All Comments on 'Love Comes To Me'

by 40DayDream

Sort by:
  • 43 Comments
GrayShadoweGrayShadoweover 10 years ago
Good start

A good, solid start to the story. I agree with your comments about it being more romantic, as it doesn't touch on the D/s, so much as the relationship that has been formed and the character development. I'd like to see more, and look forward to it.

Gray

AnonymousAnonymousover 10 years ago
I like it, please continue.

I admit #3 threw me a bit.

KAIJFKAIJFover 10 years ago
Keep it up!

I really enjoyed the characters you've created and certainly have an interest as to where it goes from here. Thank you

AnonymousAnonymousover 10 years ago
I like it!!

The gentle caring man thrown into the dominate role in a relationship. Keep going. It can only get better.

AnonymousAnonymousover 10 years ago
Suggestions

In chapter two he should figure out that she is submissive. He should visit a couple of doms to see how he should treat her. It should go badly. Perhaps he should have to rescue her from one. not a big rescue, just him being forceful and protecting her. Then an old family friend should get involved. Perhaps someone no one would think of as dominant. a nice little old lady that was friends with his mom. She could guide him towards being what Julie needs. Just my two cents...

john1946john1946over 10 years ago
Very very good

This was a great story......I give very few 5's......I was totally enjoying it and then it stopped. I see this as a romance story. It does not need to be D's. His love for her grows, shes invaluable to his work. He totally falls for her and she him, babies, and forever after. Heck I'm a sap. I like happy endings and you did pick Romance.....Thanks, looking forward. Again, I would hate to see this as a D's story and I am a Dom with a 24/7 sub......This is purely him and her...Romance,.

Sid0604Sid0604over 10 years ago
Thank you

Another of your stories I have enjoyed reading.

redlion75redlion75over 10 years ago

i like the idea of him learning how to deal with her,but i wouldnt take her to another dom or even around 1.she is to trusting almost childlike to have some one else come into her life in that way.find out what the shrink said to her would be a big help to his understanding her also.

AnonymousAnonymousover 10 years ago
More Please

As someone who's been the D in D/s relationships. I found this story very refreshing in its different take on submission. So often we get stories about unwilling, forced submission, it's interesting to see unwilling Domination for a change. Additionally, what's often left out in D/s fiction is the loving, caring bond that forms between a Dom and sub. You showed that very well.

AnonymousAnonymousover 10 years ago

Your doing a good job, let the story take you where it wants to.

JounarJounarover 10 years ago
5*

A very interesting and well written tale and I really do hope you continue it. Going full D/S would be a mistake imho as it would take away the insecurities Mike has which are what makes this story stand out.

SouthernPassion53SouthernPassion53over 10 years ago
Very well balanced

Your story has begun well. This fits in Romance much better than it would in BDSM. There is the control issue, but it is not something that would evolve into a serious BDSM scenario.

As another commentator stated, it would be a mistake to carry the BDSM aspect any further than you already have done. Possibly refine their roles but this would definitely not be a traditional Dom/sub dynamic.

MaximguyMaximguyover 10 years ago
Great!

I agree with Southern. This is in the right category and very enjoyable. I wish there was more, but I understand where you are at, creatively wise. Thank you.

OnetoooneOnetoooneover 10 years ago
Great Story !

The surrender of her entire soul and her trust being absolute and unwavering, is TRUE unconditional love.

Phil_PatsfanPhil_Patsfanover 10 years ago
What a great story!

I liked that you wrote about a "normal" guy, rather than a "dominant" and how he would handle this situation. You made me feel for Julie and wonder if her submissiveness was her nature, or the result of her captivity. At times I got a little impatient with Michael since he could be so indecisive, but I understood why. I hope you write more about Michael and Julie.

AnonymousAnonymousover 10 years ago

This is a wonderful story so far. Thank you for taking th time to write it. I hope there is more to come.

I really felt for both characters. I strongly identified with Mike. In the same circumstances I'd be just as confused and oblivious about how to take care of an amazing, damaged girl. You really did a good job making these two characters believable and sympathetic.

Hubbys_PrincessHubbys_Princessover 10 years ago
Wow, this blew me away!

This story so far is brilliant, it's not too often here on lit that a story makes me ACTUALLY think. I agree this is the best category for it, as although there is the element of master and slave it's not what I would consider a d/s relationship as there's no set rules and punishments/rewards. What I would like to see as the story continues (and I REALLY hope you continue it) is for her to retain most of her deference to Mike but gain some elements of independence in order to alleviate a little of the responsibility mike has, like being able to decide what and when she should like to eat. To learn how to make dimple decisions her self. It would be very interesting to see Mike put in a position due to illness? maybe where he is unable to tell her what she should do. Looking forward to reading more of this with the prerequisit romantic happy ending (Hopefully)!

ValerionValerionover 10 years ago
Love it! but...

I have to admit, I started to get a little tired of Kathy's shit. She was sort of a bitch to him without really needing to be, especially given the circumstances, and how hard he was working to do right by Julie. Yeah...didn't like her at all.

AnonymousAnonymousover 10 years ago
Great!

Great story, and I think it's particular powerful that Mike is just an average guy. Some suggestions in the comments are pretty good, and here's my opinion:

- I'll like to know more about Julie - like another commenter mentioned, has she always been submissive or did her captivity change her? (Or better yet, a combination of the two)

- Maybe you could do something unexpected, like another girl going for Mike (whether Mike returns the feeling is up to you). Will this force Julie to break out of her submissive self to hold on to Mike or will her submissive self stop herself from keeping Mike by her side?

- One question: does Julie have any other living relatives? This could make for an interesting scene (perhaps forced separation? Or Mike could go along and try to help Julie regain her independence), as well as fleshing out Julie, showing how much (or little) she's changed since her abduction and then meeting Mike.

Just some suggestions, and I do hope you continue this story. (At the point of writing, I have not checked your profile so if you have already uploaded something, that's good.) 5* definitely.

AnonymousAnonymousover 10 years ago
Dominance

I have greatly enjoyed your story, full of affection for the characters. I have also read all the comments from other readers and find there is a minority who consider a dominant position for Mike and I think this is my thinking, but a caring one to start with. I do not like BDSM but there are other ways of showing his dominance: perhaps exhibitionism, other writer cliques such as allowing herself to be seen by other women while shopping, perhaps enjoying Mike's appreciation of her being used in this soft way, always conscious of helping him enjoy himself through her.

As it is, definately a FIVE from me.

BurntRedstoneBurntRedstoneover 10 years ago
A story with staying power

First off I want to say I really enjoyed this. The characters are brilliantly sympathetic and the story definitely got inside my head. I found the idea of a reluctant dominant for a needful submissive to be a fascinating concept. It really stayed in my mind and I've returned to re-read your story a few times.

I must confess each time I've returned I've been hoping for more. One day I'd like to try my hand writing a story based on this concept and I hope I'll be able to breath as much life into my story as you have done with yours. Thank you so much!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 10 years ago
It was both interesting and entertaining and then you failed at the non-ending.

I did have some questions that came to mind. My biggest concern was the slightly submissive relationship that Mike had with his sister. She seemed not just the "Big Sister", but a little overbearing and controlling, especially when she slapped him. That was uncalled for and it made me question whether or not Mike would be strong enough to really help Julie. And it worries me that Mike doesn't seem to be able to break free from Kathys influence. He can't even get his own place. And if Julie was truly worried about Mike's health, things like oral sex (both ways) would be off the table until she got a clear bill of health. But the story has possibilities. If you simply end it here, I would lower my score. Nothing worse than an unfinished story and that's what you have now.

40DayDream40DayDreamabout 10 years agoAuthor

I appreciate the feedback! A couple of thoughts that have come out of discussions on this story:

1) I am working on the sequel. It obviously is not writing itself as quickly as the original, but it is in progress. I have, however, learned not to make promises when or if it will be finished.

2) The next installment will display Mike's growth in independence and strength, although not without mistakes.

3) On the topic of STDs, I am assuming a fair amount of ignorance on Julie's part.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 10 years ago
good story

I like all of your contributions. In this tale what is unbelievable is that a normal guy could live with Julie for that long and not consummate the relationship, [could have used condoms]. Most men would have not lasted one day. Honest.

Otherwise another enjoyable story!

bumd11bumd11about 9 years ago

I Have very much enjoyed the author's other stories, but I just couldn't get through this. Mike was such a clueless fucking idiot (boy did his sister get that right!) who consistently and correctly observed Julie's behavior, but then ignored his observations. Very frustrating. Since I didn't finish, I am unable to rate it.

Nonetheless, please keep posting, 40DayDream, you write fine tales.

tazz317tazz317about 9 years ago
LOVE DIDNT COME TO HIM

it fell as if from the clouds. TK U MLJ LV NV

tazz317tazz317about 9 years ago
THE AUTHOR IS CORRECT

as there are more unanswered questions, Maybe he could be persuaded to write more chapters. TK U MLJ LV NV

frazodfrazodabout 9 years ago
Best Story

I love this story. I found, actually, it is the first story I made a "favorite." I would love for you to continue it.

Thank you

SampkyangSampkyangabout 8 years ago
WOW

I would simply hate a relationship like that. For anyone to be THAT dependent on someone else begs severe mental illness.

SampkyangSampkyangabout 8 years ago

Just an after thought...she wouldn't allow penetration but did allow oral sex??????????????????????????????/ ALLLLLL STDs can be transmitter thru oral sex, some easier than others JUST LIKE dick in cunt sex. HELL let a diseased cunt rub it on your scratched TOE/elbow ect... and you can get HIV/any std. it's just skin of different types. mucous membranes of the mouth absorb fluids by design...just like a dick or a pussy or a toe

AnonymousAnonymousabout 8 years ago
Sequel?

I thought this was a good story. Unusual, with some holes but I understand this is fiction and things happen. I would love to read more about what happens.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 8 years ago
You made Mike into an idiot!

She said why would I want anyone other than you, Michael? Mike is too stupid to take control of their relationship. Anyone of the readers would have jumped to the conclusion that she wanted and needed Mike. Since she was drop dead gorgeous, anyone with half a brain would have then fucked her brains out all day long in order to get her to love him. The story lost credibility at this point.

Kookaburra8Kookaburra8over 7 years ago
Good story but

You have too many glaring mistakes in this story like one moment they're in the Middle East then bang they're in the States how the fuck did he get her back to the States with no passport, you mentioned the US Embassy but they didn't go or did I miss something. Another one, he took her to a councillor, he came out worse than she went in, what happened in there, no follow up sessions. You just seem to skip from one scene to another without fully explaining the last properly. Plus I agree with one of the other readers comment, you made him look like an idiot. Also the STD oral sex was another big blunder. I can see how you were trying too go with this story but you didn't hit the mark with me not yet at lest. If you do a further chapter to this story please give him a few more brain cells.. sorry ⭐️⭐️⭐️ only so far.

ThelvynerThelvynerover 7 years ago
Sorry

Mike was too stupid for me to enjoy this story. Even someone of average intelligence shouldn't have been as fucking clueless as this guy. I understand he isn't a Dom, but this guy was too stupid for words. The sister is also a bitch. Slapping him before even talking to him or getting details? The medical appointments would also have been much much more involved and there is no way a halfway decent psychologist wouldn't have picked up on her level of dependency on mike and talked to him about it. This story had too many glaring flaws for it to be enjoyable. I like the premise, but the devil is in the details and most of the details were way off

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 7 years ago
Truth be told

I don't want you to take this the wrong way. But I'm letting you know that you've hit more to the truth than you could possibly imagine. Too many times and fall off and this happens to young ladies across the world. How do I know? It's because my wife went through it she's a survivor and in the two years that that young lady was in there she went through a brainwashing hell. My wife however has a happy ending we've been married for 12 years and two kids together. To this day I still don't know her whole story, and I don't think I ever will. Think of the emotion she is going through think of Mike becoming a stronger man and perhaps together they can pull through.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 6 years ago

Curious that you keep calling it a master/slave relationship without stating who is in which role. Certainly, Michael makes the decisions here, but only because she forces him to, by refusing to offer an opinion one way or another. He receives felatio, because she is unhappy if he doesn’t let her. He holds her down for cunnilingus, because it makes her happy (and makes her orgasm). He brings her with him when he travels, because she is unhappy when he doesn’t. He is unhappy with the dominant role in their relationship, but her pleasure in being dominated overrules his feelings every time.

Is it a dominant/submissive relationship? Yes, obviously, but hardly master/slave— not when the submissive, Julie, clearly has ultimate control of the dynamic.

[I enjoyed the story, as fiction. As a former traumatic stress specialist and instructor with the U.S. Marine Corps and Navy (now retired), I feel the need to point out what is probably obvious— that Julie’s response is *not* how a woman who had been traumatized in such a manner would ever be expected to respond.]

AnonymousAnonymousabout 5 years ago
Thank you

Thank you for your lovely story!

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
This is amazing! Please make more!

This story is truly amazing. The thing that drew me in, admittedly while looking for a story, was redhead but I got into it so quickly. I’m not super up for the aggressive Doms that are often shown. The indecisive man in this story and submissive girl is, while it may sound bad, idyllic in my head. I just felt connected to the man. Sure the characters and story weren’t totally fleshed out but it still gave me goosebumps. I love this story. I would kill to be in this man’s position not for the sex but for that specific type of love that makes me feel needed. He pegged it perfectly. Feeling needed is a more intense kind of love that I crave. Thank you for this story and please make more!!!

drseaknightdrseaknightover 3 years ago

This is one of my favorite stories, I found it years ago and researched to find it again. I would love to see how Rick and Julie work together and come to love each other in new and different ways.

AnAncientAnAncientalmost 3 years ago

Please continue this story!

Even if she is unable, for psychological reasons or whatever, to have her own job -- she could more than double the rate at which 'he' can prepare manuals and other documents.

She is obviously developing more independence, even if at a very slow pace, and will probably never be able to be fully independent like 'normal' women. However, in time (years), she'd be able to be apart from him for a day or two. How about going shopping with his sister and Julie, I'm sure he'd be able to gradually get Julie to follow his sisters advice -- possibly telling Julie to work with Kathy to make a surprise birthday party for him or something?

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

Brilliant, brilliant

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Loved the intimacy of the story. Please keep writing!!

Bamm2797Bamm2797about 1 year ago
Love it

I feel like you are on the right track. Keep working the angle to where they meet in the middle.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous