Kat's Venice Vacation

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Once they were decent again, they were amazed at how quiet and secluded this tiny courtyard really was. "How did you ever find this place?" Kat asked

"I don't know I paid that gondolier to take us somewhere private, and... here we are!"

Kat giggled as she re-positioned her dress and the newly renewed couple walked back down towards the Gondola. Kat wondered how they would explain this one away. Perhaps Hubby paid him enough to avoid any unusual questions?

The couple reached the dock and were surprised to see the gondola was gone! They both were positive they were in the right spot, but no boat was waiting for them!

Had this been any other night, Hubby would have most certainly blown his top, but tonight was different and the couple wandered back to their room through the winding streets and myriad of bridges. They both laughed harder, smiled broader, and hugged more often than they had in months. In no time at all, they reached their room, and were just about to go inside, when Kat saw the old gentleman who she had her picture taken with earlier in the evening. He was slowly walking along with his wife and the two of them seemed lost in conversation.

Kat ran over to say hello, and immediately struck up a flowery conversation with the elderly couple about how much fun the event had been earlier that evening. Hubby did his best to follow Kat as she spoke in the native tongue to her clearly overjoyed friends. Near as he could tell they were so glad Kat could be part of the memorial service for the Old Man's elder cousin. As the conversation progressed however, but Kat and Hubby looked at each other in amazement.

Through the conversation, they discovered that the elder cousin had died exactly one year prior. They held the event to honor his memory as the last of a continuous line of gondoliers stretching back to the 1500's. His boat had been used for at least the last 200 years, and sadly could not make it to the ceremony. The elderly couple took out a picture of the deceased gondolier and Kat swallowed her heart back down into her chest before showing it to hubby.

Right there, on the old photograph, was the old man who had just given them the best private gondola ride they had ever experienced.

The End.