Lessons Learned Ch. 16

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

But then she began to get sloppy. She didn't think I would find out about Devon or the house burning. She thought that she could just fuck that punk, destroy my sister's house and get away with it. No,It wasn't going to happen that way. Not if I had anything to do with it."

Marguerite looked at her brother as if she was seeing him for the first time. She asked him softly,

"What did you do Dre?"

" I did what I had to do to keep my sister safe."

"What does that mean? Angela was never in any REAL danger with Sherise!!" Marguerite exclaimed.

"Oh come on Marguerite!! The bitch burned Angela's house down and then went on with life like it was nothing. What was I supposed to do? Huh? Turn the other cheek. That's not me. You know that." Andreas replied.

"You were supposed to let the police handle it. That's what you were supposed to do. But this wasn't about Angela was it?" Marguerite asked.

"Of course it was."Andreas replied.

"No Andreas. You could have just said 'fuck you' and kept on going. No you 'took care of Sherice' because she was fucking Devon and anything else with a dick. You were tired of being made a fool of. Angela's house burning down was just the straw that broke the camel's back." Marguerite replied matter-of-factly.

Andreas sat there and stared evenly into Marguerite's eyes. Momma and Daddy watched the scene before them in tense silence. Shane's hand never left mine.

"Marguerite what are you doing? You know damn well Dre would never do anything like that unless he felt he had to."Maurice intercepted.

Marguerite turned to Maurice and replied,

"Are you really going to sit here and justify our brother's actions? He took a life Maurice. That's a big deal!!" Marguerite replied.

"Andreas did what he thought he had to do. If you were in the same situation you would do the same." Maurice replied.

"However pure or unpure my intentions may have been I would have NEVER killed someone just to make a point or otherwise." Marguerite replied.

"What are you trying to say Marguerite? Just spell it out." Andreas replied.

"Dre I love you. You're my brother and I will always have your back. No matter what." Marguerite replied.

"But......."

"I just question the sincerity of your actions." Marguerite responded.

"Look, I love my sister and I would do anything for her; just as I would do for you or Maurice. You know that. So whatever your insinuating is not true." Andreas replied.

"So you're telling me that finding out about Sherise's lates tryst had nothing to do with your actions?"

Andreas froze. His expression darkened. Marguerite blanched at his expression and took a step back. Andreas answered her softly,

"Marguerite have you ever loved someone so much that you would put everything on the line for them. That you would forsake all others just so that you can be with them? A love so deep that you would kill to make that person happy and die if you made that person sad?"

Marguerite looked up and her gaze instantly met Ian's. She slightly nodded.

Andreas continued, "A love so deep that you wake up happy and go to bed content, because even though you may not get the chance to look at the love of your life whilst you slumber you know without a doubt that they are right there with you; in your arms and never letting go."

Momma took Sr's hand and squeezed it tight. Shane still held my hand. Unbeknowst to everyone in the room, the medicine had wore off. I squeezed Shane's hand lightly. He looked down and saw my still form. He squeezed my hand and I returned the squeeze. He knew then that I was awake. He stood silently; never giving any clue to my family that I could hear every word that was being said.

"That's what I had with Sherice." Andreas continued. " She was my all. Atleast I thought she was. But unfortunately she proved over and over that she didn't feel the same about me. It killed me. I won't lie I wanted to kill her when I found out about her affairs and I had ample opportunity before now. Instead, I decided that; since she wanted to act like a whore, I would treat her like one. So yes, I asked her to use her "charms" if I felt the men in Angela's life were worthless."

"You pimped her?!?!" Marguerite asked in shock.

"No I didn't pimp her. I just allowed her to use her apparent talents, when the need called for it."

"So you pimped her?" Marguerite reiterated.

"She was already disrespecting me by fucking the whole town. What was I supposed to do? Just let her continue?" Andreas asked defensively.

"I don't know, maybe you should have just left the bitch alone and found someone else to love. Did that thought EVER come to your mind?".

"I loved her Marguerite and she broke my heart. But see you've never had your heart broken. You don't know the pain of seeing the one you love the most continue to jab at your heart. You've FOUND the love of YOUR life." Andreas replied condescendingly.

"Are you serious. I have known more heartbreak then you could imagine. Do you know how hard it was to get to where I am with Ian? I've been lied to, abused and cheated on. You name it, I've been through it when it came to men. But instead of going on a killing rampage; I left those assholes alone and found love SOMEWHERE ELSE."

"Well that's easier said then done Marguerite." Andreas replied.

"BULLSHIT Andreas. You could have left that bitch if you wanted to."

"Sometimes its not that easy Marguerite." Sr chimed in from behind.

Marguerite turned to her father, "Are you serious Daddy? Are you really going to sit here and justify MURDER?!?!?

"Oh Marguerite stop being so damn judgemental. None of us eally know the situation. Whether this was done out of hurt or loyalty to his sister, what's done is done. Now we deal with it.

Marguerite looked at everyone's grim yet determined gazes. She shook her head in shocked amazement,

"I can't believe this. I really can't. Andreas kills someone and no one finds fault. This really can't be happening" Marguerite replied.

"Marguerite, you have to understand something. When it comes to protecting your family, nothing should stand in your way. And when something comes in and causes pain to anyone in the family; you get rid of it." Sr responded.

"You sound like you're talking from experience Dad. Are you?" Marguerite asked.

"I'm just saying that I know what Andreas is feeling right now."

"And what's that? Because its sure as hell aint remorse."

"How do you know what I'm feeling Marguerite?" Andreas chimed in.

Marguerite whipped around to Andreas and replied,

"Andreas you can't be serious. You killed Sherice weeks ago and haven't changed a step in your stride. So no honey, I don't believe you have any remorse for what you did. And then you all have the gall to just sit here and accept the fact that we have a murderer in our family....."

"Hey wait a minute."

"Now hold on Marguerite."

"That's uncalled for."

Everyone responded collectively. Marguerite put her hand up to halt their comments,

"NO!!!! I don't want to hear it. Andreas has sat here and confessed to killing the girl that just yesterday the police were trying to say Angela killed. Angela just got shot because of this same girl. Do you even care?"

"Of course I care. She's my sister. I did this for her." Andreas replied.

"Oh Andreas please. You just said that you were pissed at her for fucking around on you; so you killed the bitch. "

"I was tired of her hurting my sister as well. You don't know how hard its been for her when it came to Sherise. And you know why you don't know Marguerite because you were never there. You were so busy stuck in your own damn pride that you didn't even think to care about what Angela was going through with that conniving slut."Andreas accused.

"Well Andreas if you knew so much why didn't you help Angela instead of hurting her more by contiuing to fuck the enemy. Huh?" Marguerite reponded.

"This is getting us nowhere." Maurice intercepted.

Andreas and Marguerite turned to Maurice. He stood up, walked around and stood between Andreas and Marguerite to where they were almost in triangular formation.

"What happened to that girl is unfortunate. Probably should've never happened..."

"Probably?!?!?" Marguerite scoffed as she folded her arms across her chest.

"BUT it has happened." Maurice continued. "We can all agree that Sherice has been a thorn in our family's side for awhile now. I would never wish ill will on anyone but I won't lie and say that I'm not glad that she's gone."

"So let me get this straight, not only are you justifying murder but you are also gratifying the murderer. I see. Ok, then." Marguerite turned to her husband and replied,

"I'm ready to go. Let's go."

Ian nodded, went to his wife, stood beside her and took her hand. Marguerite turned to Andreas and replied,

"I Love you. More than myself. What you did was wrong and I will never understand or approve of it. It should have never gotten this far. I will never give you up or betray, but I can't be around you, any of you for awhile. Please understand that."

She looked at Maurice and replied, "I don't know how much of this you are involved in and I don't care. Your quickness to justify and accept this atrocity worries and dissapoints me. I love you but I can't be apart of this."

Marguerite went to my bedside, bent down and kissed my forehead and whispered "I love you." She looked up at Shane and replied,

"Please take care of her. She needs you now more then she's ever needed anyone. "

"I will." Shane promised.

Marguerite turned to our parents last and scornfully looked at them, " You two started this." She accused. She pointed at our father, "I don't know why you're here, hell I don't know why you left in the first place. If I could guess, I would say it has something to do with Charleston Harper. But it doesn't matter. You two have done more harm then good for this family. And I'm done with both of you.

Marguerite took her husband's hand and left out the hospital room.

The room fell silent. Momma was the first to talk,

"So what do we do now?"

Sr looked at his wife and sons and replied,

"We move on. There is a lot of things that still need to be revealed. But before they're to be revealed, your mother and I have some pressing issues we need to take care of. It will not take long. Will you two meet us back at the house? There, we will tell you everything."

The two brothers looked at each other and then their parents. Maurice answered for the both of them,

"In light of everything that's happened we almost have no choice but to trust you. But if it proves to be our downfall, I will take you out myself. And this time you won't come back.". Maurice replied.

"I don't take well to threats Son." Sr replied.

"Good, because that wasn't a threat. It was a stone cold fact." Maurice responded.

Maurice turned his attention back to Andreas and replied,

"I need to get out of here. You ready?"

Andreas nodded, stood up and went to my bedside. He leaned down, put his forehead to mine for a few moments, bent further down and kissed my cheek. He whispered to my cheek,

"If you can hear me, know that I love you. And everything I did , I did it because of that one fact."

I wanted to cry; but I knew I couldn't while Andreas still thought that I was under medicine. Maurice came over kissed my forehead, touched my chin and left out the door with Andreas in tow.

As soon as my brothers left my parents turned their attention to Shane.

"You love my daughter, I can see that. I know you think that you're doing what's in her best interest, but we're her parents. We've known her longer and we know for sure what's best for her." Mother replied.

"I know that you're her parents but in light of recent events you have to understand why I disagree." Shane replied.

"We don't want to fight you about this son. We just want to take our daughter home and care for her." Sr replied.

"I have no interest in fighting you either Sir. But if I have to, I will. The safety of your daughter is my number one priority. I will do whatever I have to, to make sure that she's safe." Shane replied determindly.

"But for how long?" Mother asked.

"As long as it takes." Shane replied.

Momma and Shane glared at each other with equally determined expressions. Both wanted the same thing but wanted it on their own terms. Mother was the first to look away. She turned to her husband, looked into his eyes and said,

"I think its time we left don't you?"

Sr nodded at his wife and replied,

"Yes I do."

Mama turned to Shane and replied,

"I hope you enjoy these moments that you've spent with my daughter because they will be your last."

Shane didn't respond. Momma took Daddy's hand and left out the front door. Shane watched them walk down the hallway. Once they we're out of ear range, he turned around to my still form and said,

"They're gone."

I slowly opened my eyes and looked at him. Shane smiled and walked to my bedside. He put his hand on my cheek. I leaned into I his hand to feel his entire caress. He took the control and slowly maneuvered it to where I was sitting straight up. He bent down amd kissed me lightly on the lips. I returned the kiss the best I could. He raised up and replied,

"I'm glad to have you back my love."

"It's good to be back." I replied softly.

"So tell me, how much do you know?"

I cleared my throat and replied,

"Well, I may have just lost my sister, AGAIN, my father, whom I thought was dead is not as dead as he proclaimed to be and my brother who was secretly about to marry the one person I hate the most is the one who actually killed her. Does that sum it up pretty much?" I asked.

"Yea, but there's more you don't know. But before I tell you about it, I have a question to ask you?"

"Ok. What is it?" I asked.

"Will you marry me? Tonight?"

Copyright© August 2011

BBW Love 8369

12