All Comments on 'Life as a Bogan'

by Cromagnonman

Sort by:
  • 12 Comments
Sid0604Sid0604over 9 years ago
Thank you...

I thoroughly enjoyed reading your story. Thank you.

abboncabboncover 9 years ago
Definitely Australian!

Love your work, a great display of Oz culcha, donchathink?

Trouble is, it's very close to the truth!

Nick

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
10 years ago

10 years ago my daughter called me a bogan. After reading this story, I now know who a bogan is. It is certainly not me. I have all of my own teeth!

AJPhynnAJPhynnover 9 years ago
Always Enjoy your stories...

Please keep them coming...

Sidney43Sidney43over 9 years ago

If it was not for the peculiar vocabulary found in the land down under, these people could be good citizens anywhere. Well anywhere that has a well organized welfare culture, which is most anywhere these days.

Fun read as usual and I appreciate the new terms (new to me) Bogans and Housos. I will use them when appropriate while watching our stolen flat screen telly just to confuse my sheila.

bruce22bruce22over 9 years ago
Your Stories have a special flavor

The bogan I met before was a evil magical creature, a step down from a Pagan god

in some fantasy stories by Glenn Cook. I wonder if he has any Australian moments in his file. Interesting apresentation of the world of state housing.

MajorRewriteMajorRewriteover 9 years ago
I didn't like the happy ending

Because I wanted more stories about Dazza, Shazza and Bazza. They were funny.

Tw0Cr0wsTw0Cr0wsover 9 years ago
good story but

Unless it is an electric car the only motors in it are the ones for the fan/heat/AC and the windshield wipers.

The thing that powers it down the road is called an engine.

AnticsAnticsover 9 years ago
A great sense of place.

Beautifully painted scene of this segment of society. Well done

tazz317tazz317over 9 years ago
A CLOCKWORK ORANGE

revisited by a cousins journey. TK U MLJ LV NV

AnonymousAnonymousabout 9 years ago
Ending wouldn't happen.

Nicely done, but it needs to be pointed out that only a minority of public housing tenants are like that, and not all that are like that are in public housing. One of the worst things about living in public housing is that it is stigmatised, and this can make it hard for public tenants to find jobs etc. even though they may be as good as anybody else.

I doudt that Miranda could have got into Uni from that background. How would she have been able to study enough in that household to get a good TER (Tertiary Entrance Score? especially as she was spending so much time working at Maccas. Education has become pretty unequal in Australia, with the poorer State schools badly underfunded. By the way "Matriculation" is a term not used these days in NSW.

Still an amusing story, but not to be taken as reality.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 8 years ago
LOVED IT

You have to agree that was funny! Go the ANZACS Got to love our BRO'S across the ditch! Keep up the good work. Got to love my own country! Hey want to buy a Near New Prime Minister? Nah Just pulin ya chain.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userCromagnonman@Cromagnonman
I'm a pretty normal average male, chronologically well over 18 but psychologically I'm not so sure. I have been writing as a hobby for many years and now that I have time on my hands I am looking to become more professional at it. I enjoy reading, morning walks along the river...

SIMILAR Stories

The Mountain 
4.89
1.5k
379
Wood Nymph 
4.84
1.1k
281
Pennies 
4.8
355
134
8 Mile 
4.83
540
175
More Stories