Life's Little Curves Ch. 04

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

"Really?" he asked. He was having fun, but he wasn't so sure that she had been having fun.

"We never really spend time together alone. I mean occasionally we'll watch a movie, but with me working it seems like we never have time."

"Actually what I was thinking in the next few weeks you wouldn't have to be working as much. With us having another income, as well with it being pretty sizeable you can take less shifts at the hospital. This means we can have more time to do more stuff together."

"I would like having more time to spend together."

Just wanting to be close to her, Vince wrapped his arms around her shoulder. The fact that Neveah snuggled up into him made it even better. They walked comfortably along the shore for quite some time, until Vince's phone started to ring.

"Damn," Vince looked down at the caller I.D. seeing that it was Tyler. "Shit. baby, It's Tyler. I told him this morning we had plans today so it must be awfully important if he's calling."

"It's fine," she sighed having a feeling that answering was going to put an end to all their fun.

"Hey Tyler... Actually Neveah and I are just hanging out at the beach... Sure I can be there in about thirty minutes. Just let me take Neveah home and change into something more appropriate... Alrighty," he ended the call. "I'm sorry that we have to end everything but I guess the deal for tomorrow got pushed up to today. So, Tyler has to be in L.A. tonight and he wants me to go with him."

"That's fine."

She hugged him tighter. She wanted so much to tell him to stay, but who knew how much money he would make tonight going with Tyler.

They drove home in silence. The pleasant mood between them had been killed the second he answered the phone. She sat on the bed watching him dress. He pulled the tag off a new pair of dark wash jeans that had obviously been bought for his first day. He grabbed a clean white v neck out his drawer and pulled it over his muscular frame. Then finally he grabbed the light grey blazer that fit him perfectly.

Neveah crawled off the bed to fix his caller. "You look absolutely scrumptious," the teasing smile on her lips didn't reach her eyes.

In her eyes Vince saw nothing but sadness and worry.

"You don't have to worry about me, "he whispered.

"In my head I know that worrying isn't going to help, but my heart begs to differ."

"I promise you I will somehow make this up to you--," the horn of someone's car was belting outside, seconds later Vince's phone was ringing. "I guess this must be a really big deal if he came to come get me. Why don't you walk me to the door so I can make sure you lock it?"

She only nodded her head. She looked so sad, if only he had enough time to stay and make her feel better. Neveah stood at the door watching Vince hop in front passenger seat next to Tyler. Tyler smiled and waved as they peeled away from the driveway.

"Sorry about your little date. How did it go?" Tyler turned down the music. He didn't need it to entertain him with Vince in the car.

"We worked out this morning, went to Lookout Beach. First we had a picnic on the park area, and then we walked on the beach for a little bit."

"You guys have always done stuff like that. Why don't you guys ever go to a restaurant or somewhere nice? You know what? I'm going to do something for you guys. Next week I'm going out with this hot little piece I met at a party a few weeks ago. I think her name was Stephanie, something like that. Anyway, I know you guys don't get out much so you guys can join us."

"I'm not sure that's a good idea. Neveah's been really health conscious lately and doesn't really like to eat out but a few places."

"Hm. Well, there this new Japanese restaurant opening up downtown. It would be a piece of cake for me to get reservation, the owner owes me a favor," he winked. "To make it even better I will invite Matt. I'm sure all six of us would have a good time."

"That sounds like a plan. I'm sure I could get Neveah to agree to that."

"After this deal tonight you'll see what it means to eat like kings."

*

*

*

Neveah laid on the couch worrying about the things Tyler would make Vince do. She just hoped the things they got into weren't that bad. Needing to keep her hand and her mind better she decided to make something.

During Vince's first tour she had taken up baking in his absence; it had unfortunately added to her weight gain in those few years. Now that she knew how to manage her body it only served as a hobby when she was exceedingly emotional.

Not even baked goods could keep her mind from wandering. She decided to call Christina, her best friend. She hoped that talking to her would finally put her mind at rest.

"Stina?" Neveah asked as the ringing stopped.

"Hey Neveah. How are you doing tonight, love?"

Christina was forever calling everyone love, or well everyone except for Tyler. He was someone they both disliked greatly.

"I'm doing okay. Just doing a little baking, waiting for Vince to come home."

"Mark told me that Tyler had finally got his claws in him. I'm sorry; I know the last thing you wanted was for him to resort to hanging with Tyler on a daily basis."

"We have no other option. Vince said this could solve all our problems but I'm not so sure anymore."

"I can see where he's coming from financial wise. In my opinion though wouldn't that create more problems between the two of you?"

"When we talked about it today he made it seemed as if it wouldn't affect us at all, that only good could come from him working with Tyler. Then in the middle of our date, even though his first day is tomorrow, Tyler calls saying that he needs Vince and whisks him off to L.A."

Thinking about how well their day was going only for Tyler to interrupt it made Neveah want to scream.

"Sorry to be the one to tell you, but -"

Christina's sentence was cut off by a wave a giggles. Away from the phone Neveah could hear her telling Mark to stop. When he didn't, Neveah heard the loud slap against skin. There was some rustling then Christina came back on the line.

"Sorry about that girl. Mark does not know when to stop--,"

Christina shrieked into the phone. "Nene save me. He won't stop tickling me. Nene heeeeeeeeeeelp me,"

You could hear the phone shifting around as they moved and fought for the phone.

"I'm sorry, but Chris cannot come to the phone right now. I think she'll have to get back to you on your way to work," the whole time Neveah could hear Christina moaning and giggling on the other side of the phone.

Now Neveah was completely alone. Her husband off doing God knows what, and she had to listen to her best friend get the attention she craved. She grabbed the black bottom cheesecake out of the fridge and a clean spoon out the cupboard. Her bed and whatever rom-comedy was calling her name.

*

*

*

It was three in the morning and Vince felt like falling out on the sidewalk as he hopped out of Tyler's ride. The deal had went well; Tyler served as the middleman in most of the deals. He knew tons and tons of people who dealt in a large variety of things, but Tyler did what he could to keep his hands clean. Vince just wanted to forget the night's activities, make it to his bed, and spend the rest of his morning cuddled up to Neveah.

There was no life down stairs, but he could smell chocolate in the air as he walked upstairs to hear quiet voices. At the top of the stairs he could see the blue glow from the television. On further examination he could see Neveah's back turned to him, her hair tossed everywhere, and what looked like a half-eaten dessert with a spoon in the tray at the foot of the bed.

He was surprised seeing the baked good at the foot of the bed considering how much she watched what she ate. He must have pissed her off a lot if she not only took the time to bake but devour over half of the large size pan.

Vince grabbed the food, napkins and other crap she had laying on the edge of the bed and placed it on the dresser. He stripped out of his clothes leaving them beside the bed, and climbed in behind her body.

Neveah stirred as his arms wrapped their way around her waist. She wanted so badly to mad at him, their date was ruined, she had ate hundreds of carbs and sugar in her momentary depression, and she had lost sleep in her waiting up for him.

"You actually made it home before it was time for me to go to work," her voice sarcastic as it could be though groggy with sleep.

"I made sure that I would be home before you got up for work."

She slowly pulled out of his arms not wanting him to think she was just okay with the events of yesterday.

"Sweetheart, you know I didn't plan for things to happen the way they did?" She still laid curled on her side ignoring him. His hands once again reached out for her, but she slid from her grasp. "Please, princess don't be upset with me. I don't know how long I could go with you being upset with me," he tried to roll her on her back so he could get her to look at him.

"Stop," she hit him with her arms until he let go of her. "I've already lost hours of sleep. You need to stop and just let me go to sleep."

"No, you listen," he wrestled around with her arm until he pinned her wrist down to the bed beneath him. "I know how much you want to be mad at me, to scream and rant at me for things that are out of my control. I know that you hate I had to leave when we were having a moment. I know you don't want me to do this. I already know all of this, but I'm doing this for us, because we need it," he looked into her teary eyes knowing that he addressed everything she was worrying about.

"I just want you to have faith in me that this could work, and that there could be many benefits for us, from this," his hands left her wrist to caress her cheek and hopefully soothe her fears. "Do you get that," he searched her eyes for some sort answer.

"Fine," she sighed knowing that he wouldn't let her sleep until she finally gave him an answer. "I'm definitely not happy about this. You already know how I feel about the issues. The only reason I'm letting it go now, is because I need sleep, and you're not up to changing your mind. So, as I said this is a temporary agreement-"

"I can live with temporary," a smile graced his face as he leaned in for a kiss. "I don't plan on doing anything stupid anytime soon. So, there is no need for you to worry about me."

"Well, now I'm going to sleep, "she rolled out of his arms and back to her side of the bed.

He scooted behind her body his hand barely touching her hip. "I know that you are probably highly annoyed with me, but I just feel like I need to hold you."

Despite feeling as if she shouldn't she grabbed his hand and let his arm slide into his place right over hip. "Most of the time I can't sleep without you," she rested her body back against his chest.

"I know. Why don't you go back to sleep? You only have a few more hours."

A glance at the clock confirmed his statement. She let her body relax against his and it wasn't long before she was falling asleep again.

*

*

*

I hope you all enjoyed, please rate and/ or leave a comment.

12