All Comments on 'Judge Not 01'

by JayDavid

Sort by:
  • 6 Comments
ReiDeBastosReiDeBastosabout 11 years ago
Nicely done

...and pretty believable, although it would take a heck of a mature teenager not to haveexploded when he found out that the pastor had ratted him out to his parents.

And I do not see how what the pastor said was an admmission, tacit or otherwise, that he had had sex.

I think you are doing a pretty good job of being critical of the behaviors and attitudes of certain church members, while avoiding (so far, at least) criticising the church itself.

I hope you continue to avoid crossing that line (and I am not a believer).

-Rei

PeterspeterPeterspeterabout 11 years ago
I love crafty virgins

Shelby has made her decision, she will be part of the contemporary world. And she wants to take Nathan with her. They're both headed out of their church world, to college out of town, albeit different ones. So she's gonna nail her guy, and the confrontation with Pastor Cullum is the start of her plan. This story is well-plotted, well-edited, and moves along. I hope you keep up the quality and don't let the few negative folks get to you.

pontiacwhitepontiacwhiteabout 11 years ago
Wonderful start to a story

Jay, This is a great story. It is very, very believable. I am a Christian. I'm a believer in a forgiving God whose son took all the heat for us. Despite all he asks of us in scripture, he knows we are human and that we don't always do the "right" thing. Even those with more integrity than the majority of the population are human, and respond to the wonderful physical gifts put before us. Your character development is wonderful. I especially like the way that you told us about Shelby's character. It is nice when the narrator turns over the reins for a moment and lets another character tell the reader about themself. Well done, and I'll be sure to read all your stuff from now on.

jumpingjimmyjumpingjimmyalmost 10 years ago
dejavue

Been there--done that.

rightbankrightbankover 8 years ago
they don't like it

when you ask questions

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

Christopher Hitchins was right. Religion really does ruin everything. 5 stars.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous