All Comments on 'Machoification'

by cand86

Sort by:
  • 8 Comments
AnonymousAnonymousover 16 years ago
A political tract dressed up as porn - but I agree

This is the most brilliant analysis I have read of why women's lesbian politics are so unrelievedly boring, and I quote from the story:

"Women were having a heck of a time without men in their beds until someone started defining sex by who got left out of it rather than who was in it. ... Every time I crawl into bed with a woman I'm made to feel like I'm doing something great because I've 'surpassed the love of men', like I've given up heterosexuality as a protest for womenkind. But in reality, it's only because I love her and I'm horny for her."

Too entirely true. I sometimes think that a lot of lesbian sex is just dreary posturing. As one married bisexual woman once told me as she sucked my cock: "All I want to do is suck some pussy and these dykes want me to pass out pamphlets."

The gay males have got passed it. Why don't the dykes just fuck each other and stop giving everyone else - men and women - a hard time about their tastes in sex? We don't really care. Nor should they. Whom they have sex with is their business, and theirs alone.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 16 years ago
beautiful

deep, insightful, fucking hot!

AnonymousAnonymousover 14 years ago
Tired and old

Ah, the usual fuck-those-feminists-and-their-manhating-ways! There are so much strawmen arguments in here I don't even know where to begin. It's all fine and well to enjoy whatever you enjoy in the bedroom but let's not pretend like it exists in a vacuum. I bet you're also one of those "cool" girls and not like other girls who are just shallow and stupid, am I right?

cand86cand86almost 13 years agoAuthor

To the anon who commented on 12/14/09: I (the author) self-identify as a feminist . . . I wrote this story based off a bit of inspiration around the idea of the opposite of forced feminization. The idea sort of necessitates the main character to hold stereotypical and a somewhat poor view of what they secretly want to become- in men's forced feminization fantasies, it is often that femininity or being a woman is shameful, weak, etc., because he desires to experience humiliation or submission but cannot ask for something so taboo. And in its corollary, a woman who desires forced machoification might hold the belief that masculinity or being a man/butch woman is boorish and sexist and so on, because she desires what she finds appealing but taboo- gender-play and power. So yes, Luna is a character created to have the sort of psychological profile that makes the entire impetus of this story work.

I never intended for Luna to be representative of all feminists, and I'm sorry if it came off that way; she's meant to first and foremost be a set-up for the machoification twist, but beyond that, very nearly a caricature of the more radical feminists- transphobic, rejecting [chosen, wanted] butch/femme roles, anti-penetration, etc. (all stances I've seen before- without a doubt a tiny minority of those of us who identify as feminists, but one that *does* exist).

I've never in my life thought of myself as a "cool girl" or a "special snowflake" and quite frankly, I find it a little insulting for you to assume I have a poor view of women (or certain women) when nothing in this story suggests that at all.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 13 years ago
Eyeroll

Whether or not you intended this to be a thoughtful erotic piece that plays with gender, it reads as another variation of "uppity bitch gets hers" that is unfortunately so common on this website. I would hope that someone who strives as clearly as you do to be thoughtful about gender/sexuality/queer issues thinks through more about how your stories come off to readers in your future works. Turns out, creator intention doesn't mean a whole lot in art.

AnonymousAnonymousover 11 years ago
Just some gender def.

The physical def. is a pretty poor way to treat the trans* characters presented already. Otherwise, one of the most mature and sexy stories on here.

AnonymousAnonymousover 10 years ago
Love it!

As a low femme lesbian feminist who is starting to explore the desire to be a little more butch and to pack, I loved it!

LamentationLamentationover 3 years ago

Really one of the hottest ideas I’ve come across in a long time

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous