Jenny's Gift

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

As we were introduced before the start, I looked up into the stands and gave a smile towards the spot where I knew my parents were sitting, but to my surprise I saw Jenny. She pointed at me, and I could see her smiling face even from poolside. I suddenly had a feeling of confidence and resolve that I had never felt before.

Soon a buzzer sounded and I was in the water and giving it everything I had. I really don’t remember much about the race except looking up at the scoreboard after the touch. I saw my name in the second position, but then noticed that my time was identical to the first place and was ruled a tie. It was also much better than I had ever done. When I crawled out of the pool, I was surrounded by some of my teammates, but I really just wanted to look up into the stands to find Jenny. I scanned the area and saw my parents cheering, but could not see Jenny.

To the surprise of most of the spectators watching that night, my relay also placed first, completing an upset of a strongly favored team. I looked all around the natatorium, but still could never find Jenny.

Late that night, the team bus dropped us off at the school, and our family members were waiting to pick us up. Beneath my warm-up jacket, I had two gold medals and a new feeling of self-esteem. My parents came over and congratulated me, and then I saw Jenny.

“Jenny, I won!” I choked out. She smiled and gave me a hug and a kiss.

“I know,” she said. “ I watched.” I was confused. I couldn’t understand why she had not come down to congratulate me after I won the races. Finally she said, “Ben, that was your night. You needed to realize that you had the ability to excel if you could just believe in yourself. You didn’t need to be distracted by me.” She paused and continued. “ I told you that I would be there with you, and I was, but you were the one that finally let your ability show. Now you understand that you can make it on your own – with or without me.” What I didn’t know was how prophetic her words would be.

Jenny and I had a wonderful time at the senior prom. I did get a special present from her later that night after the dance, but that is another story. We spent the remainder of the summer after our graduation enjoying each other’s company. We went hiking, swimming, and camping, not to mention making love. I sometimes think that summer may have been the best time of my life.

In the autumn, Jenny went to a very prestigious university on a full academic scholarship. I went to another college on a swimming scholarship, courtesy of the times I had at the state meet. I wish I could have attended the same school as Jenny, but considering the cost of tuition, it was not really a reasonable option. We did get together on weekends, however, as often as we could.

Then my life changed.

I became concerned when she did not arrive to see me on a weekend in late November. Jenny was very reliable, and it would be unusual for her to even be late arriving. Finally the telephone rang, and I expected to hear that her car had broken or she had some minor problem. Instead, it was Jenny’s mother. I could tell by the tone of her voice as soon as I answered that something was very wrong.

“Ben, I have some terrible news,” she said. “Jenny was killed in a wreck on the highway this afternoon.” I suddenly felt like my world had imploded. “Ben, I’m very sorry,” she sobbed. “It was obvious to everyone how much you meant to each other.” Her mother told me that Jenny frequently said even as a little girl, that I was the one she wanted to grow up to marry. I couldn’t say anything I felt so stunned.

I later gave Jenny’s mother one of my gold medals to place in her casket when she was buried. I really felt that she was the one that had made it possible for me to win. It took me a very long time to get over that event.

Now, many years later, I am happily married. I can say without hesitation that I truly love my wife. However, occasionally when I am alone, I will go into my office and pull a small wooden box from a drawer. I will open it and see a gold medal, a note, and some navy blue satin underwear. A vision of her wearing that skimpy bikini flashes through my brain. And then, though it has been many years, I am soon breathing in her special fragrance that evokes a deep stirring in my loins. I inhale that unique perfume from my special gift, and think of…

Jenny….

12