Longwood Sixth Hunt Day 01-03

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

"What wrong with marsh?" Dan sigh and shakes his head.

"A marsh is not good land, and I've never been in a marsh. Take us a couple days to go through the town and find the dastardly sorts anyway. There is no call for that, they have a police force like New York."

"So are we stay above the settler trail?"

"We stay above before the Mississippi and after we go below, Mississippi, Alabama, and Georgia are the areas with real problems. Georgia more than Mississippi so we will need to stay on our toes." Look down at feet then up at Dan.

"You stay on your toes, shall walk regular and keep an eye out." Dan snort and shake his head.

"That is an expression, I agree doesn't make any sense. Before we go, have you gotten help for Bonita?" Nod then shrug.

"Asked daughter if she would move in house with husband while gone. Not sure she will help cook but can mind Balik and Sashi while Bonita cook so long as husband agree can."

"I still can't believe you let our daughter whore." Roll eye and kick Dan.

"My daughter not yours, your Cherokee is terrible."

"I say more than you do speaking English." Snort and giggle since is true.

"Speak round eye more often than you speak Tsalagi."

Whole eatery is chuckling and giggling as we leave. Get go to house and collect what bring along while Dan get horse and onion. Have gotten all shall need in sitting room by the time Dan return loaded down with saddle bags. Is good he take time, am cleaning the no silver Colts when he come in. Earn me a chuckle then he is loading up the bags.

"Dan we have enough monies for the trip?" Dan look at for short spell pondering then nod.

"Took out two hundred just in case, looks to be a fairly long trip unless we don't have slaughters." Nod and finish cleaning Colts so back in belt they go then set to helping Dan.

"Dan, what was dream?" Recalled what got us up this morning to get two pig.

"It was confusing, Balik's command of English is not that good anyway but he was talking about seeing a white fella stand over me." Dan has to catch on account forget how walk for moment.

"Dan he had other dream talk about brother remember." Dan nod then look at me.

"What are you going to say?"

"Balik have visions, must tell Mohin. In proper tribe Balik would receive training to be medicine man or perhaps even our father."

"Don't you want to get him to the Cherokee reservation?" Shake head.

"Even afore reservation child like Balik would be urged to meet other tribe. He is treasure not to be hoarded to one tribe. Also no old enough so shall learn with Mohin and others in Apache tribes until later."

Dan no seem certain on but does allow run over to saloon. Tell Ekta who promise to tell Mohin then we are getting on horse to get to sheriff office. Go in to hug Balik and tell Bonita who already knew about Atmaja stay in house with. Surprised that Balik has vision regular but promise to make sure Mohin know and speak with Balik.

Then we get on way for tour. Is a little confusing and then not all in one. Can see reason for wish send additional lawmen about. Also not sure on send us, but seem whole country know of us so perhaps is proper. Still odd that send sheriff and deputy in place of marshal to start of send marshal.

"Dan did letter say why send us?"

"Not in so many words, they want us to go first to clear the way for the marshal."

"So they know we find slaughter after slaughter?" Dan sigh but no say for spell.

"I'm not sure, the path we got takes us through the problem areas. Just most of the problem isn't law matter, the south is sore about losing and many want to start up again or just plain don't like northerners."

"So marshal are not south?" Dan looks over at me and snorts.

"Not southern and yes, most of the marshals are transferred from other regions because the war was bad for the south. Many are broke and struggling, at least the ones that stayed."

"So carpetbaggers are the ones doing well?"

"Well some, many are perfectly upstanding folk, the rest though are crooks and scoundrels."

"Why stay if struggling?"

"Well that is a good question. Course they are struggling for a reason other than the land is not growing. South was full of slaves, most every farm, well they are called plantations there, had slaves. They did most of the work. Plantations are big so they needed lots of workers, freed slaves demand pay or part of the land, not all plantations are willing to do that."

"So they are trying to do land that is too big for family?" Dan nods and smiles.

"Yes, course this is not all of them, some only had a small farm to begin with. They are having problems because their sons, and in many cases husband went to war and then did not return or suffered injury. The injury means they are unable to work the land or only can do a little so the wife and daughters if any are called to do it. It is hard to do if you don't know how and then gals tend to be smaller than a fella."

"So they no hire help?"

"They try, men of an age to do farm work are in short supply, the war was deadly to a great number of people."

Fall quiet after that, is no good conversation. Lot to be upset over in that, mean if south not abuse black folk they no get in war with rest of country. Course according to what Dan say some if they no abuse black folk they no build up as well as had. Course no good think on neither so focus in on what ride by.

Ride on by coney, some pig though no need hunt pig for a good long spell with monies Dan bring. Honest with the monies Dan bring no real need hunt. This bring on another thought and question boiling on up in noggin.

"Dan, how much monies do we have?"

"I already told you that." Roll eye and shake head.

"No not what have in bag. How much monies we have in bank?" Dan is quiet a spell so look on over at.

"I'm fixin' on the recall minus what took out. Near as I can recall, if'n mind right, we have a smidgen over two thousand. Course that is not counting the jar in my dresser. Only another fifty there, left it for Chad and Bonita, wasn't sure Bartholomew would give them meat and then there are other expenses besides."

"Perhaps do up a second hotel like Benjamin got town to all in fund of a gambling hall?"

"Yeah but who would run it?"

"No sure, ask when have hotel being built. Do need have more work for town."

Just ride on a spell longer, then next town come in view. Get to just ride on through with no fuss, though slower than had been riding. Speed up then on account need get far afore stop for night. No want give birth in place no want injun and abuse black folk. Not that am close to give birth, Dan and Mr. Johnson say have another five months.

Shadows get long and finally we are stopping to set up camp. Pinto seem little upset on when stop, had neighed at good spot a mile or two back. Still we have good spot here, so rub down then get to work on make fire circle. Need collect rock then set up fire, though had to wander about to collect wood.

Dan help least, he go collect and go collect so we end up have enough wood for tonight and morning cook. Spend time collect wood ponder on what make. Finally decide on make fried tater and camp biscuit. Get to make that, then while do that have question.

"Dan they better to black folk?" Dan shake head.

"Nope, there are reports on this. Some stores make black folk go around to the back door or a second door. A few simply refuse to serve them as well, many towns have two saloons because of this. Some saloons set up two rooms, one for the white folk and another for the black."

"So will be made use black entrance?" Dan chuckle for a spell.

"Reckon if'n they try you will make them see the error of their thinking. Course we will need to follow with the law of the state as well. Probably won't like this much."

"Dan no get this." Dan sigh and shake head.

"Calm down, your English gets worse when you are upset. Honest most of the folk we run into will be perfectly wonderful. Most of the folk against black folk are in the government and we won't be running into them."

"Dan make think should declare bounty on all in government, no like ever good man to vote on." Dan has no say for a spell, am finish up fried tater and biscuits when Dan find word to say.

"Not true and is true. There are plenty of fellas in government, most are upstanding members of society. When I said there isn't a good man to vote on I meant there isn't a man I agree with." Look over at Dan as get our plates filled.

"So one man is just like the other?"

"Yeah exactly. So you can understand it better, it's a bit like Mr. Johnson is running for mayor. Another fella decide run against so they both have campaign. Say Mr. Johnson say that will enlarge the school by making up a tax on drinks. The other fella say will enlarge the school by making tax on vittle plates at the eateries." Give Dan his plate then scoot in next to, then no say on since we is both cut up meat a spell.

"So all fella in government do same thing, but different way do same thing?" Dan nods.

"Pretty much, we got two parties and both have fellas that run for a position and stress the need for more or less the same thing, but different way of getting the thing to happen. Problem is half the time the thing they swear will happen doesn't happen."

"So is like chicken with head cut off, plenty of dash about and do nothing?" Dan is laugh now, last for a spell so just eat fine vittles.

"Basically yes, though they get to decide on entire nation so is harder." Look up at Dan at that.

"Why harder? Right thing is always right."

"Well no, they decide on doing things that the majority of people won't hate. Congress is voted in by states so they try and do things the state's folk will like. President has it worse, he has to please half of the nation or is not returning for a second term." Ponder this a spell then a question comes boiling up in my noggin.

"Do black folk vote?"

"Well right now they do, course get a new president coming in year after next and he may change that. White folk in the south are not that happy with voting blacks. There are plenty of fellas going about at night killing and otherwise scaring black folk."

"Am allowed just shoot?"

"Yes Janet, if armed fellas ride up on the camp we are allowed to defend ourselves as we see fit. I'd say talk to them first but you are rather brown in color so most of those fellas would assume you are a black gal."

"Am gal though, no gal vote so why would attack?"

"Well that would be because you are a deputy and will shoot fellas. As I said many will assume you are a black gal so they will ignore you and enforcing a law means you are allowed to shoot if they don't listen."

"Perhaps should change that." Dan nod and pull against a little more.

"Yes but then there are other things to worry about first. Asides that there are usually not that many lawmen in a town. Shooting not being the second thing tried will mean there is no lawmen in a town fast."

"You mean it's not the first thing?" Dan looks at me for a short spell then is chuckling and shoves to get to cleaning up.

"Let's clean and in the bedroll, need to sleep." Actually stop cleaning plate to look at Dan.

"No roll?" Dan look at for short spell that seem longer and roll eye.

"There will be a roll, come on let's get this clean and get to the roll."

This sound good so go back to clean and have it all clean in no time. Dan help so go faster than would manage alone. Then we go to bedroll and am shiver a little when get out of tracking leather. Then under sheet and snuggle up to Dan who seem surprise on this since I was so insistent on roll.

"Janet what is wrong?" Look up at Dan.

"Seem cold, reckon am get old though still with child so no too old." Dan feel head for moment.

"Hard to tell but you seem warmer than you normally do since you caught again." Look up at Dan with frown.

"No feel sick." Dan pull up to give kiss then leave on top.

"When was the last time you were sick?" Have to ponder on that one, been a spell.

"Was four, caught smallpox with a number of tribe. Moccasin gal catch to and no survive, most gal in tribe were do moccasin until showed that can do good."

"Well we are getting older, and you are with child. You may have a cold, can ask a doc if you get worse." Nod and sigh.

"No want get worse, worse bad for babe within and want be good wife that provide with babes."

"You are a good wife second babe or not. Asides I don't reckon you will get bad enough to lose this babe. Still are there any injun tricks to keep sick at bay?" Look up and smile.

"Roll for wife." Dan snort and shake head.

"No seriously."

"Am serious, is believe that regular roll keep wife and husband fit, also provide with more babe but am with child so just keep fit."

Dan chuckle a bit then am being moved about atop husband. Feel his equipment nudging a little at my equipment so move a bit more until have pressing in. Sigh and move back so husband is buried where belong and honest all is right in land. Am content to just rise and fall a little with husband buried within for a short spell.

Then want more of husband roll so raise up a bit and bounce more. Dan is smile and watch breast bounce as am rocking atop husband. His equipment is churning insides up something proper and will be soon find star. Dan move hands up to handle breast as bounce and star just jump right on top all sudden like.

Honest am bouncing and enjoying husband bury where belong then wailing in throes of stars. Lose gumption move atop husband as well, Dan decide help by grab hip with one hand and move under along with urge to move. Other hand still on breast and is nice enough that find some gumption to move.

No enough gumption though, honest the stars drop on so sudden find hard do much of anything. Then Dan is rolling us over and moan since he come out. Husband come back though and all is right in land as he get situated atop proper then is moving. Am moving with much as can, legs try and wrap around and no quite make but get enough.

Just feel Dan churning up insides with his equipment and try to move with. Is so good to feel and want keep right on go. Dan seem agree since he just keep right on go with the move atop. Then stars fall on again and find gumption move again so do. Dan groan above on account the move is make better for us both.

Get a little lost in enjoy of husband buried where belong and both move. Stars are come up again so all is right in land. Especially when Dan bring hands to breast again so even more enjoyment. Bring stars on right quick like so am wail a bit to stars and get joined by Dan. Wail bit more at warmth put within from Dan, seem like he have plenty of warmth to put within even.

After a bit of move about Dan get off so roll right on after to snuggle. Least until Dan bid pull blanket up so do then snuggle up with wonderful handsome husband. Just lay there a bit feel good then start wonder on blanket so look up.

"Blanket?" Dan snort.

"I had you pull it up since you are cold. When a person gets sick with a cold and like they bundle up so are warm." Sigh happily then snuggle up with wonderful handsome husband and get some shut eye.

Wake on this day just a bit afore the sky starts to brighten for the sun. Head over to the fire to find that it is still going little so add wood and blow to get it going full. With good fire going stay there to warm up a bit then go get in tracking leather. Look around a bit then decide on direction and start walk.

Just go for a bit, the sun is edge over brim of earth, afore find a coney. Urge coney out into view a bit then have good sized coney. No fat with child, no little coney so bring up Winchester and shoot. Hunter cut then ponder on, no real desire have same morning vittle for supper. Reckon best go on and find second coney so can do second meal.

So go look for second coney, take a bit but do find and have second coney. Soon as hunter cut at least, no real reason call have second coney until all done up proper. Once have all done up proper until at fire head for fire with two coney hang off belt. Dan is up when get back, hand over cutting board right away so get to work on skin coney, treat the skin afore naught else then get to work on cut.

In no time have smaller coney cut up small and sit in pan while quarter other coney. Dan is already set up spit so smile at as hand over the quarter of coney. Clean off the cutting board then cut tater up small and drop in pan with coney then add bacon. This then go on cook rock to get hot, almost forget add oil but do so is cook up proper.

"What is the second coney for?"

"Shall make coney stew, get quarter and stew with biscuit. Like did when had chicken that Chun cook."

"That was good, course for that we had regular carrot."

"Shall add pea instead." Dan snort and smile.

"Sounds good, reckon can buy cheese in the next town?"

"Are you demand cheese in tortilla wrap?" Dan snort and shake head.

"It was a good taste but was thinking more along the lines of ham and cheese sandwich, or just a cheese."

"Will need buy loaf of bread if can, reckon need more butter."

"Oh true did not think of that."

Snort and start make tortilla, afore get to heat up tortilla add cut up onion. Do a bit of dance about to make sure all cook right, and have tortilla ready for the cook. Finally though have plenty tortilla cook up so wrap up and on plate for both. Give Dan his and sit next to, Dan no say anything at first just start munch on fine vittles.

"Janet why is there so much?"

"So can do tortilla wrap keep in bag for later. Am with child and must have more vittles."

"Is that why we ate at Fen's first?"

"Mostly wanted to enjoy the pig that shot." Dan snort and shake head.

"So are you going to eat three quarter of the coney tonight?" Sigh and shake head.

"Coney stew will go in tortilla on the morrow."

"That sounds good, better get cheese then." Don't get this so look at Dan for moment then understanding dawns.

"Oh make it different."

"Yes, we are not so poor that dinner is breakfast as a necessity." Take a moment to understand what Dan mean, then roll eye.

"Use stew for morning vittles so no waste." Dan snort and put arm around so shush and fall to on the vittles.

After vittles spend bit clean plate and pan then get to do tortilla wrap. End up with plenty of wrap that get put in bag careful so no open inside. No want use twine to hold shut on account of what cut free of roll is use to hold coney while still hunt. Dolly make little pocket that hang on belt to hold the cut of twine until need, have least eight go inside.

Dan bring over horse that already saddled so get bag of wrap on then leap up holding one wrap. Bag no feel right with this wrap in and no full so may as well munch on. Just ride on a spell, munch the wrap and am starting think about getting a second when spot town ahead. Look over at Dan to get snort then we speed up a bit more.

"Dan are we turn at this town?"

"Yes, fast shopping we will make it to the Mississippi in the afternoon day after tomorrow." Ponder on this a bit.

"Buy steak or bit of roast then, can skip hunt tomorrow."

"What about the day after when we do reach the Mississippi?"

"Town there on one side least, can shop for a bit of meat." Dan is silent for a spell so look over and he is look at letter sent.

"You are right there is a town there on the far side, that is the first town we are too visit officially."

"No train?"

"There is a train, town past this one, does not cross the Mississippi so out of the region we are visiting."

"So one train cross Mississippi?" Dan shake head.

"There is another train that crosses north of us, smaller company and only has four stops on this side."

"So big company do cross train?" Dan shakes his head.