All Comments on 'Jake's Story, Take Two'

by MattblackUK

Sort by:
  • 71 Comments
RePhilRePhilover 11 years ago
BRAVO!

It takes a big man to correct an injustice even an unintentional one. Consider the story fixed and a 5star

TexarManTexarManover 11 years ago
Better ending

I like this ending better and I think it was great that you didn't let him just hook up the the sister. at best it would just be a constant remender of the ex-wife Julie if he went with her and also the fact that he couldn't trust to sister to be honest and forth comming with him. can you imagine going to family get together and seeing he ex-wife and what would that do to there family. the Family would evenualy for give Julie and take to back but not with the constant reminder Jake there so it was best for everyone the he just left.

tazz317tazz317over 11 years ago
SURVIVAL ENTAILS

making a clean get way. TK U MLJ LV NV

oscar73oscar73over 11 years ago
Great story

A true survivior!

cantbuymycantbuymyover 11 years ago
Gave you 5

But I liked the first ending better. It had more emotional impact.

ythebadgerythebadgerover 11 years ago
A better ending

but not a better story.

looking4itlooking4itover 11 years ago
I have read both now

I've read both versions and can say that I enjoyed them equally. I can see where some might feel it unfair that Jake committed suicide in the original version. To me, however, that seemed to fit his character more as well as being a much tougher revenge to live with for both Ted and Julie. But again, this version still had him keeping his balls and making the other two suffer. Although I think picking up with Pat could have exacted some revenge on Julie as well. The sweetest revenge is a life well lived and a loving relationship with a sister would be a constant reminder of Julie's loss. Thanks for both.

C_frommnC_frommnover 11 years ago
I Liked

Both Stories but this was a Better Get Back.

likeboblikebobover 11 years ago

better than the first one

solotorosolotoroover 11 years ago
Well done

The last sentence was spot on.

Not sure about the category though. It might be better suited in sci-fi, after all, "good" boxed wine?

AnonymousAnonymousover 11 years ago
Ted made a chopping gesture. "Shut up. Don't 'Uncle' me, you little turd! And don't bother coming in to work tomorrow. You are fired." He rounded on Julie: "And you, you stupid little whore, you'd better not come in eithe

That's the best you can do to a CUM DUMP CUNT WHORE BAG WIFE who cheated on her FAITHFUL WAR HERO husband .. get her skank ass fired????? How about beating the living shit out of the slut .. Ladies you do not hit ... Cheating Whores YOU DO!!!!!!

Typical WIMP ASS British writer.

karan9876karan9876over 11 years ago
A much better end.

As far as comparisons go this one is a no- brainier. This end is much better than the original one.

AnonymousAnonymousover 11 years ago
Not a good start. Lazy.

"Jake and Julie Burrows had been together for 16 years, even though they were only in there late 20s."

Young love might be cute, but only when they're in their late 20s after 16 years. There, that's told you.

But I'm giving you some leeway on a story just writ this morn..it's crap. you're a cunt author and this story has everything I hate - no humor but yet thinking it has. It's bland and plastic beyond wretchedness and there's not even a punchline? Are you fucking jondoenut come back to haunt us? Fuck off and take your shit the way...

Oh ok - 3* keep trying.

winterfoxxwinterfoxxover 11 years ago
Can't please everyone!

I certainly see why some of the readers (especially in this genre) would prefer this new ending.

I'm not one of them which just proves you can't please everyone.

My main criticism is the sudden change in Jakey's persona. Your first ending, while dark, fit with the persona you created, at least IMHO.

Regardless, appreciate your time/effort in sharing this with us!

StangStar06StangStar06over 11 years ago
Good story

I can't tell you which one I liked better because I missed the original one. But I liked this story. I'm not one for nit picking. I read a story for entertainment and this one did the job. Now let me go read the other version. Great job!

AnonymousAnonymousover 11 years ago
"I only evesdropped on you because"

While what she did was completely inexcusable and whorish behavior, wiretapping one's life for any reason is also way over the line. Not anywhere near the same level of course, because cheating is bottom of the barrel, but the cheap rationalization is pathetic. It's sneaky, manipulative shit, and and older "wiser" co-worker should have known better than to recommend it. Had she not cheated on him, she'd be perfectly within her rights never to trust him again and demand a divorce.

In context of the story, he didn't deserve to be cuckolded for it, but he's a stupid ass for disrespecting his wife by wiretapping her.

LickideesplitLickideesplitover 11 years ago
Wimp? Only from previous 'take!'

Those commenters who claim the previous 'take' on this story was more consistent with Hubby's 'character' are projecting his 'character' from the previous ending! There is precious little in the shared opening of these 'takes' to determine if he is suicidal (except the impression of his counselor.) In neither version do I see a rationale for others to label him 'Gimp!'

It is hard to reconcile a week-long coma for a leg injury with being moved back to the US for rehab two weeks after injury!

Better solution than 'take one' but still too fast ... it violates the Sicilian rule ... "Revenge is a dish best served cold!" Have some fun ... Draft a buddy to create a ruckus in the lobby 3-4 minutes after the cheaters go into Uncle's office. Remove her used panties from the laundry-basket for 3-4 days. Put them deep between the front seats in her car (after getting cum-scrapings) several days later! Microwave her mascara! Ask Ted to keep an eye on her for him, since Hubby's seen her driving away with the HS star Black football player! Then have the party!

Sid0604Sid0604over 11 years ago
Thank you

Hey Matt...

You probably already know that you can't please everyone but then there are a lot of us readers who thoroughly enjoyed it.

I liked this version so much more. Thank you. Please keep writing.

Huedogg2Huedogg2over 11 years ago
I agree with Stalking_A

It's an okay story, but to punishment what so ever. The wife was planning to leave anyway. Fuck that fantasy shit, the wife had no respect for him what so ever. Fired and divorce for getting him to lick the cum out of her. No punishment.

betrayedbylovebetrayedbyloveover 11 years ago
Great Tale

It was nice that Jake was spared in this version but the cheating whore cunt skank twat wife received no retribution. You know what? Although both versions were top notch this screams for another re-write. Try again. Why not?

chilleywilleychilleywilleyover 11 years ago
Ehhh!

I confess, I don't remember take one, so maybe I missed some stuff. This story as a stand alone piece was a decent first draft. Lot of continuity issues. So how did Matt Simson know Ted fucked her on his desk? Why would her sister Pat assume at this anguished moment, he would want to publicly agree to date her? At the moment he was throwing his wife of many years over board, If I were her sister, I'd keep a low profile, and go see him privately in a few days. Lastly the whole story sequence it seems a bit immature to me. He is too goody two shoes perfect. Constant pain can kill sexual desire, make one short tempered, and married people shouldn't keep secretes from each other, especially big ones, and constant pain is a really big one. That sort of secrecy would have put a hitch in their marriage.

Her cheating might well have been in response to a perceived lack of interest in her sexually, short tempered behavior towards her etc. I find stories more interesting when the characters are more nuanced, somewhat ambiguous.

All that said, you're not a bad writer, just need a more complicated story line, IMO.

Chilley

bruce22bruce22over 11 years ago
Sort of routine revenge story

And of late one has to hunt through the archives to read revenge or reconciliation stories! The latter takes more work by the author to make it half way convincing though there are lots of readers on here who refuse to believe that reconciliation is possible. I suggest that they find some statistics on this subject. It seems that a reasonable number of couples can get past a problem. I am not saying that in the present case this applies..

Have to agree with those that felt that she was not adequately punished...

Drbeamer3333Drbeamer3333over 11 years ago
Enjoyed the first better

While the dialogue in the first lacked authenticity and came across as wooden, the story line was genuine. The ending fit perfectly with the description of Jake as an emotionally scarred soldier. That was real life, as his wife's affair pushed him over the edge. This ending satisfies the critics who constantly clamor for the bitch to be burned.

chytownchytownover 11 years ago
Good Read***

Thanks for sharing.

lonewolf3307lonewolf3307about 11 years ago
Not really anything special but compared to the other ending...

... this was like Shakespeare vs. a 1st grade book report.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 11 years ago
much better ending

much better. THANK YOU

LeFrog08LeFrog08about 11 years ago
I prefer this version.

The first one left a sour taste; this is much better, in my view.

TavadelphinTavadelphinalmost 11 years ago
Hmm I LIKE this better

But I think you wrote a better ending the first time

I think the first ending was consistent with how you built the characters - his dependence on her and her love is what made him live -

This was more the BTB story most of us want to have happen so he gets to live on in spite of her stupidity - it probably was just her idiotic fantasy talking on the phone but she did say it he did hear it she should pay for it -

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 11 years ago
Booooring

Man, this was sad and boring -- and not very sexy/sexual

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 11 years ago
This is suppose to be better?

In what way, pray tell. Poor sap still ended up with the short end of the stick and cheating slut wife really didn't get any pain.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 10 years ago
Yuck

Gave a four because it did draw me in but it also left a bad taste in my mouth.

Maybe that is what it was supposed to do.

You should write a few btb to balance it out or at least some where there is a real penalty to the cheater.

lance_spearmanlance_spearmanabout 9 years ago
This ending

(presenting the evidence of cheating at a party with close family and friends) has been done to death (pardon the pun given the original ending). The first version was far more original.

KarenEKarenEabout 9 years ago
Fair

Better than the first, just on his survival alone, but "Blah!" otherwise.

It might be trite, but I would have dialed the re-write back before the recordings and have Pat rat her sister out. Then maybe she could end up with Jake!

SoMikeSoMikeover 8 years ago
Better...

I mean, really guys, IT'S JUST FUCKING PUSSY! No use going off the deep end for some cheating, mendacious twat. Like others have said, the best revenge is going and living a good life. Maybe even a better life. Don't give anyone the fucking satisfaction of watching you put yourself through hell because of what THEY did to you. You younger folks, under twenty, even thirty or forty, this is really important to remember. Bullied in school? Find out what it'll take to get your dream job, and then fucking DO IT! You've got time. Don't wait for others to say "sorry". They not only don't give a shit about you, they don't give a shit about themselves. When you achieve your goals, just look back on your tormentors--be they bullies, exes, bosses, etc.--and give 'em a big god-damn middle finger salute: FUCK YOU! Then laugh, pull your sexy SO alongside you, and walk away.

Heed my advice, kids. Fuck 'em.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 8 years ago
May be its just me...

But i see the UnCle as the most devious cunning rat here. in order to avoid being sued & protect his bank from litigation, he performs a stroke of genius move to console jake, & castigate ted & julie in public will go a long way to protect his bank from litigious repercussions, Smart opportunistic move Uncle Miles.

Jake being brokenhearted & sorrowful makes sense if julie had told him she did not love him anymore & was leaving him. A soldier is just not trained to go out willy nilly like a boar headfast, he is trained to investigate with limited resources & most importantly Limited TIME. Here Jake was lucky to learn of the depth of julie's betrayal

& then on he acted as a rational soldier.

No soldier comes home unchanged by war, war is hell, a soldier may wallow in self pity, suffer miserably, & even abuse drugs/alcohol/other negative methods to tide over his/her feelings, But a true test of a soldier is when a soldier is cornered, a soldier not only fightback, but defeats the enemy with most effective tacts, efficient & precise.

ScorpioJJScorpioJJover 7 years ago
Much better ending

This is a better way to handle her betrayal. The original ending didn't make sense for a war hero.

Ocker51Ocker51about 7 years ago
Good story

I enjoyed this story p, thumbs up👍🏻👍🏻👍🏻👍🏻👍🏻

AnonymousAnonymousabout 7 years ago
A bit better, still shitty

Cut the cum drinking thing man. You're emarassing yourself.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 6 years ago

I generally like MB's stories, including this one. What I want to comment on is how absolutely narrow some of the loving wives readers are: the ones who insist that in every story, the cheaters be punished severely. That is just not the way life is. I know these stories are fictions, not life, but to be so far away from life in this respect would just strike me as irritating and stupid. People are different, and they react in different ways. And on the whole, in life, things are not really set up well for people to get amazing revenge. Second, it is just tedious to have the same outcome every time (isn't it?). I imagine some of the commentators must have considerable internal emotional pressure to demand this same thing - severe punishment - over and over and over again. Anyway, to repeat myself, I like MB's stories and find the range of outcomes in them to be reasonable and interesting.

LeFrog08LeFrog08almost 6 years ago
A better ending.

I didn’t like the first version.

This is more fitting.

PowersworderPowersworderalmost 6 years ago
RE: anon

"readers who insist that in every story, the cheaters be punished severely. That is just not the way life is."

You're right, real life isn't like that at all. In fact, people are often rewarded for behaving like totally selfish assholes, and they get away with it again and again. That kind of thing happens all the time in real life... there's rarely any karmic justice.

But it's depressing as hell, and not much fun to read about.

Often "Loving Wives" stories serve as morality plays, where the evil cheater gets punished and the faithful spouse is rewarded at the end for being "good". It might not be realistic, but for thousands of years, stories have served to entertain rather than try to be as realistic as possible.

If a wife in a story behaves like a loathsome, selfish monster, I enjoy reading about her justly deserved comeuppance. If she ends up happily remarried with a rich, handsome, well-hung, studly lover and the faithful husband gets fucked over by the divorce courts, left destitute, heartbroken and alone... well, it might be realistic, but it's sure as hell not enjoyable to read!

far_wanderer1984far_wanderer1984about 5 years ago

Could of been a better story if he ended up with Pat, after some people he should of seen that Pat was only trying to help and was conflicted by family bonds but had learned her lesson

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
Great story

I was reading the comments, sometimes more interesting than the story, and I will throw my hat in the ring regarding the ending. I liked it, and I liked the realism it portrayed without a big btb ending. I do believe to that there is something to the saying that the best revenge is living well. Burning the wife would in the long run help the her to feel better, knowing she got some of what she deserved. Him not burning her doesn't help her at all, and she will feel it.

26thNC26thNCover 4 years ago
Another

Another good Mattblack story. I like the ending, it seems more real to me.

PowersworderPowersworderover 4 years ago

I just read this again and have to agree with far_wanderer. A better ending would have been him hooking up with Pat for two reasons:

1) Fucking little sis would have really stuck it to his slut wife. Seeing them together would be a constant reminder of her betrayal and make sure Julie stays ostracized from her family.

2) He was right not to fully trust Pat, for not telling him about the affair. She was obviously split between loyalties, but she chose Julie over him, proving that she didn't love him as much as she claimed. However, having her warm his bed would help him get over Julie faster and was far less effort and much cheaper than dating.

When the divorce was over, he could decide whether to keep Pat or dump her and move on.

sbrooks103xsbrooks103xover 4 years ago
Thoughts

"He wasn't supposed to hear that?" - Duh, ya think? But I suppose he also wasn't supposed to eat Ted's cream pie, either?

Definitely better than the first story.

vickitvohiovickitvohioover 4 years ago
So much better

Definitely worth the rewrite

AnonymousAnonymousabout 4 years ago
Ted didn't get off with just being fired.

He was beaten quite severely by several men one night after a session in the pub. He was found in a back alley in a bad way. Both knee caps shattered, jaw shattered several broken ribs and destroyed genitals.

The last thing he heard was as a kick to his balls was delivered was "Not bad for a crip hey"

Ted realised he really fucked up when he targeted the wife of a decorated soldier.

He lived his life in penury and wished he had never fucked Jakes wife.

KoxokKoxokabout 4 years ago

Thank you for the second ending. The first ending was ok to me, but I enjoyed this one more.

Just_WordsJust_Wordsabout 4 years ago
The big reveal in front of friends and family...

...has been done before, but I don't know that it has been done as well. No rental hall. No stage. Just an intimate moment with the right people. Perfect! Even the boss rose to take action against his nephew. Better than perfect, if that were possible! Best of all, she gets found out while he is performing a loving act (of spying) to try to get her the best gift possible. That says it all.

26thNC26thNCover 3 years ago
So much

So much better than the prequel. Great story.

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
Finally got how to write about a real man

Ditto

NitpicNitpicabout 3 years ago
Good

Good story,always nice to see cheats outed in public.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

I like that! I still think he should marry Pat

geoffgpgeoffgpalmost 3 years ago

No stars for first edition 5⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ For this one.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

So much better than the original!! Indeed, why should he make it convenient for the whore to continue her affair with the bottom-feeding scum? Preferred ending but it would be so much better if the names were right e.g. who is SALLY?

MattblackUKMattblackUKalmost 3 years agoAuthor

Sally was accidentally left after a name edit. Well spotted.

robdh51robdh51about 2 years ago

much better than original, thank you for the edit

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

No passion or anger in the story. Just a made-up storyline. Very boring to read

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

The correct response is to immediately take the recording to the police and have her arrested for sexual assault (he didn’t consent to the other man’s fluids). Divorce is easier when she’s in prison for a felony!

ZK

dikupinyadikupinyaover 1 year ago
ok

second ending was better. except it needs more revenge against ted and julie. and he should have fucked pat just for kicks.

DeanofMeanDeanofMeanover 1 year ago

Way better than the first

Medussa55Medussa558 months ago

I get it you felt guilty over the way you treated Jake in the first version and wanted some sort of catharsis. As you say it is really just a write up of what came into your head. It needed more, how did this all resolve, what happened to Julie, how did Jake recover and what's the point of Pat's little speech at the end.

WisquejacWisquejac8 months ago

Liked much more than the other, but the other was great too. Just like happier? Ending better.

26thNC26thNC8 months ago

Much better, because I don’t believe that a man like Jake would kill himself.

AnonymousAnonymous8 months ago

Again, poor word choice, referring to a man who had survived a land mine explosion, as stumped.

Pjam1968Pjam19687 months ago

Much but very much better ending

sbrooks103xsbrooks103x7 months ago

As I said on the other story, I know this is an older story and you're British, but "whilst" is British usage, Americans say "while."

\

I don't believe that the talk about leaving Ted was fake. Everything else in that conversation was accurate, why wouldn't that be?

sbrooks103xsbrooks103x7 months ago

"Oh, Jake! Don't worry! What I want is the best birthday present in the world. Ever!" - She wants the "best birthday present in the world. Ever!" yet he shouldn't worry?

AnonymousAnonymous7 months ago

Too simplistic. Two stars approaching three, but never getting there.

JPB

oldtwitoldtwit6 months ago

Simple, yes, but you did a reasonable job of it

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userMattblackUK@MattblackUK
1467 Followers
Writer for over 30 years. Hack journalist, decided to try writing for Literotica, too. And still having fun here 10+ years later

SIMILAR Stories