All Comments on 'Lynn and Leif Forevermore Ch. 01'

by mich80new

Sort by:
  • 15 Comments
quietman200quietman200almost 11 years ago
Good start

OK, you hooked me in. I like them already, and I like the story so far. A few minor mechanical errors, but nothing major. Just proofread next time. I like that you started with a tease rather than having them jump right into bed in the first two or three paragraphs. It makes the reader want that much more to read the next chapter. I can't wait to find out what happens. Having Janelle there with them makes me wonder if they'll wind up in a threesome, but the title doesn't sound that way, his narrative doesn't sound like he's thinking that. I guess I'll just have to wait and find out.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 11 years ago
*****

Good start, but if you're looking to create something superior, you should consider getting an editor. Not that what you've written is bad. Not at all. I only make the suggestion because I sense your story has potential.

Example (from the first paragraph) of possible improvement:

"He was bow(l)ed over by..."

Hope you don't mind the suggestion.

Five, for a promising debut.

ariesgirlariesgirlalmost 11 years ago

Leif seem to be really digging Lynn with no thoughts of Janelle so I hope there is no threesome involved. They both seem to shy to even try a threesome.

heycrystalheycrystalalmost 11 years ago
Great start..please continue until the end

I really enjoyed your story. It was way too short but a good beginning. I hope you continue with this story i'd really like to see where your characters end up. Please update soon and keep up the good work.

casemgrcasemgralmost 11 years ago
Interesting

I really like the beginning of your story, and look forward to reading more soon. It's really very good.

cherryontop1973cherryontop1973almost 11 years ago
Very nice start!

I love the way you are taking your time yet continuously pulling the audience into the story. Can't wait to see what happens next.

mich80newmich80newalmost 11 years agoAuthor
Anonymous comment

Hi Anonymous I am not offended by your kind, yet constructive feedback. I appreciate your words, and I am more than willing to incorporate revisions into my story. I get swept up in the moment when I write, so sometimes those errors are hard to catch. I appreciate an additional set of eyes. Thanks for taking the time to comment.

mich80newmich80newalmost 11 years agoAuthor
Thanks to everyone else with a comment

Thanks to everyone else who has written with a comment as well. Look for Part II to be posted soon.

theognistheognisalmost 11 years ago
*****

You're welcome. That was nice of you. I'm looking forward to reading more of your story.

J

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 11 years ago
so nobody thinks that was racist?

She basically said she only trust him because he's white, a black dude in the same situation would apparently be oh so wrong and dangerous self-hatred is disgusting

toubabtoubabalmost 11 years ago
Anon

No, I don't think it was racist. I think it was the opposite of that. Your reading of the situation is odd.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 11 years ago

Yep, the "strange black dude" thing is kind of prejudiced. Also the mention of her "her black, sweet, inner city voice" WFT is a "black voice"?

AnonymousAnonymousover 10 years ago

The coffee statement wasn't racist. He was bringing it up because she's the one who mentioned race in the first place. By saying" why would I have coffee with a strange WHITE guy" implies that she would instead have coffee with a strange black man. That's why he asked. If you're going to be sensitive to ethnicity get out of the interracial genre

black_maestrablack_maestraover 10 years ago
I get everyones' meaning...

I understand the racist view point from Anon, but I also knew that the writer was allowing Lynn to kid with Leif, by saying 'white dude.'

I did pause with "her black, sweet, inner city voice." And once again I knew (I could be still wrong) that the author was trying to imply that Leif was turned on by Lynn's voice (that clearly conveyed her ethnicity [African Amer.] as well as where she grew up [Brooklyn] along with her natural sweet sounding voice.. she sings).

I know I am being wordy, but I just hate for things or people to get or be confused on here. I am enjoying this story so far.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous