Louise Ch. 11

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
kalamazoo707
kalamazoo707
1,664 Followers

"I'm anxious to see what Jackson finds out." Patrick said as he opened the door to the patio.

********

Kevyn had just finished the third round of calls for the night when Patrick and Nathan came out.

"I told them to be at the airport by nine two weeks from this Thursday and I told Juliette that we would take her and the kids shopping on Friday night. I hope that's ok."

"That's fine." Patrick said as he pulled her out of the chair, sat down and pulled her back into his lap. "I suppose Barb is a part of the shopping expedition?"

"Yes, we really can't exclude her and besides she'd want to see Juliette and the kids." Kevyn replied. "What are the chances that you and Nathan can take my brothers around?"

"And leave you unprotected? Not a chance." Nathan said before Patrick could say anything. "And I'm not about to give someone else the responsibility."

"Well then," Kevyn said not bothering to ask Patrick. She already knew what he would say. "I guess we're all going shopping. But I think that Lou and I need to go before that so that we can find our dresses."

Lou grimaced.

"I have two stipulations." she said. "No pantyhose and no heels."

"Not a problem." Kevyn replied. "As a matter of fact, since it's on the beach why wear shoes at all?"

"We wouldn't need to wear anything fancy either, just something that looks nice and that we can wear to the reception." Louise commented.

"So why don't we do this." Nathan said. "Go to the caterers, go shopping for dresses and if there's time look for rings."

"Sounds good." Patrick said, "Now what's for dessert?"

********

Barb tossed and turned on the small sofa. She wasn't sure of what she was feeling besides ill. The phone calls about the wedding, seeing her siblings and the shopping should have made her happy, but they didn't. It wasn't that she didn't want to see her siblings; it was just that Juliette was also a competitor. The fact that she had three children wouldn't be a deterrent especially once the man saw how well behaved they were.

Barb considered herself more beautiful than Juliette and wondered about the insecurity of having her in California. Juliette, she realized wanted the same things that she did but just hadn't gone after them in the same way. In fact, she wasn't even actively trying to find a rich man. She had the feeling that Juliette would be happy with any man who loved her the way that Angel had and to some degree still did.

She also wondered why she was thinking about the things that Louise said. The words came back to her at the oddest times such as when she was ready to sleep.

"You're wrong." she muttered. "You're wrong about everything." she said as she closed her eyes.

**************************

Two weeks later in Pittsburgh

"Wannie come on already!" Juliette called out. "The cab will be here in five minutes!"

"Coming!" Wanda called back as she tried to cram her science book into an already over stuffed backpack.

Finally, she gave up and decided to carry it. She was so excited about the trip and excited that the teachers at school had given her the assignments for the week but admonished her to have fun too.

"Come on Wannie!" Victor said from the doorway. If possible, he was more excited than Wanda was. He loved airplanes of all kinds and wanted to be an Air Force pilot. When he found out that they were going in a private jet, he whooped and danced around the apartment until he fell down exhausted.

"I'm coming, stop bugging me!" Wanda replied.

The only one not sharing in the excitement was Celeste. Of the three children, she was the most timid and the one overlooked because she hid behind the more dominant personalities of her siblings. She sat on the sofa saying nothing but watching everything.

"Are you scared baby?" Juliette asked.

"No."

Juliette sighed and stroked the girl's head. For a while, both she and Angel were worried that there was something wrong with their youngest. Fortunately, both of them had insurance and they had her tested for everything and anything.

"She's fine." they were told time after time. "Just give her time and she'll blossom."

For her anxious parents, that couldn't happen soon enough.

The sharp beep of a car horn made everyone move in a flurry Celeste included. Fifteen minutes later, they were on their way to the airport.

"Victor will you please sit still?" Juliette said smiling. She fully understood his excitement. She could barely sit still herself.

"Will Uncle Gene and Uncle Leon be there?" Wanda asked.

"They're supposed to be." Juliette replied.

*******

Gene looked around the house to make sure that he had unplugged everything except the refrigerator and freezer. His bags sat by the front door. As he scanned the living room, he saw his phone charger lying on the coffee table.

"Shit!" he said relieved that he had found it.

On top of his suitcase lay a manila folder that contained investment propositions that he planned to show Patrick sometime during the week. Over the past two weeks, he realized that he had handled Patrick all wrong. Instead of seeing him as a threat, he should have seen him as a potential investor but he had been so sure of Clay. Getting the Sinclaire's as investors would be a big feather in his cap and no one could touch him. He could only hope that it wasn't too late to fix the damage that he had caused because of his shortsightedness.

He took one last look around, picked up his bag and stepped outside to wait for the cab.

*********

Leon looked at his reflection in the mirror and was satisfied with what he saw. Of the three boys, he had been the one who had inherited their father's height that had been just shy of six feet two inches, his looks and his drive. He ran a brush over his closely cropped hair, gave himself a final check and left the bathroom.

Like Gene, he checked to make sure that the power was off but didn't unplug anything. The last thing he grabbed before his bags was his laptop. He set the security alarm and went to the manager's office where Barry who was the manager/owner of the apartment building and his friend waited for him.

"All set?" Barry asked as he closed out whatever program he had been working on."

"Ready and I appreciate the ride." Leon replied.

"It's no problem. I wasn't doing anything anyway."

"Where are Nancy and the kids?" Leon asked as they walked to the car.

"They went to see some animated movie. I'm meeting them for pizza afterwards." he replied. "So some guy finally snatched Lou up huh?"

"It appears so." Leon replied.

"Lucky man." Barry muttered.

"Yeah he is." Leon agreed while giving Barry a curious look.

"She's a real sweetheart, if I had been single; I would have gone for her myself." Barry said.

"And I would have had to have kicked your ass." Leon said only half joking.

Wisely, Barry dropped the subject of him and Louise.

"So who's the lucky guy?" he asked.

"Nathan Sinclaire."

Barry stopped walking.

"Who did you just say?" he asked.

"Nathan Sinclaire and yes I know who he is." Leon said before Barry could ask.

"Holy shit!" Barry exclaimed. "Do you think...."

"No I'm not going to give him your phone number." Leon interrupted.

"Come on Leon, I've been trying to get to this guy for years! One word from you and it could happen."

"Alright, here's what I'll do," Leon said, "and you can take it or leave it. If he asks if I know of anyone who would be worth considering for a project, I'll give him your name and number what happens after that is up to him."

"Thanks man! Now let's get you to the airport!"

*********

They all arrived at the airport within minutes of each other with Juliette arriving first. Wanda was the first to see a man standing by the entrance of the terminal with a big sign with their name on it in big block letters.

"Look mom! Someone's waiting for us!"

The man smiled and nodded when he saw Wanda looking at him and approached the cab.

"Miss Yancy? My name is Jonas and I'm here to escort you and your family to the jet."

"Are you a pilot?" Victor asked.

"No I'm not but I know the pilot. Perhaps I can convince him to let you see the cockpit of the jet." Jonas replied.

"Mom! Did you hear that?" he asked excitedly.

"I heard and what do you say?" Juliette asked.

"Oh... sorry... Thank you."

Gene arrived next and then Leon.

"Are all of you here?" Jonas asked.

"Yes." Leon replied.

Jonas looked behind him and nodded. A few seconds later, someone came out with a cart for their luggage.

"Follow me please." Jonas said and walked away.

"Come on baby girl." Leon said to Celeste and picked her up.

Celeste wrapped her arms around Leon's neck and hung on tight. A tear ran down her face as she felt a peace that she hadn't felt since Louise left surrounded her.

*****************************

"Are the rooms ready?" Kevyn asked Hans during a final check.

"They are and I took the liberty of putting another refrigerator in the suite where the children will be staying."

"Thanks, I hadn't thought about that." Kevyn said.

"No worries." Hans said. "I know how children get hungry for sweets and things like that. I also made sure to remove any alcohol out of all of the rooms as well. One can't be too careful where little ones are concerned."

"Jeez Hans you're awesome! Thank you!" Kevyn replied.

"Is there anything else that I need to be aware of?" Hans asked.

"No, I think that you've covered all of the bases. We'll call you when we leave the airport... oh and the banquet room is ready?"

"Yes and with everything that you requested. I'll be awaiting your call."

*********

Barb got dressed and waited for the car that Kevyn and Patrick sent for her. She was surprised at the gesture and the offer of a room at the hotel. Instead of accepting the offer, she made snide comments.

"What floor is it on this time? What's the food budget? Fifty dollars?"

She knew that she shouldn't have said it but she couldn't help herself. She knew that she was pushing her luck when she heard the tone of Kevyn's voice.

"Look Barb." Kevyn said. "This is supposed to be a happy time and I don't want your shitty attitude ruining it so you have a choice, stay your ass home or come. But if you come, behave because if you don't I swear to god I'll kick your ass are we clear? Now, are you coming or not?"

"I'm coming." Barb said.

"Fine and remember what I said." Kevyn said and hung up.

That conversation took place almost two weeks ago and she hadn't spoken to Louise or Kevyn until today when she called Louise to talk about the plans for the evening.

"Is everything set?" she asked.

"It is and I even made bread for everyone. I made the kind with cheese in it and added a little jalapeno pepper in it for you." Louise replied.

Barb swallowed hard. Louise was still the sweet, kind sister that she had always been even after everything that she had done.

"Thank you, that was sweet of you... did you put my name on it? You know how Leon is about spicy foods."

"I sure did." Louise replied laughing. "I even put extra jalapeno in his. Barb..."

Barb braced herself for the admonishment to behave.

"What?" she asked her defenses already up.

"I'm glad that you're coming."

"I'll see you later." Barb said and hung up surprised that she hadn't made a smart assed comment.

All was well until she got to the hotel. The driver helped her out and got her bags for her. As soon as she stepped through the door, jealousy reared its ugly head. She saw Hans at the desk checking in a guest, walked over and waited her turn.

"Mrs. Simpson!" he greeted. "You're the first one here."

Instead of greeting him, Barb gave him an irritated look.

"So am I in the same little room as before?"

"No." Hans replied his tone cool.

"All of you will be staying in suites and will have full privileges and use of the spa services."

"How nice... what about food?" Barb asked.

Hans looked at the beautiful but ugly woman in front of him and once again thanked the fates that she was no longer his.

"Everything is arranged." he said. "There is a buffet set up in the banquet room that you may help yourself to. Ollie will take your things to your suite if you like."

"Fine." Barb said.

"I'll call him..."

Hans stopped mid sentence when he heard the voices of children and then the voice of someone admonishing them to be quiet. He swallowed hard as the voices got closer forgetting that Barb was standing in front of him.

"Hey! Earth to Hans!" Barb said tersely.

However, he wasn't paying attention to her. His eyes were riveted across the lobby where a group of people were approaching the desk. His gray eyes fastened onto one figure in particular who was holding the hand of an exuberant little boy.

Barb had stopped speaking and turned to see what had captured Hans' attention. All she saw was her family approaching and didn't understand at first what or who he was looking at. Anger flared when she finally saw who had drawn Hans' attention.

Juliette.

kalamazoo707
kalamazoo707
1,664 Followers