All Comments on 'Luttepor Fairlamor'

by cliffgirl08

Sort by:
  • 15 Comments
AnonymousAnonymousover 11 years ago

This was an exciting story and completely different than what you usually right. Nicely done.

KrutherKrutherover 11 years ago
Bulky title explained at end

This was a sweet, hot, and original story. I'd love to see these guys as supporting characters in another story (maybe with Keaton?) and get more insight into the world they inhabit. Brilliant!

avidreadravidreadrover 11 years ago

While normally not a fan of post-apocalyptic stories, I did enjoy yours very much. I liked the characters and the relationships very much, as well as the HEA, Thank you for this gift.

aartonaartonover 11 years ago
A 5-star from me

Interesting concept of end of the world, especially coming so cose to 12/21 LOL. The plot was very original.

odramastudentodramastudentover 11 years ago

You explain the future well and write clear, concise sentences and paragraphs. Maybe you describe too much but in this case it makes sense.

metajinxmetajinxover 11 years ago

This is a really great story. I particularly like how you explained things I would have asked myself otherwise, and put thought in day-to-day life instead of just writing about a global situation. The characters are nicely done and vivid, although Will does seem to come up a bit short - but that could be due to the perspective, and doesn't hold any weight on the readability.

The climax with Lee getting hurt and Will being away felt a bit hurried, but on the other hand, it gave a valid reason to leave Camp 12 and also fit in well. It could have used a bit more details to "drag it out" a bit, like how the wild grass and crops felt when Will searched through it, and if the night was pitch black or if there was a moon (or clouds?), just to make it more "feelable", but that, again, is just a very small thing.

All in all I really, really enjoyed your story, it is well rounded, well told and a five star read to me!

jeansguyjeansguyover 11 years ago

I agree with avidreader. I hope you plan a sequal to this story to let us know how the group does in the future!

AnonymousAnonymousover 11 years ago
Awesome story!

That was an awesome story! Not just a story about sex, but more of a short novel. You are an excellent writer and should definitely keep up the great work! Although I would have loved some more details in some parts, overall the story is fantastic!

JAXTIGJAXTIGover 11 years ago
Great story line...

Tonight I have read two of your new stories (The Devil in Devlin). I really enjoyed both. They are both very detailed in the majority of the story. They really pull you in. If there is a downside to them (to me) it is there is so much detail for 3/4 of the story, then wham the last section is rushed. They are built up so nicely. Would have like to seen the attention to detail carried to the end. examples

"They both knew Cecil and the Camp 12 leaders were behind the attack. If one of them was asked to sign Lee out, they wouldn't do it. They would let him die just to prove a point. "I can." Fifteen minutes later the truck was brought out," If both would be denied the request, who said I can or how did they get the truck?

"He thought he recognized a voice and vaguely wondered if one of his attackers was Virgil Camden. But no, Virgil was from Camp 7. He shouldn't be way over here on the other side of the district." "Lee said that Virgil Camden might be one of his assailants, and when he was questioned, he gave up the others." Not saying huge amount of detail but a glimpse of how he is there from so far away.

"Evie and James went back to Camp 12 but didn't stay; the other leaders waived their contract due to the circumstances, and they soon were offered a place at Camp 10 to live until their Fairlamor period was up." "Most were members of Camp 12 including Evie and James," Which camp was Evie at?

These are not make it or break it items. I did enjoy both but the ending felt like they are missing a little something. Now off to your blog for my planned rereading of Dreaming of Dax. Thanks so much for sharing your writings. Merry Christmas

AnonymousAnonymousabout 11 years ago
Contradictory comments between stories

must be a little frustrating for you. Other stories have drawn criticism that focused on not progressing the story enough, this one on progressing it too quickly. But this is a short story site (which sometimes ends up becoming periodical novelization) and as such you did well with this story by dropping us in a world fully formed and focusing on the characters and the erotic side of their relationship. 5 stars for you.

melonhead94melonhead94about 11 years ago

First of all, thank you for giving us this story in one chapter. You are one of the good guys because at least we don't have to wait forever even with the chapter stories you post. Now about this- you give us such a black future. To be gay means you're shunned, like a return to pre- early 20th century. But some love shines through and Lee and Will grab it. Well done and hot.

kitewriterkitewriterabout 11 years ago

Where are all your stories? Dreaming of Dax and Love Unexpected? Did you delete them?

avidreadravidreadrabout 11 years ago
OTHER STORIES

If you read the author bio, Cliffgirl has a blog listed where her stories can be found.

Mobester123Mobester123almost 9 years ago
Loved it!!! 5 stars

I loved this story, I hink it was the way the reader is transported into the world of the character's, I am usually not a lover of post-apocalyptic stories but yours was writen wonderfully. Well done, 5 stars from me

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous