All Comments on 'Laura Ch. 05'

by shandal

Sort by:
  • 7 Comments
jlly16jlly16about 14 years ago

ooooooh, getting good. The suspense of the next chapter is dragging me.

denverjohndenverjohnabout 14 years ago
I hope this idiot goes to jail or dies....

I hate beater I hope this guy goes to jail or loses everything or dies. Laura needs a happy life after this piece of crap.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 14 years ago
So very believable!

The suspense is killing me! Fantastic story and so very realistic! You have truly captured the emotions of the characters and delivered a very realistic display of a battered woman! I truly hope that she finds happiness with Chris and that Trish gets what's coming to her and Robert is on the receiving end of a beating. I'm not sure if I would prefer to see him in jail or dead. I'm leaning toward dead. I hate that man! Thanks for writing and sharing this story with us!

gramps14gramps14about 14 years ago
More?

I hope there is more to this and how she makes out in her new life.

Gramps

vietvetvietvetabout 14 years ago
Haven't finished yet:

Just have to make a comment about the cops and the hospice manager.

Haven't been to England, but was in Hong Kong when the Britt's still controlled it and the cops weren't pussies like these two sods.

The hospice operator could have pressed charges and had Robby boy put in jail for at least the night. So much for realism.

shandalshandalabout 14 years agoAuthor
Note from author in response to vietvet

I researched the official guidelines that Police have to follow when dealing with a domestic. They cannot put the man overnight in jail unless he has caused actual physical harm, or the victim presses charges.

With battered woman they often refuse to press charges, and as pointed out in the chapter do not leave or do anything about their situation until about 35 incedents.

Police can issue warnings and log the domestic, they can offer the victim help in contacting shelters, but more than often the woman refuses.

In England woman die nearly every week, killed by their partner who has a history of abuse and police call outs.

Police in this country are hobbled by rules and regulations, and often are overworked with attendance to other incedents and paperwork. Thus domestic violence against woman not pushed as priority.

vietvetvietvetabout 14 years ago
I appreciate your comments:

I a m familiar with domestic abuse as my own daughter was a victim.

I realize that the victim doesn't very often press charges but the operator of the hospice could press charges for criminal trespass, or at least in the U.S.A., at least still at this time, but I think they are trying to change that freedom hear also.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous