Life Under the Sea Ch. 05

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
jlynann
jlynann
81 Followers

"I figured you'd be late, Lily," says Nikos. "No matter. Victoria and I haven't been waiting too long. We were waiting in the deep since it was rather hot above."

"I'm happy they're all here, sweetie. Welcome, everyone!" announces Victoria. She swims over and kisses everyone on the cheek. "It looks like Lily hasn't told you why she brought you up here."

"Yeah," replies Miek. "It looks like it was your idea though."

Victoria smiles. "Yes, it was. Nikos and I cordially invite you all to our wedding. It's not too often it's a surprise for anyone, especially the guests."

Immediately, stone columns rise out of the ocean around them. The structure is a gleaming silver color with polished surfaces. A circular altar appears at the far end and rises just above the water. The gold statues of the Greek gods and goddesses catch their eyes. Peering below, Jesse notices there is no floor underwater. Riley taps her on the arm and they make their way to the altar with everyone else. Nikos gets onto the altar and helps Victoria up with him. They sit face-to-face with their love permeating the water and air.

In the water around them, Varon and Lily pair up while Miek and Brynn do the same. Jesse becomes anxious when Riley brushes against her shoulder, but he offers her a smile and takes her hand in his. She cannot help but smile back. The three couples surround Nikos and Victoria.

"Lord Poseidon!" shouts Nikos. "Hear me! I humbly beg you to witness between the depth-less love myself and my beloved Victoria!"

The waves and the winds still themselves. The water around the couples and the water around the altar bubbles as if it were boiling. The gigantic form of the sea god rises out of the effervescing water and steps loudly onto the altar. He looks just as Jesse last saw him, gigantic and with a gray beard that makes him seem far younger than he probably is. To his left and right, his beautiful mermaid attendants hum hauntingly. Poseidon smiles down on them all.

"My children!" he exclaims. "What a happy day! I congratulate you both on your love. Let us hear the tender words they have to share with one another!"

Nikos and Victoria hold hands and grin giddily. The mermaid playfully winds her tail around Nikos' legs as he speaks up. "Beautiful Victoria... even now my heart overflows with love for you. The sound of your voice banishes nightmare and evokes indescribable visions of paradise. In my immortal time, I have never met anyone as passionate or as graceful as you. I, Nikos, pledge my mind and body to our happiness."

Jesse's heart melts watching tears flow down Victoria's glowing face. She is not the only one who feels this way. Varon clutches tightly onto Lily resting his head on her shoulder. Miek wipes the tears from Brynn's eyes as well as his own. Riley's arm goes around Jesse's side and pulls her closer. The heat of his body is one of the few things real to her now. By this time, everyone's attention has shifted to Victoria.

"Valiant Nikos... I find you to be the one most worthy of my love. Even in the depths of the sea, I thirst for the joy you bring me. I... I... I love you. My mind and body are yours as much as you are mine. I, Victoria, accept your love and pledge myself to our happiness."

All remains quiet as Victoria finishes. Poseidon softly pats them on the head whispering a blessing. He then disappears below the water. Nikos takes his wife into his arms and they kiss. One-by-one Lily and the rest exit the mysterious sea temple. As they swim back to Okeanos, Jesse glimpses back at the surface. She smiles and rubs Riley's back.

"You know, Riley, someday I wish I could find myself on that altar."

That night, Jesse swims to the hammock hoping for an early sleep. Upon opening the top, she finds Riley already lying there. He is wide awake and beckons her in. Jesse looks around to see if Lily or Brynn are coming into the room anytime soon. She then enters the hammock but floats right above Riley.

"Before we go to sleep," says Jesse, "I want to ask you something."

"Sure, anything."

"About last night... why did you leave? Did I upset you?"

The merman does not say a word nor does he meet her eyes. He sighs softly before looking at her. "You didn't upset me, Jesse. Far from it, actually. I enjoy the feel of your body against mine."

"But?"

"But we still don't know much about each other. The way things were going, I'm pretty sure you would have taken advantage of my... lust. And shamefully, I might have let you."

"I'm not sure what came over me back then. Too much feeling and no thinking... Trust me when I say I want to open up to you. I want to know about you so much, too. I'm very sorry. Can you give me another chance, Riley?"

He pauses, but his gaze does not leave hers. "Yes, I'll give you that chance."

Jesse hugs Riley quickly and he holds her tightly. Too late do they realize how close they are touching. Riley can feel his flesh stiffen. From the look on Jesse's face, she can feel it too. Her nipples stiffen as well. Her expression becomes the picture of worry.

"Riley, it's fine. I'm not going to take advantage of you. I just want to go to sleep and I want you to keep me warm all night, nothing more."

The next morning begins with Jesse dragging Riley with her to the open sea. Though disoriented at first, he does not raise a word of complaint. The only things he can think of are the words she said to wake him up: "I'm ready... I want to open up to you and let you in." Jesse has boundless, contagious energy that fills him with unexplained excitement. From what he can tell, she is taking him to the beach from two nights ago.

"What are we doing all the way out here?" he asks.

"I used to love spending time in the sun. It's not something I can do too often these days."

The two of them break the surface in the shallows and beach themselves on the sand. They face east with the sun shining before them. The chill of the night still lingers, but the light caressing their skin is ever-so-satisfying. Riley softly runs his fingers along Jesse's shoulder.

"What did you mean earlier about not spending much time in the sun now?"

Jesse runs her fingers through the sand. "I used to play in the sun all the time."

"I kind of got that... but go on..."

Looking him straight in the eyes, Jesse's face turns serious. "What would you say if I wasn't what you thought I was?"

"I'd probably say: 'Who are you then?'" Riley grasps her hand in his.

"Not a 'who.' More like... 'what.'"

"I don't understand what you're getting at..."

Jesse gulps. "I wasn't born a mermaid." She waits and watches the expressions on Riley's face. His beautiful eyes are wide with shock and his body has gone rigid. He takes a moment or so to regain his composure and open his mouth.

"What were you born as then?" he asks.

Her heart stutters. "A human."

To Jesse's surprise, Riley does not even put on a look of shock.

Instead, he continues on with the conversation. "I guess I shouldn't really be too surprised. You don't act too much like other mermaids. You're more shy... modest..."

"Is that such a bad thing? Even if I'm not human anymore, I'm still proud of the effect it's had on my life."

"Then, why did you hide the fact that you were human? Did you think you could hide it forever?"

"No, I didn't. The reason I kept quiet was because, for a moment, I wanted to push away that side of me. After a while, I felt empty from all that, and the people I left behind came looking for me."

"Family?"

"My parents and cousin. Mom and Dad don't know what's become of me. My cousin, Damien, knows everything and supports me. I do want to tell my parents, but after all that has happened, I think it will cause more harm. They think I'm dead. It's kind of true. The old me is gone. I've changed as much on the inside as I have on the outside."

"So what has changed about you? I'm not sure you change too quickly on the inside. I've only known you for almost a week."

"I've actually met you a few days before you remember me. You washed up unconscious on the beach on Nikos' island."

"I... I remember that... When I woke up there was no one around..."

"I was there... hiding though..."

"So you watched over me until I woke up?"

"Yeah."

"I might have been glad to have seen your face. Who knows what might have happened if any other human got to me in that state... You didn't do anything to me, did you?"

"Uh, just some touching, but nothing more. I swear! I admit I immediately fell in lust for you."

"And that's what made you decide to become a mermaid? Did you fall in 'love' with me as well?"

"No, at least, not at first. I actually was attracted to the lifestyle I could have with someone like you. Over the past few days, my love for you has really deepened. It isn't shallow lust anymore, yet it isn't pure love either. I do want to love you. I just need the time to work my feelings out. Right now, all I can tell you is that I really like you." Jesse pauses and takes a deep breath. "Can you forgive me for lying to you?"

During the entire time, Riley faces Jesse unhesitatingly. "I can always forgive you if you are open with me. Not only that, I will be open to you."

"Did I hurt you, Riley?"

"A bit, but I am glad for it. I'm getting to know about you. Even when I was left in the dark, there was something mysterious about you. Now that you've shed some light, I see that I'm still in the shallows... staring down at the depths."

Jesse takes Riley's hand. He feels his head gravitate toward her. The only thing that stops him is the cushion of her soft lips. He rolls over on top of her to take in enough warmth to which the beating sun cannot compare. Jesse shivers under Riley's touch so firm and soft. The air feels natural and alien to her bare skin, but he banishes all discomfort from her body. For a single instant in time, Jesse feels his heart. The only way she can describe it is that his heart reminds her of a wild storm, strong and untamed like the seas of his home. The problems and insecurities of a few minutes ago seem so insignificant. And suddenly, Jesse is pulled back into reality.

Riley holds himself above her with his hands planted firmly in the sand at her sides. Jesse has her tail securely wrapped around him, but she is hungry for more of his touch. Even thoughts of his taste have a pull on her. His lips are sweet like warm honey. However, it is Riley's heart that has her enthralled, a net from which she never wants to escape. Maybe this is what she felt that day on the beach.

The water back in the village of Okeanos has gone oddly cold. A few hardy folk make their way through otherwise deserted shops and marketplaces. Lily looks out longingly through the portalway of her home. Cool water is flowing in, but it is not as bad as outside. Varon is safe at his place, and behind Lily are Brynn and Miek, who lament being restricted inside. To pass time, the two lazily toss knots of seaweed at each other.

"Where are those guys?" sighs Lily.

"Riley and Jesse?" asks Brynn. "Probably out being boring somewhere..."

Lily turns around. "You realize something could happen between those two? If you and Miek weren't off in your own ocean every other minute. you'd see those two really like each other."

"Seriously?" replies Brynn skeptically. "If he's looking for some tail, I'm sure he can do better than her."

"You know Riley better than that," warns Lily.

"Yeah, but it's hard to see those two together. We barely know her!"

"I think Jesse has some issues to get through, but after that... I see a good future for her and Riley."

"I think it would be good if they got it on," adds Miek. "They'd be more fun, that's for sure. Don't get me wrong. Your brother's awesome the way he is."

"I didn't know you cared," says Lily, messing with the hair on his head.

"I don't like to talk about that stuff in front of the guys," replies Miek.

"Believe it or not, Miek," says Lily, "but all three of you guys are pretty soft aside from that tough merman act you put on. It's kinda cute."

"There's no fooling you two, is there?" wonders Miek, a slight blush appearing on his face.

Lily shakes her head while Brynn adds a "Nope."

Brynn whips a last knot of seaweed before swimming to her sister's side. "You think those two will get serious?"

"Of that, I have no doubt," replies Lily.

Brynn clings to her and looks out at the seemingly empty village. "I hope those two are safe."

Meanwhile at the surface, Jesse and Riley attack one another with lustful glee. Riley's hands move up and down her body leaving a feeling of fire to smolder on her skin. The flames of his lips melt her very heart. Jesse can hardly believe someone so hot to the touch can be a being of water. The best she can do against his overpowering desire is let her own skin sate its need for a merman's touch. Any moan or groan from her only invigorates his movements.

"Wait! Wait..." says Jesse suddenly.

Riley takes a second to catch on before freezing. He looks up at her almost hurt. "What's wrong? Did I do something?"

"No... no... I actually just remembered I have to meet someone this morning."

Riley looks downtrodden. "I- I... guess I'll see you later, then." He pecks her on the cheek and begins sliding himself down to the water.

"Don't go, Riley," pleads Jesse. She throws herself into his arms. "This is someone I really want you to meet. Please come with me."

Both of them dive in and swim towards the island with Nikos' hut. Since there are no fishing ships in the area, they swim at the surface with a clear view of the beach. Riley sees a dot on the shore from far away.

"That's him," assures Jesse.

As they get closer, the dot becomes a full-fledged human, sitting on the sand. Riley feels somewhat the same vibe from him as from Jesse. When the human notices their presence, he gets up and stands in the surf. Jesse swims to his side and puts an arm around him. The human gets a peck on the cheek, prompting a hint of jealousy in Riley's heart. She calls Riley to swim closer.

He swims up to the same height as the human. Face-to-face, Riley can see a bit of Jesse in him.

Jesse introduces them. "Riley, this is my cousin, Damien. Damien, this is my boyfriend, Riley."

Damien is the first to hold out his hand, which Riley quickly takes. "I heard much about you from Jesse. It's nice to meet you, Riley."

Riley looks to Jesse confused, but she just nods at him. He sighs. "I'm glad to meet you as well, Damien."

Jesse puts her arms around Riley and snuggles up against his side. "This is the one I love."

Damien pats her on the back. He continues to gaze at Riley while Jesse holds her lover close. "I hope so much for you two."

Riley takes Damien by the shoulder. "I'll take care of Jesse. I love her as much as she loves me."

Jesse looks up with her face pure red. On Damien's face, the faintest glimmer of a smile comes and goes. He swiftly turns his head at the sound of voices from behind him. Jesse can feel the presence of her parents just beyond the beach.

"I have to go," says Damien. "The boat to the mainland leaves in less than an hour."

He bends down and kisses Jesse on the cheek and shakes Riley's hand. He whispers to them. "One day... I'll be back."

Riley and Jesse instantly submerge as two figures make their way onto the beach. For a brief second, Jesse pokes her head out in hopes that they are her parents. They end up just being random tourists. She sees Damien walking back as she dips below the surface again., with Riley close by her side.

On their way back to Okeanos, Jesse swims onto Riley's back and holds him as tightly as ever. The feel of his smooth, firm skin never gets old. While he does the swimming, one of her hands reaches his front. She flicks and teases one of his nipples stiff. Deciding his upper half has received enough attention, that same hand drifts down and traces the underside of Riley's manhood, prompting a stuttered moan from him.

"If it's gonna... be like this," groans Riley, "then I hope you open up to me... every day..."

"Don't worry about that!" purrs Jesse. Every time she makes a sudden move, Riley spasms off course. He utters no complaints, so she has no reason to stop.

Jesse keeps her hands to herself when they arrive home. Her home. The two of them are greeted by Brynn who hugs her brother affectionately but when she turns to Jesse, she just gives her half a smile. In the deepest part of her mind, something tells Jesse that it is forced.

"Do you mind if I hang with you guys?" asks Brynn sweetly.

"Oh, uh, sure," replies Riley. "Where are Miek and Lily? I thought they were here."

"Lily is taking a nap, but Miek went home not too long ago."

Riley sits on the sponge couch. Jesse moves right next to him but Brynn swims up and plops herself down right between the couple. Jesse and Riley are pushed to the side a bit. Brynn reels them back in by putting her arms around their shoulders.

"What were you guys up to?" she asks.

Riley looks awkwardly at Jesse. "Nothing really. We just got back from the beach."

"That's right," adds Jesse.

"You guys sure have been getting along great lately," says Brynn, offhandedly. "Did I miss something?"

Riley pats his sister on the head. "After a few days, the two of us just started to open up to one another."

"Oh?" asks Brynn. "Then did something... special happen?" She brings her face close to his and waits for a response.

Jesse reddens and folds her hands protectively over her lap, but Riley answers without the hint of a blush. "I learned how much Jesse would go through for love. That alone is very special."

The two mermaids go quiet and give him pensive looks. Riley leans in and kisses Brynn on the cheek. "Thanks for worrying about me. Now if you'll excuse me..." He kisses Jesse fleetingly on the lips. "...I need to go check on Lily." Riley swims over to the bedroom.

Brynn and Jesse continue sitting in silence. Riley's words echo in both their heads. Warmth fills Jesse's heart to overflowing. She puts her hand over her chest to feel its beating. Brynn quickly leans on her with a chin on her shoulder.

"So... what did you guys really do? I can tell you're hiding something from me. Don't get me wrong; I don't think you are lying. It just feels like there is something more to what my brother said. Is that true?"

"What we talked about is what you might call 'private.' Maybe later, but I promise I'll tell you."

For the first time, Jesse sees a real smile on the mermaid's face. Brynn leans closer. "You... truly love him. Don't you?"

"Yes, I do. Is that a bad thing for you?"

"No.... No. I'm glad he finally has someone." Brynn flicks her hair back. "How about we hang out tomorrow?"

"What? Seriously? That would be great," says Jesse graciously.

Just then, Riley returns from the bedroom. "Did I interrupt something? You two look like you're having a lot of fun."

Brynn gets off the couch. "Of course we are. We're getting along great!"

"I'm glad to hear that," replies her brother, "but do you mind if I borrow Jesse for tonight? I want to take her out to the coral beds."

A sharp glint shines in Brynn's eye. "I see... Of course I don't mind. Are you two going right now?"

"Too soon. Besides, I wouldn't want to leave you alone," says Riley. "I heard you missed me so much while I was gone."

"Sh-shut up," says Brynn, blushing. "I know you sometimes can't take care of yourself and that makes me worry."

Riley floats over to Jesse's side. "I usually can, but when I can't, I have you and Lily." He puts an arm around Jesse's waist. "With Jesse here, I feel I have everyone I could possibly need already in my life."

Jesse's heart warms up even more as she curls her tail lovingly around his. A kiss on her cheek rouses her emotions. It is only for a second but she has to stop herself from reaching at him awkwardly. Still, to feel him all around her only seems right.

jlynann
jlynann
81 Followers