All Comments on 'Life as a New Hire Ch. 36'

by FinalStand

Sort by:
  • 43 Comments
AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
Happy new year

Thank you thank you thank you. Felt a bit like a bridge, to be honest. But still great. On to chapter 37!

For FinalStand: in a comment in Ch. 35 you mentioned another 400000 word novel you had written. Is that anywhere on literotica or some other site that we could buy/read? I'm a big fan and want to read more of your work.

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
THIS STORY IS BECOMING CRAP!!!!!!!!!!!

END THIS SHIT OF A STORY!!! WHY DON'T YOU FINISH OTHER STORIES YOU HAVE WRITTEN THAT WAS WAY MORE INTERESTING, AND BETTER WRITTEN BY YOU??? eg: CHRISTIAN SEX COLLLEGE, WHAT MY BROTHER LEFT ME,A LIFE NO MY OWN??????? MAYBE YOU SHOULD CHANGE YOUR BI-POLAR PILL'S??? YOUR CURRENT PILLS MAKE'S YOUR WRITING STUFF SHIT!!!!

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
Keep up the good work!

I must totally disagree with anonymous who cannot work the caps lock (below).

I appreciate all of the different element of this story and look forward to each new chapter.

Life doesn't work at the same fast and furious pace all the time. After the drama in the last couple of chapters it is right that the participants should draw breath a little. This chapter does contain many of the elements I love in this series - the wordplay, humour, development of relationships and world building.

I hope you will not be discouraged by nay sayers, and continue the top class unfolding of your story.

cliuincliuinover 9 years ago
WONDERFUL WORK !

With this chapter you show again a new face of Cael . Alal is wrong , he can't win , Cael don't know the word Give Up . Is a word in the Romanian Army : " you must do this, you can't we help you , you don't know we teach you , you don;t want we force you " .This is valid for interaction with Cael , everybody who came in contact with him slowly is on his side , just the stupid ones who piss against the wind don't .

For Anonymous number 2 : you stupid moron, no one put a gun to your head to read FinalStand's stories . If you are so good why you don't write stories , ooh sorry I forget , you don't have the balls , not even to use an user name on this site .

You see this is me , Nemes Mihail aka Cliuin , I live in Transylvania, Romania . Maybe my grammar isn't the best , or my knowledge of English, but this isn't the mater . If you don't like a story you don't make rude comments , it's simple you don't read .

PaksdmPaksdmover 9 years ago
I sense...

frustration out there from some who are finding the waters to be deep - swim harder!

SilverSilhouetteSilverSilhouetteover 9 years ago

Mechanizing the inner working of a character play by play emotions and thoughts is one of the hardest things to do....especially when it comes with intellectual, action-based, or erotic scripts....

FinalStand incorporates all 3 and never loses perspective on both grand scales and just little pieces of information that may be less significant but binds us to the characters more....

Despite any undeserved negative comments or reviews FinalStand might get....I have never read something mediocre or anything less than above average from him. They are entitled to their opinions....but 1 thing is certain...just like me....they WILL be waiting on the edge of their seats for the next chapter....despite their disgruntled facade ;P

Once again, thank you FinalStand for a wonderful read and i'll be awaiting the next chapter! Forgive me for paraphrasing Aya, but i'll say "Best Author Ever!!!" XD

ddealddealover 9 years ago

I think if u wrote textbooks I'd read and like them... Another aweslome chapter tnx

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
Addicted

I must say this is one of the most addictive writings i've come across on this site, i need to check the site daily just to see if there is a new chapter. I do know ill miss this series and return to reread it several times after it's finished.

Over_RedOver_Redover 9 years ago
UHAUL

I swear you made it "Unit L" just so you could create that acronym. Laughed my ass off.

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
Thanks again!

another wonderful chapter read and now th waiting begins again for the next. Put the story together and I'll buy the book!

tiger_prodigytiger_prodigyover 9 years ago
Excellent

A wonderful peace of writing. Keep it up

redlion75redlion75over 9 years ago

has she ever actually agreed that he could have his amazons liasons?you know for future house ishara leaders?we all know buffy and rachel are both waiting for the baby making and odette will never be happy with another male lover.

FinalStandFinalStandover 9 years agoAuthor
What has Hana agreed to?

Hana hasn't agreed to anything, yet. Through mainly Buffy's efforts, she's been made aware of Cáel's predilections and obligations. As of the end of this chapter, she is aware that Cáel is willing to try and make their relationship more than a thing of convenience. The 'boy' is both passionate, compassionate and a bit immature. She now knows Cáel will try to make her happy because he wishes to, not because he feel sorry for the situation he's placed her in. Hana has NOT agreed to polygamy. What will the future hold? Well, we shouldn't forget that certain women think Cáel belongs to them and see Hana as an obstacle.

AmmononAmmononover 9 years ago
Hana and Cael

Hana is going to fight for Cael. She did her best to stare down Alal O'Shea showing she will not wilt under preasure. She is a realist. I don't think she is thinking Cael is going to be monogamistic. Not yet at least. She will stake her claim and tell her rivals she won't give up. She knows about all of Cael's infidelity's. Cael is up front about that, even as he does it. Hana see's Cael as someone that could become a lifemate so she is going to put some effort into him.

Great Chapter FS.

Pappy7Pappy7over 9 years ago
As always, exemplary writing,

and a very well thought out storyline. I don't understand some of the comments about your writing starting to fall off. I have read stuff by you that includes themes that I would never consider reading about or condone. So, if you write something I don't like, I don't read it. Seems like the thing to do. I refuse to blame the writer if I don't like the subject. I choose to read or not to read. You have enough variety to satisfy most people. Okay, enough said.

I am looking forward to your next offering, if it is in this storyline or one of your other "worlds". Keep up the good work.

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
One glaring Mistake

FS, you are usually very well informed about an astonishing wide variety of facts and trivia but this time you made a major mistake so I had to deduct 1 star (Ok, and because you cut it like a Hollywood movie at the end of the chapter ;)). I suggest you at least look this up at Wikipedia: "The Sleepwalkers: How Europe Went to War in 1914" by Christopher Clark.

An important thing to consider is that the Germans' basic plan for a potential war hinged on a fast mobilization to crush France before Russia could enter the fight. The Germans' initial offensive was only stopped after a few divisions were withdrawn and sent to eastern Prussia to counter the Russian incursion. So the outbreak of the war occurred immediately after mobilization, there was hardly a phase of "phony war" as usual.

Germany only joined the war at the side of their Austrian allies who were incredibly irate about the murder of their crown prince. The Serbian terrorist group who executed the assassination had ties with and support from France. If there was a group of people who really wanted the war it was the French who harbored a grudge from the war of 1870/71. The Tsar thought that he could distract the peasants with an external threat. It is said that joining the war in continental Europe was the single worst mistake of any British government in the 20th century because this led to the loss of the Empire.

Putting the blame singularly on the Kaiser's shoulders is one of the many mistakes of the treaty of Versailles. Unfortunately in the 1960s and 1970s almost all historians accepted this verdict. Today the waters are quite muddled by various interest groups, but investigating the propaganda which preceded the USA's entry into WW1 yields very interesting clues, too.

FinalStandFinalStandover 9 years agoAuthor
WW I and the Kaiser

I based my WWI assessment primarily on the book "The Guns of August". In there, the only one not terrified by the 'mobilization' fever - the belief that if A mobilizes then B has to mobilize then C must...and so on was the Kaiser. He was of the opinion that his army could defeat anyone else's army and that the English wouldn't become involved. He viewed his familial relations with the English Crown to be safety enough without taking into account the relationship between the British Crown and Parliament. Austria-Hungry first asked for the assurance from the Kaiser that if AH went to war with Serbia and Russia went to war with AH, Germany would go to war with Russia. The Prussian military was horrified by Kaiser Wilhelm II cavalier response in the positive to the Franz-Joseph, Emperor of AH plea. They were not prepared for a war on both fronts. Upon confirmation of that diplomatic statement, the AH Foreign Minster went on vacation, knowing that he'd started the ball rolling toward the Apocalypse. Franz-J knew that his empire was falling to pieces and couldn't stand the trial. Tsar Nicholas II gave a nod to the Serbians and only later was told that Germans would intervene so the Russian govt. went running to the French, who agreed to support the Russian's promise to Serbia. Italy bailed on its alliance with the AH and Germans. France then immediately called up the English and asked for help, because the German Army was bigger as was the German Navy. Had the English not intervened, it would have been German ships blockading French Channel and Bay of Biscay ports. The English didn't want a war but couldn't get anyone to stop mobilizing and were faced with the probability of a major German victory which suggested an even greater naval German warship production program which the British couldn't compete with. The British Navy was committed to naval dominance and the British Empire would be at terrible risk without it. The French people were ready to fight and the French flocked to their units with great elan. Politically, the French leadership was much more pessimistic about their own chances and the strength of the Russian Army. When the "nobody" Japanese battered the Russians in 1905 in Manchuria, the French became terribly concerned. At the core of all this, the Serbians agreed to all the AH demands except for the one that allowed the AH army to occupy their country which was actually quite reasonable and demonstrated that they didn't want a war either. Yes, the people of every nation rallied to their standards and went off to war in high spirits ~ because they didn't know any better. The British proved this by fielding a large, totally volunteer army in the first two years of the war. Everyone else used conscription. I didn't mean to give the impression that Germany wasn't responsible for WWI. I meant the only leader who could have done something and refused to because he thought he'd win was the Kaiser. For the rest, a political paralysis set in.

The_Crazy_OneThe_Crazy_Oneover 9 years ago

As much as I would like to see the whole Cáel and Hana thing to work out, I doubt it will. Cáel is still too much of a playboy and can't stay with one woman for any length of time. Hana on the other hand isn't going to like being part of the rotation. Don't get me wrong from the way I read this she wants to take Cáel out for a test drive, but once the I dos are said she will want Cáel to herself and I just don't see that lasting.

Still this is a very well researched story and look forward to more.

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
Yaay!

Chapter 36 is here... I was too excited that i missed many important connections. Rereading...

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
Do NOT listen to propaganda

but do a little research. Members of the French and Serbian government supported the terrorists who killed Franz-Ferdinand and this is a direct quote from wikipedia: "Serbia decreed general mobilization on the 25th and at night, declared that they accept all the terms of the ultimatum, except the one claiming that Austrian investigators visit the country." There was no demand for an invasion but for access of police. Due to the involvement of the Serbian government themselves they could not allow any independent investigation. The mobilization of Serbia caused the reaction of Austria-Hungary. The German "Auswärtige Amt" (= Dep. of State) pushed massively for a peaceful resolution. The Kaiser did not want the war but rather sent urgent messages to his cousin the King of England to help mediate the conflict. The English suggestions were accepted by the Kaiser but rejected by all other interested parties (Austria-Hungary, Serbia, France and Russia). One could conclude that the Germans were loyal to their friends but also rather dumb while Austria-Hungary, France and Russia were too self-confident (read: arrogant) and had to rely on their respective allies to help them out. When the Russians mobilized on July 31st, Germany was forced to react due to the general strategic situation and mobilized the following day. The question of war guilt is still being discussed with a lot of controversy but Europe has recognized the truth that this gigantic failure is not an orphan but had many fathers. The Kaiser could have prevented the war but it would have cost him his allies and any (self-) respect. You could claim with the same logic that the modern western world does not need Arabian oil or that Russia and China do not need food imports. There is an alternative to breathing, but I hope that neither of us will go down that path for a long time because I feel deep respect for you and wish you well. I want you to keep on writing, too, just don't repeat the lies of those who want to manipulate us. ;)

FinalStandFinalStandover 9 years agoAuthor
Thank you DNLTTP

I love history (as anyone who reads my tales can attest). From what I've read, the Serbians did their own internal investigation and discovered the link between "The Black Hand" (the ultra-nationalist group that consisted both military officers and pro-Serbian intellectuals) and the murder of the Arch-Duke. The Serbian Military told the French Military. The Serbian govt. was operating in good faith initially. AH wanted to run their investigation with their investigators, supported by their troops, to hunt down the responsible parties. Since some of those were in the Serbian Military, the Serbs knew that would go badly. The Serbs mobilizing was pretty doomed to happen. Belgrade, their capital, was on the south bank of the Danube. AH was on the north bank. Their northern and western borders were exposed to AH attack. In the same pattern, once the Russians began mobilizing, the German Army HAD to mobilize as their main war plan had them defeating France rapidly then turning on the Russians. From my research, World War I was started by a group of roughly 20 individual Serbians acting without their government's consent. That is why in this fiction, I felt fine handing that burden over to the 9 Clans/Black Hand faction. By killing the heir to the AH throne and blaming it on the Serbians, they crippled the British Empire...

retread2retread2over 9 years ago
Hana and Cael

FS great chapter can't wait for next chapter to come online.

I think Hana and Cael have a future if Hana can separate Cael's work relationships from his home life. Cael had a four year relationship/love affair with his first love. His other affairs were practise and itch release. He rates very high for loyalty.

Riverwolf0222Riverwolf0222over 9 years ago
Just finished

Just finished my third reread, and I have to say. I am now wondering what has happened to Odette. I mean seriously her confrontation at dinner with Alal and especially Saku. Her definition of honor to Saku sounds, to me at least, like it could have come straight out Ishara's Bible(if there is/was such a book). Anyway, Thank you FS for continuing this great story line, and for taking the time when you knew it was not right to write. May you all yours be well.

FinalStandFinalStandover 9 years agoAuthor
Riverwolf0222 - Odette

Odette is living the dream and writing checks her body can't cash. That being said, if you go back to her second 'date' with Cael, her adaptability is evident. Roll forward to her dealing with Oneida plus Slayer of Testicles One and Two. Then there is our introduction to Delilah. Odette sensed something was wrong yet risked herself for Cael. Odette has nearly boundless enthusiasm and courage. Add that to the fact she can't truly comprehend the danger Alal represents and hopefully her actions in 36 make more sense. In Cael's morally grey world, Odette is one of the few, uncomplicated, upbeat, decent people he knows. He needs her and she knows it.

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
thanks

nicely done FS, this story rocks. Please keep up t h e good work.

You have me checking every morning for new chapters.

NutRanchNutRanchover 9 years ago
Get a Clue Anonymous

Since FS is providing a FREE service to us by allowing us to read his work, have the decency to Feel Free to not provide a comment if you don't have constructive criticism to offer.

FS has used quite a few ideas from readers in the past and most likely will continue to do so in the future.

While I too would love to see some of his other stories completed and or expanded, His writing what HE wants is understandable and HIS decision to make. He even spells out on his Member page why he writes the way he does.

Do what YOU want to do FS.

End of Counter Rant

G1breelG1breelover 9 years ago
Preach it, Nutranch!

I continue to be impressed by the way FS keeps all the swirling chaos coherent.

The comments discussion about the origins of 30 years of war in Europe (let's not pretend there was a real peace between WW I & II), is just a bonus.

Keep writing, FS. There's lots of us eagerly waiting to read!

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
question

Are you going to write anymore chapters of Christian college sex comedy it was one of my favorite stories just wondering if your going to continue it.

RedRhythmicSerpentRedRhythmicSerpentover 9 years ago
Christian college sex comedy

is over, in my mind. They have graduated and were preparing to go on a cross country motorcycle adventure. Was a great story and just petered out at the end because it was - at the end. Just my 2 cents....

Eagerly awaiting Ch. 37 of Life as a New Hire!

FknRaFknRaover 9 years ago
Yup, totally hooked.

This is simply one of the most entertaining stories I've read in months. I check a couple categories daily and this is always on my read on sight list. the dialogue and character development are simply amazing.

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
Ch 37

Just wondering if ch 37 was sent on the 9th January as planned?

FinalStandFinalStandover 9 years agoAuthor
Chapter 37 Update (Jan. 14, 2015)

Ch.37 is with both editors. One had finished it and been sent to me. My other editor is in transition (moving), so it make take them a little longer. Please have patience.

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
Amazing Writer

You Rock FS. The clues in your writing are superb... Love it. Keep rocking mate.

FinalStandFinalStandover 9 years agoAuthor
** 32 days left **

By the end of Chapter 37, there are 32 days left in the internship program. Felix is still active inside Havenstone. I have recently overcome some serious Writer's Block and began working on Chapter 38. When Chapter 37 comes back from my second editor, I'll submit it. I hope that will be in a few days.

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
The Mother I Never Knew

Please bring back The Mother I Never Knew. Those were really good!

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
No

Please continue!

Leave The Mother I never Knew and One in Ten as they are.

FinalStandFinalStandover 9 years agoAuthor
Chapter 37 Submitted (8:28 pm EST, January 19th, 2015)

Finally done at 13,472 words.. Now on to Chapter 38 currently at 1900 words...and muddling through. Over the past three weeks my life has gone to crap mentally, but I am soldiering on. As posted, 37 is background heavy. I plan 38 to be more more personal interactions.

hopelessly_otakuhopelessly_otakuover 9 years ago
Thank you

Just wanted to leave heartfelt thanks and wanted to let you know that we readers really appreciate all the effort you put into posting another installment. I hit up literotica and refresh the sci-fi and fantasy page every few hours just to see if there's another chapter or any word from you. Thanks a bunch :D

txcrackertxcrackerover 9 years ago
Excellent as always !

I have been hooked on this since the beginning so keel haul the nay sayers .

Thanks for a great series . 5stars as usual .

Thanks

tx cracker

tiger_prodigytiger_prodigyover 9 years ago
Thank You

I agree with what hopelessly_otaku says and I Hope you get better with everything you are dealing with

zorbvenkyzorbvenkyabout 9 years ago
quite a few observations but as usual brilliant

1. about women psychology you are 100% right. I agree. But cannot fathom what is it with them that makes their men compare to their father. If you exceed they hate you for being more than their father and if dont meet up they despise you. Its shit everywhere.

2. The british raj palyed hindus against the muslims and added to that was the booty the trade they offered. That's where portugese and french failed for they wanted to force the religion.

3. you might want to read the book "The Rozabal line " granted its a bit crappy but gives an insight to what happened in SE Asia.

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago
it was so gradual...

When exactly did this story stop being porn?

goodwritingfangoodwritingfanalmost 7 years ago
Hana and Alal

James,

Hana is seen chatting amicably with Alal. But it is referenced that he is in a young body right now. How did she accept the fact that he was indeed Cael's grandfather? Wouldn't she question their age difference since she is told the truth after Cael's arrival?

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userFinalStand@FinalStand
First off, I thrive on feedback; so please fire away when you get the urge. I read it all and it often brings different perspectives. The main thing making me a little unusual is that I'm bi-polar … with some serious medication on board to stay semi-normal. My other character...

READ MORE OF THIS SERIES