All Comments on 'Lady Hideaway Ch. 06'

by Blulady

Sort by:
  • 9 Comments
Softly WhispersSoftly Whispersover 19 years ago
This story just gets better

It's nice to see that he's human and that he has his frustration limits. I like male characters who are not 'perfect', even though this tale definitely is a wonderful wonderful spin. As it builds, I begin to cringe as I have a feeling I know where it's going ... Good job! You've sucked me right in and I look for a new update eagerly but patiently. A well crafted tale takes time.

AnonymousAnonymousover 19 years ago
Fabulous

Another great chapter. Stick with the romance. This is by far your thing. Keep em coming.

AnonymousAnonymousover 19 years ago
Better & better

Oh wow. Love the twists & Connor's love. Waiting for more.

AnonymousAnonymousover 19 years ago
Writing Excellent (100); Story-Telling (50)

'tis becoming more and more like a combination of day-time soap and a silly mystery, not a romance, albeit there's aspects of it in the story (not central point of story)

romance is about shared activities and mutual thoughts, be they reading poems together or hiking or dealing with problems together. this is not about dealing with a problem together; this is about a young woman being traumatized, so traumatized, that she thinks it is better to lock herself up in her house for eternity; who said: "the things he did to me... i didn't stop him..."

waht? does that mean she ENJOYED IT AND CRAVED FOR IT, still craves for it? if so, say it!, if not, say it!

and the part of: "oh, please, leave him [new boyfriend] alone... [don't do to him like you did to my last boyfriend...]" --- it's so stupid!

surely women (or men, too, for that matter, even if they're traumatized, and re-traumatized, by some nutcase, who IS STILL OUT THERE), can't be THAT STUPID!, that they'd think locking themselves up inside a mere house keeps them safe from some wacko who rapes and kills as he wishes ---- AND NOT WILLING, or able, to tell the police!

it's so silly. to be afraid, really, really afraid, is one thing; but to be totally idiotic, to hide a trauma from those close to you, the police, so they could help --- by pleading, whether to oneself or to the actual rapist, "please, don't do this any more, please",,, it is so stupid! LOL

again, the writing of the author is excellent and for that alone, i don't wanna ruin the previous posters "perfect" point granting, so i also gave it "100"

but the story telling --- billed as a "romance" --- needs more sophistication, wit, succinctness,,,,

i like "romance", because it is about love, openess, possibilities, heartbreaks, triumphs, defeats, salvation, and living a full and adventerous life, with a special person who also believes in doing those things....

but i almost never care much about "mystery" novels or writings

and if it is a "mystery," as most of the story telling says it is, then "logic" says that the rapist/masochist is a family member or someone in town whom "Tess" and "David" knew, NOT a stranger, who has others/victims to torture across the vast land, who would UNLIKELY stick around, just to torture this young woman, to keep her locked up in her place her entire life --- and THAT is very boring, like Clint Eastwoods highly acclaimed MYSTIC RIVER, or something; very, very boring "mystery"

hisspritehisspriteover 19 years ago
*frowning to anonymous*

Anonymous,

If you care enough to write such a long comment, I think it suggests that this story means something to you, otherwise I don't see the point it wasting words on it by laughing at the author. It is not because you don't like mystery novels or whatever you object to, that you have to necessarily conclude this is "idiotic" or hilarious. If this doesn't fit with your definition of romance, then kindly leave the story as it is and go and search another one that suits you better.

Oh and, to my mind, hiding behind "anonymous" shows you're not (wo)man enough to support your own opinion.

Blulady,

I enjoyed the story and the evolving of the characters. Though I can see why some find it a bit too idealised, that in its own has its charmes. I enjoyed reading your work and I am sure there are others out there who share that opinion. By all means, do continue, please. I am looking forward to the next chapter!!

jakkjakkover 19 years ago
awesome

you just keep makeing this story better i cant wait for the next part. i feel the tension building and hope all comes out good in the end it wouldnt be a romance if it didnt. to anonymous i would just say that this is a romance a good one to say the least and the fact that they are dealing with the problem in their own way just proves how romantic it is everything cant be put in a neat package and pushed out of the way, it would make for just another poor atempt to be part of a genre. "jakk"

AnonymousAnonymousover 15 years ago
Engaging!

I have enjoyed reading these six chapters very much. Connor's character is irresistable! I hope there's more to come! I want to know what's in the shoebox; what's going to happen with the psycho still out there; and how the young lady overcomes her fears. Oh yes, there's also the relationship with Mike and Misty, but that's probably another story. I hope you'll continue with this, it's very engaging!

SpudnickSpudnickalmost 12 years ago
people are so stupid

I just couldn't help but laugh at Anonymous comments. At one point he says "AND NOT WILLING, or able, to tell the police it's so silly. to be afraid, really, really afraid, is one thing; but to be totally idiotic, to hide a trauma from those close to you, the police, so they could help" obviously he is the stupid one all you would have to do is look up one of the statistics of the percentage of women who never report their rape to know that that is extremely common. Also he "surely women (or men, too, for that matter, even if they're traumatized, and re-traumatized, by some nutcase, who IS STILL OUT THERE), can't be THAT STUPID!, that they'd think locking themselves up inside a mere house keeps them safe from some wacko who rapes and kills as he wishes " that too is actually so common that there's even a medical diagnosis for it. So before you go berating the author saying that everything the character is doing is stupid maybe you should look up some of that crap and know that this stuff actually happens and until all that crap actually happens to you you can never understand what those people had to go through and how it is impossible to deal with living after the fact. Sorry for the rant but I just found that whole comment to be completely stupid.

Thanks for writing a great story Blulady. I love it so far and can't wait to read the next part which I will do right after I post this =). Keep up the great work.

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
Beautiful

What a wonderful way to break Tessa's fear of the outdoors!

Thank you.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous