All Comments on 'Journalist Visits Swingers Club'

by Racqel

Sort by:
  • 2 Comments
rover5520rover5520over 10 years ago
Wonderful!

Hello Racqel.

This is such a gorgeous story,and so beautifully written(as are many of your works),I just had to let you know how much I enjoyed this one in particular.

Regards and happy new year,

Lindsay Gilmour.

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago
Odd they'd split the lady from her partner?

Usually, these sorts of clubs operate as "couples clubs" because they otherwise would get no enquiries from single females (who are turned off or scared off by the "looking for just sex" aspect) and too many single males (whom they'd never be able to pair off, unless this were a gay sauna where they can be paired to each other). Admit only (or primarily) couples and the numbers suddenly evenly match.

They wouldn't turn away a single female (as she is a rare animal they'd gladly hunt to near-extinction and devour for their pleasure) but, given the emphasis on couples, the reporter would likely be less conspicuous if she brought a boyfriend in with her to be just another couple. Any local newspaper articles about these places are written this way in real life - it's easier for the reporter to submit an "I went to XYZ with my own partner" piece (which doesn't fess up to either of them having sex with their journalistic subjects, as that's conflict-of-interest fodder, although writing that they danced the night away with each other in one of these places is safe) and not easy or advisable to write "I went to XYZ club to cheat on my partner" as this will appear in tomorrow's print edition. Journalists are conservative to appear objective.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous