Love of My Life Ch. 02

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

I was recovering from the loss by the next week. I spent the weekend with Jason, but we didn't have sex. We just cuddled and held each other while we talked or watched movies. It was a nice change. On Friday when I got home from school I saw that my Mom had put a letter on my bed. It was from Virginia Tech. I didn't allow myself to get my hopes up. All the same, I was scared to open it. Without really thinking, I took the letter and went back to school. When I got there, I walked in the gym, not really sure what I was looking for. All the practices were over, and the only person in the gym was Chris. He was casually shooting around by himself. He came over to me when he saw me. "What's in your hand?" Is that a college letter?" I could only nod. "From who?!" He asked excitedly. I showed him the envelope. He stared. "Wow. What's it say?"

I shrugged. "I don't know. I haven't opened it."

"Why not? What are you waiting for?"

I looked uncertainly at him for a second, and then I held the letter out. "Can you do it?"

"Are you sure? Alright."

He opened it and looked at it for the longest moment of my life. "What's it say?"

He grinned hugely. "They're offering you a scholarship to play. They were really impressed by you the other night!"

I gasped and snatched the letter back. I read it for myself, twice, before I believed it. I looked up and Chris was still smiling. "Congratulations!"

He hugged me fiercely, and said, "I always knew you could do it."

I pulled back slightly and looked up at him. He had that same look in his eye that he had had that night at his party. He lowered his mouth to mine and kissed me passionately. I laced my hands around his neck and kissed him back. When we finally broke apart, Chris was smiling down at me. "Wow." That was all he said. I smiled back, and then glanced to my left. Jason was leaning nonchalantly against the wall of the gym with his arms crossed across his chest. He looked like he had been standing there for a while. His hazel green eyes were fixed on me, and I felt my stomach drop. He had absolutely no expression on his face. What had I just done? Chris didn't see anything wrong, and he tried to kiss me again. I pulled back and said in a shaky voice, "I gotta go tell my parents about this. I mean the scholarship thing. I'll call you later, alright?"

He nodded and went back to shooting around, with a big smile on his face. I began to walk nervously towards the door. I didn't want to walk past Jason, but I had to. I was fighting the urge to run. But before I even got to where Jason was standing, he turned and strode out of the gym before me. By the time I got outside he had started his truck and left. I got in my car and tried to push the incident from my mind. I drove home and showed my parents the contents of the letter. They were both delighted for me. I went to sleep that night without calling Chris, or hearing from Jason. I was happy about the scholarship, but I had nagging doubts about my relationships with Chris and Jason.

Let me know what you think of the story either in the public comments section or by sending me feedback. Should I continue with this couple or start a new storyline? Is there anything in particular that you would like to see happen to this couple?

12