All Comments on 'Jack Bell: Redux Ch. 01'

by Blue88

Sort by:
  • 43 Comments
AnonymousAnonymousover 18 years ago
Good For Jack

I'm Glad Jack can move on, hopefully the sultry vixen can take Jack's mind away from Karen and he lives happilly ever after... After all he is a rich man now. Karen deserves what she got. However, the clarity that she got shows that she wasn't all that bad. But sometimes you don't get two chances at happiness. I make it a rule to never go back to any of my exes(girlfriends, I have never been married). Great story, look to read more from you.

AnonymousAnonymousover 18 years ago
No 2nd chance?

How sad. Jack neglected her as well...

AnonymousAnonymousover 18 years ago
Is the name significant?

You ended with Mariah's last name in a way that suggested that it was some sort of revelation. Did I miss something?

Please continue this story.

EffectEffectover 18 years ago
Good to see things are looking up for Jack

So he and Karen did get divorce, as expected. Now the question is what will happen with Karen. Can or will she try to get in contact with Jack and try to show that she does love him and maybe they get back together? Or will Jack's encounter with Mariah bring something new to him or reawaken a longing to actually be back with Karen after a while(realizing that what he has with Mariah isn't what he really wants). Already it seems that Karen won't find anyone else since she is still in love with Jack and it seems that he isn't out of love with her but there seems to be pain and sadness now instead of hate and anger.

Should be interesting to see how things turn out. You said there were two chapters. I hope you can bring a conclusion in just two chapters.

Average-JoeAverage-Joeover 18 years ago
re: Is the name significant?

I think Cookson is Jerry's last name as well (Sara's fling in part 6 of Karen). I dont know if its his ex that cheated on him so much or his sister or someone else though.

Anyway, good story author. Im also glad to see Jack getting over it. Hope he can have a happy ending either by getting back with Karen or by finding someone new that he will be happy with.

Thanks for writing.

EffectEffectover 18 years ago
Yeah, Jerry's lastname was Cookson

I have a feeling that it is Jerry's ex-wife. I'm kinda looking at the way she basicly started things with Jack. Jerry commented that her cheating was blatant, then there is the case of Mariah and her thoughts of how she wsa going to seduce Jack and then fake it like she had ton countless times before hand. It's possible that after being divorce she did this with other men and never finding what she wanted. Though like said it isn't certain that it's the ex-wife but if it is, I'm now all for Jack not hooking up with her.

That's just more heartache waiting to happen. If she was blatantly cheated on her ex (if she is the ex-wife) then there is a great chance she'll do it again, especially after the way she started things with Jack when he drove her hom after only meeting him for a few hours(time where it didn't seem like they were alone together but around friends so it's not like there was touching, flirting, etc at least nothing was hinted at that I think).

Kinda want Karen to come back into his life now, especially after what she had gone through and realized after the divorce.

AnonymousAnonymousover 18 years ago
Why man eater Mariah?

I'm all for plot manipulation and all, but why would Hank and Peggy, knowing that Jack still had to be vulnerable and hurting... given this state why would they fix him up with a man eater like Mariah? I think after having had a falling out with a wife that was too sexually adventurous his friends would want to steer him in the opposite direction.

saw_man1saw_man1over 18 years ago
You surprised me.

I must admit that I groaned inwardly when I saw that you were revisiting Jack and Karen. I wrongfully assumed that you were trying to pen some vehicle to bring them back together. Not that a reconciliation is always wrong, it’s just that in this case it would have been too far a stretch to think that these wounds could heal so quickly.

What you have done is to write a very natural next chapter in the lives of your characters. Life goes on and you are giving us an entertaining glimpse into what happens next for these characters.

Thanks.

AnonymousAnonymousover 18 years ago
Hurry with the rest

I really do not like mysteries but you have got my attention. I had to go back and check out the name Cookson. I hope Jack and Karen get back together, but I don't see how you can pull that off. Just please don't wait long for the "rest of the story."

wetapapwetapapover 18 years ago
i shared in that empty

hole in the middle of jack's chest when he found out karen was cheating. the empty hole in my chest was created at the end of chapter five. it felt as if the story was totally incomplete. i've always admitted i'm a sucker for a happy ending, buy only when the couple were in love and had happiness before. i love to see it recaptured. i don't know if that's where the author is headed with this story, but i'm an eternal optimist, at least they have a chance. thankyou for reopening the story, thankyou for writing such a fabulous story, and finally, thankyou for sharing your wonderful gift of writting with us. a fan always.

DG HearDG Hearover 18 years ago
Very Good!

I really like your story,I know you mentioned you are a new writer, I'm going to put you in with my must read Authors. Your stories feelings to them and that's what I look for. Keep Writing, good job.

DG Hear

KOLKOREKOLKOREover 18 years ago
Literary norms vs. Realism

My prediction is that husband and wife are on their way to get reunited. I base this prediction on earlier readings of a variety of stories within the genre of "cheating wives”. Before I continue, let me emphasize that I have no intention to put down this story or the writing of this author whose writing I like and enjoy.

It seems to me that a new trend of literary norms have been formed within the genre of “cheating wives”. These norms do not cover all the stories within the genre, but following the premise of each, and in combination of two or more, they can predict pretty well the outcome of tne story. 1. I can‘t remember a story in which the wife is described as being invested in some sort of substantial therapy, which had not ended with the couple’s reunification 2. If the wife takes upon herself a voluntary celibacy over a substantial period of time, chances of reunification are much higher. 3. If Husband and wife separate or even better – divorce and stay away from each other for months – chances for reunification at the story's end are very high. (Just to remove any doubt, I am NOT advocating any of these norms, I am just describing them).If you combine Wife in therapy + celibacy + being divorced and being away from each other: odds are very high that the story will lead the couple to be back together.

We may like it or not, but Literary norms, as such, do not need to be realistic. After all it is fiction! If readers want to influence writers (and their writing norms) they do it through their wallets or - as we do here, through our feedback. At last, my high regards to all the authors who work hard on inspiring and entertaining us. Thank you!

AnonymousAnonymousover 18 years ago
I am looking forward to more stories, too!

ty!

AnonymousAnonymousover 18 years ago
Wrong turn.

Revisting the characters in "Karen" is fine if that is what your muse directs. Thanks for writing. I really doubdt 'good people' like Hank and Peg would have arranged for such a meeting with such trash as Mariah though. Outside of the theraputic value of getting laid after a year, what good could of this!

wetapapwetapapover 18 years ago
i'd like to take on

last comment. jack has been in a sexual lock down for about a year. hank and peg may reaize jack needs a jump start one way or the other. take hunger for example. have you never felt hungry, but after taking the first bite, you devour everything in site. my mother-in-law, god rest her soul, used to say that she would rather feed 10 hungry men, that one that supposedly wasn't hungry. in this case, instead of hunger, it's sex. i also wonder if hank and peg aren't in communication with karen and know that she is being totally celibate because of her love for jack. they may have purposely exposed jack to mariah to let him see the difference between real love and, and, mariah. how better can i describe it. jack could have a real eye opener after seeing karen again.

wetapapwetapapover 18 years ago
sorry, meant to say

felt like you were not hungry, and after the first bite, devoured everything in site.

DeadWouldDeadWouldover 18 years ago
Vey much in two minds

about this so far.

What enemies could Jack want IF these supposed friends know what Mariah is like? Jack specifically said he did not want to be hooked up.

Maybe Mariah is only an acquaintance and they don't really know her very well.

I can see wetpap's argument, but even friends should not decide what is best. My take is they don't know Mariah except from Peggy buying at her shop.

What connection the author will weave from this possibly being the ex wife of the guy he had destroy the character Sara in an earlier chapter I have no idea.

I'm still trying very hard to find a character in this story to cheer for. Wouldn't any man worry about the ease with which he gets into this womans pants? Is he so special she melted? Or does she fuck anything with a penis? With Mariah I expect it is the latter - great reason for him to worry on countless fronts.

Let's wait and see.

AnonymousAnonymousover 18 years ago
Blue: Keep going

Blue,

I have enjoyed your stories, but then I knew I would after your first when I looked at the list of authors you admire on this site. You are following their leads well.

This Redux has many interesting potential twists and turns: revenge, reconcilliation, new love, enlightenment, etc. You have done a wonderful job of setting the table and it is left to us to see what the menu will be. One cannot ask more from a writer. Keep up the good work and the effort to continue to improve your style.

AnonymousAnonymousover 18 years ago
Why?

Out of context - his actions plus her and name - puzzling direction out of Blue (cute eh).

Your style and content so far has been right on with some of life possiblities - this was a reach but not nearly as much as getting them back together which is where you are leaning.

I don't see how that could be credible - Oh it might satify some of the romantics but cmon he is a big boy and can fill out his life with someone who he can respect. Was she right in the end - is he a wimp?

kydreamrkydreamrover 18 years ago
Well written and very intense

I think Jack's reaction came partially from his frustration with his ended marriage with Karen. He seemed to be taking out his aggressive anger on Mariah. True her positive reaction may have been a surprise to her, but it could have very well killed the relationship before it started too.

phoenix764phoenix764over 18 years ago
Great Start

Blue,

You are one of my favorite authors. Whether or not Karen and Jack get back togther is up to you. I can see it going either way. I hope that Jack doesn't get hurt by Mariah. Personnally I would question a woman's (not lady) motives for having sex just after meeting me ( and certainly not without protection!). I am eagerly waiting to see where you take this story. Also, I forget if Jack and Karen had kids. If they did, how did the kids react to the divorce?

AnonymousAnonymousover 18 years ago
pillar to post

You write extremely well Blue88, but your plots and your characters seem to go from pillar to post. Your first 4 chapters of Karen were beautifully written about warm hearted loving couple. Then you had Karen revert to teen age promiscuous idiot and Jack changed from warm loving husband to cold, vindictive, unforgiving husband,who rushed to divorce lawyer. Now Jack goes from broken hearted, depressed man to lustful, rapacious man who reacts to seductive type woman he used to depise.It is kind of fascinating trying to keep up with your plot and character machinations. When does Sara appear with Maria's ex ?--and when does Karen appear? 60 year old George

AnonymousAnonymousover 18 years ago
Another great story in this series

This is a great story; and I'm sure that it will end before many of us want it to...

At this point there is certainly some sympathy to getting Karen and Jack back together. Karen has realized her mistake and has paid for it for 18 months. Jack is also still paying for his decision to divorce. They love each other, but need help.

Not sure where the Mariah and Jerry Cookson characters are going. It would also be nice to have in the epilogue or wrap up what finally happened to Jim and Sara....

Or I guess we can use our imaginations....

Keep up the good work...

AnonymousAnonymousover 18 years ago
Deus ex machina

Far too much coincidence in this story for it to have any credibility. Out of everyone in the country that she could be, Mariah just happens to the ex-wife of the man Sara marries. And then of all the agencies in Chicago, her partner in crime just happens to use the services of Karen's company. And then out of all the people in the company, Karen just happens to be put on this account. Nope, just doesn't wash.

bornagainbornagainabout 17 years ago
Cookson

He finally gets Johns Belsons ex wife

then later married ted cookson from the plane ride when she went on her trip .

Pat

Atlanta,ga

RePhilRePhilover 13 years ago
So far terrific

Looking good so far

AnonymousAnonymousabout 13 years ago
prelude to cuckhood

reconciles with whore wife in next chaps

DWornockDWornockalmost 13 years ago
1*

Why write about the elderly?

norcal62norcal62over 12 years ago
It's been years, however in your continued writing...

please drop the word "agape." The use of "snapped" for a rapid eye motion or head motion has been driven to a cliche' and should be forgotten. There's a little tendency to over write descriptions, weakening the story. Otherwise, and aside from some problems with character logic your writing is entertaining.

saratusaratuover 12 years ago
I get the feeling,,,,,,,

that Wornock needs an enama, soon!

Drbeamer3333Drbeamer3333over 10 years ago
Loved it

Thanks for the offering. Five stars.

tazz317tazz317about 9 years ago
PEOPLE IN THERAPY LIE TO THEMSELVES

its up to the Shrink to figure them out. TK U MLJ LV NV

vastiesmith2vastiesmith2over 8 years ago
gave it a 5 for your effort

and content. Fuck you annony you ass wipe

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago
lol

"Mariah thats a pretty name what do you friends call you"? Sheesh you can tell this guys been out of circulation for a while

Drbeamer3333Drbeamer3333about 7 years ago
Another read

Thanks for the offering.

betrayedbylovebetrayedbyloveabout 7 years ago
Damn

A little convoluted. Why is this woman in Jack's life? He went through enough drama. What's going on?

26thNC26thNCabout 5 years ago
Interesting

Interesting follow up to the Karen series. I liked it.

Just_WordsJust_Wordsalmost 5 years ago
I think I get it.

You finally gave me an explanation for the Karens of the world. I get it now. Thank you and good story.

26thNC26thNCabout 4 years ago

Who is this woman?

MarkT63MarkT63over 3 years ago

Wife of the man screwing Bills wife...

sbrooks103xsbrooks103xalmost 3 years ago

"he had to admit that he felt an overwhelming sadness, an emptiness and a worry that he may have acted precipitously." - No! He acted appropriately.

\

"since it would be the last time they would ever see each other, he gave in to Kate." - "The last time?" Don't they have kids? Grown, yes, but there'll be weddings, grandchildren, etc. From Karen Ch 6: "I will just tell the children that we've grown apart," then they're never mentioned again.

\

I don't believe in the "only one man for me" crap.

\

"What the fuck are you doing? Get the hell off of me, you prick." - WTF? She's the one who came on to him.

\

oldtwitoldtwit11 months ago

MMMMMMM I liked this, you did a good job on the descriptions, I think the characters are well presented

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous