All Comments on 'Justice'

by woodmanone

Sort by:
  • 37 Comments
tazz317tazz317about 12 years ago
JUSTICE IN THE OLD WEST

wasnt always swift, but it was definite. TK U MLJ LV NV

bruce22bruce22about 12 years ago
Zane Grey rides again!

It really catches the tone of the old West Stories except for the fact that standup fights were supposed to have been very rare. Ambushes were the tonic of the epoch according to scholars.

WyldMTWyldMTabout 12 years ago
Loved it!

You are a great story teller. I love your westerns. Keep up the great writing!

michs28michs28about 12 years ago

As soon as I saw that you were the author of this story I knew that I had to read it, glad I did. It has been a while since you wrote a story, they have all been good. Keep writing, and than you.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 12 years ago
Good read

As a 7th gen Texan, history buff, and Louis Lamour fan, I have to take time to say Well Done.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 12 years ago
Hell on Wheels?

Good read though.

db1044db1044about 12 years ago
Loved It

We lived in Ft. Stockton for 15 years and three of our four kids were born there. We fished a lot on the Devil's River side of Lake Amistad northwest of Del Rio. The standing joke in Ft. Stockton was that it was in the middle of the best fishing in Texas - 200 miles in any direction. Your accurate geography brought back old memories.

donaldedonaldeabout 12 years ago
great story

another excellent story thank you for posting and looking forward to more like it

AnonymousAnonymousabout 12 years ago
Thanks for the Woodmanone western fix.

As much as I love your Crusader series {and hope you keep them up} it's set present day and it's been a while since you've ventured back into the old-time western story that you do so well. I liked the story a lot, and hope you sneak more of these into your Lit mix [in amongst the Crusader chapters, of course. ;->]

Thanks, woodmanone, you're certainly one of my favorite Lit writers. At 68, the story part of a "stroke-story" is much more important to me than the stroke part. The absence of the latter in most all of your work is inconsequential in view of your great handling of the stories. Please keep them coming.

LitID: Tyro999

email: oj3usmc.yahoo.com

AnonymousAnonymousabout 12 years ago
Great read!

Very,very well written.

RHinSCRHinSCabout 12 years ago
Good Story

We have not forgotten what happened here.

shangoshangoabout 12 years ago
Would have given you a five

Until you had the Hero spout that Revisionist horseshit about why he fought for the Confederacy. Any man who believed "Politicians halfway across the country didn't have the right to tell the South how to live" COULD NOT believe it was okay to own another human being.That's contradictory. I also don't care for literature that has an Author force-feeding me their Politics. That's the reason I stopped reading folks like Murphy, Cornwall and others

AnonymousAnonymousabout 12 years ago
It's A Five, Woody

despite my agreeing with Shango about your understanding of the politics producing the Civil War. You just write too authentic a Western to underscore it. The Revolutionary War writers of the Declaration Of Independence and the Constitution understood very clearly the importance of maintaining the Republic over States Rights.

D

AnonymousAnonymousabout 12 years ago
Another great read, but

Langtry, TX wasn't settled until1882.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 12 years ago
GOOD STORY

Shango is like most democrates; wants to write and read what liberals tell him/her. Just like modern day people are tired of big government trying to run their lives; but there will always be sheep like Shango. Big government do as I say not as I do. If you notice anything one set of people don't like something they do without; if a democrate dislikes something they try to force everyone into the same "law" yet they are the first ones to violate law.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 12 years ago
Liked it!

The armies of the Confederacy were not made up of slave owners. Mostly they were men just like Calab - men who didn't want politicians from far away telling them how to live. Anyway, the proximate cause for the war wasn't slavery but the Morrell tax. Slavery became an issue affter Antietam Creek and mostly started as a political ploy by Lincoln to forstall British or French aid to the Confederacy.

deJay_13deJay_13over 11 years ago
Shango is correct

He really SHOULD never read what writers of any opposing viewpoint write. The last thing he needs is to be educated out of his narrowminded ignorance. He would never be happy with truth and rational thinking.

Good writing, woodman.

deJay

pumpop201pumpop201about 10 years ago
I was never a fan of westerns....

I was never a fan of westerns until reading your work. Thanks for making me a BIG fan.

Chief3BlanketChief3Blanketalmost 9 years ago
Well!

I use to read westerns when I was a teenager. This is the first one I have read in a letter long time and enjoyed it.

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago
justice

That was a great story. I really like the novels because you tell good stories that last a long time. your short stories go to fast and are almost, emphasis on almost, not worth the time to read since they take longer to comment on than to read.

Ed Grocott

edgrocott@gmail.com

xtchrxtchrover 8 years ago
Wow!

Justice is served. Great story, interesting characters and realistic. Can't say much but Wow. Thank you for a great story.

PeteCedarPeteCedarover 8 years ago
Glad to see

Justice was appropriately portioned out. Now days you end up in jail just for slapping someone who would have done something like that. Today these guys would be living it up in California without a care in the world with all the protection the law would give them. A confession letter like that would be challenged as being contrived and these guys would walk with a smile on their face.

calflashcalflashabout 8 years ago
western sci fi

way too much circumstance and "good luck" tracing this band of murderers in wide open spaces. Still an engrossing and enjoyable read - just not up to usual level of believability.

Sir GalahadSir Galahadover 7 years ago
Good retelling of a standard Western plot

The characters are almost standard Hollywood issue for a programmer Western, but Caleb's motivation is certainly believable. The sheriff who understands the difference between Law and Justice was a nice touch.

My one complaint is that there was no erotic action in the story, any more than there would have been in the 1930s or 1940s oaters that this fits in with so nicely. The name of the site IS Literotica, after all. There were two points where you could have had Caleb take Mary to bed and it would have been organic to the story; I was disappointed you chose not to take advantage of them.

One other comment as regards formatting. When you have a character thinking, either put his thoughts in quotes with an appropriate wording like "he thought" or "he said to himself," something like that; or put his thoughts into italics so it is clear he is thinking now and not speaking. Less confusing for your readers.

tazz317tazz317over 7 years ago
FRONTIER JUSTICE

is swift....fast....brutal....but not always legal. TK U MLJ LV NV

rightbankrightbankalmost 7 years ago
Take control

Rather than rely on others.

On their way back through he should take the sheriff aside and tell about the problem in the telegraph office.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 6 years ago
Rushed ending

I enjoyed the story, but I think you rushed the ending. A little more detail concerning his rehab and building on the relationship with Mary would have made it better.

Schwanze1Schwanze1almost 6 years ago
Naah

It was perfect.

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago

So... Liberals are the ones that force laws down peoples throats... And don't obey ths laws they write... Kinda like that law about all men being created equal... And if you fought on the side of the confederacy... You fought to preserve slavery... Period.. The hypocracy of white america is deplorable... As are their excuses for their continued racism... I quit reading at the same place shango did... And for the same reason... And the fact that some racist right wingers jumped in and defended this... Isn't something to be proud of... Shame cause i was enjoying the story up until that point... Sorry... Won't be reading anymore of your works...

-jaye-

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
yes

A good story at last have read so much sh*t this was a more refreshing forget the political freaks it was just a story

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
another good read

pretty good writen for a good ol boy that never got west of Gumbo

Jhbrown27Jhbrown27over 4 years ago
Great stuff

I'm a sucker for such stories, I admit. Yes, yes, I've read dozens of them but I still like them.

LilacQueen15LilacQueen15over 3 years ago

Excellent story! Very western.

DarknsDarknsalmost 2 years ago

Always love reading your westerns. Another 5 ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️

DrtywrdsmithDrtywrdsmithabout 1 year ago

You spin great western yarns, hope you write some more! Always fun to read. ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

JUSTICE WAS SERVED

Starwolf1961Starwolf1961about 1 year ago

I do love your writing. Thanks for your story. KUDOS

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userwoodmanone@woodmanone
2293 Followers
I believe age and cunning will overcome youth and enthusiasm every time. Being some what of an egomaniac I believe my stories are very interesting. Only the readers can verify or disprove that premise. Several of my stories are based on my own experience or most have a little ...