La Vita Dolce Ch. 04

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Worse. He was going to kill her. Tears stinging her eyes and fear clenching in her belly Natasha slid back down the hall toward the door. She opened the door as quietly as she could. There was no way she could take the suitcases. She left them snatching up her handbag instead. She slipped out into the unfamiliar hall. An elevator was at the end.

The elevator chimed and reached her when Gianni looked out into the hall. "Natasha?"

She stepped into the elevator and pushed the lobby. The doors slid closed before he could even reached them. Natasha jabbed the lobby button in agitation. "Please, please." She breathed.

"Shit!" Gianni cursed and he slammed the bar on the exit door and tore down the stairs. He reached the lobby, breathing hard and angry. The little fool, what did she think she was doing? The elevator door opened. He grabbed her before she could even scream and hauled her back into the elevator. He punched the button for his penthouse. As the doors slid closed She screamed and writhed in his embrace, certain now that he meant to bring her to some horrible end. He pressed her against the elevator wall. "What the hell do you think you were doing?" he raged.

"Get off me!" she squirmed in his grasp, her eyes wet with tears.

"What the hell were you trying to do?" His grip tightened on her.

She was suddenly still and looked down at his hands on her arms then into his face. "It's not your style."

He brought his face close to hers. "How do you know what is or isn't my style?"

She lowered her voice. "Let go."

He looked into her eyes and was taken aback by what he saw there. Thinly veiled terror. She was terrified. Of what? Of him? His jaw worked as released her but he pulled the red "fermata" knob and the elevator came to a halt. "Talk to me." He demanded.

She glared at him and reached for the button. He sighed and took her wrists in a gentle yet unbreakable grip. She looked him in the eye. "I'm not going back."

His brows drew together and his voice came out sharper than he had meant it to. "Back where?"

"Back to the Byron, to Alejandro, to my uncle." The tension in his grip relaxed. She eyed him warily. "You can't make me."

"I'm not sending you back." He sighed in exasperation. "We're leaving Rome."

12