Love with a Twist Ch. 08

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

He didn't even realize, till the car had stopped, that he was at his apartment complex. The walk up the two flights of stairs was slow for him he was still a bit off balance internally but with Sarah behind him helping him along he made it up to his door.

Robert entered the small apartment, he quietly walked into the living room depositing his bag on the couch before heading back to the bed room. He stopped in the doorway looking at the bed which was still in disarray from the last time they had slept together in it, before the accident.

"Hey Tiger? I am hungry I was thinking about ordering some lunch. You want anything?" Sarah called from the kitchen.

"Yeah sounds good, I am sick of the hospital food!"

"Well I was thinking Pizza!"

"Sounds good, I am gonna take a shower."

"Ok!"

Robert pulled his shirt over his head, but found himself fighting again with the button on his pants. Finally out of anger he just pushed them down over his hips leaving them on the floor in a heap. He had been given nothing but sponge baths in the hospital, which cut the smell but did nothing to make him feel clean. Robert grabbed his robe pulling it on as he walked to the kitchen. Sarah was chatting on the phone in the living room pacing quietly as he reached for the Saran wrap to cover his cast and protect it from the water.

Sarah chuckled softly watching him wrap his cast and arm in the clingy plastic wrap. Robert glanced up rolling his eyes, tucking in the last of the wrap into the bottom of the cast. He examined his work and decided it was going have to do.

Robert entered the small bathroom turning on the water for the shower. He glanced into the mirror and was startled to see his reflection. His robe hung open exposing his chest which had a deep purple bruise running across his body from the left shoulder to about mid chest. He studied his face, he could see several small cuts around his eyes and cheeks, which were covered in heavy stubble from lack of shaving. His one visible eye was red, bloodshot and it appeared that he had not slept in weeks. Robert reached up gingerly and pulled back his black eye patch to see how badly it appeared.

Robert drew in a deep breath as he looked over the purple and red puffy mess that was his left eye. He tried to mentally keep the eye shut, but winced as the light of the room bathed the swollen eye. He could see a large cut bisecting his eyebrow, along with several small cuts on the edge of his eye. The doctor had told him that it appeared he had closed his eyes at the last possible moment, but may have still struck the window of the car at the same time as his wrist.

Robert slipped the patch back over his eye, hanging his head in grief. He felt a tear build up behind his right eye as he felt seething anger over his mistake that evening. 'Why did he not see the fucking car coming!?' Robert thought to himself. 'Why did you not swerve or try to speed up?' Robert pounded his fist on the counter top rattling the cup which held his toothbrush.

"What happened?" Robert quietly growled in anger to himself. He had not heard her come into the room, glancing up in the mirror he saw Sarah's worried face reflected in the mirror. An image flashed in his mind, then another, soon a flood of images hit him like a tidal wave. Robert knew what happened that night....

******** He remembered them standing next to his car debating where to go to dinner. They laughed, joked and finally decided to just go and let the road lead them to dinner. Sarah was sitting in the back seat, she was chuckling along with Samantha who was retelling a story from their trip to Maine.

He remembered it was the very embarrassing story, of Robert, when his shorts came off after diving off a wooden pier that was set up in a small bay off the coast. He remembered trying to interrupt his mother and beg her not to finish the story.

He recalled them stopping at a red light, Sarah's jovial laughter coming from behind him, his mother was laughing as well, making silly remarks and comments about the look on Robert's face as he broke the surface of the water, desperately searching for his swim trunks.

He remembered the light turning green, he pulled forward through the intersection glancing in the rear view mirror to see Sarah smile then, purse her lips in a silent kiss. Then the light lite up the inside of the vehicle, Sarah glanced to the left her face slipping from laughter to fear, a scream shattered all sound inside the vehicle, followed by the sound of screeching tires. He felt the impact of the other vehicle on his, he felt his body twist in the seat, then sound of shattering glass, then deep dark black closing in around him.

******

"Robert?... Tiger?... What's wrong?!" Sarah whispered touching his shoulder. Robert turned around to face Sarah, he could feel tears running down his cheek, she looked so scared.

"I remember...." he whispered hanging his head in shame.

"What? The accident?"

"Yes, it was all my fault..."

"What? No it wasn't"

"If I had been watching the intersection instead of you in the rear view mirror I would have seen the car coming!" Robert soulfully replied, dragging his fingers through his hair.

"Robert, no one blames you for what happened! We are all alive, we walked away, it's not your fault that drunk asshole ran the light. You need to stop blaming yourself for this." Sarah firmly stated, reaching up taking his face in her palms forcing him to look at her. Her gaze was intense, yet comforting, he knew she was speaking the truth, but knowing that he could have avoided this did nothing to ease his own internal turmoil.

"I know, I just..."

"Just nothing for pete's sake, you need to know that we are fine, your mother, me, and you are fine! So stop this right now!" Her appearance was one of resolve, she was firm in her standing that he was not at fault.

Robert nodded his head ultimately convincing himself that he was not at fault. The linger thoughts of doubt still raged inside him but were quieted by her firm stance on the subject.

"Tiger you need to let go, I love you, and we lived, nothing is going to change what happened." Sarah soothing replied. "Now you need to shower and shave, I have some things I need to take care off."

"Ok..." Robert pulled his head away from her hands and pulled back the curtain of the shower,pulling off his robe he dropped it on the counter and stepped into the rushing water. Robert heard the bathroom door shut as he dunked his head under the warm rush of water. The warm from the water eased the tension in his shoulders, and the warm spread through to the aching parts of his body, calming them for the moment.

Robert took his time in the shower, shaving the hard stubble on his face and being careful to minimize the water that splashed on his cast. Robert replayed the accident over in his mind trying to convince himself that he was not at fault. Closing his eyes the scene played out like a broken record, he could see the look of fear on Sarah's face. The sounds of the vehicle impacting each other, the scream of terror that filled the small vehicle.

Robert shook his head dismissing the thoughts, trying in vain to focus on Sarah's smiling face. Robert resolved in himself that Sarah was right, going over this in his head would do nothing to change what happened. He needed to stop blaming himself and move on with his life. Robert shut off the shower, and pulled back the curtain, looking around the room he found a white towel hanging from the rack and grabbed it up. He was determined now, some linger thought was driving him, something he was thinking about just before the vehicles struck each other.

Then it hit him like a bolt of lighting, it recharged his body and gave him a burst of hope like nothing he had felt before. Grabbing up his robe he quickly pulled it on covering his still damp and naked form. Pulling open the door he stepped into the living room but was stopped with the sound of Sarah's angry voice.

"I know! Listen goddammit I have been caring for a sick friend...." Sarah said with some venom in her voice. "I told you what happened, you think I am fucking lying?" Robert glanced around the corner to the kitchen to see Sarah sitting at the table, her head was hung but he could see she was on her cell phone. "Fine.... Fine! I said OK! I will be there!" Sarah snapped the phone shut tossing it down on the table in disgust, dropping her face into her hands.

Robert quietly walked into the kitchen placing his hand on her shoulder, giving her a gentle reassuring squeeze. "Sarah?"

Sarah sniffed loudly turning around in her chair to face him, her eyes were puffy from crying. "Robert, I have to go back..." she quietly spoke. "If I don't I am gonna lose my job..."

Robert's heart sank as the truth of the moment rang clear in his mind. Sarah was only suppose to be gone for a couple of days, yet she had been away from her life for several weeks. Guilt started to nag at him again, guilt for causing the accident, guilt over keeping her here at his bedside, for something he could have avoided, gnawed at his stomach.

"I understand... But we have tonight, one last night before you leave, just you and me?" Robert whispered gently brushing away the tears from her right cheek.

"Yes! Go get dressed, lets just rent a movie grab some takeout and spend the evening in each others arms." Robert nodded, turning around to head for the bedroom, the linger thought from the bathroom resurfaced directing him to the dresser once he had entered the room.

Pulling open the top drawer he pushed some socks aside finding the small black velvet box tucked into the back corner. It appeared to have not been disturbed from the last time he had pulled it out. Reaching in he grabbed the small box setting it on the top of the dresser. His hands were shaking and his mouth went dry as he eased back the lid on the box. Smiling to himself he inspected the small gold band inside. He knew what he had to do, he wanted this, he realized it the night they had gotten in the car. He knew this the first moment he laid eyes on Sarah. Tonight was the night.

*********

Robert sat back from the table, patting his full stomach, he had never felt so full in his life. They had ordered some Chicago style deep dish pizza from a local pizza restaurant, but it only took two pieces for him to be full to the point of exploding. Sarah snickered as she reach across the table for her third slice.

"Oh my god your gonna have another?" Robert jokingly asked, watching her fight with a long strand of mozzarella cheese.

"This is the best pizza I have ever had!" Sarah exclaimed.

Robert chuckled as he poured another glass of red wine for himself, tilting the bottle in her direction with a look of "More?" Sarah nodded her head pushing her glass towards him, Robert quietly filled her cup, Sarah smiled at him as she took a bite of her pizza, reaching for the glass. Robert took a sip from his own glass quietly debating how he was going to express his current thoughts. Sarah took several more bits of her pizza before setting it down giving it a wide-eyed look.

"I think I am full...." She giggled. Robert chuckled then slowly stood up from the table, grabbing the back of his chair he pulled it over so that he was sitting next to her. Sarah watched him with a curious yet whimsical look on her face as he sat down next to her, pushing her plate away from her.

"Sarah I need to tell you something, and I have to get this out, so please don't interrupt." Reaching out he took her left hand in his right, Robert looked up into her eyes, he could see the love, the light in them. "Sarah for a year or more we have been talking, laughing, just enjoying each other the best that we know how. I think we found, a love that is without equal in this world." "I knew from the moment I met you that I wanted to spend the rest of my life with you...." Sarah?" Robert reached into his pocket pulling out the small black velvet box, slipping off the chair to kneel on one knee in front of her. "Sarah you are are my soul mate, my lover and my best friend.." Robert slowly spun the box opening it up to expose the small gold band wedding ring topped with a small princess cut diamond in the setting. "Sarah, will you marry me?"

Sarah sat back in her chair, tears rolled down her face as she sat stunned in silence. "Robert, oh my god..." Sarah reached out taking the small box from his hand. She studied the small ring pulling it from the box, she slipped it onto her ring finger. It was a little loose but looked amazing on her finger, she dropped her head sniffing loudly as a flood of tears fell from her eyes like raindrops on a summer afternoon.

"Sarah?" Robert quietly questioned, his thoughts ran from denial and pain to up lifting hope that she would answer his question.

"I love you Robert, and YES! I will marry you!" Sarah cried out slipping off the chair into his out stretched arms. She kissed him passionately, showering his face in tears of joy holding him tightly, like he would slip away if she didn't.

Sarah pulled away from him standing up before him, Robert looked at her quizzically, she took his hand in hers pulling him to his feet. Without saying a word she slowly lead him to the bed room, stepping aside to let him enter first. Robert stopped at the foot of the bed, turning around to see Sarah standing in the door way. She slowly walked into the room, she wore a silly smile on her face, with a gleam in her eyes, she kicked the door shut with the heel of her foot.

"Sit..." she with a gentle yet commanding tone, she was wearing a simple sky blue t-shirt, with a pair of faded blue jeans. Robert quietly sat on the bed, a troubling feeling started in the pit of his stomach, a small voice in the back of his head started to whisper the word 'No' over and over again, watching as she walked over to the dresser taking off the small gold engagement ring.

Quietly like a stalking cat she walked back to him, forcing his legs open gently with her knees to stand between them. Reaching down she started to pull at the bottom of her shirt, rolling it up a bit, exposing her belly to him. "Kiss me...." she commanded in a hushed tone tapping a small spot on her exposed belly, just above her navel.

Robert leaned in brushing his lips against her soft skin, he could smell her scent a mix of coconuts and arousal. He felt her fingers brush through his hair, while he flicked his tongue, tasting a sweet yet bitter taste from her skin, probably her lotion he guessed.

Sarah's hand slipped around to his forehead gently pushing him away as she bent at the waist drawing her body away from his searching lips. Pulling the shirt off she held it by two fingers out to her side letting it fall to the floor. Sarah was wearing a sky blue lace bra underneath, drawing her arm across her breast she held the garment in place while reaching back with her other hand to pull at the clasp in the back.

Robert watched the bra go from stiff and tight to loose in a matter of seconds. The straps of the bra slipped off her shoulder but with a whisper, but did not slip off completely due to her arm holding it in place. Sarah stepped in closer to him, her cloth covered breasts were inches from face, Robert could feel his hear pounding in his chest, he watched her remove the right strap showing him a several inches of her skin. She slowly removed the bra away with her hand exposing her erect nipples to him.

He had always thought her breast were amazing, they were the small but perky, the nipples a deep rich chestnut stiff with desire. "Kiss me..." she pleaded gently rolling her nipples between her thumb and index finger. Robert leaned forward drinking in her intoxicating scent, brushing his lips against her hard nub. Sarah ran her fingers through his hair, pushing gently on the back of his head urging him to continue.

Robert drew her right nipple into his mouth, slowly rolling his tongue over it, he felt it stiffen even more in his mouth. He sucked and nibbled at the hard flesh, then shifting his tact to slow longing kisses, he felt Sarah arch her back then slowly push his head forcing him to repeat the seductive kisses to the other nipple.

Robert played happily with the other nipple devouring it, feeling his cock stiff with excitement in his pants. He felt the overwhelming need to turn the tables, toss Sarah onto the bed and ravage her body. She must have sensed his feelings, before he knew it she was pulling away from him again, taking a step back from his wanting lips.

Sarah chuckled at him waving her index finger at him in a "Uh uh" fashion. Robert leaned back on the bed with a pained look on his face, he wanted this women badly. Sarah flash a coy smile,while her hands drifted over her breast, brushing her nipples with her palms, down her belly, coming to rest on waist band of her jeans. Sarah slowly stepped back between his legs, she gently pulled at the waist band of her jeans, biting her lower lip, while looking longingly at Robert.

Robert could see the waist band of her black panties, showing hints of them being lace as well. Sarah scooted forward till her body was inches from his face, bending slightly she kissed him gently on the cheek. She placed her knee on the edge of the bed, brushing it against his massive erect that was pushing against the crotch of his pants. Robert watched her body shift, as her hands quietly popped the button on her jeans, he could hear the zipper slowly click away, watching her hand pull it down.

Sarah slipped her hand down into her jeans sighing loudly, he could not see what she was doing, but with the look on her face and the large bulge in her pants he could only assume it was enjoyable. Sarah was bent over in front of him, resting her head on his shoulder moaning deeply into his ear, he could feel her warm breath against his neck.

Sarah stood upright in front of him her, hand still buried in her jeans, but her face was flushed red with arousal, she looked down at her buried hand, with a weak smile, watching as she pulled it slowly from her jeans. She stopped just as her wrist came into view, smiling she reached out taking her hand in his and pulled him up from the bed, slowly she circled him, Robert turned to keep her beauty in view, till they were opposite from where they had started. Sarah sat down on the bed, spreading her legs wide, leaning back on her free hand while the other slipped back down into her pants. "Take off your shirt..." she whispered in an authoritative tone.

Robert slowly unbuttoned his shirt, popping each button exposing more and more of his chest to her. Sarah bit the right corner of her bottom lip seductively, slowly she slipped her hand further down the front of her jeans, he could see her hand pushing against the material, he knew she was stroking her erection, just by the motion of her arm. Robert slipped off the shirt dropping it in the pile of clothes collecting next to the bed.

Sarah sighed quietly, her eyes were half closed and her chest rose and feel quickly, "Ta..take off your pants" she groaned out between ragged breaths. Robert flashed her a wicked grin as he reached down to grab his belt slowly releasing it, letting it fall open on its own. Taking a step towards her he slipped his right hand along the button forcing his pants to release. Taking another step Robert found himself standing between her legs slowly pulled down the zipper, watching Sarah's eyes follow every movement of his hands.

Sarah's eyes widened as his pants slipped from his hips as his throbbing hard manhood pushed past the material exposing the fact that he was not wearing anything under the pants. He stepped from the jeans kicking them off behind him. "Your turn for show and tell..." Robert quietly teased, reaching for his erection, giving it a gentle squeeze, watching as a bead of precum leaked from his slit dripping onto the leg of her jeans.