Lore of the Angels Ch. 05

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
Alecrire
Alecrire
291 Followers

"Aria don't!" exclaimed Lucian but it was too late for she had already pulled the tube free from her throat; glucose leaking all over her hospital gown. "Oh dear..." he said before running to the door to get the doctors.

Aria was annoyed. There were so many people suddenly touching and prodding her. Just where the hell is she? Where's her Archangel? Oh god... did she say her? Wait... why was she even alive?

She began to struggle against all the strange people trying to hold her down and almost punched out one of them.

"Aria... you have to try and stay calm. These are doctors. They're trying to help you."

Mmm... she recognized that voice. Ah yes. Her pretty lavender lashes... so soft and pretty and...

"Okay, she's sedated," said one of the nurses and they left the room.

Lucian crept nearer the bed and looked down at his Archangel's Valkyrie. "You're a bad girl Aria."

"Pretty..." she giggled, reaching out to touch his lashes --only this time, he allowed her to.

"Lucian!" hissed Anthony from the door.

"Don't worry I'll be a good boy," he said ignoring Anthony's warning. When Anthony closed the door, he stuck his tongue out. "He's such a party pooper."

Aria managed another giggle...

"Want to see magic?"

Aria murmured something unintelligible.

"I'll translate that as yes," he said and conjured up a streak of Light from his right finger tips. "Watch," he said; slowly raising his left hand to comb through the beam, splitting the rays out into various hues of the rainbow.

Aria murmured, turning her head slightly to nuzzle against his wings. "Pretty rainbows... pretty..."

Then she fell asleep once more; her head comfortably resting on his wing.

The Light Angel did not move and instead held her in place, letting her sleep just a while longer.

***

Meanwhile, down in South America...

"Cardinal, I have searched amongst the dead bodies... but the Ayn is missing."

"What do you mean missing!" she roared, throwing her handheld mirror in the direction of her Ordinal.

"Forgive me Cardinal..." he was on his knees now; ghostly smoke for wings folded neatly behind him. "I will find her again."

Iluna got to her feet and spread her starlit wings out in a pure display of power and dominance. It had taken her almost a week for her other wing to grow back. "Did you see her at all during the battle Yuen?"

The Ordinal kept his gaze low, afraid to look into his Cardinal's eyes and get sucked into its black hole vortex. "Yes," he whispered.

"How!" she roared in shock. Pure Dark waves erupted from every inch of her body.

"She was shot... by a Light arrow."

"Then she should be dead by now! I want her body now!"

"Yes Cardinal. Your wish is my command."

Then the Ordinal Yuen disappeared like a puff of smoke.

***

The trip across the Pacific Ocean was excruciatingly long and strenuous but Zilarrezko pushed his wings to its limit; allowing his party of three only a few minutes of reprieve on the islands of Hawaii and then Marshall before endeavoring on towards Japan itself.

The Land of the Rising Sun had never been more beautiful than that exact moment as the sun crept up beyond the horizon to bask the East in its warmth and light.

"It was still noon when we left home," groaned Julia. "Did we really the entire night Cardinal?"

"No Julia. It is just about dusk back home... but here, it is a new day." He motioned for his two Ordinals --Julia and Marcus --to follow behind him. "A new day... for new alliances."

The three of them flew across to the bridge that linked the main city to the Snow Palace. The fortress itself was made of pure carved ice, surrounded by snow covered rooftops shaped in a dragon motif. If Zilarrezko preferred height, then Archangel Yuki of Asia preferred breadth and space. Her palace covered the expanse of land from the foot of Mount Eboshi to the coast lining the Sea of Japan.

"Impressive," said Marcus as the three Angels waited at the main entrance of the Palace.

"Be on your guard at all times," warned Zilarrezko as the thick iced door opened to reveal a blooming garden with pebbled floors leading towards the grand courtyard. Sakura blossoms littered all over the pale snow... like blood spilling with fragrant sadness.

A Snow-Water Angel greeted them at the end of the courtyard. From her stature and icy-cold gaze, Zilarrezko knew this was Yuki's Ordinal. Beside him, Marcus almost skipped a step at the sight of her. Zilarrezko couldn't blame him.

The Snow-Water Ordinal looked almost luminescent against the white backdrop; her skin of a pearly essence that seemed to blend as one with the strands of long white feathers cascading down from a choker around her neck. And her wings --were magnificent carved ice that looked like it belonged to a sculpture rather than an angel.

"Welcome, my name is Chióni" she whispered, bowing slightly --a movement that caused the feathers to part seductively to reveal white skin. "The Snow Queen awaits you."

Zilarrezko gave her a polite nod and followed as she led them past the carved doors of the Queen's court. He had always been fascinated by Yuki's insistence on being called 'Queen' rather than 'Cardinal' as the rest of the Archangels.

The first thing that struck him was her face --powdery white lashes against the palest of blue eyes, high cheekbones that were void of any color and finally lips that were glossed in a shimmer of snow flakes itself. However, that was nothing compared to her wings. They were constantly snowing even as they took shape of wings that looked incapable of flight.

Archangel Yuki rose slowly to her feet; her own feathered dress twinkling in the sunlight. Upon closer look, Zilarrezko noticed that off every white feather hung a crystallized tear drop "Thank you for welcoming us into your magnificent palace." Zilarrezko gave a humble bow and was greeted with a soft but feminine laughter as Yuki came closer towards him.

"This was rather unexpected Zilarrezko but my court is always honored to have such handsome Angels in our midst."

Zilarrezko prayed that Marcus wasn't blushing when she said that for it was a known fact that the female Archangels could reduce even the strongest of Ordinals to his knees begging for sexual release if she wanted to.

"I apologize Yuki but it is a matter of life and death. I have little time to waste."

The Snow Queen lifted her eyelashes and gazed into his own silver eyes as though ascertaining the truth of his words. "Very well then, we shall speak in my private office," she finally whispered.

She led them towards an adjoining room that served as her office which looked big enough to hold a private banquet. As the three of them entered, Zilarrezko noted that apart from Chióni, two more Ordinals had joined them. Either there were no male Angels that deserved the rank of Ordinal or Yuki only trusted female Angels by her side.

"You've met Chióni," said Yuki in that soft feminine voice again. "This is Seraphina and this is Fleur." The two Ordinals bowed their head gently out of respect. Zilarrezko had expected both to be of the Snow-Water clan but Seraphina was clearly a Fire Angel.

"Shall we sit?" he said, spreading his palm out to the conference table.

"Tell me what bothers you Zilarrezko."

"Yuki, I mean you no disrespect but I have a Valkyrie that I wish to turn immortal."

Yuki's powdery eyebrows arched in surprise then understanding flashed across her eyes. "Ah... she is one of mine."

"Yes."

"I do not see her."

Zilarrezko was surprised that Yuki was even considering restoring a Valkyrie to an Angelic form... or maybe she's just testing him.

"She is currently in hospital and still under critical condition... and I was hoping you would come home with us to restore her wings."

A shrill laugh filled the private office. "These wings are not meant for flying." She didn't mean that literally he understood. Yuki would travel nowhere unless it benefited her in some way.

"She might not make it here even if we charter a plane Yuki..."

"Then she will die." A statement delivered without emotion.

"Yes."

His reply caused her to smile as she leaned back in her chair. She looked back and forth between Marcus and Zilarrezko before speaking. "You could give her your immortality..." she trailed off as she stood up to walk over towards Marcus. "A pity," she whispered silkily in his ears. "So young... and tender..." Pale fingers traced the bronze arch of Marcus's wings.

"Yuki," warned Zilarrezko and she immediately lifted her fingers. He knew what she was doing of course. Marcus may be presenting a poker face but his insides were quivering and both Archangels could sense that. They both knew that Marcus was not ready to take over Zilarrezko's position. It was a taunt --she could easily break Marcus now as she would easily break him should Zilarrezko give up his immortality.

"You're far too serious." Even as she said that, Yuki made a deliberate show of her prowess by spreading her wings out --covering her guests in a thin coat of powdered snow. "I'll make a deal with you then Zilarrezko..."

He raised her eyes slowly to meet hers.

She smiled. "Give him to me and I will grant your Valkyrie her wings."

Marcus gave a sharp gasp and would have jumped to his feet if Julia and Zilarrezko hadn't held him down. His eyes were pleading as he turned to look at his Archangel but Zilarrezko's eyes remained an impassive silver as he kept his gaze on Yuki.

Zilarrezko knew that Yuki was playing with them. She might not even know how to restore a Valkyrie's wings and was simply trying to push Zilarrezko to see his weakness. Marcus was simply a pawn in her transaction --one she would immediately annihilate --for she wanted to know how much this mortal meant to the Metal Cardinal. Furthermore, kill off the heir to the Metal clan and all of North America would be up for grabs by the other Archangels.

"Consider your negotiation well Yuki for once we make a deal there is no turning back," said Zilarrezko stoically. Then silently in his mind, he reached out to Marcus. Trust me Marcus. Betray no emotions for whatever I say next. The Ordinal squirmed slightly then went completely passive.

"So you're willing to trade an Ordinal for a mortal!" she was clapping her hands in glee. "Oh Zilarrezko! You make a woman's heart flutter with excitement!"

"What are the consequences should you go back against your words?" he asked carefully, watching her twinkling eyes.

"I have every right to my words."

"Not to another Archangel."

Her eyes narrowed; the pale blue hardening slightly. "And you?"

"I am willing to have my wings sliced off."

The pale blue glowed brightly. "I am beyond... oh! You are what wet dreams are made of Zilarrezko!" she laughed flirtatiously. "Very well then. I will make the same promise."

"Consider it carefully Yuki... If you lie about knowing how to restore a Valkyrie's wings; I will not hesitate for even an instant."

Yuki actually pouted; her lips pursed out in disapproval.

"Marcus, go and stand beside the Snow Queen." Zilarrezko's voice was hard as steel. For a second, he thought Marcus would break down but the Ordinal's loyalty proved to be unwavering for he moved silently to stand beside Yuki.

Distracted slightly at the thought of her new toy, Yuki scattered snow on all the Angels present in the room. She was about to touch Marcus when Zilarrezko's voice interrupted her.

"There is no backing out of this Yuki. If you touch him, your wings are at my mercy." Just to prove his point, he stood up and spread his own wings; every blade of feather fashioned into death-point swords.

For a moment, Yuki's gaze faltered but then she straightened her back and pressed a soft kiss against Marcus's neck.

It was done. The deal was sealed.

***

Alecrire
Alecrire
291 Followers
12