All Comments on 'Lacks Charm But Wins the Girl'

by Egmont Grigor

Sort by:
  • 19 Comments
AnonymousAnonymousabout 16 years ago
Could be better...

As a fellow Kiwi I always look out for your work. This is OK, but it feels like it was written in ten minutes! The typos and sloppy punctuation aren't worthy of your usual standard - maybe you could get it edited and resubmitted?

The storyline is great, but it's just too rushed to do proper justice to any part of it. It really needed to be at least twice as long to allow a proper appreciation of all the constituent parts.

coaster2coaster2about 16 years ago
Great Story, but needed editing

I agree with the previous comment from your fellow countryman. It was a terrific story about an unusual couple. A bit of scrutiny on the typos and punctuation would have earned a 100. I enjoy your work and can only encourage you to keep at it.

Cheers,

dupage10dupage10about 16 years ago
Nicely done!

Nicely done but must agree with that other comments. The typos, etal. make it more difficult to read than necessary. Need a good editor. But that said, I have always enjoyed your stories! Always a little different with nice character development so the reader cares about the them.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 16 years ago
Fun, as usual

Though you are a Kiwi,your stories twitter amongst the rafters. Of course, with their wicked little claws, they could have crawled up the side. You missed (or were too polite) to allude to the awful classic American 'So, Mrs Lincoln, aside from that, how did you enjoy the play?.

BigFtHunterBigFtHunterabout 16 years ago
WOW

Its been a long time since I read something quite like this. I thoroughly enjoyed it. Thanks

AnonymousAnonymousabout 16 years ago
Proof read

Proof read before publishing

OleTroubadorOleTroubadorabout 16 years ago
To a very literate Aussie

A really great read, but please start using a spelling/grammer checker. Such errors are so distracting!

VernoVernoabout 16 years ago
god awful

great story , but absolutely atrcious grammer

better luck next time

AnonymousAnonymousabout 16 years ago
wonderful

while the spelling was off the story was wonderful.

IndianaLarIndianaLarabout 16 years ago
Good Story

I like a good story line, written well, and with some nice but not "overpowering" sex. Keep writting.

Egmont GrigorEgmont Grigorabout 16 years agoAuthor
To Verno in Cananda"

You wrote: great story , but absolutely atrcious grammer better luck next time

Thanks for your comment but really, ought you be commenting critically on this site when you write like that? Luck rides with me but what about you and others like you?

oldwayneoldwaynealmost 13 years ago
Good llittle tale!

Definitely Five Stars, E.G.! Thanks for a nice little tale. Improbable but fun.

AnonymousAnonymousover 12 years ago

It was a five star story with a two star proof reading before it was published. Loved the story; fought with the readability. Please write more.

An old retarded, er, retired sailor.

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago
Charmless.

Usual crap writing.

Give up.

19pvc4419pvc44about 7 years ago
Excellent

As Always Mr. Grigor - another great story.

19pvc44

anonymousinblueanonymousinbluealmost 6 years ago
why?

Why does she call him dummy on first meeting? She's supposed to wait until they have both acknowledged their love to each other before she's allowed to start her process of humiliation.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 5 years ago
I Liked It

Great story, but a little more punctuation would have gone a long way towards making it so much easier to read. That’s my only complaint. I can almost hear Hunter talking to Lee, in his Kiwi accent, telling her to show him her breasts. Do Kiwis talk like Mick Dundee? You know, inquiring minds want to know.

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
:-(

Well damn! that was an hour of my life I can't get back

stewartbstewartbabout 1 year ago

Enjoyable story ... couldn't wait till I got to the end to understand the beginning and middle !

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous