All Comments on 'Lowborn Ch. 10'

by Darkniciad

Sort by:
  • 30 Comments
AnonymousAnonymousalmost 11 years ago
Loved it!

So glad to see you writing again and loved every minute of this story! I hope we get to see more of these characters because they're really fun. Thank you!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 11 years ago
Agree w/Anon!!

Totally agree! glad to see you back writing and love this world :) ... btw, are you ever going to finish the Mist line? ........ looking forward to reading more !!

DarkniciadDarkniciadalmost 11 years agoAuthor
SOTM 19 in progress

I took quite a hiatus for a while. Didn't even release much in my other pen names last year. Lowborn alone is nearly equal to last year's cumulative word count.

Every so often, my muse takes a vacation without so much as a by-your-leave.

Ch. 19 of SOTM is in progress, but it's slow going. I'm at a turning point in the story, and I want to get it right.

cittrancittranalmost 11 years ago
Heh. Your muse takes a vacation "every so often"

And mine actually shows up for work with about that same frequency. -_-

On another note (or notes, actually)

Yay, SOTM 19 is being worked on!

And I think I'd be interested in Raven's story as well, either before or after she met Mindblind. (Or both, even.)

She's definitely a unique character, even among the ones you've created.

DarkniciadDarkniciadalmost 11 years agoAuthor
Raven's Story

Can't really tell Raven's backstory here. I only hint at it in the tale, but she's barely legal even in this story. For that matter, so is Mindblind =P Absolutely would be over the line of Lit's 18+ rule if I delved back any more.

It would be a pretty dark tale. She's led a rough life.

GrumpySkatesGrumpySkatesalmost 11 years ago
Loved it

Not much can make me loose sleep like your stories, and this was one of your best! Really appreciate the balance between good plot and character development and steamy hot sex. I'm sure Cerebus has many more adventures before he meets Christi and becomes a Duke, and I look forward to reading them.

TJ_RockTJ_Rockalmost 11 years ago
Loved it!

Been waiting awhile for this one. You didn't disappoint. Now there's a promise of Vlad's story, too? You sure know how to keep a girl on the hook :)

MooCamelMooCamelalmost 11 years ago
Awesome to see you writing again

You are one of the few authors that can just completely suck me into a story. It's like the rest of the world just stops while I'm reading. I sat down to read this chapter this morning during breakfast. Once I hit the end of the story I looked down and noticed that my cereal was barely touched and getting soggy. I love that quality about your work. As always, can't wait for whatever you put out next.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 11 years ago
Damn Bud, you r so good!

U r right at the top of my picks for Lit's best. A big ditto for all of the compliments to you from others about this story (and all your others). I know you can't tell of Raven's adolescent sex, but you can tell her back story without describing the sex like "molested," "abused," or "taken advantage of" for instance. That way you could at least tell us about how she acquired her skills. Anything you write is/will be a treat friend. Thank you again for giving us so much so good. Lynn

stormkitestormkitealmost 11 years ago

You're actually pretty good at this....

You must have a very good word processor.

;>)

(seriously, though, there are maybe half-a-dozen writers here who are actually readable and don't kick my inner proofreader/line editor into meltdown. I appreciate (a) having a story worth reading and (b) being able to just read the story without getting red pencil all over the monitor.... )

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 11 years ago
Oh my my my

Wow. It's rare to find a story with a plot that good, let alone having amazing sex scene's as well. You have a true talent

AnonymousAnonymousover 10 years ago
Very Good Story

Well done and thank you for your efforts.

AnonymousAnonymousover 10 years ago
Well done

Just read the whole lowborn series. I enjoyed it a lot. Hope to read more of your stories. Again well done. Thanks.

hugmachinehugmachineover 10 years ago
Lowborn

Damm you are good. I read the whole series today, couldn't help myself it is so good.

I'm going to have to keep a closer eye on you, didn't expect you to start writing again so haven't been checking.

I will be watching for more from you .

Please don't wait so long to write more!!!

Thank You

AnonymousAnonymousabout 10 years ago

I could almost hear the dice roll :)

WlljamWlljamalmost 10 years ago
Top marks!

Mate, that was one of the best stories I have read in along time!

Cheers!

MontanosMontanosover 9 years ago
Excellent

This is, by far, one of the most complete stories I have seen in our out of Literotica. Though the final antagonist leaves a lot to be desired (predictable to a fault) everything else about the story has a certain, well developed, pace.

The evolving romance between Raven and Cerebus felt right. It has a lot of physicality, a certain callous independence, but not a ponderously over-the-top promiscuity which devalues the relationship. She did not feel like a horny little slut. She felt like someone who saw what she wanted, had no shame about her desires and took her pleasure as she needed. In essence, she was a no-nonsense, capable individual with a lot of baggage but with strong self confidence.

The fact that Raven is mostly in control adds to the story in spades and bounds. That she could only grasp the level of her emotions when deeply inebriated, was very believable and an important step in the growing relationship with Ceberus. Ceberus' reactions to her were perfect to enhance the scenes with almost realistic awkwardness or daring.

What made the story so interesting was that it did not, at any moment, center around the sex. The sex was explicit, sure, but the story did not cater to it. The adventure was prominent in the tale, not the hugs and kisses between scenes.

This is, in my humble opinion, one of the best stories I've read. It doesn't chase its own tail. It has a beginning, a middle and an end.

Very well done.

Montanos

MontanosMontanosover 9 years ago

Errata, 'or' for 'our'

AnonymousAnonymousabout 9 years ago
A rare treat

A story more about telling the tale than the sex and yet still enticing and well rounded at the end. I look forward to hearing more of the tale of Mindblind and Raven.

5 Stars is all they allow, but I put them on every chapter.

Please keep up the good work.

Ramjet

AnonymousAnonymousabout 7 years ago
awesome

defiantly a awesome story. I love the world you have created. outstanding job to both the writing and editing. loved it 5 stars

AnonymousAnonymousabout 7 years ago
Thank you

It's nice to find a story that's so well written and actually makes it to the end. And a touching one, too. Thank you.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 6 years ago
I’d like to know which story to read first

2/3 of the way into the story it felt rushed... the meeting of the assasins in the plain... the battle even though exciting was hard to believe since to the reader this was his first experience in a fight and he takes down a hardened Assassin... maybe if the preceding lines didn’t describe them as professional killers. Still enjoyed your story very much

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
Surprised

I am very surprised that there are no other comments on this story. It was very good and well written, not full of incorrect word usage and grammatical errors as is common for many authors on this site. Kudos to you.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 4 years ago
Nicely done!

Well written - really pulled me in.

Thanks!

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago

Loved it. You caught my attention from the first sentence and didn't let me go until the end.

From what you and others have said, it will provide really good background to the next set of stories.

I am very much looking forward to the next set.

Keep on writing and I will keep on reading.

Much appreciated.

- Frank

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

Started with "Danica", was left hanging with SOTM (that's one huuuuge plot that you've got to finish... one day, hopefully), had lot of smiles with "The Art Ardane", got very much enchanted by "To Catch a Merchant Princess" (god, I'd love a continuation of Alicia and Thakkor's story)... and now I'm finding myself out of words for this well rounded piece about Mindblind and the absolutely adorable Raven. All that over the course of one week in which I haven't done much else than reading your stories.

What I like most about "Lowborn" is how you adapt your style of writing. I could already sense a more down to earth approach with TCaMP but the atmosphere around Lowborn is special. Mindblind, Raven, Indigo and the - how do you call it? - ladies of negotiable virtue are so freaking authentic, it's mind-numbing. The settings you use, the interactions and words spoken between the characters, the fighting scenes, the sex scene, the whole perfect plot... it's amazing. You, sir, got a fantastic sense for storytelling and painting pictures with the use of the right words. Thank you so much for sharing your art with us.

P.S.: And of course I'd like to know how Mindblind got from Raven to Christi and on to a Duke's title.

DarkniciadDarkniciadalmost 2 years agoAuthor
Just a quick note:

There's a pseudo sequel of this teetering on the edge of finished. I'm trying to get this one scene to play out in a way that feels right so I can get to the finale, which is clearly written in my head.

It follows Betty ( who had the little miracle bottle in her bodice ) striking out on her own after grand success opening their brothel in "stingy pussy". Mainly a new cast of characters, but you never know who might show up ;)

It's called "One Whore's Town" and it's not big enough for the both of them.

As always, I'm forever tinkering and making tiny little advances on SOTM. I don't want to just release 1 chapter and then go who knows how long, so I wait until I have at least a couple to offer up. New Darkni story in the works as well, which is the second of his trilogy. After that trilogy is a Darki/Mindblind story, and the end of that directly launches into that long awaited story of how the companions got together and ended up freeing/ruling Egoria.

AnonymousAnonymous10 months ago

Enjoyed this story. Good characters, good plot, good fight scenes, good sex scenes. Would enjoy a sequel. Mimdblind is a good character that is deserving of more adventures. Raven, too.

Horseman68Horseman687 months ago

Totally excellent. This series is such a great read. Bravos.

voyeurdunuitvoyeurdunuitabout 2 months ago

Thanks for an excellent, really fun read. Everything about it is really well done - the characters, the dialog, the pacing, the action, and the sex. I just found you, notice that it's 10 years old so I hope there are some more stories in the list with Mindblind and company.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous