill, not knowing she is already pregnant. Regardless conception was probably mid December, jsut after the fateful Christmas party, and before Christmas. She would know around weeks 5-7 after the event. So end of January? That is only like 3, maybe 2 weeks, after the discovery and her departure. So if she wa telling the truth about how he ditched at the news of her pregnancy, she was not with Berryman for long. Of course for thr husband at the time and any righ thinking person, she burned all bridges when she went to go love with Berryman. But maybe that was the point. She saw what she had done and decided that she coukd not hurt Andy anymore by staying with him plus her guilt and shame. And being a coward. So she consigned herself to her fate, that the best she could settle for was Berryman as a port in a storm, and maybe just not being alone, while buying into Berryman's fertilizer, err charms which were all crap. He probably saw it as no strings attached fun until the baby news and freaked because it might have been his (no DNA test in 1960s. Doubt she was in love with Berryman. It is possible but speculative that she had gotten together for sex multiple times with Berryman after rhe Christmas party. Buy it is also subtly implied (so frustrating as no real evidence) that it was just that once, though her passio age kiss in the elevator suggests was rekindling again with the New Year. She seemed really distraught in hindsight, almost panicked but not showing it when she went to live with Berryman. As far as being with him in bed again. Probably. But probably only with a lot of liquor. Given what she did and how miserable she felt was probably more a shoulder to cry on, at leat while sober. Who knows. Too many plot holes a missing information. Andy was a veritable Saint, but don't see hownhe comes to all these conclusions a b out forgiveness and Berryman being a predator, without addressing some of these hugely important pieces of information. Can't reconcile into thr abyss. Don't get me started on hownshe never told her mother thatbshe had a granddaughter. Never talked to her for 8 years. And never told her husband via attorney or in laws or mutual friend that had his daughter, though she probably didn't know for sure until Anita was a couple years old. Complex. Good prose. But frustrating lack of information. Don't believe Andy could opt for reconciliation without knowing some things about what Gill did and why!

miket0422miket042210 months ago

Well written. Entertaining read.

I'm normally all for reconciliation. I'm not totally opposed to this one.

My issue is that Gill wasn't anywhere close to being completely honest with Andy when she told him what happened. Andy has enough information to know she's not being completely honest but, he lets her get away with it because he's so in love with her.

I can accept most of what she said happened at her Christmas party. But, she made Andy wait for more than 4 years before they had sex. With Berryman all it takes is a couple glasses of wine, he pulls her into an office and more or less forces himself on her and she can't figure out how to say no or resist? Parts of that are sketchy.

Gill suddenly yelling Fuck me Andy, Fuck me didn't come about as a result of one drunken fucking that was nearly non consensual. That's a behavior that was learned from and encouraged by Berryman. Just her saying those words makes me think she had sex with him many more times than the one she admitted to.

Then there's the kissing and making out in the elevator. A one time drunken fuck that she didn't really consent to doesn't equate to her making out with Berryman in the elevator of a public building.

Then when Andy tells her to leave their house she immediately moves in with him? No one moves in with a co-worker that they had drunken sex with basically against their will.

For this reconciliation to really work I feel like Andy should have confronted Gill with the information he had and demanded that she be completely honest with him rather than trying to get away with telling a version that makes her look as good as possible.

AnonymousAnonymous10 months ago

Was it only once that she betrayed him, or was it numerous occasions?

AnonymousAnonymous10 months ago

I gave this 5 stars, but like previous post, I have questions. Did Gill only engage in relations with the other person only once? Or were there multiple times?

She didn't return to Andy after being csalled oyt, and apparently had chosen Perryman over Andy. Is that correct? Did she only break off eith Perryman because he dumped her due to pregnancy; otherwise they'd remain a couple?

In short, did she cuck Andy multiple times and elect Perryman over him, and only have the relationship ended by Perryman?

If so, the presentation of Andy under those circumstances is one of a disrespected cuck coming back for more, and I am embarrassed by his reunification with her.

If it was a one-off, a more understandable RAAC. But it doesn't explain her not speaking with him and instead, living with Perryman.

G

AnonymousAnonymous7 months ago

There was the bones of a good story here but some serious defects. Unlike other commenters below, I believe it was the author's intent to portal a one time slip while drunk at thr Christmas party. I also am pretty sure the "Fuck me Andy! Fuck me!* was not her learning it from repeated adultery but out if guilt. It was the equivalent if her begging him to reclaim her. While people may not say certain things or speak them, they are not idiots and know about them or have heard others discuss them or see them portrayed in books, movies, etc. Almost positive that was Gill tapping into anguish emotion over her betrayal.

Where things go off the rail, is her passionately making out with Berryman in the elevator. She is confronted but has no words to explain. Once he asks her if she had sex with him. She admits the truth and he asks her to leave. She takes nothing and leaves. At this point it is believable that she knows she had hurt him horribly and believes therr is no way back. But later in the story, never once is it discussed what was her extent of her relationship in the office building with Berryman for those couple of weeks before his discovery of her necking with the asshole in the elevator. Was she a submissive? Is that why she keeps talking about the new more confident Andy? How is this never broached again? Sounds like the author had no idea how to settle that glaring issue.

Finally we come to the part that actually really hurts the story. Even with the one night drunken slip (she was drunk when she got home as he observed), and her making out in the elevator with Berryman (probably not the first time), and her immediately acquiescence as her husband demanded she leave, and all she took was her coat, etc.: why in the blue blazes did she go live with Berryman?

That made zero sense. Yes author made it clear that her mother was thoroughly disappointed and upset with her. But as we know from the MC, he was willing to try to work to reconcile until he learned she "chose" Berryman. That seemed like a plot device for the divorce, subsequent eight year separation and him not knowing he had a daughter.

Since women know they are pregnant at around the 8-10 week mark, and she was already impregnated (probably that feisty sex session after he screwing Berryman), she was probably living with Berryman at most two months before Berryman abandoned her upon hearing the news.

But seriously why would she immediately go live with Berryman? Maybe after divorce filing and seeing no chance for reconciliation and with her mother being on the warpath and no other family. But otherwise hell no!

She had friends, she could crash somewhere for a week or two. Eventually her mother would relent and let her in. Instead she does the dumbest thing possible. She moves in with Berryman.

This is important because it really stretches credulity that she only banged Beryman once (plus one or more elevator make out sessions with the asshole). I believe the author intended it that way. But it read tonally off that she went to Berryman. Heck if she is so distraught then have her disappear for a while. Only coming back after he has filed and moved to London.

Their confrontation upon discovery was surreal. She admitted "yes". He said "leave". She did and moved in with Berryman. Wtf? I doubted that the author meant Berryman to even be her fall back guy. And her actions made the MC just give up (some weird master scheme by her in her grief and guilt to set the MC free?) and really riled up the in laws and her mother.

Worse, they never talk about it when he seeks her out. Again author has nothing to say? It is absolutely unrealistic. It would be the NC's first real question about the collapse of their marriage. "Why did you just leave and move in with Berryman? That just crushed me." Instead it is papered over.

It would have been more believable that she didn't have a one time slip but fell a second time (without liquor( and that set the MC off for divorce. And then she went with Berryman. Still repugnant but more understandable. Loving wives with a one time drunken slip do not move in with the guy that helped kill their marriage. That is more for affairs and cases where the LW thinks she has feelings for the asshole. None of that was remotely true here.

Instead she realized she dad caused a grievous wound to the marriage, and really hurt the MC, and decided to cauterize that wound and make sure he got his escape in divorce by moving in with Berryman?? She had a job, and until she got pregnant, she had no reason economically to stay with Berryman.

Anyways like I said the story had the bones of a good story, but their lack of communication about the big events, and her actions after the one time drunken slip, just turn this into an implausible, almost obsessive RAAC.

AngelRiderAngelRider6 months ago

Sorry, but this story is a quit and close. It's too long, the cheating came across as a slut ray, you said it was a reconciliation but the story by the end of page 2 was so miserable that there was simply no way in hell I was reading 5 more pages. It's just not worth it

12
Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous