All Comments on 'Looking Back'

by EmeliaBell

Sort by:
  • 7 Comments
impressiveimpressiveabout 17 years ago
Very well done!

Deserving of your "E" ~Imp

CeriseNoireCeriseNoireabout 17 years ago
Beautiful

It's simply beautiful. The emotion comes across so clearly. It just touched me in a very deep way. It was like seeing things I've felt written in the most expressive way.

mismusedmismusedabout 17 years ago
Superbly written

You're on your way, girl. Take your time, enjoy the trip. Soon enough now you'll be looking back again, and perhaps see this wonderful little piece you wrote. I'd wish you success, but I think you're already there -- just step through the door.

Peace and joy to you.

BelegonBelegonabout 17 years ago
Outstanding.

I agree with Imp, very deserving indeed. You got the depth of your emotions across, to tug at memories of thinking the same thing in your audience. Remember, they say ninety percent of our communication is not about the words. So when you can take that ten percent and make others feel your love, make others nostalgic? That's when you answer questions for yourself that you may have asked others.

Nice work.

curiositykittencuriositykittenabout 17 years ago
Well written & enjoyable reflection

You took me back some years with this! How lovely it would be to onve again visit (though only briefly)some of those treasured moments! I truly enjoyed your comfortable, well-written style - bringing the reader along with you! I look forward to perusing your other stories! And to your return to this type of reflection after more time passes!

jomarjomarabout 17 years ago
Excellent

Very moving.

LiquidPearlLiquidPearlover 16 years ago
I Remember

When I was in my mid-twenties, I went thru a phase of nostalgia. I was very depressed and surrounded myself with things that brought back memories of my childhood. Music, movies, clothes, mostly from the 80's, the decade that encompassed the most formulative years of my childhood (from 7-17 years old). I think its something that all people in their mid-twenties go thru, perhaps in some sub-conscious, last-ditch effort to avoid acknowleging their adulthood. As if, by hiding in the memories of the past, the can escape dealing with the future.

<p>

Now its almost ten years later, and I'm approaching my mid-thirties. I still get nostalgic about things from the past, but now I can find enjoyment in these things, rather then feeling sad or depressed.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userEmeliaBell@EmeliaBell
Emelia Bell is an author whose voice, both written and spoken, is uniquely English. She writes intense and steamy stories with strong characters and plots and mind-blowing sex scenes. If your taste runs to the Anglophiliac and you appreciate a plot-driven stroke story then E...

story TAGS