Longwood First Hunt Day 05-06

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

I stop to look at everything, there are four men with a rifle none looking at me. The other passengers have cleared off the station or stayed on the train. I smile as I remember I have throwing knives, Dan looking at me his eyes wide shakes his head. Singing a song quietly I pull two knives. Hold one before me in my left hand I throw one drawing the second back as I recover and throw. My first knife hits the closest man in the hand holding the rifle, the second catches the farther man in the eye he turned to look at the sound the first man made.

Singing louder I pull my Colts and go around the corner into full view of the last two, they are looking uncertain. I point my Colt's at both drawing half aims from both of them. They look from me to my husband and the marshals and the two prisoners ducked down.

"Drop the rifles or be dead. Do not think your rifles will help, look at my shirt, I was shot not two days ago at four feet." I spit out at them then resume singing, their eyes get wide.

"Listen to Cherokee Janet, she reaches the end of that song and your lives won't be worth spit." Martin says getting a gasp from the train.

The two men drop their rifles and put their hands on their hats. Chad comes up behind them slipping cuffs on both. The one living man I knifed moves I turn to watch him try and run away. My one word question answered I shoot him twice walking closer to him I shoot him again. I walk back over to where Dan and Martin are standing talking to the other marshal. Chad has the two new prisoners face down on the wood.

"Janet, God I want to yell at you for doing it like that but well damn you're good." Dan says giving me a hug.

"These two are wanted at the same town I'm taking the two I had already. We need more marshals." The older marshal says I look up at him, he looks familiar but I just can't place him.

"I don't think that will be a problem." I say to him then move over to the prisoners pulling my Bowie. "Look at me, see this knife? This knife will cut you after you are staked and we will leave you for the wolves if anything happens to these marshals. I will descend upon you with one hundred bloodthirsty Apache all wishing nothing more than to get a smile from me. Promise me now or lose what you have in your pants." All four look up at me their faces white and promise.

"Well color me glad to have been refused when I asked." I look up at the marshal and giggle, I remember him now.

"There was never a chance of me leaving Dan and the brothel. I will say you were the best roll I had out of those that asked."

Chad sighs and gets the prisoners to stand. Martin and Dan help him search the two new ones to find revolvers and knives. I watch as all four men are led away by Dan, Martin and Chad. I am offered the marshal's arm, I take it and off we go to the sheriff's. I wave to our undertaker and his new assistant as they pass us to collect the bodies.

"Don't we need to take the posters out to check the dead?" I giggle and shake my head.

"They will be brought along in a minute their pockets are searched for coins and bills then brought to us. Zalman you really should settle down and sheriff it's easier." I say as we enter the sheriff's getting a guffaw out of him.

"I reckon I'm too old for that, all I get anymore is pay and transporting. I heard you finally settled down and had a child." I smile at him as he takes a seat at the desk.

"Married according to your religion as well, I gave Dan a son. I'm hoping to find a daughter coming from me soon." Dan and Chad curse getting a chuckle from Zalman.

"One of you is more than enough I warrant. Still I hope you get your daughter. Now where are those dead I want to get some vittles in me before we leave." The prisoners ask for some food, Chad looks at Dan then goes at the nod.

"Janet, take Zalman to the eatery and finish eating, doc made it clear you need to eat." I turn a little pink and offer my arm to Zalman, chuckling he stands up and takes it.

Zalman laughs when Fen shows us to the same table the wall still up. With the order in hand he exits returning after a few moments with my plate. Eyeing my plate he looks at me and grins, embarrassed I look away.

"Janet I knew you were brazen but right here?" I sigh and pick up my fork.

"I owed Dan a roll and he finally just up and called me his pretty wife. I wasn't going to run us to the saloon." At the chuckle I work intently on eating not looking up.

Dan appears finally when Fen is bringing Zalman his plate. I get a hug and a kiss as Dan sits down. Dan eyes my plate while Fen is retrieving his then finally reaches over and takes one of my sweet and sour beef. I kick him for that getting a jump out of Dan.

"I do need to be able to walk tomorrow you know. You were shooting good Janet both of those men have wanted dead posters. Martin was saying it should all go to you, we didn't shoot anyone." I shake my head.

"Split it three ways, I was in no danger of being shot."

"I'm not so sure on that part but why three ways, there were five of us." Zalman says looking confused.

"Chad is my first son Dan is the leader of our tribe increased by two now, Chad has a daughter. Dan gets everything and hands out as we need." Zalman looks lost, I look at my plate seeing I am done I look at Dan. "Share my past Dan I am going to get more licorice and check on Balik."

I see a number of women with luggage standing at the corner by the sheriff's. Reckoning that Chad and Martin already has talked to them I head in to the store to find another woman. Elan smiles at me and comes over followed by the woman.

"Janet, do you know where doc is?" I look from Elan to her and back to Elan.

"Mr. Gladstone is delivering Celeste's child unless she has finished already. Mr. Johnson as far as I know is in his office. I think the Apache whores found my licorice I suppose I should get a whole five cents worth today." Elan smiles and gets the licorice down.

"Could you show me to Mr. Gladstone? I am to be his wife now that he has found a home." The woman asks I look at her surprised.

"Mail order bride?" She looks down coloring then shakes her head.

"We grew up across the street from each other, I wanted to before he went to doctor schooling. He was dead set on waiting until after I had to make do with letters for three years." I smile at her as I pay Elan for my package of licorice.

"I will show you where he is, I was going there to begin with my son is asleep and I wanted to check on him."

She follows me out of the store Martin falls in step with us looking at the women on the corner.

"Janet how often do the men visit from the farms?" I look at Martin and slow down seeing that the women are mail order brides.

"Once a week on average, rouse Father Darren and tell him he has some brides to deliver. We have a wagon in the stable he uses, have they checked the saloon? Seemed most of the men in the area where there when I was playing poker." Martin smiles and goes speak to the women.

The women follow me and the future Mrs. Gladstone into the saloon. I direct the mail order brides to the tables before heading for the stairs to find Sally sitting there looking a little worried.

"Sally what's wrong?" Sally rushes to me and I give her a hug.

"Doc told me to get, it's a tough birth. He was reaching into her when I left, I don't know what I'm going to do if we lose Celeste." I sigh and hold her.

"Don't worry Celeste will be fine. Mohin and Mr. Gladstone know what they are doing." The woman I'm leading steps forward.

"You shouldn't worry, reaching into the mother means the child is not positioned properly. It is not a tough birth so much as the child did not position." Sally looks up at me and we both turn to her.

"How do you know this?"

"Stanford shared many of his lessons with me, this one is of importance to me I am hoping to end up with his child in less then three months." Sally looks up at me.

"Oh sorry, Sally this woman here is the future Mrs. Gladstone." Sally blinks then smiles and holds out her hand.

"Candice, if you please. I must say it is an honor to meet you both, do you know where Stanford is staying? If he is busy I should retire to his home to freshen up." Sally looks at me then giggles.

"Third floor last door on the right. He hasn't gotten enough money to get a house built and our dentist did not have a large enough bed." Candice looks a little bewildered.

"Room twenty four if you wish to go up, we are doing well enough on not being hurt he does not have much to do. Sally that reminds me is he being paid for helping Celeste and did Dan pay him for working on me?" Sally smiles and nods.

"He's getting two dollars to help Celeste, and he got four dollars for stitching you. I guess we have a good wedding present to give these two. Excuse me if you please I need to get a whore to run a message to the telegraph office." Sally heads down the steps whistling.

"I don't know if I should be alone, and I wish to ask questions of you if it is no bother." Candice says watching Sally collect a whore and head for the bar.

"No bother you can see my perfect little Balik with me, licorice?" I hold the opened package out to her she takes one looking at it.

"Is it sweet?" She looks up at me I shake my head as I lead her up the steps.

"I do not like sweet I was seven when my tribe was coaxed into sitting at a reservation. It is not often a wandering tribe would get honey in large amounts. Never for a reservation, perhaps this one the captain is talking about a bee keeper." Candice smiles at me and takes a bite of the licorice.

"I am not big on sweet myself my mother would make cakes that were all sweet. I had perhaps half of one when I was five, I felt so bad after I never wished sweet again." I smile at her as I open my door.

"When you eat at the eatery be sure and tell Fen that you want to eat like Janet. He cooks Chinese, it is strange to me, yet very good and I wish to eat there more often. One of the dishes he makes is sweet and sour beef, for me it is not very sweet and wonderful, for Dan it is sweet." We look at Balik asleep and so wonderful, Candice sighs and smiles at him.

"Oh he is so precious I hope I can give Stanford a son like him. I wish to ask if Stanford has been making acquaintance of the whores." I sigh and take my belt off.

"In a fashion perhaps, the first time I met him he wanted to examine me. Dan said he should examine all of the whores, I do not know if Sally agreed to that. I have been out of town for the last few days hunting down escaped criminals. I shall put a dress on again and we can go ask Sally, she will know for sure." Candice sighs and nods trying to not break down.

Sally is back in the chair on the steps, she looks up at us coming down. I notice that Candice's luggage is sitting there. Candice squeaks and rushes to it making Sally and I laugh.

"Sally, Candice wishes to know if Mr. Gladstone has been buying time with the whores." Sally looks up at me then Candice and shakes her head.

"He has been the perfect gentleman, he examines us but otherwise he only talks to us during breakfast and dinner. I ordered for you a very nice two story house perhaps it will serve as his office." Candice smiles big and gives us both a hug.

"Sally how much is my portion of the wedding present?" Sally snorts and laughs.

"Oh no the house is my present, you will have to figure out what to give them. No furniture mind, just a stove so I suppose everything else is up for grabs." I sigh and look at Candice.

"Dishes be good for you?" Candice smiles and nods.

"I would like the blue china, my folks have green, Stanford's folks have blue and I like the look better." I smile at her.

"Then blue china it is, I'm half tempted to make Dan buy us a house so I can have china. I suppose he would never eat my vittles, what I make and what he likes are different." Sally giggles Candice looks a little lost.

"Janet, I thought you were a whore here." I smile and nod at Candice.

"I am Balik was born a bit over a month ago I'm not ready to return to it. Dan is my husband he's the sheriff, I'm thinking stay an active deputy until Dan has a second child in me." Candice looks even more lost Sally sighs and puts her hand on my shoulder.

"Janet go see chief he said he owes you some money, he's playing poker on the big table still I think. I'll fill Candice in on your past."

I nod and head downstairs finding chief at the big table like she said. He has four good sized piles of chips working on a fifth when I sit down next to him.

"Ah Janet you took your time, I have been playing very well. I've found singing praise to both of our religions works well. I do it quietly to not annoy the players I did louder once shortly after you left. Here is your half of my winnings so far." Chief pushes over two piles of chips, about two dollars worth getting groans from around the table.

"I cheat as much as chief does." I say getting chuckles around the table.

"I think less, you don't follow our religion like chief." I shake my finger at Henderson.

We get down to poker, chief and I having a good time kicking each other. Each kick followed by a dirty Apache or Cherokee comment getting the other players to laugh. I end up with three dollars and a little change, chief just a little behind me in the chips when Ujjwala comes down with Balik. I fold getting a few cheers and collect my son before heading for the kitchen. Isaac and Amanda are busy with making evening vittles when I come in.

Setting Balik down I open my shirt and pull him to me to feed. Isaac starts singing getting a happy gurgle at my chest. I sit and listen smiling at the beauty of his song. I stay in the kitchen far longer than I originally intended, the vittles have gone out on plates and I've fed Balik again when Dan comes in. Dan sits next to me as Isaac gets up to get us plates, I put Balik in the basket blissfully asleep. Vittles are decidedly good today, fried chicken again with biscuits and taters and gravy.

"Janet we seem to have a special table at the eatery now." I look up at Dan and groan turning colors, Amanda and Isaac laugh.

"Bartholomew told us when we went to get the chicken. Seems he was dropping off some meat right in the middle of your fun." Amanda says giggling.

"Fen is leaving the screen up there for us he said he almost always has an empty table. Seemed happy to have it out there, wants to decorate the eatery in his homeland." I smile at that.

"I know the feeling, does not seem quite right with just the dream catcher in our room." Amanda smiles and leans closer.

"Sally may not let you paint her walls she never said you can't do a painting. Talk to Andrew and get paints and canvas, you can hang them on the walls." I look at Dan, he nods and smiles.

"Of course you can do that, be good for you to do something not involving shooting men. Oh and here is your take of the poker, I cashed it in for you should be enough." I put the three dollars and some pennies in my pocket.

"I may need to find a book on painting I would like to do paintings like in the brothel." Dan looks over at me and smiles bigger.

"I'd like that, I was afraid you would do the paintings like your tents. If nothing else, speak to Johnson he does the signs for us."

Isaac gets called to cut up pie Dan gets called to settle an argument. Amanda and I get to sit there watching the pie action. At least until I finish my plate, Amanda takes it from me hops up and darts off. She returns with a glass covered in whipped cream. Isaac comes over with a spoon for me both watching as I try it. I can't help but smile it is really quite good, the whipped cream is not sweet and the brown something underneath tastes very good without being just sweet.

"What is this?" I ask in between mouthfuls.

"Chocolate mousse, it is quite popular in New York and Washington, we got the recipe for it today. Elizabeth told us about it and sent a telegram to her dad when you came in to town." Amanda says smiling big, I pause to ponder if I should ask how long ago that was.

"It is very good the Apache will love it I hope it will be for sale." Isaac laughs and nods.

"Going to add it to the board tomorrow, you liking it was all Sally wanted to know. I got blackberry pie left if you want some." I smile and nod still hungry, this mousse stuff is good but not filling.

"Janet you're with child again already?" Dan asks as he and Sally come in to the kitchen and sit down.

"No this mousse is really good but not filling. Here try some." I push the glass of mousse over to Dan he takes a bite and smiles.

"This is good, could stand to be a little sweeter." I hit Dan on the arm and shake my head.

"It goes into the glass in layers we could add honey to it, we get a gallon with every other train." Amanda says getting a smile from Sally.

"Yes I like that idea, gives us two versions, the Janet version and the sweet version. Maybe add a penny to the sweet to cover the cost of the honey." Isaac laughs and points to the corner where there are two tubs of honey.

"We haven't gotten to using enough honey as it is, perhaps with the ice we can make ice creams and use honey more." Sally sighs and nods.

"Order the little jars and put them at the tables, biscuits with honey is really good and some like sweet best." Chun says in the doorway.

"Everybody has gone home?" Sally asks looking over at Chun.

"Yes we are cleaning up Chad has already come in and gone up to Bonita. I finished my part and came in for some sweet." Amanda gets up smiling and goes over to Chun.

I pick up Balik and nudge Dan while they start kissing. We go upstairs together our sleeping son letting out a sigh as we reach the top of the stairs. I am putting Balik into his crib when Dan opens my shirt again. I look down at our sleeping son and hope to give him a sister as Dan caresses me. We move to the bed my skirt falling from me.

Helping Dan out of his clothes I find he is ready, a quick feel shows I am as well. I climb on the bed pulling Dan after me, sighing as he comes to me. We move together in the soft way of the married. Neither of us in a hurry, we move against each other. I moan as I feel the stars coming Dan helping me along with his lips to my neck kissing me.

Moaning my delight in the stars Dan moves us around to get at me better. I sigh enjoying it knowing I will be sore later and not caring. I watch my husband move on me, loving him and what he is doing I moan feeling stars coming again. I seem to be mostly better now Dan looks at me with a smile. I smile back then moan again with the stars flowing through me.

Dan moves atop me with more purpose now, I giggle and hold to him. I try and move with him as much as I can. I am nearing more stars when Dan finds his stars. He groans above me and I moan his name as his warmth sends the stars to me. I hold Dan as we move to get all of him in me, rolling after when he moves to lie beside me. I curl up into my husband and feel mostly good, my shoulder hurts a little and I will be sore in the morning. I sigh and close my eyes letting it sink away to bother me tomorrow.