All Comments on 'Law of the Heart - Jill's Opinion'

by angiquesophie

Sort by:
  • 460 Comments
AnonymousAnonymousalmost 17 years ago
BULLSHIT!!

Marriage: the social institution under which a man and woman establish their decision to live as husband and wife by legal commitments, religious ceremonies, etc.

Usually there are vows of "Better or worst", "Forsake ALL Others".

She broke her "CONTRACT" with her husband by "NOT FORSAKING ALL OTHERS" Instead she's "FUCKING ALL OTHERS"

ENOUGH SAID!!

fregenfregenalmost 17 years ago
Okay, I'll say it

SORRY - this story just doesn't work.

It was interesting though how her screwing around with two men was "his" fault. But she and Sally slut should have no problem with that.

BTW, as the "smartest lawyer in her class" should know, taking the son out of state with the persmission of the other parent is a very big no no. Hope the divorce judge hammers her on that one.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 17 years ago
A Whore is Still a Whore

It doesn't matter how she tries to justify her actions. She wanted to screw someone else and she did it. The last lines say it all - sitting on the beach with her slut friend rubbing sun cream on her naked tits waiting for her husband to call and apologize.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 17 years ago
SORRY!

Her slutting behavior and spoiled bitch attitude is rampant throughout. And the writer's "command" of grammar is pathetic. She is now, no doubt, eating her "Yoghurt" on that "yaught," where "al" her loyal depraved associates are flocking around to console her. And, who are so SORRY I am sure for lying to her, cheating her, deceiving her, but never bothered to say the secret word to her, did they? But then, why make a "fuzz" over little things like an apology from them?

But her husband must if he wants her back. For a lawyer, he is double dumb.

The good thing is "thank God and Greyhound she's gone!"

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 17 years ago
Dont by it.

The story just doesnt work. It is totally out of context of the original or the sub stories. While it is every authors right to create their own work, one should at least make a polite attempt to follow the storyline of the first and not just go on creating a bunch of insipid dribble. This is what you have done.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 17 years ago
She can't say sorry either

It's funny how you write female fantasies. In your fantasies, the women are destructive forces who seize on the weakness of their good men. This is your thing. The weakness in the original was that Jake spied on her rather than being a man and confronting her. Your fantasy requires the woman to ruin him and their relationship because she must.

That's as sad and empty as the equivalent male revenge fantasise.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 17 years ago
Angiquesophie Proves HARRY's case she Hates men

wait until Harry see this

<br></br>

all this time I kept thinking there must be some sort of issue between this Harry in VA guy and this author. I mean almost every time she wrote something good he would come on and blast her. The thing is like most of us I thought Harry was just a troll with no life.

<br></br>

Now like my friend Jack Straw conceede a while ago Yes Harry although obnoxious at times sometimes makes some really good points. This is one of them. This story clearly proves that this author while gifted really has <b>SERIOUS</b> psychological or emotional issues with men and she does "get" men at all.

<br></br>

where I disagree with Harry is that he thinks this author Angiquesophie does this b/c she has a lesbian agenda. I think she portrays all of her man as Mental idiots and wimps b/c she want to get a rise out of folks.

<br></br>

But this story is so bad so awfuil such a classic case of European Moral relativism I am beginning to think Hrry is a lot smarter and insightful than I originally thought.

<br></br>

I know this is going to go to Harry's head but this time on this One issue Harry you are correct. This author has serious men issues.

<br></br>

Good call

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 17 years ago
GFood ob

It's good reading someone turning the tables on one of these possessive, selfabsorbed, abusive bully type males who put up so many hate comments on this board.

And, I'm not some "male hating bitch," as I read some jerk called this author.

In fact, I happen to be male- and a man who was taught and firmly believe that being a man is just the opposite of what the wife beater type, who make so many posts on this board.

X_BishopX_Bishopalmost 17 years ago
Amazing

I'm always amazed at how some authors just seem to rewrite stories that absolutely fly in the face of the original authors intent. If you had built on something that would be one thing but you added so much in the story to defend a woman who at the bottom line didn't stop herself when she needed to. All your rewriting of the facts cannot mask the fact the she decided to fuck someone else. Voyeur husband doesn't change that, stalker doesn't change that, set up doesn't change the fact that SHE decided to fuck around.

MetzovMetzovalmost 17 years ago
You really had to twist things.

To make this story come out the way you wanted you had to change the characters to the point that they have no resemblance to the people in the first story.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 17 years ago
Not bad, but not good

The previous comments are much too harsh. We should welcome a Dutch author using English, not complain about spelling. This version does point out that Jake's behavior is also not perfect (similar to TigerToo's ending), but that hardly justifies stealing the child! Is this allowed in Amsterdam???

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 17 years ago
sigh

i didnt even both to read more then half the first chapter as i could see write were it was heading. angiquesophie's chars are all the same so nothing new there. what a total waste of an ending. Not even close to what the first 6 chapters of the true story lead up to.

peggytwittypeggytwittyalmost 17 years ago
A very disturbed look at men from a writer

This is a really a hateful story. It is not at all what was portrayed and is an insult to say it picks up from chapter 6. I know some people have agendas to push but this is just so much venom for men that it reeks of hatred that is tantamount to a depression of the soul. I am sorry the writer feels they are contributing to a story instead it’s a cause of pain in her mind she wants to expel.<p>

The written word is well done but the subject is a railing against what is seen as societal injustice towards herself.<p>PT

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 17 years ago
Selfish

All she wants is what SHE wants. It doesn't make any difference if she turns into a whore and forgets about her marriage vows. If you can't trust your wife to do the right thing when you're not around how can you trust her anytime? Her thinking is sooo dizzy one wonders how she ever passed her law examines. Can't be much of a lawyer. She's a whore!

puzzled_butintriguedpuzzled_butintriguedalmost 17 years ago
Brilliant! Whoops, I mean, Brilliant?

No one likes to see "their side" lose. Thus came the motivation for the story -- here the sides being the woman's side and the situational morality side. It's true that in the original story Jill, despite her age and education, acts like a simpleton, but then again the original story was simple. There were two main characters, the whoring wife and the pure, but vengeful husband.

It's easy to see how this story must have goaded you. It points out your bias that you can take a clear cut story and invert it. Honestly, if you really want to see the husband suffer for his "absolute morality" you could have picked the story up after Headhunter left it. Sadly, I can imagine a story in which the main character never loves another woman again and spends the rest of his life lonely. The wife on the other hand could at some point shrug off grief or remorse and live any sort of lifestyle, sexually open or closed, with one partner or many and frolic for the rest of her existence.

The logic you use is amusing. Is a woman who picks up a gun and kills someone a killer? True, if she warned the person not to move and then they did it's not her fault. The victim obviously saw the gun and obviously knew she would shoot, thus what happened really was a suicide. The shooter was just the unfortunate person holding the gun at the time. It was a suicide and she just happened to be the person who had loaded the gun, held it, threatened the victim and then shot them.

Your continuation doesn't really hold up even outside of the context of the original story. Let's imagine we take at face value Jill's outrage at her husband for not intervening. For the sake of argument, let's accept that it could be his fault for her infidelity because he didn't intercede -- that the act itself which would have been the worst kind of betrayal if he hadn't been spying on her, would be totally justified and in fact that her husband would be a worthless excuse for a man if he had been spying on her. Further, let's agree that her lying about the indiscretion is totally justified. Given this then the reason for her to snatch their son and take off to relax on the warm Florida beaches is because he did not say he was sorry?

Hmmm...she loves him to death, but because he didn't say he was sorry she is going to ruin their lives. Or am I wrong? What's going to happen next in your story? Jake is going to suddenly accept that he's been too unforgiving. Obviously, he will see her snatching their son and taking off to meet up with that horrid Susan and going back to Florida as the tender actions of a woman that loves him to death.

Even accepting that Jill interprets the story through the odd prism you have created for her, her actions do not fit. What could she really be angry about? She is angry that he is a pompous moralist? But she loves him, doesn't she? She knows that in his view, she failed him in the worst possible way. She's angry at him because she doesn't think he has the right to be angry with her. If his moralistic pomposity was intolerable, she would have gotten out years ago. If she is with him, she is with him because she loves him and accepts him, warts and all. Instead we have to accept that instead of acting guilty for awhile and then getting on with her happy life and marriage, she is going to tell him everything is his fault, grab their son and move a thousand miles away from her job and husband for the hedonistic Florida beaches. Would she really expect him to suddenly decide everything was his fault and beg her to return? Even if you accept that he might do this how many years of seperation are you talking about?

This is the happy ending for a woman who loves her husband? I'm glad it wasn't a writer taking out her frustrations at another's story because then I might think that women might act rationally and try for happiness both for themselves and their husbands and children. It's much better that Jill lay on her beach frozen in that instant of her happy ending waiting for the world to inevitably beat a path to her door.

Gary_LostGary_Lostalmost 17 years ago
Cheating whore

She still is a cheating whore, dose not matter how you write it.

Harryin VAHarryin VAalmost 17 years ago
Thanks for all the Emails; I told you !! LOL

First thanks for tons of emails... I told you this silly lesbian writer angiquesophie had a problem with men.

<br></br>

So severe is Angiquesophie hate of men so obvious that she HAD to change the original story in many ways. HEADHUNTER TALES asked for folks to come up with new endings... Angiquesophie changed whole sections of the story.

<br></br>

In the original she did NOT see Jake in FL. In the original she did NOT take the baby b/c she could not after what she did. Morally and legally

<br></br>

<b> can you imagine the CUSTODY hearing JILL would have to go through? </b>

<br></br>

how COULD she explain to CPS and a family court that while she got drunk knew her hsuand was watching her and then fucked the very two men that stole her law rewview paper in law school.... yet she is of good character and a rational person?

<br></br>

Suppose one day JILL wants to fuck some guy and the bahy has the flu and 103 fever?

<br></br>

well we KNOW what would happen then... Dead baby

<br></br>

Or this ... Jake fought the two cubans and defended her honor in law school after they stole her work. So she knows that while Jake is overly serious he has honor. So even IF we allow that JILL the cunt did in fact "see" Jake at Miami watching her.... <b>WHY </b> would she conclude that Jake REALLY wants her to fuck these two mendoza brothers HIS sworn enemies?

<br></br>

did they ever talk about a cuckolding fantasy? nope

<br></br>

It makes no sense. It never occurs to JILL or this sad little lesbian man hating agenda driven author that maybe Jake might be stunned by her behavior?

<br></br>

on page 3 JILL says

<br></br>

<i>His life long hatred for people like the Mendozas had made him blind for the innocent flirting I did that day. From the first moment he had supposed I'd betray him. Then he'd started working on making it come true. </i>

<br></br>

wow... Just evil. The question is why didn't JILL hate those two? <b> what sort of woman could have her professional Identity stolen at law school then a few years later decide to fuck both of them and cheat on the 1 GUY who actually defended her?. </b>

<br></br>

<b> Innocent flirting ?</b> ... Lets see JILL a married woman

<br></br>

allows Juan pull her top off

then fondle and fingered her on the Boat

stripped her at a party in PUBLIC and fondled her

then did so in the Jacuzzi

then fucked the two of them all night

<br></br>

<b> and this author and Jill think Jake is controlling? </b>

<br></br>

why does JILL / author think Jake has crossed the line when he finally confronts her at her office?

<br></br>

isnt Jake allowed to be even UPSET at what Jill did ?

<br></br>

NO b/c in angiquesophie stories all men are dirt.

thebulletthebulletalmost 17 years ago
ouch

In previous stories I was willing to give angiquesophie the benefit of the doubt because she left some wiggle room. But this one? Geez.

I didn't even like the original version of "Law of the Heart". I guess since both of the protagonists were lawyers I should have expected them to be blood sucking leeches. But the picture of the couple in the original story pales in comparison to the way they are drawn by angiquesophie.

Have there ever been two less sympathetic characters? And certainly, angiquesophie has the right (with permission) to write the story from the wife's POV. I've heard of revisionist history, but this takes the cake. There were so many facts that differed from the original - even though seen from two varying points of view - that this version could only be considered to be a calculated attempt to elicit the very vitriolic responses from readers that appear on this public comments board.

Ms. angiquesophie must be a very strange person, indeed, to revel in this kind of response. Kind of a twisted female Just Plain Bob.

I refuse to believe that this was a serious attempt to finish Headhuntertales's story. It was put here as a red flag to enrage a certain kind of reader, IMO.

Since this story was just an attempt to create controversy rather than a serious literary effort, I don't feel it deserves a serious evaulation as a response.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 17 years ago
Excuses excuses excuses

So let me see her hubby is to blame for being straight, her hubby is to blame for her fucking around, I suppose her hubby would be blamed if she got Aids too. Hello bimbo what part of the vows to be loyal and faithful to each other did you miss in your screwed set of bullshit excuses. Hubby is better off without her and her slutty friend poor little Jake the kid is gonna grow up screwed like the slut mum he has

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 17 years ago
Good story but ....

Your going to get attacked by all the right wing nut cases around here.

Unfortunately this time as much as I hate to say it they are going to have a point.

Well written, nicely done and a good job but Jill's thoughts.feelings,misconceptions and actions are enough to turn even the most touchy feely new age kind of guy (like me) into a hardcore misogynist.

The biggest problem is that it doesn't stay true to the facts contained in the original story and instead you have invented a alternative universe in which things are described from Jill's point of view that did not happen in the original story.

That doesn't mean its a bad story it was well done and I know you must have written it to get a laugh out of stirring up all the freaks around here but I really didn't think you had to make Jill so repugnant a character. She's borderline evil in this story and while it may serve your purpose to make her so it doesn't exactly follow on from the original does it?

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 17 years ago
Weak construction, Weaker Jill

One paragraph has Juan being rich and another has him working up from poverty and during law school. The overall story has Jill making excuses to cheat or in this case, a way to leave Jake. Nothing Jake did justified her cheating. Her comments on his life made him the bad guy. She gave up on this marriage too easily. What kind of women would just assume her husband was the voyeur but accept the Twins swapping places? And then moving there to put her child in that kind of moral atmosphere. She's the looser.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 17 years ago
tl;dr

But I still know to give you a zero, somehow. It's amazing.

AgenaAgenaalmost 17 years ago
Justification

A - Your writing is excellent as always but your attempt to justify adultery left something to be desired.

Irish_DomIrish_Domalmost 17 years ago
Hmmm...

I have a few things to say about this story. I read some of the other comments and I agree with a majority of them about how you didn't follow the original story line. Now with having said that here are a few things I find puzzleing about your interpretation of Jill: 1) Why did she feel that she had a need to do those things on the yacht that she did? I've been high and drunk before myself. Admittedly it's been a very long time, but I was always aware of right and wrong. Yes, she had a right to let her hair down, but not to let other people do to her what she let them do to her. As I read from some other stories, if you can't do it in front of your spouse, then you shouldn't do it, PERIOD! 2) She says she knows her husband. Well if she truly did then she would have known that he wasn't in to wife watching. He is after all a very moral person. IMO her coming up with that scenario was just her way of excusing what she already knew she was going to do. 3) Why was the first thing she did when she saw Juan was kiss him at the airport? That tells me right away she was planning on doing what she did from the first. 4) What would she do if he slept with an old girlfriend of his? Would she expect to have to say sorry to him for him sleeping with the old GF? 5) Not once did she ever tell her husband that she was sorry for what she did. She knew she was wrong to do it, but not once did she ever (in your story) say that she was sorry for doing what she did?. Did she stay there to find out why he never walked into the luau? No. She just said things that she knew would hurt him and never decided to listen to what he might have said. And 6) No she couldn't have just upped and moved without making sure she had full custody, but afterwards she could. She wouldn't, I don't think, have gotten that full custody, but with the way the court system of this country is, she might have. She wouldn't be able to deny him visition rights in any case though.

Yes, adimttedly, there are different perspectives and views about the reasons for having an affair. None good as far as I am concerned. If you feel he need to have one then just dissolve the marriage. For there is something fundamently wrong with the marriage for it to get to that point. I am not saying that having an open marriage is bad, but if you can't or won't let your spouse do what you are going to be doing, and don't talk about it ahead of time, then that is cheating. It's a trust issue for the most part.

I always leave my handle shown so people know who rights my comments. Anyone is free to correspond with me about anything I write in these comments. Doesn't matter whether you feel I am wrong or not. If you are civil to me, I will be civil back. Otherwise I return like for like. These are my opinions and as such they are what and how I believe.

H20waderH20waderalmost 17 years ago
i like it

yeah it is a bit different from the orginal. But i did not care that much for the orginal. A man suddenly suspicious and watches his wife. No move to say hi or suprises? No watch and wait to see if she will. she did and now if is all her fault. He refused to protect her and them blames her for her actions. just by being there he could have prevented the entire 'betrayal' i would never allowed the dance to have continued. I would have protected what was mine.

Jill now waits for her husband to say that he was sorry, then they can work on the marriage and most likely save it. but will he show her that he is a man by admtting that he failed her. Most likely not.

i do not like some of you stories. but this one rang true. However you did voilate the cardinal rure of 'Loving Wives' you did not make jill a true slut. one night is or should be forgivable? especially with hubby watching from the bushes. what a maroon! portect what is your's first.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 17 years ago
WTF?

I guess Angie has decided to set herself above us and lecture us on morals now. You know what, Angie? Highly judgmental, "black and white" morality, is just fine with me when looking at infidelity. There is nothing on earth that can justify the betrayal of a marriage. Angie's poorly conceived, badly developed theme that there is some kind of way to rationalize cheating fails on so many levels. This is one of those times when the writer deserves all the condemnation she or he gets and all the zero scores this nonsense will attract.

Alvaron53Alvaron53almost 17 years ago
In the end, an unsatisfying rewrite

Tolerable prose but I did note some grammatical errors that are simply carelessness. The tone of the story is shrill, and it makes for a painful read. If I wanted radical feminism, I'd surf to now.org and indulge myself.

<P>

This version of Jill isn't sympathetic nor is she likeable. Her constant trait of blaming someone else for her actions is an attempt to show that she's modern, she's strong, she's independent. In fact, it makes her look weak and without character, lacking a firm foundation of morality upon which she can stand and face the world. Her character is sad because she's unable to take responsibility for her own actions. It shows that she's immature and inconsiderate of others, and at her core, deceptive and self-centered. She cheats because she can and because she wishes it. To the author's credit, her Jill is consistent. angiquesophie made her weak-willed and shallow, and Jill's actions are certainly that.

<P>

The author's depiction of Jake as a spineless, pathetic voyeur doesn't sell well and is at odds with the original story. I'm perfectly willing to grant authors some literary dispensation when they attempt alternative endings but rewriting characters completely falls a bit outside that bound. The curious aspect to this redefinition of Jake as a wimp loser is that femi-macho Jill still "loves" him. One has to wonder what kind of loving relationship this is when one partner commits adultery because the other is perceived to be a perverted voyeur who likes to watch. In an alternate reality somewhere, somewhen, I'm sure this makes perfectly good sense. Just not to me.

<P>

The playout of the story is flawed because Jill's departure to Florida with her son without her husband's permission and lacking a writ of custody is kidnapping. As a lawyer, she should know this. As a supposedly intelligent person, she should have taken steps to avoid the commission of a crime. So instead of Jill suntanning placidly on a warm beach in Florida, she ends the story convicted of a felony and is serving time in a federal prison. I'm never satisfied when the author doesn't do their homework. No cookie for you.

Harryin VAHarryin VAalmost 17 years ago
on 2nd thought

I see a few other posters here has taken up the idea I expressed earlier... that Angiquesophie went out of her way to develop the Jill character in such a deviant and evil self delusional manner that the author did so just to get a reaction. Again I considered that idea but the problem I have here is that if one looks back at earlier Angiquesophie stories we see the same sort problem with the Men characters. Thus I am inclined not to think that this is some sort of truth or trick story.

<br></br>

The problem here is not that the author has written a strong or obnoxious or evil woman that is engaged in all sorts loath self-deception betreyal and Lies to justify her own actions. THAT sort of attitude is common enough. If that is the way this author wants to develop Jill that's fine and that in itself can be a useful literary exercise.

<br></br>

But what Angiquesophie does is then takes JILL's the self-deception and the delusional fantasies and applies it to the Real world.

<br></br>

If JILL wants to assert that what she did was innocent flirting and not in fact a brutal attack on her husband and their marriage... great. But That argument could not possibly stand up in a court of law involving the custody of the baby or in divorce court.

<br></br>

This was a Law school reunion and was filled with lots of attorney's who for the most part would be forced to tell the truth and in some form or another back up Jake's assertion of what was going on.

<br></br>

Moreover in a court of Law how could Jill possibly assert that she had concluded Jake wanted here to cheat? In fact while she was fucking Juan she said "one more word about Jake and we will stop".

<br></br>

ah true Love!!

<br></br>

Since there is never any hint at all in the Original in Jake 's character that he fantasized about this or talked about it... etc ... how could she come to that conclusion and have it stand up in court?

<br></br>

This is why this verison of the story breaks down.... It is not because Jill is an strong if evil person and the author does not have a right to put develop JILL that way.... if in fact that is what Angiquesophie is doing. The story fails because it changes the original story so much AND because Jill'S delusional fantasies about what she did could not possibly hold up in the real world and a court of law no matter what this Authors lesbian agenda might be.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 17 years ago
Very well written! But...

Interesting, very well written, load of crap. Sorry, the this person you portray is delusional and self-serving. She should have recognized that her relation with Jack could not end any different.

zaratan4zaratan4almost 17 years ago
Very weak

I loved the original story, and this...

This woman has to be one of the most self-absorbed women I've ever seen, blaming her husband for her infidelity, and then kidnapping their son when he doesn't apologize for spying on her wanton behaviour. In reality, she would have been arrested and charged, while getting little in a divorce for her criminal behaviour afterwards.

This needed to be thought out a bit better.

EspressoBolusEspressoBolusalmost 17 years ago
gifted and talanted

You certainly make the wife's point! The only question is how could she have remained married to the self righteous ass for so long! You make whoring around with the cuban degenerates sound like a noble sacrifice. But, it just does not work.

Perhaps you should rewite the Iraq war! That could really use a new treatment!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 17 years ago
interesting slant but warped to the max

I do understand the need for writers to contest the views and suggest alternatives to the cheater being forced to cheat. But it is bit like a pedophile suggesting that the young boy wanted it. A marriage is a charter which allows people to entwine their lives with another and whilst each differs both partys understand their own boundaries. The suggestion that just because a partner is present does not allow another to do anything they want. A true infidelity situation arises where one deceives their mate for their own gratification. This story is from a severely warped sence so right and wrong which is either a toung in cheek way of encouraging feedback and comments from others or a very damaged person without love in there life trying to show how they see life. It dissapoints me that some see one partner in a relationship destroy it by their actions towards another person, even if their spouse is watching ( he did not do anything and if wathing another person is wrong be very careful in malls and anywhere else people may be - maybe we are all being stalked). NOTHING EXCUSES A SPOUSE FROM CHEATING if you are unhappy get out then do what you want.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 17 years ago
No justification

If the relationship was that bad she should have gotten a divorce. No justification to act like a slut when your married.

wbbgme01wbbgme01almost 17 years ago
Cheating On Love for Lust

Jill did not give any thought to how her actions were betraying her marrige vows. She just wanted to be 21 again!! Well, you can't go back in time, you must live in the here and now! Her lust destroyed her marriage!!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 17 years ago
WOW ...What the fuck was that?

The author recieves full credit for her skills. And she recieves full credit for having such a twisted mind.

Characters like Jill in real life needs to be sent to a mental facility for treatment. If not mentally ill, then they ought to be sent to the gallows. FUCKIN HOME WREAKIN WHORES

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 17 years ago
Y'all Are too Black-And-White here....

This thing was more complex than it seems!

+++++<p>

"""""" After we both came, we took it to the bed.

Juan recovered as fast as I remembered. We did a luxurious 69 to get us ready for another round of nice and stretched out fucking. I loved his stamina. It allowed me three wonderful climaxes before he once again filled me with his sperm. <p>

Then we relaxed with a glass of wine. Juan told me I had been a fool choosing "that wimp" over him. I closed his mouth with a finger. <p>

"One more word about Jake, Juan," I said. "And you are out." <p>

He grinned and dove his head between my tits. I moaned. His mouth was al over my skin. It made me arch with desire. <p>

We once more fucked. Then I must have dosed off. When I woke up, I felt a hard cock push against my lips. I looked up and smiled. Would they still believe they fooled me with their little trick? <p>

When my lips sank down the vigorous shaft, I saw the tiny tell tale birthmark right next to the root of his cock. I touched it with a fingertip. <p>

"Mmmmmm…" I murmured. The head slid over my my tongue to reach the entrance of my throat. <p> """"""

++++++++++++++++++ <p>

My God! Why are you black-and-white Neaderthals screaming at Jill and Angi, the author here? <p>

Angie --- as well as Jill --- says "I love Jake. My heart belongs to him....But I also have a healthy sexual drive, you know?" <p>

"And, besides, it's only with Juan and his brother, with whom I had fucked plenty of times in college, during those wild parties, before I settled down to love Jake and to have little Jake, you know? <p>

"I mean, why are you men so judgemental? It's just a little bodily fluid exchange with someone --- and possibly his brother --- that I knew from way back. He's safe disease wise; I'm safe.... And , besides, I said: "Jake if you was here, you had better come and get me... I am HORNY HERE in Florida.... If you was not gonna come,,,, After rubbing with Juan and other dancing partners for hours here in these clubs, I'm bound to GET MY FUCKING ITCHES met, you know... So come and get me, fuck me like you loving wife, here.... <p>

"But you know, dear readers: Jake didn't have the guts to confront me! He disappeared back into the crowds. Well, what can a woman and wife do, however loyal, loving or faithful? I mean, come on, dear readers! I gotta FUCK AT THOSE HOURS, THOSE HOT, SEXY, ROMANTIC HOURS, preferrably with my loving husband,,,, but if he was gonna sneak around on me, observing me like that, and NOT come to me, I am gonna FUCK someone who pays me tons of attention like Juan and his brother! Duh!!!<p>

"Again, ONLY A LITTLE SALIVA EXHCANGE; a little seminal fluids from Juan and his brothers, people I know from WAY back, people I'd fucked many times.... Okay?<p>

"You people are just so fuckin' judgemental here! I told you my heart belongs to Jake, my loving/but suspicious husband! I told you that, didn't I? It's not like I love Juan or his brother or friends... I merely FUCKED THEM, you know, exchange a little bodily fluids with them... I intended to return to my loving/but suspicious husband Jake when I was done with Juan and his attentive brother and other friends. You all know that! I am a GROWN UP, COMPETENT LAWYER, for christ sake!! <p>

"I AM really a loving wife, okay?"

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 17 years ago
I hppe this was a joke

The woman was married! What would happen if she was in Boston and went into heat and her husband wasn't there? Would she fuck whoever she was with?

If this is a womans perspective, no wonder the infidelity rate among women is rising. "Oh, I was so hot and Jake wasn't there so I fucked two guys". What a crock of shit.

Celtic_SeekerCeltic_Seekeralmost 17 years ago
Wow

As always, I think what is important for a writer is to touch their audience, to create an emotional response. You succeeded!!! You did, though, preface your story with an indication that Jill's perspective would shed new light on the adventure. Because of that, I feel free to offer a comment on the actions on the characters.

I see your point, that there are two sides to every story, and why at the time she felt justified. In the execution though,it it obvious from Jill's demeaning comments that she no longer liked or respected her husband, even if she felt still loved him. This meant doom for their marriage even if she didn't take the trip, no less what she did there.

Also, it is clear she doesn't know what love is. I agree that her husband has let her down, (I didn't like him in the original story) but he is still who he was when she married him. She should know that was how life would be. If she didn't like and respect him, why marry him?

A little more indication that she actually love him, and this would have turned a "black and white" moral play into one with more colour. This is just an amoral play.

PhilipinNorcalPhilipinNorcalalmost 17 years ago
Below par

'Angiquesophie':<p>You certainly have a talent in putting pen to paper, but I believe you missed badly on this. Your story introduces us to a woman who refuses for the sake of love to "empty" her brain; who wants the ability and opportunity to express herself. But then at the end of your story, she blames her husband for not stopping her from her indiscretion. So which is it? Perhaps she were too late in contesting her brain being emptied. Reads as a contradiction to me.<p>The wife describes her husband as voyeuristic, as drooling in witnessing her antics. How? She wasn't even sure much of the time that she actually saw him, but she was somehow able to note that he was slobbering on himself and that his hands were actively engaged in his pockets? Perhaps he was done in by his spittle covered raincoat? Sorry, but this depiction was pure fantasy on her part to rationalize her cheating. In your previous submission, <i>"Eyes That Saw Him"</i> you had the husband let his wife's deception play out. How is this any different? This husband wanted to see just how far his wife was going to take this. Nowhere in 'Headhunter's' story was the husband described as finding his wife's behavior erotic. This perception existed in her reception, not in his transmission. In the original story he was appalled and forlorn. <p>In the wife's introspection early in the story she describes herself as ,"I am a loving wife and have been a loyal confidant..." Apparently all bets are off when she goes off by her herself. Loyalty is something that transcends physical proximity. And, poor thing, she feels so tethered by motherhood. Well, in your story she not only gave her marriage a "time out," she took recess from being a mother as well.<p>The end of your story is the biggest farce of all. She expects him to apologize...for not interrupting her betrayal. So, if the husband had not been there to observe her conduct, who would she then blame for her cheating? In your preface, as the wife, you refer to the previous writer's submission as the husband's narrow glimpse of what had happened. This story is nothing more than a woman's blatant and hollow rationalization of her infidelity.<p>I am curious as to why she didn't communicate her frustration to her husband. If she were truly feeling that unsatisfied with this relationship, was there a reason why she couldn't express herself? And her choice of partners...while in law school the twins who attacked her husband when he approached them for stealing schoolwork from her? This character is one of the most despicable ever depicted in these stories. She is the dictionary definition of "self centered."<p>'Angiquesophie,' if what you wanted were to give a credible accounting from "the other spouse," you took on a big challenge. I personally can't perceive of any plausible reason why her cheating was none other than her own fault. This story has done nothing to change my mind.

SleeplessinMDSleeplessinMDalmost 17 years ago
Excellent Writing but...

as a whole the story is filled with contradictions. There is no question that your Jill represents those women who love themselves most. Jill displayed such comtempt and loathing for Jake and Jake's life! I do not believe that there was a paragraph where she did not give a shot to his manhood or cast him in a bad light. As one commenter remarked I do not see how they stayed together because she was so much better than him.

____________________________________________________________

So it was Jake's fault why she cheated on him. You would think that when they went out she could see how much he trusted her to behave like a wife and mother. You would think that she would remember how Jake stood by her side during Little Jake's delivery. In the end she asked Jake for honesty but she never show that trait even to herself.__

Other contradictions were (1) she loved Jake but she was willing to easily see him as a "creep"; (2) she says that the theft of the legal brief was no big deal and yet she falls in love with Jake because of it; and (3) she start the reunion as this independent free spirit but let Jake be responsible for her breaking her vows.__________________

I liked the ending (minus the begging by Jake) because these two people do not belong together!________________

SleeplessinMD

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 17 years ago
The Author is right

In many ways, this author is right. We men have abdicated our responsibilities, to a large extent, in America. We have allowed the rape of our children, beat our wives, screwed our neighbor, lived poorly in front of those who cherish us most, failed to lead our families righteously and protect our loved ones from the hideous.

The author's angst with men is not uncommon(among women). It also is not necessarily unjustified. But, without fair and righteous authority over them, women and children are miserable and adrift, as we see in this author's very miserable concoction. We men should weep for our nation's women; and children.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 17 years ago
Not your best

"Then his appointment fell through and he decided to surprise her. In "Loving Wives" such surprises hardly ever work out well."

Yes, and neither do alternative endings of other's stories.

I always open your stories when I see your name. They are very well written. This is no exception, but the story is not up to your abilities as a storyteller.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 17 years ago
You really didnt give it a womans ending. It was

just the self justification of a slut for what she had already done. This woman isnt a mother, better she had left the child with its father and continued her fucking around without marriage vows. Why should a man have to say sorry to a slut, when the slut is an adulterous piece of trash. She started out in the car with a woman who is a slut and kissing a man who was not her husband. Sounds an awful lot like a planned adventure without the bounds of marriage. Perhaps she even planned it so he would not be there to stop her from betraying her marriage vows and taking sexual risk with her mental state (which is not really good), and her medical state. Being a lawyer doesnt mean she has any brains just that she stayed in school longer and fucked someone for grades.

Vulcan_in_OhioVulcan_in_Ohioalmost 17 years ago
Sad that you have such a negative image of males.

First, I need to say that the writing was really excellent. The imagery was wonderful. Other than a few, understandable errors due to the foreign language (They stayed at their yaught in the marina -- "yaught" is not the currently-correct, English spelling, it is "yacht"), the author definitely knows how to put thoughts into words. That said, I have problems with the actual story. Of course, a story can be good even if I don't like it (I didn't), and of course a story is (usually) just that, a story, make-believe, fantasy, or whatever. Some comments suggest the author wrote a provocative and controversial story because she was just trying to get a rise out of the readers. I don't buy that theory because her characters bear similarities to those in her other stories. The males are spineless wimps; the females are strong, independent, individualistic, and they are invariably "winners." So let's assume this was a serious story meant to provide an alternate ending to "Law of the Heart." I concur with others that AngiqueSophie really altered the characters from the original story to suit her agenda, to conform to her philosophy about relationships between men and women. My take on the "alternate ending" is that Jill does not really love Jake. Jill rationalizes her behavior because she does not like her "boring" world with certain conventions and standards (being a mother, putting up with some bullshit about appearances, fidelity and the like). I think she seems shallow; she needs constant grooming and flattery, constant attention, maybe she is so pretty that her husband (who works so hard for his family and his principles he does not have the time to spend at the gym keeping fit) is not worthy, in her eyes. She needs a stud to make her feel like a woman again, a desired woman, an exciting and beautiful woman, an irresistable woman. I don't believe for a minute her protestations that she loves Jake dearly. I think a point can be made that he should have tried to intervene. But in the original story, his thinking was that she would just cheat on him some other time if he interfered this time. He really wanted to see what she would do, not because he was a voyeur or wanted to be cuckolded, but because he felt a need to know once and for all, and this seemed to be the opportunity. Somehow he did not know she saw him. In reflection, it was quite dumb of him. As a lawyer he should have known better. If you trust your spouse, don't follow him/her around. If not, hire a private investigator, a professional who knows what he/she is doing, someone who won't arouse suspicion, someone who will gather evidence. Lawyers work with PI's all the time; Jake would not try to fix his own hernia, he would seek a good surgeon to do this. He would find a PI to follow his wife, especially after seeing the first part of her behavior. I know Jill felt constrained; if she really loved Jake she would not have put herself in a situation where temptation would show itself. If lawyers are supposed to be good at communicating and expressing themselves, why didn't she communicate her needs to Jake? I have to believe she didn't because she didn't wish to. And I agree with others who felt that she set out to cheat from the start because of her frame of mind (she wanted to be free, to be 21 again, to have no responsibilities), because of her embrace and kiss with Juan on meeting him, and because her thoughts were primarily put-downs of her husband whenever she thought of him. I'm really tired of the stereotyping of males -- we're simple, we let the wrong head do our thinking, we are insensitive . . . Women, however, are far more complex, undoubtedly better people. And if they cheat on their marital partner, they are usually justified . . . If Jill is demonstrating acceptable behavior for a "loving wife" I certainly want no part of it.

Simple49erSimple49eralmost 17 years ago
Would a loving wife cheat at all?

No doubt, you are a good writer. And I think writing from Jill's point of view is a great idea. However (there is usually a however in COMMENTS) I have to disagree with the way you took off from chapter six. The original story makes clear that Jake did want to come and when given the chance broke his ass to get there. He did this out of love and concern for her. The story also makes clear that he has never hidden from her his attitude toward fidelity. She knew he would not abide her cheating. She knew. So when your "Jill" says she was being selfish, she is absolutely right. The symbolic act of taking off her rings does not absolve her from the acts of adultery she committed. She is a lawyer; she knows that. If anything it makes worse her disrespect and disdain for Jake. In fact, your version of the story ultimately makes her attitude more dispicable than anything she says about Jake. She unconsciously seems to be trying to make him act in a way that gives her an excuse to leave him. And his unwillingness to let her get away with cheating actually sets her off. Selfish. Very selfish woman who, if she wanted a divorce, should have have had the decency to ask for it and work out an amicable split and not kidnap their son in the end. I found it interesting that at the end she wants him to say sorry, but she never really honestly says to him that she did wrong and is sorry. She expects him to stop her. Why? That is her job to say no. In fact, her attitude indicates that she would not have stopped at all. (There was no indication of that attitude in the original story) You have created a woman who is so self-centered, that were I a judge and she said in court what she said to jake, I would not let her keep the child. You say there is another side, a woman's side. But what if your significant other said these things to you, what would you say? Sure, fuck who you want since I fail to meet your needs; I can trust you. In the end however, I come back to where it started. I do not think that you flowed fom the original story or characters, and I am disappointed by that. All the other variations of the story seemed to flow from the original. You wrote well, but took the story in a direction that was not, excuse the pun, faithful.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 17 years ago
A Five out of five

The reason I gave this 5 of 5 is that I like your style of writing and this ending for this story sure does get a lot of attention from readers. I like your attention to detail but you aren't finished yet wit this ending!!!

I would ask you to WRITE ANOTHER chapter as to her realizing that she screwed up too and she DID cheat!!!!

I would like to see that chapter get them both back together again after acknowledging that they were BOTH extremely wrong in their actions!!!!!!

A SORRY is needed from both of them!!!!!

I know you can use your imagination in getting them back together again. Maybe another man becomes interested in Jill but this time JAKE DOES intervene and rescue her just before she succumbs to the man..?????????????

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 17 years ago
To much unsaid!

She wanted him to apologize when she did all the cheating. She said she saw him. If she did it would have been all the more reason to be faithful to him. Then she could have asked for that apology for him not coming forward. She just proved she was mad and didn't care about anything but her own lust. She made no mistakes, she was aware of her actions.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 17 years ago
So much BS!

It is not the job of a spouse to ensure their partner remains faithful. Or to fight for them to stop actions that shouldn't be engaged in in the first place. If you can not trust your spouse out of your sight, then you shouldn't be married. After witnessing her antics, I'd step back and see what choices she decided to make. All she did with realizing his presence is twist it into an excuse to do what she did. When in reality, his presence should have acted like cold water to wake her up. This whole ending was a justification from a wanna-be-slut. She didn't truly love Jake or value her marriage. Anyone in a committed relationship should never do anything that they wouldn't do in front of their mate. It's not up to the mate to prevent or police the actions of their spouse. Adults have choices and when they make them, they have to live with the consequences. Might as well just bring chastity belts and cock cages into use. Then nobody would have to worry about their spouse cheating.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 17 years ago
For a lawyer Jake was very ill prepared!

I would have began my return discourse to her points by saying "Jill, I hear the same thing from criminals being prosecuted every day..."It wasn't my fault..Nobody was suppose to get hurt...I needed that money because...I was high and didn't know what I was doing...My friends got me mixed up in this"..blah..blah..blah..! I've yet to hear a criminal caught dead to rights admit it was all their own fault and they deserve whatever punishment fits the crime. Unlike you, most of these individuals are uneducated, come from a hard background or broken homes, and sometimes feel like they've got nothing to lose. The fact is though they still had choices and the bad choices they make are because they don't regret the consequences unless they get caught! You are as shallow and selfish as the hardest criminal I've ever dealt with. Even if you didn't care about betraying me or our marriage you should have at least cared enough about how your actions might affect our son to make the right decision. What if you picked up AIDS or some other incurable disease and passed it on to me and our son? Even if our very lives are at stake you're still going to do whatever YOU WANT TO DO AND DAMNED WHO GETS HURT BY IT! Well, you can keep holding onto your selfish attitude until the cows come home but you will never endanger Jake Jr by any action you take from here on out. Now that you've spoken and made yourself clear on who and what you are I will obtain a divorce. We can keep this amicable or we can make it as ugly as the new you! Your choice. I would be very careful about doing anything stupid when it comes to Jake Jr. though. In my line of work I run into a lot of criminals...criminals who owe me favors! When it comes to protecting Jake Jr. I'm the worst criminal you will ever know and I've got a hell of a long reach! Good health and good riddance to you...YOU MISERABLE FUCKING SLUT!"

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 17 years ago
How Twisted and Expected from You Of No Reality

Your words flow like twisted dog squeezings flavor-able only to you - but weirdness is your forte and male hatred is your moat. Somebody hurt you some time ago and the bitterness still eats you up.<P>

This contorted male haters viewpoint is less transparent than your other wimps but still disgusting. You do great disservice to the women you seek to elevate with your unreasonable contortions. Your whore however is so flawed and contrived that you sicken any rational thought of real life or reality.<P>

Given your style and predilection for disgusting male bashing one couldn't be surprised just forewarned, so you didn't disappoint - just took yourself to a new exposed low and did the very thing that you didn't want to.<P>

Your woman was less than a normal rational human wife or mommy - you had her despise him from the beginning of your fairy tail with newly invented character traits, then followed through as directed by your viewpoint of resurrecting her from the dismal position of the original and all the prior stories preceding. <P>

In that process you made her a preying mantis who selfishly pushed aside all human tendencies of a wife and mother for the life you/she really wanted - the shrew and selfish cheater.<P>

Again and again your contorted viewpoints and freaky weirdness does devastating damage to your ability to write entertaining and/or arousing stories. A true time and time again waste of talent for one persons selfish sake. Sad

TheKiiierTheKiiieralmost 17 years ago
I agree, that this is bullshit!

The story and it's characters make no sense in their directions. If I were the husband the real ending would be a quick dirty payback designed to humiliate and/or destroy her like her actions affected him/their marriage or outright murder (it's a character flaw I'm vary aware of in my self, easy to violence). It's very easy to justify all you want want but she was in the wrong any way you slice it. I think maybe you should do another chapter and have her wake up to her actions, better on her own or by the husbands actions or even better the son's.

phoenix764phoenix764almost 17 years ago
A wasteb of time and web space

Believe it or not but not all men would interfere if they saw their wives behaving in a manner not appropriate. They could either be shocked to inaction, or they want to see exactly what she will do when no one is watching her. She is the one that broke the marriage vows, and then lied about it. She may had had a chance if she immediately confessed, got medical attention, and then they both went top counselling. Its not a guarantee, but its better than nothing. Her actions only show her betrayal of the marriage. Her actions of taking the son out of state without the father's approval in a divorce case is a big no no, and if she doesn't lose custody, her visits should be always supervised as she obviously is willing to kidnap her child. Adultery is wrong whoever committs it. Please wake up and get a clue before you write again.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 17 years ago
Just a Slut...all the same

Sluts are all the same...always blaming everyone else...and with a child?......Jake pushed her????...Yeah, right!!..remember...jill said she owed Juan....what a whore..

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 17 years ago
no no NO!

Angiqueshopie,

Please do not take on anymore stories written by other authors. You have allowed Headhuntertales to drag you down to his level.

A fan always

Use1ceOnlyUse1ceOnlyalmost 17 years ago
Great story

People (men?) who venture to comment on stories on this site don't seem to realise that that is what they are: stories not slices of life. If they want to read the details of how marriages go wrong in real life there are probably court proceedings published somewhere. If my observation of my own failures and those of friends and acquaintances is anything to go by they are boring and repetitive.

There will be selfishness and lack of consideration on both sides. Only if they are fortunate will children escape being the principal victims. Whatever! There’s nothing to interest outsiders.

I read for entertainment from the interesting situations that a good writer’s imagination can create. I don’t even expect to find food to stimulate my right hand to self-abuse. Pictures of naked teens in high heels are much more effective.

I’ve no idea if angiqueS really is a woman but the stories are great even if the action isn’t entirely clear to me. In ‘A new and delicate balance’ I don’t understand the final remark that the narrator ‘is black’. Skin colour is much more important in our world than it should be and has played a significant role earlier in the story. Assuming that the other actors are ‘white’ he would be able to tell if the child is his by its colour but I can’t guess what colour it was.

MinigalesMinigalesalmost 17 years ago
The Most Suitable Word

<p> I know this is not original. I saw many anonymous posters say it very many times, but I have never said it myself before. Though, I see it is the word most suitable for this story. Commenters before me beat this story to death and then to nothingness, but simplicity is that the perfect word for this is "bullshit."

<p> The author here shows the woman in need of a chaperon or a babysitter, but at the same time hates men's guts because they allegedly chaperon or babysit women.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 17 years ago
Mans point of view

From a mans point of view, if she thought it was a game she would not have gone all the way. Thats all there is to it.

waratahwaratahalmost 17 years ago
Disspointed

I like angi stories, usually very powerful and emotional. but this one wasn't to your usual standards. Not as well researched as normal perhaps. Maybe hurried. It did highlite Jake's characters 'failings' better than any others. But Jill's character in particular was so dramatically different from Jill in HHT's vesion I found it hard to believe it was the same story. Maybe as a stand alone story it would have been ok. But do not be dissuaded from writting, because as I said, most of your stories are brilliant. And I'm embarrsed by the coments attaching your grammer etc, pedant alert, for fuck sake the auther does pretty well considering English isn't their first language.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 17 years ago
Not your talent

I've seen two authors write ONE story, seemlessly writing together perfectly, producing a good book. I've also read good takes on an ongoing story, taking the same characters and a starting plot, bringing their own perspectives into the mix. BUT this is NOT your talent...

Angie, this story didn’t work because your take on Headhunters’ completely changed the characters of the story – plus it was easy to see that you did not have any kind of legal knowledge, so the readers would have to suspend logic and reality to get into your story.

The question is--when an author takes the plot and characters of another author to give their own version is it okay to change the characters so much that they are unrecognizable? Can they maintain the same characters, giving us a new perspective on their emotions and thoughts while maintaining the integrity of the characters?

But you didn’t.

Regretfully, your stories and characters are becoming old. Basically they are the same characters, same agenda and same plot. THE WORST THING THAT AN AUTHOR CAN DO IS TO BECOME BORING AND PREDICTABLE! And you are that. There are no surprises, nothing unexpected. The women are sooooooooooo intelligent while the men are whimpy fools, basically buffoons who have let themselves become pasty, unattractive partners so naturally these contemptuous, superior women feel entitled to be unfaithful because after all it is their fault... I would point out all the legal aspects were this story goes wrong, but because it’s clear that this author did not research the legal aspects of this story or because she’s ignorant of USA Law – we will give her a pass. I found the last scene disturbing. Jill is topless, rubbing oil on her breasts while her son is beside her. Maybe it’s just me...

Bottom line, for boring and predictable, I had to give this story a 0. At this point, I have decided that you can only create unrealistic, sophisticated melodramatic characters that thank God we will never meet.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 17 years ago
Thanks for another great read

Presumable aftermath: Jake got full child custody after agents found drugs on Jill's property, thus making her an unfit mother. It was easy to hate Jill, and to feel sorry for Jake. I didn't think there was ANY voyeuristic side to Jake, just pain at Jill's betrayal. Presumably Jake found a way to educate the Mendozas as to why you don't mess with another's wife.

charleybearcharleybearalmost 17 years ago
My read on this.

Though I reject the entire premise of this story; that being that Jake was to blame for Jill taking this to the point of fucking the Mendoza brothers (again), I acknowledge that the story was well written and most certainly expresses a point of view that is likely very prominent in the minds of the millions of cheaters out there. Somehow their spouse or significant other is to blame for their actions. This is pretty common and Jill in this author’s story is absolutely in that camp and perhaps no one should expect her to be anywhere else. The thing here that bothers me isn’t the story written, I will address that in my “Law of the Heart, The Rebuttal” which I submitted today and it should be on the shelf in a few days for your reading pleasure (or displeasure). What I am addressing with the rest of this comment is the treatment of this author and many other authors that I have seen in recent months. It is my view that this comment section is to comment on the story and not a forum for personal attacks on authors. I have had it happen to me as well and I am sure many authors have, but that is wrong people. The point of view expressed in this story is a valid one whether you like it or not. I personally hate it, but it doesn’t give me the right to attack this author. Sure, you can do anything you like, but it isn’t right and I would like to see it come to an end. The truth is I believe many good authors have stopped submitting to this site because they just don’t want to put up with the hateful bullshit that is expressed by many. That hurts us all because we don’t get to read a lot of very good stories. Why don’t you all just give it a rest!! Respect this author’s opinions as her own and if you hate her writing so much, just don’t read anymore. But, STOP THE PERSONAL HATEFUL ATTACKS!!

Author, thank you for your story. I thought your premise was bullshit but I appreciate your writing and I will continue to read your submissions.

Charleybear

AnonymousCriticAnonymousCriticalmost 17 years ago
Illogical and inconsistent

What is this, the other side of 9/11? The poor martyrs were forced to take one for the team by the unreasonable behavior of the antagonists who worked in the Twin Towers?

<p>

I’ll ignore the complete revisionist history because it pales in comparison to the other problems.

<p>

<p>

She protests she has a brain and needs to use it. Then she fails to use it.

<p>

Her first excuse is that he deserved to be cheated on because he was running some kind of voyeur game on her. Then she finds out he didn’t know she knew he was there. He must have been jealous. Okay, he deserved to be cheated on because he was jealous. The reason apparently doesn’t matter to her. Whatever happened, he instigated it and, therefore, he deserves it. Given that propensity, I can see the scene that would result from his moving in when they were dancing to tell Juan to get away from her, as she said she wanted him to do. He and Hector would give Jake a sound beating, since he’s in even worse shape than when they beat him before. Jake wouldn’t be able to take care of her needs so his intervening when he knew he would be beaten would FORCE her to spend the night with Juan and Hector, his fault.

<p>

After all her “thoughtful” reflection, it never occurs to her that her being felt up on the boat topless, running around with Juan, the guy who put a beating on her husband for defending her, all the other sexual behaviors with him WHILE SHE IS NOT WEARING HER WEDDING RINGS could reasonably be construed as something more than playful flirting. I think it’s pretty brainless of her not to consider it at the time, but in light of everything that transpired after, how can it never occur to her? One of the key traits of being a lawyer is the ability to see the other side’s position in order to plan counter moves. How could someone, allegedly with a crack legal mind, still miss this AFTER collecting all the information?

<p>

To the end, she maintains she loves Jake. She displays this by cheating on him – his fault – with his worst enemy, lying to him to make him suffer because the cheating was his fault, then kidnapping their son (it’s probably interference with Custody) and running to Florida, presumably to be with Juan.

<p>

So, I ask this one question: what would she do if she didn’t love him?

KOLKOREKOLKOREalmost 17 years ago
From this bottom you could only go up!

Thank god for true advocates for women’s issues all around. I dare not imagine the fate of any woman: single; group or an organization, had they been unfortunate enough to ever make the terrible mistake and seek the help of the legal mind of the likes of the wife in this story. With regard to women’s causes: We would have seen women’s cases fall apart in any public forum, and the legal status of women in all and any of major areas of life would have regressed back to the dark ages. <P>

You are right on one point though. An intelligent sensitive and sophisticated voice is sorely needed for women (and may I add, for men too, especially if they are as dumb as you present them); not only in creating better narratives which would do justice to women’s image, but in real life. But It becomes clearer and clearer that It’s not the voice of any of the character you have created that could fill this void. <P>

Yet again, you position your story to protect and improve women voice, and yet again- you end up doing the opposite. The voice of your characters further escalates existing divisions; invents non existing ones, but the worst part is that it simply presents very un-intelligent hateful and overall unattractive characters. Complexity? Those characters could not deal with it with a twenty yard stick. Their voices are of the terrible simplifiers.

This story should be called for what it is – an offense – naïve and primitive – but still an offense, both on women and on men who truly love intelligent; strong; principled women. What a fiasco. <P>

If only it was well written. The style was bombastic and incredible as the narrator was speaking through the voice of the wife. She sounded (and behaved) like a two dimension caricature. No flowery language could ever hide that. My only hope is that from this bottom you have sunk to, you could go only up!

NucleusNucleusalmost 17 years ago
Please don't write more

... "another endings." You developed inconsistent and new characters. You ignore facts from the original story. I don't go along with other commentators which denounce your attitude to men but as a writer I would say you cheated on Headhuntertales story. Sorry.

hammer17hammer17almost 17 years ago
Hmm!!

I'll score you like this. It is a very well written story. I don't really understand why Jill Can't comprehend that Jake DIDN'T make her go on the boat with Sally and the 2 stud bro's. Jake never made her rub her pussy all over his leg at the dance. I will say that Jake was wrong for not stepping up and knocking that Son of a Bitches head off with an aluminum baseball bat, or cutting his balls off in the room.. WHY on this Earth would Jill want to go to live with the one person that set the whole cheating thing up??? That would be Sally, go figure.

KublaiKhanIIIKublaiKhanIIIalmost 17 years ago
I'm a Member of NOW

The "National Organization for Women" and so I would have to go with Jill/Angie: <p>

It's all Jake's --- stupid, yoyeuristic big Jake's fault --- that now little Jake and Jill are down in Florida, with Jill jobless, even she's a highly competent lawyer, a loyal wife (albeit, with a healthy sexual needs).... <p>

I love it when Jill, the main character, per Angie (or was it vice versa?), described to us, the voyeuristic audience, how she fucked, sucked, and have all kinds of sex all night --- with a VAGINA FULL OF SPERMS (she's QUITE VISUAL ON THOSE DESCRIPTION for our enjoyment!) --- and then the next morning found herself nursing on Juan (or Hector?, it don't matter, they are twins anyway)'s mighty dick, even before she's totall awoken. <p>

"Wake up sleeping beauty," Juan/Hector said, with a handsome smile. <p>

"Hmmmm, it takes so good," Jill murmured, purrrrring, with a huge smiles spreading across her face, like the sun... <p>

"Baby," Juan/Hector said, "Why do you married that wimp husband of yours, that small-dicked Mr. Jake Wimp?"

"Hey, hey, buster,,, I happen to love him, okay? And, Mr., if you say one more negative thing about my beloved husband, you can take your dick out of my mouth and go find another woman, okay? And I MEAN IT, TOO!" Jill responded, still smiling. But she's ALSO VERY SERIOUS. She couldn't stand it when someone makes fun of her husband, even if Jill thinks he's wimpish and voyeuristic. <p>

"Okay, okay, babe, whatever you say, Jill. Just keep sucking my dick, okay? Gosh, I miss you and your talented mouth.... Those wild parties during college, Jill,,, I still have goosebumps when I think back how good you were!" <p>

"That's my boy. Don't say any thing nasty about my stupid, jealous, and voyeuristic husband; all you have to do is just let me suck your beautiful dick, okay? Jake may be wimp and all, but he is still MY HUSBAND, the father of my little beautiful baby Jake, okay, Juan/Hector? So no more bad mouthing my big Jake or my little Jake, okay?" <p>

"Okay, Jill whatever you say. You are in charge. Oooooh, ahaaaaaaahhh, oh, God, Jill you gonna make me come. But I want to put MORE OF MY LOVE POTION in your already FULL VAGINA; it's so sexy, seeing you so full likt last night, with you falling asleep with such a big smile on your face. I need to come to your city and give you more of my love potion; fill you to the brim every night, if possible. Gosh, what a lovely sight, Jill" <p>

"That's the way to talk, Mr.!" Jill momentarily took Juan/Hector's dick out of her mouth. She reached down to her genitals and felt herself. "Gosh, I am still a swamp," Jill said, laughing, LOOKING LOVINGLY, sexily into Juan/Hector's smiling face. <p>

I don't know about you other readers, folks,,, to me, SUCH HAPPINESS --- if disrupted or discontinued for whatever reason ---- is just TRAGIC! <p>

Angie/Jill is right: there are always TWO SIDES to a story. Jake had his side; now it is Angie/JIll's. She's telling us, giving us a FULL PICTORIAL scene of what reall, REALLY happened, NOT what Jake said happened. Jill's side of the story was just as valid, logical as Jakes; indeed, perhaps more so, being that she's a woman and not as hot headed as Jake. <p>

Anyone who said any thing else, saying why or how Jill cheated was bad, bad, bad ---- they are just jealous of her happiness. She's so nice, describing to us how beautiful she looked, with her vagina full of Juan's/Hetor's sperms,,,, I mean, what else do you want, readers?

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 17 years ago
All this furor about a mediocre original story

I can't believe the number of writers and readers who opine about Headhunter's original mediocre story. In the original there is no doubt that Jake was the prototype dummy,who skulked around like an idiot and did nothing to interfere with Jill's stupid antics. Jill, on the othe hand, as one of the leaders of her class, acted like a promiscuous simpleton.

Now you have potrayed her as a female Peter Pan who never wants to grow up and be an adult.I guess she got her wish. She never did grow up and dumbo Jake continues plodding along. The original story was bad, but this is worse.

60 year old George

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 17 years ago
Great technique, lousy content

Law of the Heart is one of my favorite stories on this site. It is probably the one that got met started reading here. Your take on it, unfortunately, doesn't live up to the original. Your an excellent and talented writer. Your stories convey your thoughts and spur emotions. This one fails because you failed to follow HHT's original premise. This Jill is nothing like his. This one is devoid of moral's or committment to Jake. Your story also fails because you write about lawyers but know nothing of the law. Any mother who spirited a child out of state to deny a parent custody would be hauled back and not likely to be treated very well by the courts. Any lawyer would know this. Her "plan" was as stupid as her actions with Juan. Finally, anyone who has written on to a law review is as attached to their work as their first born. There would be no forgiveness for plagerism of any kind. Keep writing, I find your perspective interesting and worth a read. There are people, primarily woman, with your perspective in the world. The content police here who don't want you to share that perspective should be ignored. I believe there are woman who don't much like men in all parts of society, some even married. Your insight into their thought process is keen.

xbowxbowalmost 17 years ago
NOW deserves better than KublaiKhanIII

I am quite sure that the vast majority of the people in the National Organization for Women have more sense and morals than KublaiKhanIII. In case she didn't notice it all of the crap about how Jake encouraged Jill was a very questionable conclusion on Jill's part! Jake was there and he didn't interfere as she acted like a slut. Those were the facts. From that she decided that he wanted her to have sex with others! But since he clearly hated the Mendoza's brothers it was a very <b> STUPID </b> conclusion! <br> <br>

The Jill in this story is clearly a selfish bitch. <br>1. She stepped out on Jake, (going to wild parties without telling him) before they were ever married.<br>2. She cheats on him at the reunion. <br>3. She blames him for it because he didn't stop her.<br>4. She gets pissed when he acts jealous and suspicious after she returns.<br>5. She runs off and takes their son with her. (This is the one that really gets me. Does KublaiKanIII really believe that NOW would support parental kidnapping?)<br>6. In the afterwards she thinks sadly about how Jake never apologized.<br> <b>Unbelievable!</b> <br> <br>

The entire premise of how Jake caused this to happen doesn't work at all because Jake didn't realize that Jill had seen him! Since he didn't realize that she was watching him his actions COULD NOT have been intended to encourage her to do anything! Nor for that matter was Jill sure that she had seen him until she found her wedding rings. But somehow, in her mind, it was his fault that she cheated whether he was really there or not.<br> <br>

I believe the Angiquesophie had to work hard to find a way to try and find a way to defend Jill but she fails completely because her actions were indefensible. All she does is make her out to be even a more selfish and obnoxious.

<br> <br>

XBow

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 17 years ago
Writers Wrights & Readers Reactions +/-'s

I think it is admirable for writers to defend writers rights even though they don't ask for it. But the premise that you shouldn't voice a reaction - to just go away is counterproductive to the process. Think about it.<P>

When a writer allows comments [which should be a non-elective] it honors their value for the writers growth or the writers ego [strokes for supportive purposes]. It also gives readers a part in the process for without them this site would not earn the profit it needs to continue.<P>

People - you need to understand that this is free only due the perceived or real value to advertisers because of the vast number of hits per day and a world wide audience to buy their products.<P>

It lets readers constructively critique or just voice their pleasure or lack of it and why. One can't argue reasonably against that intention on each's part [to allow and to react].<P>

The other side of that coin is the abusive comment when a reader feels so offended that they feel it warrants comment to let the writer feel the emotion they generated and usually why.<P>

Writers aren't always smart and readers aren't always stupid and in that vein the site should get better with each preforming a reasonable and predictable roll.<P>

Writers almost always have an agenda as do readers. Emotions are to be excited - to be aroused - to feel plus or minus towards the product. Thats what a writer strives for and they know before pen or keyboard goes to work what they intend to stir - to project and in large part how it will be received.<P>

This writer has a history and mission to project her viewpoint of male braindeadedness and fallibilities to the extreme benefit to her genders always getting the upper hand on the useless male. <P>

Thats her game just like the wimpy male or female writer that continuously cuckolds her spouse who needs humiliation from humongous cocks be they black or white and the resulting bastard babies that excite the very few sicko's who need dark septic fetish to become excited.<P>

If you really can't believe that writers don't know the maelstrom that will result from their intentions go have another brew while the intelligent folks read on. Human degradation will always strike below the belt in 99.9% of people minds - they will be offended - unless it's in a category which they can avoid for its intentions are clearly known.<P>

The owners of this site are to be commended for their rules and flexibilities. It is clearly the Cadillac of sites with a strong and above average readership in both count and savvy. They saw early on that the Feedback Section added value to the process - that high comment traffic indicated interest and demanded attention + or - .<P>

Writers can go or come and stay the same or change - it is always their prerogative but to suggest that readers shape their success or failure [leaving] is wrong or out of line is nonsense. Undeniably readers make a successful writer grow, be acknowledged as such or go away [or at least to an arena where they may be appreciated]. Thats a good thing for the process and each participant.<P>

Do you think good writers would stay here without good peers and an interested readership? Do you think readers would stay here without good writers? Cmon people.<P>

It is a beautiful and workable process as it is - don't demean it without reasonable consideration or a constructive way to better it.<P>

Thanks for the opportunity and provocation dear writer and commentors.

ohioohioalmost 17 years ago
wonderful job

I purposely haven't read all the other comments yet, so I can offer my own opinion first. What impresses me most, besides your always colorful and wonderful writing, is that you find a way to make Jill's behavior pretty believable (perhaps not completely so, but at least not a total mystery for an otherwise happily married woman). Without changing the original story, you also successfully turn Jake into a fool. You highlight the many times he could have, and should have, intervened in his wife's activities.

I personally don't find that your version lets Jill off the hook, but it comes a long way towards swinging the blame over to Jake. Great job, making something very different that's still consistent with the original. Thanks, ohio

ohioohioalmost 17 years ago
A second comment:

Now I've read the previous comments and boy, are they full of venom! All those readers who love stories where the husbands are perfect and the women are brain-dead sluts who get their just desserts--boy have you pissed them off! Without asserting that angique's story is perfect, I'd say that at worst all she's done is turn things around a little. There are an awful lot of readers out there who are pretty damn angry at the world, or at women, or something---hey guys, lighten up!__________________________________________

A couple of specific comments: Harry in VA claims that she's changed the story, b/c in the original she didn't see Jake in Florida. That's wrong, Harry: the original is told entirely from Jake's point of view, so we don't know what Jill saw or didn't see; or what she was thinking, for that matter.________________________________________________

Second point: many commenters say that she "changed the character of Jake beyond recognition". But since Jake in the original was presented in his own words, he may not have been accurate about himself--who among us is? He could easily have been an uptight, moralistic prig, as Jill describes him here._____________________________________

Finally, and this applies to many other stories, not just this one: Readers, don't confuse the author with the characters!!! Just as Jake told the original story from his point of view, Jill tells this one. Of course each of them justifies their own behavior--that's what people do! The fact that Jill here CLAIMS she's justified because of Jake's voyeurism doesn't mean the AUTHOR believes that--just that JILL BELIEVES that._______________________________________

I can write a story about a rapist without being a rapist or believing that rape is acceptable. Why can't someone write about a woman who behaves selfishly or thoughtlessly, and justifies it, without being accused of being a slut herself?

ohio

KublaiKhanIIIKublaiKhanIIIalmost 17 years ago
Xbow

I am also a member of the ACLU, paid member, not just an honorary/emailed one. <p>

I'm almost sure the N.O.W. would not advocated for one kidnapping one's child from one's spouse. But I also believe, worse comes to worse --- if it gets really heinously ugly, where they're going to steralize Jill, say? --- the ACLU would come to her defense. <p>

But I found the Anonymous in the USA from Michigan's post to be quite sensible, although he/she gave this story a "00" while I gave it a "100". <p>

Anyway, my point was simply that I thought Jill/Angie (the story argument here was that THIS PARTICULAR VIEW from the woman) was such a lovable character/author, when she described to us voyeuristic (like her wimpy [but don't tell her about it]; only she has that right) she fucked with Juan/Hector the whole night, with a VAGINA FULL OF SPERMS --- go back and re-read that paragraph CAREFULLY --- and she was giddy over it, waking up the next morning to nurse on Juan/Hector's big, hard cock, smiling to him... <p>

My point was simply that this woman WAS/IS HAPPY! <p>

I mean, who gives a fuckin' care about her (and Angie's) braindead "rational" about her Jake or us readers who are all voyeuristic, simply wanting JILL TO DESCRIBE what a happy person Jill was/is because she was having such good hard fuck sessions with romantic Juan/Hector, twins she fucked countless times in college during those college day wild parties... <p>

I simply meant, why should Jill --- this loveable, smart, and accomplished mother and laywer --- give a fuck about a husband who's such a pervert, who would keep track of her, in crowded dance halls, but who would sneak away, not coming to take her away so they could fuck, when she's OBVIOUSLY horny, rubbing against any dancing partner she's dancing/rubbing against at the moment? <p>

Jill's fortunately, isn't it, that she's with romantic and attentive males who have harder cocks, longer stamina, MORE ROMANTIC disposition who would/could fuck without string attached?? For, without them, and with Jake being such a pervert, how's she going to get her sexual needs met, while in Florida? Use a fake penis which does not squirt tons of real life, swimming sperms? She's horny, NOT a pervert woh would do that to herself! <p>

We are talking about a hard working, faithful (up to that point anyway) wife, an accomplished and SMART lawyer who defended people who are in trouble, right? <p>

Doesn't she, Jill --- and doesn't the nice and smart author Angie --- have the right to be happy, once in while, even with her former boyfriends from college? I mean, she's in FLORIDA, vacationing and her family (parents, husband, and child) are presumably home somewhere north, right? But if some of her family members was following her, for reasons of voyeurism, and not having the guts to confront her, to take her away from romantic guys like Juan and Hector, why was it, why is it, her fault, if she fucks them in giddiness and PROUDLY DESCRIBES to us, equally voyeuristic readers, that her VAGINA IS FULL with sperms, as if to smile to both us and her husband: <p>

"This is what makes me happy, idiots! Look, I am full of sperms, mouth and vagina, and, look, come closer, look closer, here in my mouth and down there, in my vagina... Both holes are full of sperms! I am happy!! Giddy! Only my poor little Jake,,, If he was here, too, and not with my parents of supposedly big Jake, that wimp of a husband of mine, I'd be totally completely happy! But, hey, if you don't like that, screw you!, whether you are the double crossing voyeuristic audience or wimpy Jake, I could careless!" <p>

That is admirable, isn't it? Total honesty; devoted and hard working mother; accomplished lawyer; conscientious woman who simply has a healthy dose of sexual needs.... Any man with an ounce of intelligence would be begging her to stay with them, like big wimpy Jake did toward the end! <p>

The N.O.W. may not defend this character Jill here, but the ACLU will for sure! All this hard working woman, lawyer, wife, and honourable person did was not neglecting her sexual needs, while vacationing away from her family. Jake tells us HIS VERSION of the story as to why the family was/is in trouble.... Jill and Angie simply tell THEIRS, that there are always TWO SIDES to a story and Jill's is just as important, just as good, just as valid as Jake's. <p>

What Jake didn't tell, because he's not honest enough, was that he too fucks around when he's traveling. Jill has contacts and friends, and they've told her so. She, unlike Jake, does not need to sneak around or after Jake, like the latter does where Jill's concerned. So, if Jake or you jealous audience don't like Jill or Angie's honesty, sincerity, you can go screw yourself!<p>

Me, I am with Jill and Angie. These are smart women (lawyer character and author). They are honest; they are simply telling us the other side of a story. If you don't like honesty --- or the other side of the story --- then, well, don't read their stories!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 17 years ago
Absurd

Some recent readers comments defending the ho's justifications.<P>

He saw his wife come back mostly naked with studs she used to fuck without her rings on. He then chose to see how much disrespect she would exhibit for their marriage and him.<P>

She did fuck both studs again and felt justified in her sick mind cuz he didn't fight for her honor? You gotta be kidding most of the human race. Stupidly erratic self serving selfish minded bitch feels good having fucked up her life, her marriage and family for drunken selfish reasons then kidnaps her son and perhaps his to another state - and that's rational and ok????<P>

ohio you bury yourself with the people you irrationally defend for non-plausible reasons. You and the writer have similar agendas and as females who have been hurt by someone who couldn't buy into your nonsense, you seek to strike out at those males who need a take down regardless of validity in this case.<P>

Respect is a foreign substance to your futures as well as the credibility lost to anyone with a unbiased semi-functional mostly human brain.<P>

How sad your lives must be to portray and defend this distorted outlook of life.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 17 years ago
Interesting

For me, this story is a good example of why I do not care for follow up stories written by a person other than the original author. If an author wishes to collaborate with another person, they should jointly work together to produce an unified effort. However, these blanket invitations for anyone to write a follow up usually yield a less than satisfactory effort. You write good stories of your own; don't be tempted to "improve" another author's mess.

Boyd

P.S. Hopefully, no one else will attempt to resurrect Laws of Heart.

KOLKOREKOLKOREalmost 17 years ago
Ohio,

I was disappointed with your comments, not because you favored the story but because of the arguments you supplied to support how you felt.

How about paying close attention to the text before giving lessons in literary criticism? The author premises her piece with a statement of intentions. The author gives her rational for the follow up, based on her perception of gender differences, and the existing void in representing it. She offers to correct some of the void with her piece. In other words, in this case the author ties her views –her credo if you will with the perspective offered by the story. Some people write essays and opinion articles; others write stories –among other reasons to convey their view about the world. You can ignore it –but take responsibility and admit that you have chosen to do so; .i.e. to read the story as if the preface was not written. <P>

On the level of each single story, and had we not had the short Ideological credo by the author attached to it, I could have said – OK, the author wants to present this hateful mindless woman character, for what ever reasons –curiosity; provocation; entertainment satirical; and the wall between the implied author and the biographical author would have stayed intact. But that is not the case here. <P>

The concept of implied Author exists to bridge between the biographical author about whom we indeed know nothing and the overall themes and norms which either a single story generates or more strongly, a body of works projects. In this story one can not avoid the conclusion that there is a derisive /contemptuous attitude towards men as a main theme held by the implied author. Whether the biographical author has intended to express it or not bears no relevance. The story itself provides the evidence. <P>

The preface to the story is extraneous to it but it does tell us in no uncertain terms that the norms /themes offered by this story (the implied author of this single story) DO overlap with that of the biographical author. The author makes that point explicitly via the preface, and I have no reason not to believe her. <P>

BUT EVEN WITHOUT the preface, there is the accumulated weight of what is called ‘the body of works’. It’s ironic because I usually find myself in the position where I am stressing the importance of withholding judgment of the author’s views –at least not making them by naively projecting from single characters or a single story. While over reading into a text is wrong, narrowing the read to the point of willfully ignoring what’s in it or next to it (like critical CONTEXT of the author’s own work) is no big merit either. Authors and their stories do not exist in a vacuum. After carefully weighing all the literary tools pertinent for interpreting each story, a profile of the world view of the author INEVITABLY emerges. And I don’t even need to interview the person for that. People’s conscious and subconscious minds speak volumes in their body of works. <P>

Finally, I hate hate. I am strange that way. Sorry if it’s not to your liking. And I confess to get emotional when people who supposedly support or speak for lofty values (read what they write) actually spread hate at another group. You never correct one wrong by replicating it and aiming it at yet another group. I can’t help wondering about your cavalier approach in preaching to people - both men and women who revolt against hateful speech in any form.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 17 years ago
Interesting to read

She says the same self-justifying tirade that every criminal uses..."you were there and you didn't stop me." Just because you aren't stopped doesn't give you permission to cheat. You cheat because you choose to and to blame it on her husband is simply justifying your own actions. As other stories have said, I gave him permission to tempt you, it doesn't make it ok to fall. Bottom line, she kidnapped their child and is making her husband pay for her actions. Makes me glad that I not and never will be married.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 17 years ago
no logic

In her story A New and Delicate Balance the author wrote ... the balance of cheating while still loving ... don't ask for the logic in this. There seems indeed little logic in the Jill character in this "lovestory".

This Jill is just a self centered bitch. There is no logic in her loving (sic). All the relating of her feelings before going to and when in Miami does, is tell how deep her contempt for her husband really is as opposed to the flamboyant lifestyle of the Mendozas. The belitteling of his job in his small and poorly decorated office, how narrow and straight his thinking is, how he will stick to his principles and rather stand up for poor buggers, how much more attention and understanding she deserves, how she used to sneak off to these parties to get some "refreshing air", how she remembers the fantastic sex with the Mendoza twins, etc...

In other words, she may have loved Jake to some extent but clearly was not satisfied with their relationship right from the beginning and into their marriage.

All her reasoning when seeing Jake there at the resort and her decision to show him wat he deserves for keeping distance at the luau only serve to justify in her own mind the fact that she WANTED to relive her college years and the great experiences she once had and which did not include Jake. Even some envy for the free and easy lifestyle of her unattached friend Sally.

Did she go to find her husband she says to love instead of acting the way she did ? No. Did she come to her senses and value her marriage higher than the sex with the twins she knew was forthcoming ? No. After having found the rings, did she mae an attempt for reconciliation ? No. Then taking little Jake away to hurt him even more, no real remorse for her cheating, no real remorse for the pain caused by taking his child away ... a sickening woman indeed. Not in a million years does she deserve his sorry.

***

From her other stories one would have expected a different conclusion. Of course, a story is just a story and some controverse in definitely interesting, but still ...

What competent public laywer with the right connections would sit back and just try to call. Another sequel ?

G.Belgium

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 17 years ago
Surprising result!

Not your best but still a very good story. I think you found the right point to connect to the original tale. HHT described Jake and his view of Jill and you described Jill and her view of Jake. The result is a big surprise for me because both are wrong. Her life as a couple is one big lie. One day in the near future they will discover it and that will be the end of their marriage....

-----Bavarian-----

PS: I would like to read a story where your main female character will be more likeable.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 17 years ago
Thank you

Your ending is by far the better one. She should never have married this little creep in the first place. His shallowness was displayed early on. I hope she makes a better choice the next time.

Again, thanks for shedding some light and some truth to this little tale.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 17 years ago
Wrong creep

If the author actually believes this story is a valid view, then it explains the gulf between views. "Jill" has no basis for requesting an apology, she is nothing but a self-serving user of others. This seems to be the repeating theme of stories from this author, and I have to wonder if she just enjoys baiting anger from those who might take her seriously. If the author is serious, please seek professional help. You need it.

bear2readbear2readalmost 17 years ago
To each their own

From many comments, and the story itself, it is apparent that both Jill and Jake had communication problems. I believe Jill had her mind made up when she boarded the plane for Miami that she was going to do something like she eventually did. She wanted to be 21 again, no matter what or whom was around. She did these things with her husband watching, with her friends right there, and never once made any strong apologies for her actions. She went from a mom/wife to a horny college slut once again -- and that's what she wanted. Take it or leave it - that's the story's premise.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 17 years ago
Rewrite

I just love it when an anthor says they are going to write another side to the story, but then to do so they change both the story and the characters so it has nothing to do with the original. Please write your own stories in the future, I do not like them, but at least you will not totally bastardize someone else's story.

AnonymousAnonymousover 16 years ago
so bitch

This woman in this story is so slut so bitch !!!

AnonymousAnonymousover 16 years ago
Theft of child by one parent is still theft.

A divorce action proving adultry would give him a strong hand in the matter. And her taking the child out of state without prior consent of the father would get her charged on kidnapping. Once arrested ad the child returned to the state she could begin the fight to try and regain her child. Another possible scene is also there. He could come and bring the child back home himself and let her try and get court action to get it back. Anyway he is better off rid of a piece of worthless trash that drags him down.

AnonymousAnonymousover 16 years ago
This isnt from a woman's perspective, it is from a

immoral and unethical sluts perspective. She didnt love her husband, she had a partner not a loving husband, she used him just as she used her friends. One thing speaks volumes for her husband in this story. The planned kidnapping of her child to another state before talking to her husband about the dissolution of their marriage. Seldom do I think of hits but this female, cant call her a wife, would deserve termination. She is an immoral slut unfortunately perhaps the last role model a child should have not the one that a child should grow up with. Her husband has enough grounds to have her declared mentally ill and arrested for kidnapping.

AnonymousAnonymousover 16 years ago
hmm?

I was going to leave a comment saying "what a load of bull", but everyone else seems to have beaten me to it...

Most women are decent and honourable, and would not act like that.

It's a sick justification for cheating, isn't it? "look what you made me do?"

I understand that this is a work of fiction, but I also hope this story doesn't reflect the authors own real world morals?

AnonymousAnonymousover 16 years ago
Not as Good

Sorry, I had to stop reading this story half way through the first Page as Jill started very unlovingly rubbish her so called loving Husband.

But "You see -- I love Jake" it certainly doesn't sound like she does, she appears very self-centred, one of the Nasty Lawyers.

If she knew Jake was like this why did she do what she did?

Why did she even go to the reunion without him?

'I was Unfaithful so he must be a bad person also'

I did like the story up to this one.

AnonymousAnonymousover 16 years ago
Total Selfishness

This is a sorry story. This woman rationalizes her sluttiness as her husband's fault. What a load of crap. We are all responsible for our own decisions. Why is it that women always try to blame their husbands for their own lack of self respect and selfishness?

The husband should have someone beat the crap out of all three of them and bring his kid home. This whole story is female B.S.

plugnickelplugnickelover 16 years ago
She cheated, liked it, threw vows away, shit on

husband, stole child and laughed. A true bitch. I'm glad you destroyed the decent wife and turned her into a selfish, conceited whore. She never gave up her party days. She's trash in this story. Husband and son suffers while she's soaking up the sun. Little Jake lost dad and grandparents. All because of a slut's rationalizations. You did good showing her for what she really was...evil.

AnonymousAnonymousover 16 years ago
I`ve read it and....

She is still a cheating slut , her husband didn`t tell her to fuck around , she did it on her own , I hope sincerely she gets everything she desreves , and it isn`t peace and serenity.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 16 years ago
Cheating selfish slut

Whichever way you tell it it comes to the same thing , she was a selfish, cheating, slut.

AnonymousAnonymousover 15 years ago
Sorry love you didnt tell this from the woman's

point of view. You changed the story and slanted it from the beginning as Jake being her love but weak and self centered and always the problem in her life. Then in every case the wife of the story justifies her slut and cheating actions by saying her husband is to good and to loving to her so ehe had to be bad. What you are painting a picture is not a woman but a woman with very serious mental illnesses that need treatment. Not only that taking the child out of state without a parents, both parents prior permission, is kidnapping and the wife in this case could be held in contempt of court then jailed for kidnapping if the father pressed charges. Her actions are not rational and any court of law deciding on custody issues would find her and unfit mother and give full custody to the father. I find the female character described in this story never really loved her husband. She realized her fuck buddies were not the type of man she would need to marry, and they were not interested in marrying a fuckslut anyway, to be successful in her career. I feel she married him to use him and pretended to love when necessary and ran off when the first time she realized her husband knew what type of person she really was.

massivereadermassivereaderover 15 years ago
A womans point of view?

Unlike most of the respondents to this story, I thoroughly enjoyed angiquesopie's final chapter to Law of the Heart.

What most commenters missed is that the characters actions are not the authors, but do show the author's insight into the human condition. And angiquesophie got this character's motivation and actions just right: she is the prototypical (insert any ethnic group here) american princess. She grew us pretty, bright and yet frighteningly amoral due to her privledged background. There are so many people exactly like this (both male and female) that it is frightening.

We all know them, they are the ones who expect life to provide for their every need and want without fail; without being inconvienienced by what is earned, right or legal.

The fact that the woman is a lawyer just makes her attitude more beleivable. In this day of plea bargains and enforcing unconscionable laws with sentencing influenced more by race and economics than fairness, many police and lawyers place themselves above the system rather than within it.

Most of the points made by commenters are valid. Her cheating in school is indicative of her lack of respect for her partner. Her "love" is fondness for a foil who provides a necessary socially acceptable beard for her immoral and licentous nature. Her frightening resentment of his worthy but relatively low status legal career just underlines this conceit. Her blaming her husband for her own cheating is simply typical of the immoral mind-set. "It's not my fault because______" Abdicating acountablity and responsibility for her own actions, then running away from her actions rather than accepting the results of her decisions. But all these comments simply point out the immaturity and personality faults of the character. Well done I say!

studebakerhawkstudebakerhawkover 15 years ago
Same song, different verse

I don't know what happened to make you such a man hater, but your desire (or need) to make her cheating his fault actually diminishes your female characters. SHE wouldn't be doing this if HE had behaved properly, i.e. to HER standards. It's sad really, such amazing writing talent wasted trying to justify spoiled, selfish behavior. I imagine once my distaste for this story dies down the potential of your writing talent will probably draw me back for another story or two, but it's getting more difficult every time. On the other hand, since I'm a male, my distaste for your plots will probably be seen as my male inability to appreciate that cheating and betrayal is "far more complicated than many men choose to make it."

striker1017striker1017over 15 years ago
she can't take little jake to fla.

She would lose all her custody rights and the courts would grant him full custody of the child.

zed0zed0over 15 years ago
Typical Women

She blames her husband for her being a slut, how typical women, always makes it the man's fault. I hate stories with a sad ending, and evil (in this case Jill) triumphs over good (in this case Jake).

AnonymousAnonymousover 15 years ago
I'm really sorry

to read that out of the mouth of a woman. even while alive you have to be dead. I don't know who did what to you that you lost all common sense and are for sure unable to love at all. you have not even a clou what friendship means. and sex for instance is not something to eat but for you sombody who is unable to develop any feelings at all, its quite interesting that you still try to fit somewhere. why a baby? its just making noise and you miss another party. I feel really bad that somebody like you has otherwise a remarkable gift in writing. what would you be able to create if you could develop feelings and would not have such a disturbed mind. I feel pity and hope you get better and not bitter with age.

AnonymousAnonymousover 15 years ago
Typical man-hating story.....

Yep - this author is so predictable. We hope in her next life she comes back as the true self-centered bitch with a penis. LOL

AnonymousAnonymousover 15 years ago
Hope this wasn't written by a woman

Because if it is, she must really hate men.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userangiquesophie@angiquesophie
42 years ago I was born near Brussels, the Belgian capital. Since my 15th birthday I live in Amsterdam, where I own a small fashion atelier. We specialize in custom designed corsets and assessories that cater to the exclusive tastes of a wealthy, discreet clientele with a cert...

SIMILAR Stories