Lamb

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

I could taste me on her and didn't mind at all.

She reached for the door and gave me one last look.

Goodbye?

Thank you?

I wondered what I was communicating to her.

"And that's it?" asked Sharon. "You didn't get her name, number, anything?"

"No," I admitted.

By the time I'd gotten my pants up, the woman was gone. I looked for her in the banquet hall but there was no sign of her. The dope who'd been about to introduce her only remembered her first name, and of that he wasn't too sure. No one seemed to remember her or know of her affiliation with the company. In the end I went home alone, exhausted and bewildered, but happy for the first time in months.

I think Sharon was about to hit me in the shoulder again and tell me that I was a fool.

Perhaps I was. But I knew that if I met this mystery woman again, we'd be hard-pressed to avoid words. Words weave their own spells, for good or ill. The true magic is in the silent spaces between them.

12