Longwood First Hunt Day 05-06

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

"Dan why are you so close?" Silvia giggles as she moves up on my other side.

"Because you may pass out, the undertaker was very serious about this. He told us to help you do everything and when we rode to stay close enough to catch you." I look at Dan and sigh.

"Janet you were shot the Apache are worried about you, you had to get help to get on your horse." Silvia says getting me to look at her and feel a little dizzy.

"I need my Balik, I need to hold my child and sing to him." I look down at the back of my horses head.

"Silvia we have biscuits for Janet to eat, don't we??" Dan asks next to me, I sigh not willing to look away from my horse.

A sandwich appears in front of my eyes, I groan it's the fritter sandwich. It shakes in front of me I groan a second time then take the sandwich. Nobody says anything while I eat, perhaps halfway through the sandwich a cup of coffee appears. With the sandwich finished coffee clutched in both hands I feel faint, steadying myself with one hand to the saddle horn I look at Dan.

"Dan, hold me."

Dan doesn't even ask just reaches over with both hands picks me up and settles me on his horse. I get a neigh of surprise, not sure which horse protests the change. I settle against Dan and end up looking at Elizabeth she looks over and looks worried.

"Janet, you don't look so good, are you feeling well?"

"I've been shot, riding a horse and walking a little way wore me out, and I have to be held. How do you think I feel?" Dan chuckles against me.

I relax against Dan enjoying the feel of the horse under me walking along. Dan holds me close and I sigh enjoying feeling him like this, sharing a horse or not this is very nice.

"Janet this is why you always insist on a roll after a shoot out isn't it?" I look up at Dan and sigh.

"Yes Dan, most of the rolls I demanded over the years have been to be held after. I always thought you knew and wanted the roll for yourself." Dan chuckles then laughs bouncing me around a little.

"I always liked the holding after best. You still owe me a roll when we get back, after the doc says your fine." I giggle and nod.

We ride on I don't think I get any shut eye. It seems like no time and an eternity before the sky starts to lighten. Dan moves me around so I can watch without craning my neck. I sigh watching the sky lighten then turn colors, orange, red, and blue. The sun rising is blinding and beautiful I lean against Dan and feel happy to be able to watch this sunrise. Once the sun is in the sky we make out the shapes of our town, it is not far.

Dan puts me back on my horse and we proceed at a fast trot. I watch the town getting closer the rhythmic motion of my horse making it hard to stay upright. I think Dan talks to me, my ears do not work right I can't piece together what he is saying. The sun high in the sky we reach town and my hold on awake slips away.

When my eyes open again I am attracted to the sound of a baby feeding. Bonita is sitting in a chair at the foot of the bed. She looks up and smiles at me, a noise from Balik gets my attention. I get up slowly and go to him, looking around I realize I am in my room and not wearing anything. Bonita giggles when I pick up Balik and hurry back to the bed embarrassed.

"Are you feeling better?" I look over at Bonita and smile as I get Balik in position.

"I have my Balik back to me. I hope that is all I need, I best speak with chief I find it hard to walk about armed." Bonita sighs and nods.

"Dan told me, he shares your fears I will tell him go get chief and Mohin. After we name my daughter, Chad was saying Janet I did not think you would want that." I sigh and lean a little farther back happy to have my Balik to feed again.

"I think Sashi would be better, my mother's name." Bonita smiles at me.

"Yes I like that name. Once she finishes feeding I will go yell at Dan." I smile back and start singing to Balik.

Bonita and I sing to our babies as they feed, Bonita is burping her daughter and I am switching sides with Balik when Dan comes in. He looks around covers his eyes and comes over to me. He climbs on the bed with me leans over to give me a kiss then sits looking at me.

"Janet are you up to seeing the chief and Mohin?" I nod at Dan.

Dan gets up and goes back out the door then returns with chief and Mohin. A moment later Mr. Gladstone knocks and comes in, he turns pink and averts his eyes making me laugh.

"Mr. Gladstone was there something you wished to see me for?" He sighs and comes closer with a medical satchel in his hand.

"I did not mean to interrupt I wished to see your wound and check on the bandaging."

"Go ahead if you think it best you check it I am not going to argue." Mr. Gladstone smiles at me and sets the satchel on my legs.

He pulls out a few metal things I don't recognize and goes about undoing the wrap on me. Chief and Mohin move closer to watch, a thought comes to me and I giggle.

"Chief I shall tell your wife you watched me feed Balik." Chief sighs and looks elsewhere, Mohin chuckles.

"Janet, Dan said you wished to speak with us, he did not specify why. We've heard the stories from the men that went with you." Mohin trails off there I look up at him expecting something more and get nothing.

"We are not encouraging this, most of the tribes agree with their assessment of you. Dan would not say what you wished to speak on, just that you needed our opinion." The chief says looking a little uncomfortable standing there with me without clothes.

"This is not simple, it is said I have a warriors spirit. I disagree I want to care for Dan and leave shoot outs behind me, Dan wishes me to go with him. I seem to have a problem with hunting men, right now there is nothing wrong, put a gun on Mr. Gladstone here and give me one and I will wish to shoot him. Not because he has done wrong, just because he has a gun." Mr. Gladstone stops moving and just looks at me until I pat his hand.

"Janet, that makes you the reluctant warrior. You wish to fight and do not let yourself. This is not wrong, it is what every tribe wishes to have many of." Mohin says with a smile.

"I am supposed to see every man with a revolver or rifle as someone to shoot?" Chief nods looking a little more comfortable, Bonita has put her shirt on.

"It is something all warriors must face the white man corrupts it, gunslingers wander the land shooting each other because they must prove they are better. It is something I face myself, we are allowed a knife my warriors have fights to first blood. It is exciting to take part in, I do not often my wife would be upset if I do. Killing is not the hard part, killing only when you need is the hard part."

I slump back not knowing what to say to that, Mr. Gladstone has me sit up again. Balik has finished so I get up to burp him then put him back in his crib. The sighs from behind me are enough of a reminder that I grab up my skirt and put it on. Mr. Gladstone finishes with putting the bandage back on me then hands me my shirt.

"So I am to continue to wear my belt and try to keep myself from shooting men for no other reason than they have a gun?"

"Janet I think they are saying there is nothing wrong with you. You don't have to wear your belt until you need it. This is I think where the gunslingers went wrong they always wear a belt and look for people to shoot." Mr. Gladstone says sitting next to me on the bed.

"Doc has the right of it, even when our tribes wandered and dealt with each other in the old way our warriors did not always carry bows and tomahawks." Mohin says with a smile.

I look around at chief and Mohin and Mr. Gladstone and smile at them. Looking over at Balik I know he will be with shut eye for a while yet. I get up and go to my dresser and open the top drawer. Pulling out three dollar coins I toss one to Mohin and chief.

"I have some time for fun, let's go play poker." Chief and Mohin smile, Mr. Gladstone sighs then gets up producing a dollar of his own.

"If we have to use the small table Janet your dealing, if I deal you three will accuse me of cheating."

Laughing we head down the stairs to find Celeste looking pained, Sally is there with her. Sally looks up at us a little worried Mr. Gladstone goes to Celeste and feels her belly. Looking around he pulls up her skirt and goes under it for a moment then comes back out to look at us.

"Well I'm not playing poker, Celeste is having her baby. Mohin would you like to help Celeste get through it?" Mohin nods and hands me the dollar back, I put it back in his hand with a smile.

"Payment for helping Celeste, you were a big help when I let Balik out."

Mohin smiles at me as he helps Mr. Gladstone get Celeste up the stairs. Sally looks around then whistles telling Silvia to stay on the stairs before following them up. Chief watches them go then turns to me a curious expression on his face.

"Is Sally and Celeste?" I shake my head.

"They only like men they have been together since whoring in New York. Celeste helped Sally afford the saloon in the first place and helps her run it. Silvia if Balik starts to cry bring him to me we are going to play poker." Silvia smiles at me.

"Of course Janet, go have fun you deserve it."

We go to the bar to get the chips, Ishmael asking if we want a glass of water. Chief and I ask for milk at the same time, Ishmael laughs and goes to get us milk. When he comes back he sets them down turns to move away then comes back.

"Chief I thought your tribes were supplying milk for the saloon now." Chief smiles and nods at him.

"We are it is just so long since we have had a ready supply of milk I have to have a glass as often as I can."

We move on to the big poker table to see all but one spot filled. I wave to Stanos our dealer on the table and move to the small poker table. Bodaway is dealing here, there are two men sitting there already. Chief takes the far seat leaving me sitting between the two already here. I start when I notice Andrew is sitting here he looks over at me and chuckles.

"I get away from the store sometimes, do you really think all I do is sit in there and wait for you to come in and order licorice?" I giggle at the question.

"I always thought you were stuck there because of Marie." Andrew laughs at this.

"Oh no, Marie runs the store and does the counting. I'm just the pretty face to buy from. So Janet, Dan hasn't told us much about what happened."

The silence and shifting of chairs gets me to turn and look. Seems the entire town and most of the farms in the area are here.

"Really not all that much to tell we rode after the cell robbers to a gulch. We crept up at night over them and shot them, all but two died, they gave up. We saved the daughter of a senator in the gulch then move on to Wicker were we shot three deputies and a sheriff, they had been helping the bandits we shot in the gulch rob the town."

"How many dead?" Is the call from the back I can't see who asked.

"Twenty three died in the gulch and four in the town. I know you will ask I do not know how many I shot in the gulch I shot two deputies and knifed the third."

"Dan said you reloaded at the gulch, how many bullets go into your rifle?" Andrew asks leaning closer.

"Twelve bullets, I do not understand what that has to do with anything."

"It means you have fifteen kills on this trip." I shake my head.

"It is impossible to tell who shot dead whom in the gulch, there were seven rifles firing." Andrew shakes his head.

"Dan and Martin both agree you have fifteen. I think Martin and Dan argued over it because Martin was saying seventeen." I sigh and turn back to the table.

"Deal me in I just wanted to play poker."

I can hear everyone going back to their tables behind me as I take a drink of my milk. I sigh realizing how much you miss milk on a hunt, hard to come by when you're moving fast and light. As the cards are dealt I pick mine up and sigh again, it's a fair hand.

"Dan's hat." Chief says leaning forward a little to see me better.

"What's so funny about Dan's hat?" Andrew asks when I stop laughing so hard to catch my breath.

"When we went to speak to Mohin about if I should go back to the Cherokee reservation to have Balik." I pause to giggle and hold myself. "We spoke to Mohin and the chief, Dan took his hat off and left it on a table. A dog took it off the table and ran off with it. I really think they taught the dog to do it, it didn't run away to eat the hat it stopped and started to chew and shake the hat until Dan chases it. The dog led him on a merry chase all over, I think all of the tribes were there laughing. Finally Dan gets his hat back a little chewed on but otherwise fine." Andrew stares at me a smile creeping into his lips then laughs.

"I suppose would explain why the soldiers come in with chewed on hats so much." I giggle as we place bets and get new cards.

"I had a similar experience with our horse, I was going to plow our new field, about a week early but close enough to work. Bessy didn't seem to like the idea and took my hat off and started prancing about with it. I finally got her to stop with the harness ropes. Darn horse laughed at me for a week every time she saw my hat." Laughing I look over and his name comes to me Benjamin though he always prefers me calling him Ben, I think I can't say it right enough for him.

"Horses have the strangest humor mine is always sniffing around me looking for a treat. I never give him one and yet he always looks." Andrew chuckles next to me.

"You smell like licorice often enough he equates you with licorice, horses like licorice." I laugh at that as we put our cards down to see who won, I did.

Feeling happy about winning I put my hands up yelling about winning and rocking on my chair. I squeak when my chair keeps going backwards, I don't hit the floor instead I find myself looking up at Dan.

"Hi Dan, I won the first hand at our table." I smile up at him, he chuckles.

"That's great, can I get you to put on your leather again we got a marshal coming through, not staying but he has two prisoners and is picking up Martin to help. I want you to stay free Chad and I are going to take charge of the prisoners for a short time." I sigh and nod, then it occurs to me I can't hear the train.

"Dan the train is not near I don't hear it." I get a smile for the acceptance of putting on my belt again.

"Train will be here in about an hour, in the meantime you and I are going to go have some more vittles from Chun's folks. I already talked to him and ordered for us both, go get kitted as a deputy." He sets my chair upright, I look over at chief.

"Chief take my chips and try and make more money, I'll want a dollar back at least."

I get a nod then I head up the stairs, Silvia smiles at me as I pass her. Celeste is groaning loud around her bite leather. Shaking my head and feeling a little sorry for her I head into my room. I find my leather and belt right where they should be glad Dan had enough sense to put everything where I want I put them on. My skirt and shirt sitting on the bed I check Balik. Smiling about my son sleeping so peacefully I head for the stairs.

I'm checking the bullets in my Colts as I come down the stairs. A silence falls over the saloon making me look up, everyone is staring at me. Dan comes over with a smile and takes my arm to take me to the eatery. A few of the women on the street wave to us as we go the short way to the eatery. Dan pulls me after when I slow to wave to Bartholomew, I catch a part of a wave back then we are standing in front of the door.

Chun's dad guides us to a table in the back, mostly hidden by the plants in the window. There are two plates on the table, both on the side to put our backs to the wall. Wondering what's going on I sit next to Dan seeing out better than he can. I look over at Dan as he starts to eat, looking about nervously.

"Dan what is going on?" He looks at me a little surprised then sighs.

"Our two prisoners coming in are high risk. I'm being jumpy for no reason no one new has come in to town." I sigh and start eating. "I don't know what Martin is going to do with Gwen Silvia already said she's staying." I sigh again then kick Dan, the sweet and sour beef is really good it's not terribly sweet just a little hint of it.

"I got the picture on things already shush about it. This sweet and sour beef is misnamed it's not terribly sweet but all good." Dan smiles then holds up his fork with sweet and sour beef on it, I taste it and make a face. "You told him I don't like sweet." Dan chuckles and shakes his head.

"Chun told him, likely one of the first things she told them both was about you. I reckon it went something hi mom and dad, Janet is an incredible woman and doesn't like sweet." I giggle and kick Dan.

"Stop kicking me you pretty wife you, I need to be able to walk." I smile at Dan and get an urge of the not vittles variety.

I look over to Chun's dad, thinking I really need to remember his name and signal him to turn around. He smiles and holds up a finger, he goes into the back then returns with a very pretty wooden wall. He sets it up and I can hear him walking away whistling a strange tune that sounds familiar but has the wrong cadence. Dan is looking at me confused when I turn to him with a smile.

Dan sighs when my hands go to his pants he smiles understanding as I work them open enough to reach him. I handle him getting a rise to readiness before sinking down and giving him a little bleeding time relief. My head moving on him Dan sinks down in his chair perhaps thinking I will only do this. His eyes get wide when I pull off him and stand up to get my pants off.

We both sigh when I sit atop him it feels good to settle down. Dan opens his mouth to say something I silence him with a kiss moving atop him. I owe Dan a roll and I want to give him one now. My Colts clinking a little as I bounce on my husband I move for him, enjoying every little bit of this roll. Dan unsnaps my belt to pull it off me and drop it on the table. I don't look hoping he missed our plates as his hands work my shirt up.

I moan when he handles my bared breasts, his lips closing over them to give me pleasure. I can feel the stars coming for me fast as I move on him his lips to me. When the stars do come Dan keeps me quiet with a kiss, I keep moving on him knowing we only have so long before the train. I'm nearing a second pass through stars when I hear the train, Dan looks up at me as he hears it to.

Begging him to see stars with me I move a little faster enjoying my gentle bounce. Dan moves with me, I tense a little expecting pain then relaxing when none comes. I do feel a little uncomfortable, just shoving it aside I move on Dan wanting his warmth. I pull Dan to me his mouth fastening on one nipple as I near. I can feel Dan tensing under me and know he is near. I move just that little faster as the train gets louder, moaning his name as my stars come.

Dan groans under me pulling me to him as his warmth fills me. I lean against Dan feeling content and happy. I move above him to get all where it should be before getting off. Grabbing up my pants I slide into them giggling as I realize I still had one moccasin on my foot. Dan chuckles as he looks down adjusting his pants into a proper place. While I am getting my belt on Dan pulls my shirt back in place his hand going to the hole created by the bullet.

I shiver when I realize where it is, as close as I was to that deputy I should be dead. Then I giggle remembering his revolver, the older style with unreliable rounds. With a promise to keep our vittles warm and a big smile Chun's dad watches us go and his name comes to me, Fen. Chun had told me the first day they had reached town. Dan jogs to get to the station before the train, I go a little slower. As it turns out it is a good thing I did, there are men with rifles pointing at Dan, Martin, and a marshal I think I know.