All Comments on 'Julie and the Old Coot'

by magmaman

Sort by:
  • 4 Comments
SLC-OhioSLC-Ohioalmost 19 years ago
very well written

Several strata above anything that I have read here in the last few days. My God, this guy even used spellcheck! As I read, I got the impression that this was a true story, and the author really was a beer bar performer. That's certainly a mark of a succesful piece of work.

The style of short paragraphs flows well in this internet forum. And the author played words back and forth, like resisted / insisted, words that could be repeated if this was transposed to verse. It some spots it did read like poetry, or a song from the 60s, it even reminded me of a B Dylan song where he must go on with his singing verses and ignore what's happening.

I only found one grammatical error, and that's a record for what I have read on Lit.

If I was grading this story in a creative writing class at university level - not high school, university level - I would give it an A.

magmamanmagmamanalmost 19 years agoAuthor
*Well, yep...!

*Well...I really was up on stage in the 60's, really did know Julie and Harold, that kinda helps.

But I don't own no spelchekker, them things can't spel atoll...*LOL..What's this about a gramma...granmer..mistake?

Thanks,

MGM

msboy8msboy8almost 19 years ago
Good Story

Different but good. I thought you captured the atmosphere well.

AnonymousAnonymousover 10 years ago
WELL THAT WAS DIFFERENT

could never perform in front of another man especially with his wife....never was in to swinging or exhibitionism.....but if it floats your boat then go for it......

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
usermagmaman@magmaman
6', 186#, published writer. I have worn many hats. As a young man I was crazy, carefree and making wads of money. Then along came a messed up war and I was cannon fodder. From there I came home even crazier, and survived a 120 MPH crash which got me 15 years in a wheelchair...