Law of the Heart: Defence

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

"My husband has accused me of being a slut for his enemies, and lowering the opinion his friends have for him…for us. That is an upsetting, and proven claim. I can't undo it, the best I can offer is to reinforce to him his role as my husband and only lover in every possible way. And to show I has devoted myself to our union, and to re-earning his trust. I was a stupidly and drunkenly a slut for some evil men for one night. In 14 years I forgot my husband only once, for 6 perhaps 8 hours, I will spend the rest of my life making it up to him. My husband alone will be responsible for defining the limits of those demonstrations."

"Why isn't that written down?"

"If your honour would be gracious enough to reread exhibit A I believe I've anticipated his honours question."

I reread the wedding vows as requested, what was she talking about, there it was, the vows now included the older style obey.

"Jake, I hope you don't think this a tacky offer, and I've kept my submission as professional as I thought you would like them, but I'm offering you anything you want. Anything. But apart from the offer to satisfy all your bedroom wishes, there was a more noble intention, I felt that it would be easier for you to learn to trust me again, if you felt confident that I will always be where you want me to be, doing what you want me to be doing."

"Very well, I have some questions." Time to get back to the crime.

"Yes your honour."

"Has the defendant considered the possibility of becoming pregnant from these events?"

Jill eyes filled again.

"She has your honour; the defendant obtained and took morning after pills as soon as possible."

"Next question, at what time would the defendant have confessed this infidelity to her husband, were he not made aware of it independently."

Jill found this one tough as well. "Never. Jake. I resolved the next day to keep this from you. I understand now how badly that has magnified the offence, but it was the call I made then."

"Third question, which you may have included in you confession, what is the defendant's suggestion for future involvement with acquaintances in Florida, and elsewhere?"

"That would be entirely up to my husband. If he does forgive me, he will need more courage than I to face those acquaintances. I might add that I believe he has that courage, even though he doubts it himself."

"Has the defendant any suggestions regarding a suitable punishment?"

"Not really your honour, unless, do you mean that her husband commit a potential infidelity of his own….obviously the defendant is in no position to protest that action. Your honour the defendant has advised me that any punishment to court deems appropriate will not be appealed against. Perhaps the court should instruct her husband to put the slut over his knee and get it over and done with …but that's just a personal opinion."

This made me smile, with an answering smile from Jill, the first time we'd exchanged any look of intimacy for 3 weeks.

"Order in court, I'll not tolerate that sort of language, defence counsel will remember where she is and moderate her behaviour."

"Sorry you're honour." It didn't sound sincere.

I backtracked quickly, cursing my lapse into intimacy, it was unprofessional, and unfair to Jill to get her hopes up like that at this time.

"Any closing statement"

"Firstly I wish to thank the court for its patience to date, even if the sentence requires me to leave my husband, I am grateful for the chance to put my case. Secondly I am human, I made a huge mistake in Florida, and an even bigger one on my return when I failed to beg forgiveness. I was ashamed, and scared, and that's what led me to deceive my husband. I made a mistake, and thought, hoped, prayed that it would all go away if I pretended it never happened. I know my husband is concerned that I failed to rule out a repeat visit with sufficient vigour, but I swear now, that it would not have happened, that is a hard claim to substantiate as it involves understanding my inner thoughts, but I think my actions in seeking a medical examination, my seeking morning after pills, and not going back on the pill. And my commitment to total honesty since the afternoon in you office when I confessed…admitted fully to the infidelity, I have demonstrated my intention to not reoffend. I apologise if that message wasn't relayed with sufficient vigour, but has been the defendant cast iron intention never to be in that situation again."

"That leads me to an additional question…you are not currently on the pill?"

"No Jake! I have always discussed my contraception arrangements with you, and I always will." A hint of irritation here, she'd have to watch that if she ever became a courtroom lawyer "I would never do something like that without consulting you, you know that. Baby you must believe that. I did obtain a prescription to restart, but I haven't started, and I would not have started without discussing it with you…. you can call my doctor, search my handbag, anything…..its true."

"Why did you get the prescription then?"

"When you were so cold, I was worried you may have suspected something, and might even find out, I you had, and decided to keep me, I wanted us to have the option of us focussing on us for a while, but only after discussing it with you. I still have the intact packet if you want to see it." Her passion here was un-mistakable, and I believed her, besides I wouldn't find anything in her handbag that's for sure, I'm convinced there was still the stubs from the first movie we went to see in there.

"That won't be necessary. There being no further questions, I will now break to consider your submissions." Time for Ol' Jake to commit something as well. "You will have an answer in 1 hour. Thank you for the time and effort you put in to you submission."

"Thank you, your honour, Jake" barely audible.

As I left for the office, without the courage to look again at Jill. I now had one hour to make the biggest decision of my life. Shit, I hated making decisions. Stop and think Jake, get a grip. Dad had always said take a minute to plan your decision. He's also said if two options were so close that you can't decide, then it won't matter which way you go 'cause they are both good, or both shitty, options.

As I sat in our spare room, Jill had offered a very intelligent response to a lot of my concerns, anticipated some, and presented some imaginative options. She had surprised me, I had no idea Jill wanted to be married to me so badly. Or was it the thought of life as a discarded adulteress the motive. The other thing Dad had said, he always talked with my mother before making a big decision, couldn't get into too much trouble that way. I've always discussed big decisions with Jill, I needed her for this, damn it, I needed her here to ask the questions she always did in these situations. After 10 minutes, I'd made a decision. A cop out decision, a typical Jake decision, I would let the evidence decide, I would read the confession and let it decide for me. If it agreed with what I knew and deduced, I would look Jill in the eye, lie, and tell her I forgave her. I would spend the rest of my life trying to make that lie the truth. If however she had failed to take this chance to come clean, I would break three hearts, seek shared custody of Little Jake and get on with my life.

Bracing myself, I poured a large whiskey, settled into Jill's work chair and read. Where it related events that I had observed, it agreed as closely as two people's memories reasonably could. The descriptions of what she did later in the room varied from explicit enough, to vague, she admitted to being fairly intoxicated, and admitted to being passed out with exhaustion, or passion at times so couldn't relate some of the experience. The realisation and embarrassment on waking "naked, messy and sore" and finding Juan (or was it Hector) beside her were vivid, and I felt for her at reading how shattered she was. It was comforting to read her claim that she'd denied Juan, or was it Hector a farewell fuck. Her decision to gloss over the events, and later her reaction to my coldness was traumatic to read. The possibility of re-offence was not cleared up, it never could be, but you can't convict someone on a suspicion. It read like the truth. This confession could never truly address the possibility of re-offence. Being honest with myself I felt the most likely scenario was that Jill had agreed to meet Juan again at some stage during that night, and had worked since to renege on that agreement. If only she had asked for help I thought sadly. But both those suspicions were unsubstantiated. In the absence of evidence to the contrary a decision was made, the statements supported the facts and the sentence would follow accordingly. No contempt for this judgement would be tolerated.

I had 12 minutes left, I savoured a second whiskey, slumped back and contemplated Little Jake having two parents. That was good, I smiled, the court had made the correct decision. I also contemplated Jill doing her best to make amends. That sounded good too. I smiled again. The possibilities. I could live with this.

I walked back out into the living room, Jill was waiting on the couch, she had changed into one of her light cotton dresses, one she knew I liked. She was ready to celebrate, or maybe give me a subtle reminder of what I may have decided to lose. Jill was trying not to look anxious. This meant a lot to her, I had been surprised at the direction, and lack of boundaries in her submission. I sat beside her, placed my arm over her shoulders.

"Never again?"

"Never again, Jake."

"You won't want to be here, I just couldn't………" and I broke down breifly"

"Never again, Jake."

"Jill, please go back onto the pill…"

"Yes Jake."

"….'cause we've got some serious mending to do."

Jill sagged against me "Do you mean that Jake?" And then knelt beside me and we hugged, tight. Jesus Christ, how close to losing this had we come?

Jill whispered, "You won't regret this, ever, I'll never cause us this pain again. I promise you." The after hugging me tightly again she took my face in her hands, the sort of gesture she had made when she told me she was pregnant. "Jake, I had hoped to hear that you forgave me."

"I forgive you." It was easier to lie than I thought it would be. Could it be the truth?

Jill moved onto my lap, pulled my face across to hers and kissed me, first on the lips, then between them.

"And will Mr Jake Edward Chandler be sharing his bed with his with his wife this evening?"

"Yes he certainly will."

"And is it Mr Chandler's desire to fuck his wife witless this evening?"

"That would be highly desirable, however would that be wise given the above mentioned wife's fertility status?"

"It is the above mentioned wife's opinion that it will be fine, however, obviously though that minor risk is her husband's call."

And we walked into the bedroom together.

Jill's dress and underwear seemed to dissolve before my eyes, and then mine as well, not as elegantly.

The room was clean, new sheets, flowers on both side of the bed, I liked those flowers. The lights dimmed, but enough so that I could see Jill was in the centre of the bed, the sheets pulled up to her neck, looking that way at me.

We cuddled and caressed, and a little later she wriggled down to suck me, the first time since the night I'd proposed. And no 'yuck' this time either. She paused briefly to say "I know I virtually said you can cum anywhere you like, but just this time would you as a special favour, can the first one be inside me, please?"

"You didn't virtually say it Jill"

"I should have known better, being married to a lawyer shouldn't I?"

She continued sucking me, about 1 minute later I said, "OK Jill I'm close" she quickly lay back, with her legs pulled up and wide, opening her cunt, and cheeks. I mounted her and pushed in. God she was wet. And I told her so. God that felt good; And I told her that too. In 4 plunges I was hilted, and my balls were mixed up there amongst her arse. Jill gasped out "Oh yes, that's the spot, I've missed you so much …and I've missed you too Jake " and soon after "Jake, fill me, please fill me deep" which I duly did, fully.

I collapsed on top of her while she gently squeezing those wonderful hips and thighs to make my afterglow complete. Jill hadn't cum, but she looked pretty content. The old Jill had usually liked to jump out of bed quickly after sex and pee and wash and wipe before returning for her cuddle. I found it irritating, it ruined the intimacy of the moment when she left. I really enjoyed a post coital cuddle. New Jill remained lying under me and our juices coated our thighs.

"What about you?"

"Worry about me later, just feeling you pump inside me was enough for now, you know it felt like it tripled in size. I hope I was right about my cycle." And she giggled.

And then in a little girl voice "Jakey, what made you decide to take me back?"

"Hands down winner, daylight second, would just have to be having my very own little slut for the next 40 years."

She giggled against my neck. And the tightening of her stomach finally pushed my softened cock out of her and there was a charming sloppy little pussy fart.

"What about the idea of putting me over your knee, didn't that do any good?"

And she wriggled around, laying across my legs presenting her delightful and juicy arse. I gave her 20 moderately hard smacks, and said "I could learn to enjoy this, get use to it dear."

When I was done she wriggled around again and said "could you learn to enjoy this too" and sucked me again.

"Absolutely I could"

But it proved to be an afterplay, rather than foreplay, I was drained, in all ways, and Big Jake wouldn't come back out and play. If Jill wanted 6 loads again, she'd have to go to Florida.

We drifted off the sleep, nude, with me spooning a naked, messy and content wife.

I woke next morning early, to Jill again sucking me hard, Big Jake wanted to play this morning. And this time when I warned her, she just gripped my hips, and then I gripped her hair, plunged deep and exploded. I honestly lost track of what happened to it. She waited till I softened, smiled up at me, and said "It will be my mission to make you glad you took me back."

I took a while to get use to having absolute authority over Jill, she didn't once baulk at any decisions or instructions I made, it meant no arguments or discussion on mundane things, and we could both concentrate on our marriage. The sexual side was just getting better and better, I had expected that Jill would be passively accepting of what I wanted but she obviously interpreted her promise to make me happy to include surprising me with what we came to call extras in all sort of ways. Jill's period arrived soon, but we found alternatives, and I tried anal sex for the first time. Jill came while we did, but I could tell it was the least favoured of the extras, so I did it sparingly. A few days later Jill dropped Little Jake at neighbours place for the evening, met me at the door with a fond kiss, nude, and shaved. With out indicating anything was unusual she took my briefcase and put it away, and sat me in my arm chair, knelt and removed my shoes and socks, and placed a drink on the table. After dinner we celebrated access to her pussy again.

I had asked for leave the next week, and told Jill on Sunday. We got Little Jake to my sisters for a couple of days then her mums place for another couple of days. Monday we didn't even dress, lay in bed most of the day and Jill made me cum 4 times.

Tuesday I was trashed, so I pleaded off my morning head job, and we slept, breakfasted lightly, then slept again, then went to town for lunch. Jill wore the light cotton dress, the sway of those wonderful breasts indicated that the usual bra was missing.

After lunch, Jill went coy and asked me to come into a jewellers shop to help her buy something. I hate buying jewellery, but humoured her.

Jill had previously selected a simple, bracelet, with a large plate on it and wanted my help to decide what to write on it

Oh crap, more decisions. I stalled, and then asked her what she had in mind. Jill took my hand in her two, and stepped very close, I could feel her lower tummy and she smiled as I became aware of the lack of any underwear. My exhausted libido of last night was returning. "What about Fuck me, Big Jake?"

She laughed "That might cause a stir at her meetings, and what if I ran into another Jake? But it is up to you, or maybe we could have "Jake's wife". Or maybe just "Jake's" or our wedding date, or "Jill loves Jake".

"We'll go with "Jill loves Jake"

The jeweller needed only 5 minutes to engrave that so we waited He solemnly adjusted the bracelet around her right wrist and clicked it into a small lock under the plate. He then offered Jill two tiny keys in a plastic bag.

Jill asked him to give them both to me. And again taking my hand in hers, again against her abdomen calmly said "I can't take this off to go swimming can I dear?"

The rest of the week was intense lovemaking, by Friday Jill had to apologise and say her cunt was too raw, and would it be OK if I settled for her mouth or arse again for a few days? Dear oh dear the sacrifices we men have to make sometimes.

*******

One month after her sentence was announced our intimacy was strong, I was learning to trust her, Jill always told me in detail where she was. I found out that Juan never made it to Boston to have another crack at her. Must have got busy. Strange, I did hear that there was a surprisingly detailed IRS audit of the Menandez books. It generated a lot of work and embarrassment for the Menandez brothers. Did I mention what branch of law Jill specialised in? No. Must have slipped my mind. She does have a few friends in high places.

Or he maybe he found that a seasoned Boston Public defender has a wide circle of contacts – friends in low places if you will. I did mention I would need some new friends didn't I?

I redesigned our work hours, Jill now worked an extra day a week, I now work three and a half days per week and devote more time to Jake Junior and my personal improvement plan. My goal is to be the sort of man Juan would avoid. I rationalised this internally, I felt I had been pretty giving and generous, so I allowed this one petty sentiment. I now do two sessions a week in the Gym, and three sessions of karate per week. Sensei Paul is an American-Japanese by product of our occupation of Okinawa. Sensei Paul is lean, calm and incredible fit. He has been instructing Karate for something like thirty five years. He drives me hard.

********

Four months later

I've lost my spare tyre, gained some posture, some pecs, and some lats. Jill said I now looked sculptured, not moulded.I said that's good, now I want to look chiselled. I seem to command more respect from police and defendants these days. Paul took me aside one morning before training and confessed while he admired my drive he was worried that I had dishonourable motives, was I training for revenge. If so he would have to kill me. Just joking he said. Ha ha ha. But he needed to know.

"No Sensei, I'm not training for revenge."

"What then?"

Sensei Paul became the only person I had told about witnessing most of Jill's adultery. I also explained what sort of men Juan and Hector were, how it was inevitable that we would find ourselves in their company again, and I needed to be able to carry myself with some confidence. Paul had drummed into me that only life and honour were worth fighting for, for all other issues our inner strength allowed us to turn the other cheek with dignity. Paul now honoured me with his trust and support. He thought briefly, then nodded. "I think I can help you." he said simply.