Lovers' Oath

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

-"It doesn't matter." she shouted back, before taking her stance and observing the creatures advance slowly. He chuckled from where he lay helpless, 'I would almost mistake her for the Alpha, except for her being a woman', he thought. Her last sentence was something his alpha frequently used. He watched her in appreciation as she stood her ground firmly, never yielding, never backpedaling. Instead she watched them carefully for a weak point in their armor as she waited, poised to pounce.

Part-II

Rayn waited for them to come closer. She did not know the range of the gun and neither knew how many bullets each minion of devil would take before going down. So she decided to let them get close enough to get their heads in line with the gun. She saw the heavy armor they were wearing; well, it was either their armor or they had steel like scales. The heavy armor gave her the idea that they were pretty vulnerable beneath it. And the only part that showed of their body was the small part of their forehead and their thick chin. These creatures were slobby, and quite bulky. Their faces seemed to be hugely deformed. They had almost round black void like eyes. Nose was not visible, but she could discern a metal like flap where a nose guard should be. The flap was moving slightly. She assumed they had only a flap for a nose. Everything else was covered in the armor.

She secured the dagger in her belt, then lifted the gun to point at that small opening of their forehead, braced her gun-hand with the other and shot. As she waited for the bullet to hit, it seemed to slow down its pace for her to see. As the bullet hit point, she cursed, the bullet had simply ricocheted off the hard skin. She jumped aside seeing the monster lift its gun and shoot. She winced as she saw a part of a construction simply vanish behind the spot where she was standing moments ago. Powdered rumble rained down all around. She ran to the side, distracting them from the injured man. There were now four of them coming towards her. She grasped the hilt of the dagger in her other hand, preparing for a close combat, and again took aim with the gun. This time she pointed it toward the monster that was looking for the man. It was a little distant shot, still she took the chance. She pointed where its neck should be and shot. And what a shot it was!

As the bullet hit the thing, the monster roared and faced her, at the same time another monster quacked loudly and simply fell, partly immobilizing another of its kind. This event distracted her from the now roaring and chasing demon, and almost made her incredulous. The second shot, too, had glanced off the brute's hard skin but had hit a lucky point on the other. Rayn was trying to figure out where it had hit the fallen monster as she kept safe distance from the other two. Currently one was stalking her and another was trying to free the third one from below the dead one. She looked at the fallen one to see the point and see she did. The bullet, after glancing off the target, had wedged a path bending the rim of the dead one's head gear and had cut through its brain diagonally. It was a lucky shot. She again spun and shot her pursuer, trying to find the correct angle to repeat the lucky shot. This time, the shot hit the face plated right where its nose should be. Taking the shot full in the face, the monster stopped, then gingerly lifted its hand to touch the hit spot. As its hand touched the spot, its eyes instantly changed color, till now it was all black, it changed to blood red.

Then she had nothing else to do but drop to her knees and cover her ears as the bloody minion of devil screamed its rage and hatred for her in a shrill shreak. As she knelt, she opened one eye and looked at the monster, instantly thankful for doing so. Finding the point she was looking for, she rolled towards the monster stopping at her desired spot from where she could see the target and laying down fully on her back, shot right through its chin and rolled out of way as the brute came down crashing on the spot where she was laying a few seconds before. She had taken position to shoot right at its feet.

She was almost exhausted. The stress was taking toll on her. As she pulled her protesting body up, she saw the trapped one getting free. She simply shook her head and stalked towards them. The monsters, noticing her, took stance side by side. And she stopped. Wary of her technique. 'How the hell am I supposed to do this? I have to distract one of them,' she thought, getting her weapons ready. As she stepped to her right, a small moan came from the direction where she knew the man she was trying to protect was lying helpless.

One monster shifted its attention, sniffing the air. She shivered. If it got to him before she could finish it... She shot at the closer one without losing a second. Then jumped forward. Landing right in front of the target she crouched down, barely ducking under the swing the monster took and pressing the gun to its chin, shot upwards.

She didn't stop to see if the shot had taken effect. She sprinted after the last brute. It had succeeded in getting a whiff of where its prey lay and had pursued. As she approached, her panic rose, seeing the monster bent over the man. She let out a scream, feeling a primal rage inside her, triggering her protective side to its fullest. She wanted to tear the monster limb from limb for hurting someone under her protection. Without thinking, she jumped up on its back, raising the dagger hight and plunged right down to where its heart should be. Not stopping at the one blow, she pulled out the dagger and hacked again and again, disregarding where she hit. She felt the brute rising, letting out a shreak similar to her second kill, but this time she did not stop. Simply gripping its sides firmly with her legs, she whacked away, until the brute collapsed under her attack.

She slid down from her last kill and knelt down, then ultimately collapsed and lay panting. Then she remembered the man. She gasped. In frantic panic, she looked up and saw him pressed up to the wall. She crawled towards him, having lost almost all her strength.

-"Hey... Hey, you o.k?" she asked, her voice breaking. She was almost crying; after all that, he could not be killed. 'Oh please don't be dead don't be dead don't be dead... Please Goddess please please please,' she whispered, still crawling to get close enough to touch him, to check his pulse.

As she searched frantically for a beat of his heart, she heard him taking a deep breath.

-''Are you o.k? Did I get in time? Did that one hurt you?" she asked with anxious worry. He blinked in confusion at her. Then he remembered something, and a hint of faint smile appeared on his face.

-''Yeah, I'm o.k. I was pretending to be dead so the thing would get confused." He replied.

-"They can't understand if we are faking it?" she asked, frowning. As he nodded in confirmation, she glared at him,

-"And you could not tell me that earlier?" she asked.

without answering that, he asked her instead,

-"You did not happen to shoot one of them only once, did you?"

-"Yeah, the first one. It was a fluke. I was aiming at another, and the bullet glanced off and hit that one instead. Why?" as she supplied, she saw him pointing at something at her back.

-"It's coming. And its pissed that you had immobilized it." he answered.

She looked, sighed, and stood up to take care of it.

-"Stay here." she commanded him. He was startled at her tone, but not losing a beat he replied,

-"No probs. Take your time." he answered sarcastically.

Shooting him a glare, she also could not help a chuckle. As she looked for her gun, she realized she had dropped it when she had stabbed the last monster. Now she only had the dagger. She groaned. But she had to try. She took a few steps away from her charge, to exclude him from the monster's visual field.

As the monster came closer, she simply tried to go around its back and stab it, but it kept its face towards her, making her plan impossible to execute. As it came charging forward, so did she. As she came within its striking distance, she jumped up on its chest and plunged down the dagger. Before the dagger could touch its armor, the monster took a swing at her, effectively dislodging her from its chest and sending her flying backwards. She winced as pain shot through her body. Her hand had broken. She writhed in pain, expecting the brute to tear her any moment. As she did not hear its heavy footfalls, she opened her eyes and squinted to locate it. What she saw froze her to her bone. Her attacker was sniffing and following the man's scent. She groaned and stood up, panting laboriously. She frowned in frustration. Why were these things so intent upon killing that man? And it seemed he was continually distracting them from her. Suddenly she understood. Even last time, when she was facing two of them, he had moaned. She gasped, both in panic and furious rage. That bloody helpless idiot was trying to help her by putting himself in danger. Even at first he had told her to go away, knowing that those things were following him.

She broke in a run, she could see the vile creature, stalking towards the man. Hearing her footsteps it turned and shreaked. She did not stop. She simply jumped up, and came down onto the brute plunging in the dagger firmly in its head. As it again made that shreaking sound, she spat in rage and hatred, wising to mix them in with her blow,

-" DIE!".

She tried to withdraw the dagger to stab again, but didn't get the time. The monster got a chock hold on her middle and threw her towards the wall, trying to squash her. It didn't see her crash into the wall. As her limp body slid down the wall, its carcass was lying lifeless on the rain soaked road.

Rayn's body lay on the pavement, a pool of blood slowly collecting under her body. Something flicked in her fast fogging mind. 'I did it! He is safe.' she thought. ' Am I dying?' as she tried to think the answer, her brain gave up on her. 'It doesn't matter', she decided as her last thought flicked through her mind.

-oOo-

Lovers' Oath Ch. 2 coming soon. Work is in progress on that. So, yeah, don't forget to vote and comment on this entry.

12