Little Dove

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

I made Mr. X a proposition.

"If you will loan me Socks for a year I will make you a duplicate of your secretary desk but with a caveat.

He will be my project and if I can't train him the desk is free. However if I do train him you agree to pay double."

Satisfied with our arrangement we shook hands.

At the year's end Mr. X lost our gentleman's bet.

I offered to take Socrates instead of the money.

We parted on good terms and I made two lifelong friends that day.

After our walk together I made two ham & cheese omelets with whole wheat toast and sliced tomatoes.

Socrates got his omelet on top of his dried dog food in his bowl on the floor.

Then I sat at the kitchen table and we ate our supper together as we generally do every night.

I talked to him as I generally do especially when I am upset or angry.

"I know you must think I'm insane but I can't get her out of my mind.

What a project Laura could be, much like Pygmalion was to Galatea.

Laura could lose weight with exercise and diet.

Under my direction and care Laura would grow out her hair.

I hope it is brown.... a rich dark brown that would set off her beautiful green eyes.

Do you think Laura would consent to grow her hair long for me?

I would love to see it waist length.

Don't look at me like that, Socrates.

I know what you are thinking.... all right I admit it.

I want to get into her pants.

But I can offer her things her mother can't.

Do you believe in love at first sight... how about epiphanies?

If I forced Laura away from her mother would she stay with me?

In ancient times men simply took women by force.

They often made them their slaves.

Of course I'm not interested in Laura being a slave, how can you think that?

Nevertheless, in many cases they fell in love with them and then married them.

If I could just get her away from her mother's sick influence it would change her life for the better.

I would love to have one year with her....just one year.

Do you think that is enough time?

If nothing else Laura would learn to be independent of her mother.

If things didn't work out I would allow her to leave with money to start a new life.

One hundred thousand should be enough don't you think?"

Yes, I know I'm taking one hell of a chance.

I may have to leave the country to escape prosecution but in the end money wise I will be fine.

It's just that Laura just feels so right for me."

I tried to read myself to sleep.... I could not get Laura out of my mind.

Socrates woke me up in the middle of the night and he was standing next to the mirror, barking. I got out of bed and stood next to him and that seemed to calm him.

The glass was forming into a glowing pearly white fog. Tendrils of the fog were escaping and swirling around the oval of the frame and then the stand.

Fascinated I stood watching. I was unable to tear my eyes away.

After a time the glowing tendrils slowly retreated back into the glass of the mirror and the fog was staring to dissipate.

The frame and stand were now free of old paint and varnish and the wood was a rich dark black walnut.

I recognized the leaves and flowering blossoms to be from the apple tree.

Without the layers old paint and varnish covering them the birds were recognizable as doves.

Socrates was lying down now and wagging his tail.... waiting.

Then the fog in the mirror was completely gone.

I could see the outline of a woman in the glass facing away from me.

It was if I was looking live into another world....another dimension.

The woman was breathtakingly beautiful and she was wearing a white chiton over her trim graceful figure.

Her dark brown hair twisted into a simple chignon at the back of her neck.

This lovely creature was standing on a virgin beach of pure white sand.

The pristine sand was sprinkled with various seashells.

The magnificent vibrant colors of the seashells were just too beautiful to describe except to say.... gems from the deep.

The waves were lapping at the beautiful woman's feet.

The warm, primal Aegean Sea sparkled with the sunlight on the water gracing this beautiful nymph within the mirror.

She knew that I was watching her.

I don't know how, I just did. Just as I knew that her eyes were green without actually seeing them.

Aphrodite's handmaiden reached up and removed the bronze broach holding the garment in place.

This allowed her simple garment to drop to the wet sand.

Caressed by the waves her garment was dissolving into the foam from whence this beautiful nymph came.

The woman's naked form was a delight to my eyes. The once breathtaking scenery was now banal in comparison to this beautiful creature.

She reached up and removed the hairpins from her chignon.

The beautiful nymph shook her head letting her brown hair spill down her shoulders and back in brown waves to her slim waist and she turned to face me.

My Laura was smiling as her arms reached out to me through the mirror and two doves were her cupped in her hands..............

I sat up bed with Laura's transformation now indelibly engraved in my conscious mind.

It was early morning and the new sun was peeking through the tree line.

Socrates was sitting at the window looking out. His wagging tail was thumping on the wood floor.

I looked around the room for Laura? It was just a dream. The mirror was still in the cargo van.

I got out of bed and walked to the window.

"What are you looking at Socrates?" I asked, and then I saw.

There was a mating pair of mourning doves on the windowsill looking at us through the glass.

Hurrying to the telephoned I called the Sheriff Department and spoke with the day dispatcher.

"Good morning, this is David Ares; perhaps you can help me, Sir?"

I asked, politely.

"Certainly Mr. Ares, how may I be of service?"

"Has the Old Creek Road opened for traffic yet?

I was driving home last night and it was flooded over the banks at the four corners.

I had to take a roundabout way home on the Ridge Road."

"Mr. Ares, you must be mistaken."

The dispatcher explained patiently.

"I live on the Old Creek Road just before the Four Corners.

I can assure you that it did not flood. "Will there be anything else, Sir?"

"No, I have to go."

I replied abruptly while hanging up the telephone as the implications were finally sinking in.

I dressed and then Socrates and I drove out to the Four Corners.

We both got out of the truck to look around. As always he found something interesting to smell and then rolled in it.

Other then the ground being wet from Friday's rain there was no evidence of the road or surrounding fields having flooded.

Damn it, I did not imagine it! I did not dream that the road was flooded and I am not dreaming now.

But I have to believe my own eyes.... my own senses.

I have always been a logical man.... but an epiphany?

Yet in my heart of hearts I knew that Laura and I were destined for each other.

An epiphany is the only logical explanation.

I would follow my heart and take help where I find it.

It took me 3 weeks to remove all of the old layers of paint, varnish and grime.

I personally transported the glass to be stripped, polished and to have a new silver nitrate backing applied while I waited.

I then brought the mirror glass back to my workshop to carefully fit it in the restored frame.

I had replaced the original damaged mirror back with light colored apple wood.

I carved a wreath of myrtle around the circumference of the oval of the new back.

I also carved two hares in the center placing the hares into a bed narcissus.

The hares (rabbits) and narcissus (daffodils), as well as the myrtle were attributed to hold a special meaning to Aphrodite the Goddess of Love and Beauty in the mythology/religion of the ancient Greeks.

They were also in character with the theme of the mirror.

If I could accept an epiphany why take chances, it couldn't hurt to make points.

The light colored apple wood was a pleasing contrast to the rich dark black walnut of the front with its carvings of doves, leaves and apple tree blossoms.

I placed my restored mirror in my bedroom exactly where I saw it in my dream.

Then I stood back to admire the mirror... something was missing.

I went down to my basement, opened my floor safe.

I then removed a red large silk pouch folded in three and brought it upstairs.

I unfolded the pouch and removed the rope contained within. I then hung it on the left spindle of the mirrors stand.

Satisfied, I lay down on the bed to admire the mirror and Socrates joined me.

I fondly recalled how I had acquired that precious rope.

Shortly after purchasing my home I discovered an object wrapped in an oily piece of canvas hidden in one of the attic rafters

It was the intact blade of a Japanese sword and was possibly a World War II trophy brought to the States by the previous owner.

It was in outstanding condition.

The previous was mature enough not to go about chopping inappropriate objects with it.

He also had the foresight to heavily coat the blade with bearing grease.

The handle (Tsuka), blade collar (Habaki), guard (Tsuba) and pommel (Kashira) were missing. Later that day after finding the blade I was driving home from town and returning with my groceries.

I passed a car that was broken down with steam coming out from under the hood.

The stranded occupants were older Japanese gentlemen and his daughter and I stopped to help them.

Their rental car's serpentine belt broke causing it to overheat.

I offered them a ride into the town to arrange for another rental car.

Apparently for some unexplained reason there was no cell phone reception.

According to Mr. Saito's daughter they were visiting her aunt, his older sister who was living in the area.

Before they broke down they were driving to New York City to catch a plane back home.

I assumed that Mr. Saito did not speak or understand English as his daughter did all the talking.

I casually mentioned the sword blade that I had found earlier.

When his daughter translated my discovery about the sword Mr. Saito lost his quiet reserve and became quite excited.

I turned my truck around and took them home and then I brought the sword blade out to show him.

He examined it while his daughter explained to me how important these taken war trophies were to the Japanese people as they were considered national treasures.

They then spoke back-and-forth in Japanese.

Turning to me she said

"My father says the sword blade is very old.

It is obvious to him you respect and honor tradition and you have shown us great kindness and hospitality.

The antique furniture that graces your home is a testament to your character.

But my father asks a favor. He would like to purchase your blade and then return it to Japan.

A Master Sword Smith will restore this treasure. It will then be donated to the Tokyo National Museum and be put on display for all to enjoy."

"You and your father are a guest in my house, Miss Saito.

Please tell your father that I would be honored if he would accept the sword as a gift."

I walked over to her father and he stood to meet me and then we both bowed in the Eastern fashion.

Presenting it to him in with both hands, I handed the sword blade to Mr. Saito.

Smiling, he accepted my gift and then thanked me in impeccable English.

Excited with the gift he old rascal admitted to taking advantage of my wrong assumption.

He then shook my hand vigorously in the Western fashion and was grinning from ear to ear............

Approximately one month after their visit I received a telephone call from an armored car service.

In my business this is not at all unusual. I made an appointment for them to deliver a package originating from Japan.

On the appointed hour an armored car pulled into my driveway.

Two armed guards exited with one of them carrying a small bamboo box.

Socrates came out to greet them and was wagging his tail, something that was most out of character for him.

I signed for it and carried into the house with Socrates at my heels and then locked the door behind me.

Inside the box was a red silk pouch folded in three.

Inside the red pouch was my precious rope. It was 42 inches in length and consisted of 10 mm (3/8") hand-selected white South Sea pearls.

Enclosed were a note from Mr. Saito & his daughter inviting me to visit them at their home?

The note, well actually it was a very nice letter explained that Mr. Saito was a pearl merchant.

The pearls were a gift to my future wife.

While I was working on the mirror I was planning Laura's abduction.

As soon as my bathroom project was complete I would make my move.

In the mean time someone who is very good at finding out information owed me a favor.

I had her quietly and discretely gather information on Laura and her mother.

The investigator's written report was very thorough and the copies of provided documentation all inclusive.

Because of this I decided that the direct approach would be best.

I would use bad weather and darkness to my advantage.

Laura and her mother lived in a small two-bedroom ranch two miles from the convenience store on the Rose Rd.

It was close enough for Laura to walk to work since Laura didn't have a driver's license.

Her mother Candice drove a late model pink Cadillac with vanity plates spelling out her name, "Candy".

The only days that Laura was alone at home were in the evening on Wednesday and Sunday.

I chose a cold and blustery Wednesday in February when her mother was working at the store.

I attached two bogus magnetic signs on to one of my Jeep four-by-four that advertised for a local pizzeria where they frequently ordered.

It was snowing hard when I pulled into the driveway.

Although the driveway was recently shoveled it was quickly filling with blowing and drifting snow.

The weather report called for 10 to 16 inches of snow by morning.

The Sheriff Department had issued a road advisory for no unnecessary travel.

I walked up to the front porch and noticed the porch light was on.

There was no cover on the light fixture.

I simply turned the bulb until the light went out and then I rang the doorbell.

I was wearing a Navy Pea Coat with the collar up.

I had a black watch cap on my head and a black wool scarf wrapped around my face with only my eyes were showing.

My blue jeans tucked into my green insulated rubber boots

When Laura answered the door I was holding four empty pizza boxes.

"You must be freezing, please come in." Laura offered.

I scraped my feet on the doormat to rid them of the snow and stepped in closing the door behind me.

Laura was wearing an ankle length cornflower blue fleece robe over cream flannel pajamas and red wool cork-sole clogs on her feet.

"I'm sorry you had to drive all the way out here in this weather.

But there must be a mix-up.

I didn't order four pizzas! Are you sure you have the right address?"

Dropping the empty boxes I took her arm and made her sit on the couch.

Then I then handcuffed her hands behind her back.

Standing behind her I then took off my long wool scarf and wrapped it twice around her eyes and tied it behind her head.

Laura became very still and quiet.

I sat down next to her and stroked her poor abused hair.

Laura smelled like vanilla shampoo.... ivory soap.... and peppermint toothpaste.

At first I said nothing... making her wait for answers to her questions.

I then put my hand between her shoulders and spoke very quietly to her.

"You know who I am little dove.... you have been waiting for me for a very long time.

I may be your only chance to be free of your mother's yoke.

Can you cast it off alone?

Do you still wish to remain here, Laura?

Will you remain your mother's imperfect clone in appearance only?

And when your mother passes her lonely barren prodigy!

Our fates are intertwined if only a short time. Look into your heart Laura... you know what I say is true.

I will not allow your mother to trample on your soul from this moment forward.

One way or another you will be leaving with me and how you leave is entirely up to you.

You can walk out on your own volition or be trussed and carried out."

My little dove appeared surprisingly calm.

Laura shifted to get comfortable and didn't move away from my hand.

"If I agree to go, will you promise never to hit me or belittle me, David Ares?"

At first I was taken aback, how did she know it was I?

I was sure my disguise was more than adequate. What Laura saw of my face, she only saw briefly.

"I promise never to strike you in anger, Laura.

I promise never to use profanity in your presence or verbally abuse you.

I give you my word on this, little dove."

"Then I will give you my word as well.

I will go willingly, David.

If I am to trust you, you must to trust me.

I trust you David.

I know you are a man of your word although I don't know how I know... I just do.

However, you are a man and men have needs. I don't know if I am ready for you but I will try.

If you are patient and will give me a chance I will try to be a pleasant companion."

I removed Laura's handcuffs and blindfold as there was no longer any point in them.

My identity was known and I accepted the risks and consequences determined to follow my heart.

Laura went immediately to her tiny bedroom.

She removed a green knapsack from her bedroom closet and placed it on her bed.

She took off her fleece robe and carefully folded it before putting it into the knapsack along with her clogs.

She put on a frayed and faded brown sweatshirt with a yellow lab embroidered on it over her pajama top.

Then she put blue jeans over her pajama bottoms, put on wool socks on and then scuffed white sneakers followed by black rubber stretch boots over the sneakers.

Laura added under garments and socks to the knapsack, a pair of jeans and then a hooded sweatshirt.

Laura packed no other clothing but placed her wallet in the zippered side pocket.

The last item that Laura took was a silver locket on a chain hidden under a loose floor board in her closet.

The locket was in the shape of a scallop shell and appeared to be quite old and very detailed and finely crafted.

Laura fastened the chain with the locket around her neck and put it under her pajama top and sweatshirt.

Laura dressed and packed quickly and efficiently and there were no wasted motions or hesitation.

It was if Laura knew that I would be arriving and had planned ahead of time.

Picking up her knapsack, Laura turned to face me.

The serious look that she gave me told me everything I needed to know.

Laura was ready to leave...now.

"Where is your winter coat, Laura?"

"It's in my mother's car.

There is nothing more I want out of this house or from her."

She announced defiantly.

"I understand completely. However you will put this on and you will not argue with me."

I took off my coat and helped her into it. Then I took the knapsack from her and carried it out to the bogus pizza delivery vehicle and helped her in.

The weather had turned from bad to worse since I had arrived.

The roads were officially closed now and a full travel ban was in effect.

It took an extra half hour to get home.

During the drive we did not speak.

Both of us kept to our thoughts.

I kept wondering how she knew it was I.

When we got home I got out first, opened her door and then helped her out.